Entropia Universe 16.1.0 Release Notes

While I'm still hot on the topics of fix's, every tool in the game uses 'Interact' to 'auto-use' with one exceptions.....

Fixing cars... The players held tool should take priority with this, not the vehicle, the vehicle's interact should come secondary...

I do not want to detract from more first post on here... Status/Health Bars!

We can. Select Next Target is still here, it just got renamed Lock Target. I strongly agree with the rest of what you said though. It's a time honored tradition since the earliest days of the concept of GUI (at Xerox PARC): left click to select, right click to access meta functions. There are fine reasons for that tradition.

Yes it should cycle trough all mobs but more than once I had the problem that from 5 mobs on radar it switched only between two, and by the way I have enabled the option to also target mobs not in sight.
Pre VU16 you could also go back to previous mob if you selected next mob one time too much.

BTW do you think the person in charge at MA cares about traditions like left click to select and right click for meta function?
He knows better and he is in charge so all the users have to adapt to his style or play while looking at the ass of their avatars.

He is asking himself why is it so difficult for them to change their play style after 10 years? Why they complain that they have lesser possibility's to set their view, select target, be certain to loot the creature and not switch to a new mob when they want to loot a mob.

All this features he introduced to make this more enjoyable to you as he thinks he know how you should play this game, with VR/console and not with mouse/keyboard, exactly like he want it and not like you played it for the last 10 years full stop and he will not go back an inch as he and some of his closest friends like it the way it is now and that is the only thing that counts!!!

Yes it should cycle trough all mobs but more than once I had the problem that from 5 mobs on radar it switched only between two, and by the way I have enabled the option to also target mobs not in sight.
Pre VU16 you could also go back to previous mob if you selected next mob one time too much.

BTW do you think the person in charge at MA cares about traditions like left click to select and right click for meta function?
He knows better and he is in charge so all the users have to adapt to his style or play while looking at the ass of their avatars.

He is asking himself why is it so difficult for them to change their play style after 10 years? Why they complain that they have lesser possibility's to set their view, select target, be certain to loot the creature and not switch to a new mob when they want to loot a mob.

All this features he introduced to make this more enjoyable to you as he thinks he know how you should play this game, with VR/console and not with mouse/keyboard, exactly like he want it and not like you played it for the last 10 years full stop and he will not go back an inch as he and some of his closest friends like it the way it is now and that is the only thing that counts!!!

Pretty sure this is very far from being the case and they're aware there are a bunch of issues and are planning to continue improving the controls/camera with their new systems, but I guess you're just venting your frustrations with what's currently in the game.

Pretty sure this is very far from being the case and they're aware there are a bunch of issues and are planning to continue improving the controls/camera with their new systems, but I guess you're just venting your frustrations with what's currently in the game.

So you think the new camera system which has fewer possibilities is good as improvement?

So you think to make instead of select next mob and select previous mob action a action which only can go forward though the targets and most of the time misses out several of the ones visible is a improvement?

So you think to not any more be able to find a person in a crowded area or ordering the mobs you want to kill by dragging out health bar is a improvement?

To have every time you open inventory MA thinks they know better where to place it than you, f.x. right in the middle over the mob you want to kill and you want to make UA out of shrapnel, is a improvement?

To display press key XY to loot mob and when you do it the avatar turns around and shoots at another mob is an improvement?

I thought to make a service better you have to improve it not to make it more difficult to use or remove features your users used every day every time they used your service!

It seams clear to me for whom MA made all this changes and who they want to please.

I try to adapt but to remove vital, working systems is the wrong way.
Same as with forcing this VR steering/camera on keyb/mouse/monitor players is ridiculous.

But surely you can tell me where the improvements are that I missed to make the things I listed above go away.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

That option to target mobs not in sight doesn't seem to work for me either
... and another thing: if I manually turn my avatar to control which way it it facing, then press S to step back, instead of stepping back it unturns me. Not very functional really.

Vu16

The whole next (lock) targeting is silly. We carry small radars (don't we), so why in the world would it matter whether the mark one eyeball can see the target when our personal electronics can. Next target should select targets in sequence closest one onwards. :wise:

:scratch2: BRING BACK THE BLOODY STATUS BARS! :eyecrazy:

If whomever designed the new movement system thinks that it is the intuitive way to do things, please text me if you are getting ready to drive within 100 kilometers of me, because I do not want to be on the road anywhere near you. :dunce:

The auto-use action should be separate from the use action as the press to auto-use is not always apparent as to whether you pressed enough or too much. Why make it a guessing game? Completely pointless.

:wise:

... and another thing: if I manually turn my avatar to control which way it it facing, then press S to step back, instead of stepping back it unturns me. Not very functional really.

You need a readied weapon in your hand if you want to strafe or step back without turning.

