I really love the "F" key but...

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I have to say that the F key function is pretty cool, 1 click to kill without interaction and 1 more to loot. However, it can be a little slow in a crowd. It seems as though there is no more running and gunning with a loot pill like before. I used to buy a loot pill, select auto fire and select next target and run and gun. Now auto fire stops when the mob is dead, that spells the end of run and gun and the end of buying loot pill because the F key achieves the same thing without the loot pill. Guess MA doesn't need the ped. If you know a way to get back to running and gunning please let me know.

TIA

BTW I can't see why MA would do this as all it does is slow down play and the two hours you used to play now much less shooting because

Last edited:
You use the loot pill like before, then it's just like before except you press F instead of the select next target key.

He means to say that at most times the f key loots the mob as well before switching to the next mob... when hunting normally and not in a big swarm of mobs the auto loot pill isn t really necessary

And what? We have options now, depending on kind of mob. Ones could be hunted with pills other works better with your finger and f key. What wrong with that?

For your problem:

1. Press Esc. Take looting pill.
2. Equip the weapon that you prefer and then press E in a sustained manner until the self-using is activated.
3. Press Alt so that with the cursor of mouse you can conduct movement of your avatar and then press R. (You are running, shooting and looting at same time)
4. Point to the mob that you prefer and kill it while you are running.

Last edited:
I discovered a drawback on this matter.. The cameraman is not doing what I want if I shoot upward (steelbirds). If there is grass at the ground, the cameraman digs into it and damages the [over]view. Also, in the old UI, I could look to the sides and behind me while shooting. To do this now, I have to HOLD middle mouse button, and it often ends up in me stopping to shoot, so I avoid doing it.

And what? We have options now, depending on kind of mob. Ones could be hunted with pills other works better with your finger and f key. What wrong with that?

For your problem:

2. Equip the weapon that you prefer and then press E in a sustained manner until the self-using is activated.
3. Press Alt so that with the cursor of mouse you can conduct movement of your avatar and then press R. (You are running, shooting and looting at same time)

Sure, and next time your car broke down and stop working:

1. Make a hole in the floor.
2. Take your seat, and put your feet on the road through the hole.
3. Walk by pushing the car. (or try running if you are in a hurry)
4. Turn the steering wheel in the direction you want to go.

Nice way to make sport while driving, and no pollution.. :wise:

Last edited:
You use the loot pill like before, then it's just like before except you press F instead of the select next target key.
Sorry, no. When the mob dies, Auto Use Tool cancels itself.

Sorry, no. When the mob dies, Auto Use Tool cancels itself.

just did a test with an autoloot pet, and you are right. Tried using F and select next and neither work the way old autotool and select next did. Mindark if you are reading this, PLEASE PUT IT BACK THE WAY THAT YOU USED TO HAVE IT. YOU JUST RENDERED MY ORATAN AXE'S 45 METER AUTOLOOT PASSIVE COMPLETELY USELESS! Thanks.

Support ticket sent, not that it'll do any good?

When autotool existed, you had a three button combo you could use to hunt...

select next->autotool->loot

When that existed, if you had autoloot passive turned on via pet or pill you could condense it down to one button. You just had to tap select next quick key and the system did the rest since it'd go after next mob, kill it, loot for you, and then be ready for you to hit select next again.

The new system broke that since it 'stops' everything after that first mob is killed and looted.

I still have select next in quick keys from before but now all that does is look at next mob basically.... has nothing to do with auto anything as that 'interact' quick key F does now...

so the new system BROKE THE WAY AUTOLOOT SHOULD WORK! FIX IT PLEASE!

When you fix it, please make it work as before where radar determined next mob to 'select' not next mob in avatar's line of sight, next mob as in next closest mob near the avatar even if it was out of sight and behind the avatar... i.e. make this Oratan Axe's 45 meter range actually have some meaning and usefulness again please. Thanks.

Last edited:
just did a test with an autoloot pet, and you are right. Tried using F and select next and neither work the way old autotool and select next did. Mindark if you are reading this, PLEASE PUT IT BACK THE WAY THAT YOU USED TO HAVE IT. YOU JUST RENDERED MY ORATAN AXE'S 45 METER AUTOLOOT PASSIVE COMPLETELY USELESS! Thanks.

Support ticket sent, not that it'll do any good?

When autotool existed, you had a three button combo you could use to hunt...

select next->autotool->loot

When that existed, if you had autoloot passive turned on via pet or pill you could condense it down to one button. You just had to tap select next quick key and the system did the rest since it'd go after next mob, kill it, loot for you, and then be ready for you to hit select next again.

The new system broke that since it 'stops' everything after that first mob is killed and looted.

