Entropia Universe 16.1.0 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Changes
  • The 30-second forced PvP status after leaving a PvP zone is now visible.
  • Changed the name of the item "Fire Rate Controller" to "Robot Fire Rate Controller".
  • Clicking left mouse button outside of context menus now closes the menu.
  • The Shrapnel icon size has been decreased.

Fixed Issues
  • The targeting crosshair now accounts for the PvP cooldown period.
  • The Shopkeeper Pad NPC has been renamed to “Shopkeeper”
  • Fixed inconsistent color coding in plot editor interface.
  • Fixed a view issue with vehicles in third and first person view.

Known Issues
  • The crosshair in third and first person mode in space vehicles is offset.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Changes

• The Shrapnel icon size has been decreased.
  • It is now possible to interact with targets, vehicles and collect loot via right mouse button.

It's something.

Awesome. Thank you. :)

1. Interact with Right Mouse Button doesn't seem to be working

2. No clue what a "Fire Rate Controller" is but "Adaptive Fire Rate Component" has not (and should not) changed, so I guess it's referring to an item that isn't even listed on EntropiaWiki or found in auction orders? Maybe this is an unreleased future content item and the change was mistakenly included in these patch notes..?

9BJrJa2.png

2. No clue what a "Fire Rate Controller" is

I'm worried about my BLP amps as Fi/Ra/Co stands for exactly that. :laugh:

edit: amps are fine. The tooltip on them says 'Fire Rate Controller' since VU16.0 btw.

Last edited:
Malachai Inferno FEN Edition still do not have a texture/color.

It is now possible to interact with targets, vehicles and collect loot via right mouse button.

This is incorrect, and has been removed from the release notes.

Reactions: Geo
Still no fix to space combat? Is this going to turn into another thing that never gets corrected? MA doesn't seem to be making this a priority. . . and have crushed a major part of the game in the process.... Ludvig?

Are health bars back yet....? I really hope they are... a way to target people from chat to find someone to trade with...

Also i hope they fixed the trade bug with having to wait for both avatars to load each other first...

If not im gonna pester and poke some more laters....

Does anyone else experience that a mobs healthbar disappears sometimes while dealing dmg to it?

That's quite an annoying bug…

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else experience that a mobs healthbar disappears sometimes while dealing dmg to it?

That's quite an annoying bug...

No, but last few days my 1st shot on random mobs does not register.

No, but last few days my 1st shot on random mobs does not register.

I need to watch out for this. Maybe the health bar only disappears in combination with arso chips + melee? I added a picture. It's kind of pointless to hunt Mobs w/o healthbar right :D

I need to watch out for this. Maybe the health bar only disappears in combination with arso chips + melee? I added a picture. It's kind of pointless to hunt Mobs w/o healthbar right :D

its a new bug , Suzy was not "selecting" the mob using interact and if u click the mob and attack sometimes it will "miss"

I did some interactions with storage and the AH and on leaving got a big unclosable and unmovable message on screen to "please wait". Is this message there for everybody as an EU catchphrase or just a notice to Brits today? ;)
If you like the irony, please just smile and move on, you know, forum policy and all that... - it just felt kind of ironic to me on this of all days.

Things still needed:

- "Enter Ship" context menu on pathfinders
- Custom chat channels being saved properly
- Reticle moving off to the left bug exiting vehicles "happens most often for me doing that anyway"

kthx :)

*edit*
Oh and left click interact in cursor mode moved back to right click unless you have specific plans of course =p

*edit2*
Oh and 1 million spacebucks!

this is not their final move...
They have done this to implement better systems...
They have introduced a new system that brings its own bugs as MA has always done...

They plan to build from this new system better gaming mechanics, they have said as much in the AMA

I assume... (HOPE!!!!)
VU 16.0.1 will be bug fixes
VU 16.0.2 Will be reactions to feedback
VU 16.1.0 building on the system that people are now comfortable with introducing better game mechanics...

Oh wow...… call my psychic or something but seems like they are doing what I said they would :D

I am very close to what has happened all bow down to me :)

Still no fix to space combat? Is this going to turn into another thing that never gets corrected? MA doesn't seem to be making this a priority. . . and have crushed a major part of the game in the process.... Ludvig?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Major? Dude, you are like 5 ppl leeching newbies and drunk ppl at space station, there's nothing major about that. There's barely any consumption (paying the game) in what you do.
Space combat is like 0.5% of planet actual PVP and planet PCP is like 0.5% of planet PVE. Spcae PVE is almost non existent, BUT, ALL bugs should be fixed no doubt. A little vacation didn't hurt anyone, chill a little, try some hunting, mining or crafting, give some back to the community :D

No, but I've experienced another weird glitch that might be related or not, who knows:

- sometimes when hovering over avatars, their names do not display, just the profession title (if any) and society;

...so if you hear reports of a new mob named 'Freelancer' spotted out there, that might be fake news. :laugh:

Reactions: Geo
Right click ... Status Bar... bring it back!