You need a readied weapon in your hand if you want to strafe or step back without turning.
And thus every gathering is a conversation between the backs of all our heads :laugh:

And why I cant strafe walk backwards without a weapon in hands, there is no logic in it!

Its simple stupid that I cant strafe or walk backwards out of combat.

Does anyone else experience that a mobs healthbar disappears sometimes while dealing dmg to it?

That's quite an annoying bug…

seen it on avatars too.

the more i play this new update the more neutral i get lol. so tired of finding so many bugs. they did a good job of fixing the obvious ones but now it seems like they won't be able to fix no more. the one where you click on the ah npc and it takes you to the tech guy at ft fury. the one where you are in the storage changing things and open the tt terminal. the one where youre crafting away and typing away and push t by accident and end up at revive. the one where you repairing on the mothership but cant do anything else but use left ctrl plus your mouse has to be on the repair node. no exceptions don't bump the mouse. don't move to type.

the worst for me is having a second computer and i accidently hit the wrong keyboard like near 80% of the time. every time i hit t, well you know, 1/2 of those times i'm not looking at eu. like i wanted to go to revive, ffs. one of the most annoying bugs i've never mentioned because what can they do. besides make it worse.

theres more . the one where you are hunting and your gun stops shooting. if theres one thing more annoying than unesponsive mouse clicks its stopping when something was supposed to be running. speaking of unresponsive mouse clicks the mission list has something over the x in the top right you have to click on the titlebar then the x. ffs so freakin tired of beta testing

another bug my ass is you can't target a creature without something in your hand. so annoying that i can target a creature when i got a healer equipped but i can't target a mob when i jump out of a vehicle. and another bug sometimes instead of entering the vehicle left click picks it up.

not to mention the lasting super annoyances like the chat boot bug. wonder what point will kill it for me ... seems like it might be getting close

Last edited:
It's not perfect but I am able to hunt faster than ever.

the more i play this new update the more neutral i get lol. so tired of finding so many bugs. they did a good job of fixing the obvious ones but now it seems like they won't be able to fix no more. the one where you click on the ah npc and it takes you to the tech guy at ft fury. the one where you are in the storage changing things and open the tt terminal. the one where youre crafting away and typing away and push t by accident and end up at revive. the one where you repairing on the mothership but cant do anything else but use left ctrl plus your mouse has to be on the repair node. no exceptions don't bump the mouse. don't move to type.
yes, these and the more you mention....

Yes Xen: I am able to hunt faster than ever.
Indeed, I managed to hunt faster on one activity I tried at high speed, but it's not worth it when I consider the stuff that annoys me, so I haven't even done that activity that I would say has improved.

I want to do more than just that - and I haven't even tried some things I sort of knew in my mind would annoy me too, so thanks to Aloisius for flagging up the MS repair problem. I do actually want to spend some time in space - it is on my list - but not when I'm feeling 'pissed'...

Some suggestions and feedback, that may of been mentioned before, in no particular order:

⚶ Option to Hide Crosshair and White Dot
⚶ Option to adjust size of Crosshair with a sliding bar
⚶ With Scope zoomed the crosshair should be white and change to red when in range
⚶ Add some form of Status or Healths Bar for Healers not in a team for large groups or events
⚶ Create an Action Icon for 'Pick Up Vehicle'
⚶ Clicking an Item in an Estate should not Pick it up. Item info pickup or Context Menu is better
⚶ Put 'Interact' Back on RMB in 'Cursor Mode'
⚶ Option to Disable 'Hold RMB' to open context menu. Keep Hold Interact opens Context Menu
⚶ Ensure majority of Actions have an alternative Action Icon
⚶ All applicable actions for an item should be available in Item Info as icons like before
⚶ Double Clicking Equipable items in Inventory should open Item Info, not equp/unequip
⚶ Strafing while moving to target should not stop the interaction or auto use
⚶ Add Previous Lock Target action to go back to last targets
⚶ Pressing Move Backwards out of combat should Strafe Backwards not turn around
⚶ Add more Zoom increments and distance with scroll
⚶ Add another + zoom in on Map
⚶ Bring back Global/HoF zoom animation
⚶ Checkbox for "Don't show this message again" for convert shrapnel and condense inventory
⚶ Organize Armor Protection by Damage Class and not alphabetically
⚶ Organize Guest Lists Alphabetically
⚶ Allow Requests to Motherships and Privateers anywhere in the Universe like before
⚶ Allow access to Ship Guest Lists by Ship Deed Context Menu
⚶ Fix Font bug when a guest is removed
⚶ Add Align Camera and Horizon Action for pilots in Space
⚶ First Shot when spinning to interact with a target seems to not register at times
⚶ Holding Rotate Camera Key Binding will get stuck in rotation if you press Interact or Lock Target
⚶ Unreachable targets still displays Unreachable when they are reachable again (new to patch)
⚶ Moving to target can cause avatar to do continuous laps around the target
⚶ Windows should stay where they are put and never forced unless resolution or device is changed
⚶ Allow Renaming a friend by right clicking there name in chat instead of having to search friends list
⚶ Avatar names seem to load alot slower than displayed profession or society, if anything loads at all
⚶ Sometimes while interacting, moving, swimming or flying avatar does not face in the right direction
⚶ In tight spaces the camera will bounce even when not moving and also force first person is bad

That is all for now...

