This Japanese Girl keeps talking to me

Ranavolana

Old Alpha
Society
Team Varyag
Louise Ranavolana Brooks
It was starting to get me down - every time I posted in chat a young Japanese chick seemed 2 be asking me a question. (or something)
Realised that it was me (my Avatar) was turning Japanese (or maybe Chinese).

Am I the only person here who did not realise that ticking box in Options - enable Avatar chat - does this :(

Actually I don't mind it now & have left box ticked

Are you talking about avatar talking while you write in chat? The language you are hearing is Entropian. This goes way back to Project Entropia were this option was enabled by default and I dont think you could disable it. I am glad they did not remove it, it reminds me of PE.

Check clip below, at 06:53 there are bunch of avatars speaking all around Port Atlantis :)

I am glad they did not remove it, it reminds me of PE.

It was gone with VU10 and only recently added back, but since now you can disable it and most do just that, there is no immersive value in it anymore.

It was gone with VU10 and only recently added back, but since now you can disable it and most do just that, there is no immersive value in it anymore.

I strongly disagree, Anything that reminds me of PE will be switched on.

...there is no immersive value in it anymore.

Is it not?

On the contrary. The chit chatter noises were an integral part of the social aspect of the game!
You know, from the times that entropia had bustling places where your heard the chit chat noises everywhere around you.

Now, it's just to quiet.

I find it cute that you thought it sounded japanese ;)

Ditto!

Ahh thanks I had wondered where that went.

I agree with spawn that buttons getting checked when I get back from work.

Are you talking about avatar talking while you write in chat? The language you are hearing is Entropian. This goes way back to Project Entropia were this option was enabled by default and I dont think you could disable it. I am glad they did not remove it, it reminds me of PE.

Check clip below, at 06:53 there are bunch of avatars speaking all around Port Atlantis :)

Oh. My. God. The nostalgia is kicking in! Someone tell that onion cutting ninja to stop! Its making my eyes tear up :(

No Japanese and no Chinese neither.

Disagree. I was very happy to see it as an option and does let you know when avatars you are nearby are chatting. Just makes the game seem more alive and nostalgic.

Disagree. I like being able to switch my immersion on and off to whim, you know, like logging out. I'm glad to hear no knee nah gnu knew in town again!

I find it cute that you thought it sounded japanese ;)

Ditto!

I agree, it is cute. I had recently asked a game streamer what that was in background, to me it sounded like a avatar emote being played over and over. :yup:

That video made me super nostalgic, I REALLY miss that game... :(:(

Just had to post this, garbage from one of the shadows that love to follow me around & neg rep on every post I make

03-20-2019 21:07
Dragoon
Thread: This Japanese Girl keeps talking to me
How disgustingly racist of you. Just because you don't understand certain "noises" you should not assume that you are hearing the Japanese or Chinese language. Their languages and cultures are very different so please don't be so ignorant in future.

For what its worth Dragoon, I actually like the sound, I assumed it was Japanese because it sounded like it was. I had no idea that it was Entropian until I read the posts by others.
I have left the option on because I enjoy hearing my avatar speak in such pleasant tones.

Now how about if you have any problems with me. have the backbone to be public in your comments - I certainly wont run crying to the moderators like you do

BTW killed any more noobs in PvP lately?

Just had to post this, garbage from one of the shadows that love to follow me around & neg rep on every post I make

Dragoon
How disgustingly racist of you. Just because you don't understand certain "noises" you should not assume that you are hearing the Japanese or Chinese language. Their languages and cultures are very different so please don't be so ignorant in future.

For what its worth Dragoon, I actually like the sound, I assumed it was Japanese because it sounded like it was. I had no idea that it was Entropian until I read the posts by others.
I have left the option on because I enjoy hearing my avatar speak in such pleasant tones.

Now how about if you have any problems with me. have the backbone to be public in your comments - I certainly wont run crying to the moderators like you do

Yeah, it's a worldwide trend. Everybody feels insulted by everyone. Even the most innocent things can incite a civil war nowadays.

So, saying you hear a Japanese voice makes you a racist.

So sad...

Yeah, it's a worldwide trend. Everybody feels insulted by everyone. Even the most innocent things can incite a civil war nowadays.

So, saying you hear a Japanese voice makes you a racist.

