Is the new camera system really like other games?

I think when you go to MA's Website you will see what they intend to do and from where they copied their Camera, Interaction code:

MindArk's Offer

Entropia Universe
Entropia Platform
Business VR solution

Seams like we not only paid for compet etc. now we pay their development of Business VR solution....

Very interesting! Thankyou. Probably you are ok.

https://www.mindark.com

This could not to be related with an inexistent "standard" of the "modern" games, but strongly related with a new adventure from MA management that all we have to pay...

If you have your refiner assigned to a key, you just press that key twice. (same as before)

On a plus side, you can now equip and operate refiner while having auction and/or storage open. (before VU16, you had to remember to equip and activate the refiner first)

Ahhhh :) Thank you, i have not yet assigned it a key.

Rgds

Ace

I think when you go to MA's Website you will see what they intend to do and from where they copied their Camera, Interaction code:

MindArk's Offer

Entropia Universe
Entropia Platform
Business VR solution

Seems* like we not only paid for compet etc. now we pay their development of Business VR solution....

Business VR failed a long time ago. It was the same company as Compet.

Next you'll be worried that it has something to do with MA's partenership with NASA.

And yes, you pay for everything MA does - they only have one source of income.

You've been gone for a while so you missed the "Business VR" nonsense.

Business VR failed a long time ago. It was the same company as Compet.

Next you'll be worried that it has something to do with MA's partenership with NASA.

And yes, you pay for everything MA does - they only have one source of income.

You've been gone for a while so you missed the "Business VR" nonsense.

mmm.. so means they do not have the money or ability to update their own website?

See for yourself:

www.mindark.com

Elder Scrolls Online. Popular game with a camera that, to me, looks very much like the one recently implemented here.

In all seriousness, I think the ones that miss the most the move-with-cursor-click are those that were botting for fruits. Next thing you know, MA notices the fruit collecting dropped significantly, since botting for fruits is no longer possible and then they make it MUCH easier to collect. Wait... they already did that :tongue2:

I don't think so.

MA increased the speed of fruits spawn whith 16.0, because the zoom-out max has been significantly reduced at this time.

After that, people (me included) complained and asked for an increase of zoom-out max.
MA did it, and they probably forgot to change again the speed of fruit spawn.

And anyway, who care about fruits boting ?
Not even sure some people do that.. It would cost more for electricity bill than the money from fruits.. :rolleyes:

About topic, I think the question is not to know if this camera system exist in others games.
But more to know if it fits whith THIS game.

My answer is NO.

But MA know so much better what is good for the game..

For the better since all these new stuff + bad return finally cured my addiction, so I feel happy to leave the game now.. :wtg:

mmm.. so means they do not have the money or ability to update their own website?

See for yourself:

www.mindark.com

Click on the links and read. Last word was late 2017. The only people who were "using" the fantastic app were MA and the developer of it.

Also a link on that page to 'Visit the President of Virtual Reality' - another debacle. That idiocy was so pathetic it actually went full circle and made people feel sorry for Mindark.

That idiocy was so pathetic it actually went full circle and made people feel sorry for Mindark.

That's really what it feels now for them.. :(

after all these post's I realize there was a huge threat for this platform and finally we are saved by MA!

fruit botters :yay:

now I can leave in peace
no other posts from me here thank you and bye - bye
:)

About topic, I think the question is not to know if this camera system exist in others games.
But more to know if it fits whith THIS game.

My answer is NO.

But MA know so much better what is good for the game..

But wasn't it about making the game attractive to new players as it should be similar to other games? I thought that was the whole point?

I still don't see a resounding yes, to like other games?!?

Rgds

Ace

Certainly not the games I play.

Other games use Right or Middle mouse to move the camera, some even use arrow keys

They all allow you to look around for your next target (or an escape route) independent of combat.

Some auto-stop when the mob is dead which is done in a nice way.

Different keys for loot vs attack, most also offer right click for loot.

and NUMBER ONE, NONE enforce a roller coaster ride for every mob you kill.