Last edited:
Lock target leaving lots to be desired

the lock target function is missing some important factors. when i'm hunting in a crowd i seriously want to hunt the nearest one to me. at least one within the group that's attacking me. i dunno how much worse than this incident it can get but i was hunting shared smugglers on the moon when i lost my target so i tried to reacquire with f and my weapon was autofiring. but the mob wasn't taking damage. well, it turned out that i had targeted the next one away and when it arrived and killed us all i wondered who was to blame. seriously the lock target has got to target the nearest mob.

speaking of shared smugglers, there is a unfair tradition going on where ubers soloing the mobs dont want people to join them because the low dps shooter seems to get a big share via a weapon drop once in awhile that the ubers demand to item split. this is totally unfair because the uber gets more loot from regular shared which is ok but they also want a share of item drops. doesn't seem fair to me at all. not even a little bit.

so i'm evading this pirate and had to repair my ship at cp when the repairs are done i click the ship and it picks it up. i dont want to pick it up i want to hike back out there and drain this dooshes ped card some more. got away from him twice in a row. he's a mad doosh now.

Last edited:
Well, if it succeeded in one thing, it's tiring one out of writing constructive feedback. I just want to rant and have been bottling it up. This messing about with the controls has now arrived firmly in the land of mere fumbling. "Let's try this and see how they cope." ... "Er, maybe something else." ... @§$%!

Will have something more useful to say after I find my meds, hopefully. As always, not aiming at a hard-working and capable dev team. I question leadership.

Well, if it succeeded in one thing, it's tiring one out of writing constructive feedback. ...
We're in the same boat + we're going to need a bigger boat!
With me it's also about not having the energy to ask constructive questions, although usually, understanding a situation better could help find better solutions that cover important but often hidden aspects too.

What was the mission of that great office sketch: to draw 7 red perpendicular lines, with some in green and some in blue ink? Maybe we are just not expert enough? [sketch is on the tube and called 'the expert']

seen it on avatars too.

the worst for me is having a second computer and i accidently hit the wrong keyboard like near 80% of the time. every time i hit t, well you know, 1/2 of those times i'm not looking at eu. like i wanted to go to revive, ffs. one of the most annoying bugs i've never mentioned because what can they do. besides make it worse.

theres more . the one where you are hunting and your gun stops shooting. if theres one thing more annoying than unesponsive mouse clicks its stopping when something was supposed to be running. speaking of unresponsive mouse clicks the mission list has something over the x in the top right you have to click on the titlebar then the x. ffs so freakin tired of beta testing

another bug my ass is you can't target a creature without something in your hand. so annoying that i can target a creature when i got a healer equipped but i can't target a mob when i jump out of a vehicle. and another bug sometimes instead of entering the vehicle left click picks it up.

not to mention the lasting super annoyances like the chat boot bug. wonder what point will kill it for me ... seems like it might be getting close

Let's not forget those moments hunting when you equip a healing tool and suddenly neither Use Tool nor Auto are interested in happening.... for maybe 4 times as long as it took to equip the tool. This detail is significant for MA because it cuts the level of mob which it's practical to hunt (and therefore also ped spent per hour) in half. Not to mention how frustrating the game has become and how exciting it no longer is... it has become a game of harvesting what mu I can while there still is any, rather than the recreational game it used to be.

It's not perfect but I am able to hunt faster than ever.

I have no idea what habits might have slowed you down but I can't hunt near as fast as I used to.

ignorance.jpg

My wish is there is no Version 16.2.

Stop now, Entropia has had enough. :(

Last edited:
Let's not forget those moments hunting when you equip a healing tool and suddenly neither Use Tool nor Auto are interested in happening.... for maybe 4 times as long as it took to equip the tool. This detail is significant for MA because it cuts the level of mob which it's practical to hunt (and therefore also ped spent per hour) in half. Not to mention how frustrating the game has become and how exciting it no longer is... it has become a game of harvesting what mu I can while there still is any, rather than the recreational game it used to be.

gawd is there anything more 'rong' than missing mouse clicks. i made a post some time before vu16 where i noticed missing mouse clicks. made a support case. they obviously never even heard about that because now its like 4 times as bad. my pets icon is seriously 4 clicks sometimes to even get it to spawn. theres got to be something to this. is it click stealing or what the flyin fook?

Back