Bring back being able to select and located people with their health bar, so we can heal without team without having to constantly mouse over people. So we can stand next to who we are talking to without /p every time.

Bring back our ability to line up our next targets.

Since the VU16 update its like mind ark has plucked out my digital eyes making me blind to where people are... using local in contacts is useless.

I will keep coming back over this until this backward step in Entropia is fixed. It is litrally the one and only thing that frustrates me as a trade and healer or even simply being social and wanting to stand next to who im speaking.

COPY PASTE THE CODE FROM TEAMS BACK! Is there an issue here or you just ingoring your user base as usual over this for an unknown reason?

Instead busy with renaming items.... useless pointless change

Bring back being able to select and located people with their health bar, so we can heal without team without having to constantly mouse over people. So we can stand next to who we are talking to without /p every time.

Since the VU16 update its like mind ark has plucked out my digital eyes making me blind to where people are... using local in contacts is useless.

I will keep coming back over this until this backward step in Entropia is fixed. It is litrally the one and only thing that frustrates me as a trade and healer or even simply being social and wanting to stand next to who im speaking.

COPY PASTE THE CODE FROM TEAMS BACK! Is there an issue here or you just ingoring your user base as usual over this for an unknown reason?
Yes please! And bring back some way to tab through potential targets until I find a suitable one!

I think reason is that someone want that everyone uses this service like he wants it. He thinks he knows how EU has to be played and everyone should play like he does or he is a retarded old fart.

This person cant imagine that you stay on a hill and look down in 3rd Person view, Aim Mode and want to shoot a Mob and see the environment and the mob he shoots at and not only the ass of your Avatar.
He thinks that if you uses 3 Person view you only can use your desired Camera position and not look at the ass of your Avatar when you are in Cursor mode, Aim mode is not meant to function your view only how they like it.
When the new Camera movement makes players sick, they do not correct the camera but get rid of jumping mobs.
When Health bars are the thing the player base wants back, they ignore it and do not give a reason why they removed it in the first place but it seams obvious that is was requested by someone who wants to fuck up the game play for a lot of users of EU for their little place where they make their profit from other players.

It seams also obvious that this dumbing down of the UI is to move the Game to another Platform like VR and we pay for this development even though a user with Keyboard and Mouse is fucked up with the new steering, selecting next target, looting etc., all things which worked nearly flawless before VU 16.

So once again why not make two input methods available in EU?

Mouse / Keyboard mode(pre VU16) and VR / Console mode(after VU16) - with this modification you could please 100% of your user base, the od farts and the young fanboys too.

So please MA why do you not bring back Health Bars and not even give a reason for it?
Why do you think it is good for your Business to annoy so many of your user base for no obvious reason?
Why do you not do some simple "real world" test before you think you found the perfect solution, like not only shoot a mobs on a flat surface but also from top of a hill or from the bottom to a mob flying above you or in the water?

Why do you, MA, think that lesser possibilities, placing Camera in Aim mode - Health bar etc., are better for their customers?

And bring back some way to tab through potential targets until I find a suitable one!

Double yes please, I hate this new mouse over target system, should be click = my target, sometimes am not even thinking about where my mouse most of the time, but now in Entropia I have to keep my mouse right over my avatar all the time or I will end up targeting something just in view to my left or right, when I have a target I want right in front of me.

Double yes please, I hate this new mouse over target system, should be click = my target, sometimes am not even thinking about where my mouse most of the time, but now in Entropia I have to keep my mouse right over my avatar all the time or I will end up targeting something just in view to my left or right, when I have a target I want right in front of me.
We can. Select Next Target is still here, it just got renamed Lock Target. I strongly agree with the rest of what you said though. It's a time honored tradition since the earliest days of the concept of GUI (at Xerox PARC): left click to select, right click to access meta functions. There are fine reasons for that tradition.

Dunno what you did but mining is great again and i'm sure you made a lot of miners very happy again if I check MU's on auction.

It's really worth mining again !!!

Thank you very much :wtg:

Back