Ill chime in here. FACT! The most succesful games and THE most sucessful game "WOW" updates and changes everything drastically yearly. Have to keep things interesting and up with the times. They do it forcefully and the people love them for it. Of course not initially but once they get i to it.
I quit WoW half a decade ago because of degradation from bad updates. It was ok til Activision Hasbro acquired it, but then not really so ok any more.

Weakest argument of all times.

f40eb4dbff38092a2793841e1ee12d19.jpg

This one also worked fine for many decades yet it still got replaced. WHILE WORKING!!!!

This one also still works, js

You are not forced by the telephone company to replace your home device though. My late grandmother still owned a rotary phone 2 years ago. This obsession with "upgrading" stuff that still perfectly works is how we turned our planet into a garbage dump and running out of resources.
I could not agree more, and I see the same is so true of Calypso. Innovation is good, but some degree of taste is even better.

I quit WoW half a decade ago because of degradation from bad updates. It was ok til Activision Hasbro acquired it, but then not really so ok any more.

for you.. the other 10billion are still there soaking it up :) And im not sure what to say.. if you cant see the communication improvements since that phone well.. ill just leave it at that.. help isn't possible =p

In all seriousness, is the new camera system like other games? Especially MMO?

No one has actually answered this yet.

I am old school and playing new games fills me with dread.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: Moderators - Off topic discussion is fine!
It's not much like any other games I've played, but some things about it feel like a very poor attempt at imitating World of Tanks' "Blitz" spinoff's controls for play on a phone.

for you.. the other 10billion are still there soaking it up :) And im not sure what to say.. if you cant see the communication improvements since that phone well.. ill just leave it at that.. help isn't possible =p
The thing is, phones got improved. EU didn't. It got worse when it was supposed to improve - in other words, someone in Gothenburg is intensely maladaptive. By offering all this feedback, we players are doing that person the courtesy of some small effort to wake them up and help them adapt more effectively. The reward in it is our potential future decay.

Good luck getting someone like Hasbro to hear such intelligent feedback. MA on the other hand is small enough there's hope.

Im pretty sure if u hand your iPhone XR whatever to my grandfather hell say "wtf is this? gimmie a regular phone! they worked just fine" And you need to stop and realize just for a moment.. these changes aren't for you! Theyre more for those that aren't playing yet but could be! Once theyre done you may find your decay not as bad as you think :)

Im pretty sure if u hand your iPhone XR whatever to my grandfather hell say "wtf is this? gimmie a regular phone! they worked just fine" And you need to stop and realize just for a moment.. these changes aren't for you! Theyre more for those that aren't playing yet but could be! Once theyre done you may find your decay not as bad as you think :)

ok let 'em pay MA's bills then ;) We can go in peace!

PS. I'm sorry but can't resist to answer this challenged comment

.. if you cant see the communication improvements since that phone well.. ill just leave it at that.. help isn't possible =p

Well, the sound quality has gone down compared to the days of those phones. Warmth of tone is lacking now, but who needs atmosphere in an immersive environment, right?
Also, we used to remember phone numbers in our heads, yes, in our heads!
Maybe I'm the only one left from a certain time and place on the planet, but I still know what the number 01-811-8055 was! Crazy, right?
There was interaction with our brains when we wanted to communicate back then. Ok, with land lines it wasn't always possible to reach who you wanted to call, but that meant you had to be more conscious of when to try and call etc. Some communication was like a little ritual at a certain time of day - and some activities in EU are reminiscent of that - but becoming less enjoyable as they become less smooth.
...I'll just leave it at that... ;)

Weakest argument of all times.

f40eb4dbff38092a2793841e1ee12d19.jpg

This one also worked fine for many decades yet it still got replaced. WHILE WORKING!!!!

Dear Participants, the mindark board is continuously replacing older systems with innovative and pleasant upgrades that enhance everyones game expirience to better your expirience within entropia universe. As you can see in the picutre above this text, our old camera system is oldfashioned, too complicated and outdated. We tweaked it so it requires minimum user input to work and we removed all parts our beloved participants could fail to understand how to use properly. We proudly present you our new camera system.

cord_phone.jpg

Back