So sad...

It happen sadly often here in that forum. Some one just say what he find bad, and then the fan boys start to write hate post. Or some one have a creative idea, also if the idea is maybe bad, but there is no need to start hating. Just some ppl doing that all the time. Seems this is the main hobby here.

I strongly think a forum is here to discuss things, also the things we dont find cool, or even crazy ideas. The forum should not be a fight ring. Just my 2 pecs.

I don't care either way but if I never hear some ass hole saying "All-right" over and over and over it will be too soon. That was from the 60s and it was wore out many years ago and I can not imagine why it is even in emote.

Dragoon

F dragon and the horse he rode in on. That is called projection. He see racism in every thing because he is a racist and a bigot pure and simple.

F dragon and the horse he rode in on. That is called projection. He see racism in every thing because he is a racist and a bigot pure and simple.

Eh, to be honest the original post made me somewhat uncomfortable. Not because of any intentional malicious intent of the original poster, but just the general, why did you state the assumption that it sounded like a particular language? I can assure you the in game chit chat sounds like neither, and chinese and japanese are very different languages.

So it kind of ties into the stereotype of how a certain language sounds exotic/like gibberish...

Or more in line with the game, saying it sounds like some foreign space language/dialect would have been more appropriate.

Nothing personal, just wanted to let you know why it would make me uncomfortable.

A couple of things Jhereg.
If the person had replied like you did things would be cool. And I would have replied by reassuring or apologising (depending). But he did not, it was a sneaky private comment accompanied by a neg rep.

It was the comment that actually hurt me, stuff his neg reps, he does it all the time to me those I could not care less.

I guess I could have run to the moderators and moaned about it - but I don't do that sort of stuff.

The other thing is why did you feel uncomfortable? In no way was I insulting or denigrating Japanese (or Chinese - on reflection the language spoken certainly does not sound like Chinese, I don't know why I said that).

The phrases certainly did not sound like any European language. And from my experience it did sound like Japanese - believe it or not I have actually met and spoken to Japanese people - it did to my ears sound Japanese.

Now if anything that should have struck you as hilarious, not made you uncomfortable.

One very positive thing about internet games is that there is the opportunity to interact with people from all over the world - I greatly enjoy it.

Finally, if you think I was somehow expressing supremist views or something like that - well I will offer this quote from "The Adventures of Barry McKenzie"
"Being born Australian, its like winning first prize in the lottery of life" ( excellent film 50% of Australians who watch it hate it, the rest cannot stop laughing :) )

I had to resist posting this for weeks. I failed today.

Thread is starting to turn hostile / racist so I think it might be time for a :locked:

Damn straight! I love that they brought that back!

Doh dohh dooh dooh,.. dee dee dee?

Eh, to be honest the original post made me somewhat uncomfortable. Not because of any intentional malicious intent of the original poster, but just the general, why did you state the assumption that it sounded like a particular language? I can assure you the in game chit chat sounds like neither, and chinese and japanese are very different languages.

So it kind of ties into the stereotype of how a certain language sounds exotic/like gibberish...

Or more in line with the game, saying it sounds like some foreign space language/dialect would have been more appropriate.

Nothing personal, just wanted to let you know why it would make me uncomfortable.

Your kidding right, if I were on Asian forum and someone said "I saw a video last night and I couldn't understand it but it sounded like English" do you think I would uncomfortable ? I am sorry that just seems silly to me.

Finally, if you think I was somehow expressing supremist views or something like that - well I will offer this quote from "The Adventures of Barry McKenzie"
"Being born Australian, its like winning first prize in the lottery of life" ( excellent film 50% of Australians who watch it hate it, the rest cannot stop laughing :) )

I work with and was best friends with a German who migrated to the US and has permanent resident status. I read an article that said the top rated show in Germany was "Hogans Heros" because of the dumb guard Schultzie. I asked him about that because show made him, a German, look like an idiot. He started laughing and must have went on for 15 minutes about his favorite scenes from the show. The Germans love that show for real.

I leave you with this, " I know nothing!! "

Last edited:
Some people pay good money for Japanese girls to talk to them:laugh:

Mi ni nok me

I just recently turned it on. I really like the chatter..its kinda funny hearing it most of the time.

Back