Help: Calculating Profit from crafting

Xanato Xan Kaso

Stalker
Society
The Frozen Flame
Xanato Xan Kaso
Hi I am having difficulty determing whether or not I am making profit or if I am even calculating it correctly. Can someone take a look at my numbers and tell me if I am doing it right?

So in my spreadsheet i keep track of each run and then I tally all the results into a final figure.

Total Clicks
Total Qty Items Crafted.
Total Qty Material 1 Returned
Total Qty Material 2 Returned
"
Total Qty of Residue Returned.

After I have my totals I then do the following to determine % of TT returned.

Total TT Cost (TT cost per click x Total Clicks)
TT Returns of Item 1 (TT value of item x Total Return Qty)
TT Returns of Item 2
TT Returns of Item 3
"
TT value of Residue
------------------------
Total Value of TT returns

I then take Total TT Cost and subtract the Total TT Returns which then gives me my Total TT Profit/Loss and its % of Return.

Then to determine actual Profit/Loss

Total Cost = Total Clicks x Cost per Click with MU

Total Crafted Items Qty x TT x MU%
Total Return Qty of Item 1 x TT x MU%
Total Return Qty of Item 2 x TT x MU%
Total Return Qty of Item 3 x TT x MU%
"
Total Residue Returned x MU
-------------------------------------------
Total Value of Returned its with MU%

I then take the Total Cost w/ MU and subtract Total Returns w/ MU to get my Profit/Loss and %

Is this the correct way to do it? I have shown people my numbers and received conflicting answers as to whether or not I am calculating things correctly.

No one buys and u have to tt it all it'll all be loss...

If i bought the items at a certain markup value and i sell my crafted items for a certain value, does my method accurately track my profit/loss??

Are u crafting things, that need residue to get to full tt or just things that dont need residue to get full tt value?

I am crafting enhancers so I dont need the residue.

From what you wrote i think is correct, it's not rocket science.

Profit/loss = Return - Costs [in TT and MU].

To refine your sheet, I would add the TT/MU lose if you are using an L BP, because of course you are consuming it, and TT/MU gain if you use using not QR100 UL BP, when you increase the QR (some bps with high QR have big MU, so i would consider it).

As already wrote, if you use residue you have to do a bit complex calculation, but again, is not rocket science.

Gl with crafting!

It's not hard but you have to create a list of all resources that you would use. Some math is needed also. The best way to explain it is if I show you an example. Let's say that I craft Level 8 amps and I am using metal residue also.

First step is to create a list of all resources that you need. Then you need their each TT value. Something like this.

C0fKkrM.jpg

Next, you want to know their value with markup. After this step, you will see your total run cost with markup.
If you are using numbers with % in your sheet you can use this formula. =ROUND(B2*(B3);2) so =ROUND(TT value*(markup%);2). If not you probably already know it. =(TT value *(Markup/100)).

DRLGe5W.jpg

You can start with crafting at this stage but it's not over yet. After craft, you need to do the same with all resources that left. Get all their TT value and calculate their value with markup. This is the value that you will add to your TT value of the items you crafted.

R2XEWeE.jpg

Sum all resources that left you with items that you crafted, in this case, level 8 amps.

3qY9htI.jpg

Your total run cost with markup was 4230,79.
Resources that left after craft worth 1395,25 with markup.
I crafted level 8 amps in the total value of 2560ped. So at the end its (1395,25+2713,6) - 4230,79. Result in loss of 121,94peds.

This will give you good idea about your crafting runs. You can improve it by calculating average markup for each of your resources because you never buy resources for the same markup. Also you have to pay auction fee when you are selling your staff, I just lowered level 8 markup - 106% to achieve this.

Someone ought to make tool to track expenses in the game and not just from hunting there should be one for crafting aswel

I've been trying to use this part of the application for days, can anyone give an example of how to use it with explosives?

Back