I still have select next in quick keys from before but now all that does is look at next mob basically.... has nothing to do with auto anything as that 'interact' quick key F does now...

so the new system BROKE THE WAY AUTOLOOT SHOULD WORK! FIX IT PLEASE!

When you fix it, please make it work as before where radar determined next mob to 'select' not next mob in avatar's line of sight, next mob as in next closest mob near the avatar even if it was out of sight and behind the avatar... i.e. make this Oratan Axe's 45 meter range actually have some meaning and usefulness again please. Thanfcks.

A couple of things, you can change the selection of mob in options so it selects any mob.and that is under game play in options.

You forgot to mention when using the old way, select next target, as you turn it would focus on any target kill it and keep going until it got to the selected target. I have got as many as 6 or 7 by the time the gun reached the selected target:) Ofc sometimes it would try to run across the screen if it found a new target:)

For your problem:

Way too much work:) Just hope MA puts i back the way it was,BUT, if we have to change it all then I would sacrifice that for the new way. I think it is better in enough ways that I would rather keep the new than lose it. IMO.

One more thing I found out this morning (morning for me anyway) I was looking at my professions while hunting and was using cursor mode while hunting, I noticed I had 7 or 8 dead mobs piled up, I went to aim mode and the F key picked them all up. The F key acted like a loot pill. Not sure that is a big deal but it was kind of nice not to have to F key each one of them.

Sure, and next time your car broke down and stop working:

1. Make a hole in the floor.
2. Take your seat, and put your feet on the road through the hole.
3. Walk by pushing the car. (or try running if you are in a hurry)
4. Turn the steering wheel in the direction you want to go.

Nice way to make sport while driving, and no pollution.. :wise:

Yes, if it was good for the original Fred Flintstone, Why you can not? :laugh: :laugh:

Way too much work:) Just hope MA puts i back the way it was,BUT, if we have to change it all then I would sacrifice that for the new way. I think it is better in enough ways that I would rather keep the new than lose it. IMO.

As days and weeks pass, all that remains is to adapt to the new form. because every new day there will be more people who have already adapted. and those who claim for old way will be an absolute minority. I believe, things have already been done, like it or not. sorry friend.

As days and weeks pass, all that remains is to adapt to the new form. because every new day there will be more people who have already adapted. and those who claim for old way will be an absolute minority. I believe, things have already been done, like it or not. sorry friend.

Auto-loot + Next target is still supposed to works actually..
And it's broken.

But obviously you don't know what we are talking about here, or you just don't use it and so don't care about it.
So why give your opinion ?

If you want to adapt forever whith something broken, like the example of the car, do it.
But I'd rather repair what is broken..

Fuck it, I'm done trying to help the helpless.

Auto-loot + Next target is still supposed to works actually..
And it's broken.

But obviously you don't know what we are talking about here, or you just don't use it and so don't care about it.
So why give your opinion ?

If you want to adapt forever whith something broken, like the example of the car, do it.
But I'd rather repair what is broken..

I agree it is broken and I hope it gets fixed but as I said I can live with the new. I still wish they would rollback the last patch so every time I kill a small mob I don't have the sight at my butt as it gets closer.

I should add, I had serious problems killing the pyromancer chalte yesterday with this new UI. I had to give it up.
My gun doesn't have range enough, so I could not use F for this, and using the "use tool" button caused some mess when I got close to some other mob down the stairs. You simply cannot afford a single slip when doing the pyro.

Fuck it, I'm done trying to help the helpless.

First it was not intended for you.

Secondly, you don't want to help, but just show how you know everything..
Sadly you were totally wrong again, and your answer was definitely off-topic.

When you press F to switch to next target whith an auto-loot ON, the action is used as "loot creature" anyway.
That is the problem here.
Obviously you didn't understand it..

Again you can read point 3 here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-2-what-next-(Feedback)&p=3697934#post3697934

And maybe you should stop to Fuck everything around.. :rolleyes:

He means to say that at most times the f key loots the mob as well before switching to the next mob... when hunting normally and not in a big swarm of mobs the auto loot pill isn t really necessary

Yeah, people could play with lower cost now. And what is the "problem"?

I should add, I had serious problems killing the pyromancer chalte yesterday with this new UI. I had to give it up.
My gun doesn't have range enough, so I could not use F for this, and using the "use tool" button caused some mess when I got close to some other mob down the stairs. You simply cannot afford a single slip when doing the pyro.

I think there is an option in either gameplay or camera were you can set the strength of lock target. It was my understanding that if you set it to full you can't hardly get off the target no matter what until it is dead. If I am wrong I am sure there are others that will correct me. I have not used the full lock myself.

Back