Suggestion: Stop the skill devaluation

Is that an overly complicated way of asking me if I'm guessing on how skills could be worth more? Which this thread is entirely about now?

yes.

Tho some skills are free now so any price is an increase. But yes the point I made was that I speculate the price would go up and I asked why people think it would not.

Is that an overly complicated way of asking me if I'm guessing on how skills could be worth more? Which this thread is entirely about now?

yes.

Tho some skills are free now so any price is an increase. But yes the point I made was that I speculate the price would go up and I asked why people think it would not.

People are currently giving away skills. If ESI was in the TT, people would buy chip out and re-TT the skill, as they currently do for other players now.

(I would personally do this to stay in cat9 if ESI were in TT)

I would buy your skills at 101% then. Then the next guy comes and offers 105% cuz he wants to resell to someone. but I would go as high as 200% for most common skills.
And thats just cuz I still want some more and am too lazy to seriously grind. I would pay much more for say melee skills, just not 1500%.

Thats just my theory. But also if you rly were to tt the skill, then we would have fewer skills in the game and that would also stop/slow down the skil devaluation.

I think that just makes a lot of sense. You being able to tt skills doesnt feel like it would devalue skills, does it?

Regards
Thark

PS:
I do understand the argument that ESI are a big part of the hunting loot MU. tho I dont often loot any so I selfishly want cheaper skill prices. Cant judge how that would effect the big gamblers and MAs bottom line.

Devaluating skills is very good move by MA. It will make even harder to leave the game, since your 500k skills are not worth anything and you rather keep playing, make use of it.

They need the whales and they need to make it super complicated to chip out and leave. If it wasn't complicated enough before, making skills cost 0 PED made it even better for MA :)

You're straight on point here.

It used to be a "Classic" Game about developing one's avatar to become bigger and more powerfull, so that you can participate in bigger and bigger things (Beacon missions, Landgrab, PVP).

It will be hard to turn this beast around to make it walk the right direction, its more complicated than ever to peice the peices together now. I wish MA good luck with that and i hope & Wish any players come out of EU whenever they choose to, without too much of a loss.

I will continue to remember the good times of EU (PE). We need something like Project 1999 (Everquest). Just dreaming here :p

When I started playing this game, many many years ago, they whole concept was to gain more skills to become a better player, which in turn allowed you to hunt better mobs, which in turn allowed you the chance to loot better items.

That whole concept has long gone, by some poorly made decisions by people sitting in offices, who have lost touch with the game.

I do understand some of the reasoning of implementing Limited items into the game to help reduce loses for newer players, as new players usually invest a few hundred dollars and then leave if they don't think the game is value for money, but with the introduction of big limited guns, limited armor, big protection armor plates, all it has done is to devalue the whole concept with the skills.

Surely the powers that be at MA must have had the foresight to see this would happen?

The event system was introduced with I believe good honest intentions, to give more players the opportunity of taking part and winning, but once again, I feel MA did not think it through properly and what the implications would be by making 10 individual categories. Players are always looking for an edge, some way of trying to beat the system, and by capping the categories it has created a situation that has devalued the skills, as players look at what categories gives them the best chance of winning.

This will not stop until the event system is overhauled, by someone who has game knowledge and is streetwise enough to be able to foresee all the consequences that could happen.

It is fast becoming a game of lower year round activity with people just logging into events...…

Maybe L items should have a ceiling level, you can only use them upto level 10 or level 20? This would get the game back on track, where you need skills to use UL items, and old crafters can get back to manufacturing UL items?

If they wanted to leave the current 10 categories for events in place, why don't the just cap the amount of times you take part in a category? So for example, for cat 2, you can take part 2 times, then you would need to take part in cat 3 the next time? Wouldn't this help get the game back on track where skills mean something?

Maybe

yes !

I fully agree that the current event category system is ruining a certain part of the game.

A secondary problem of the current event system is that people who wish to participate, but are high level, and use lower gear (such as myself), cannot compete. 1 - in their category there is only prizes for the top10, 2 - they are excluded from lower categories.

For that I have presented a fair solution for everyone before:

Here is how an event could work:
- Keep the categories and danger levels as they are right now
- Keep the score you made in your category
- Multiply everyones score, by the category number to get everyones final score.. (for instance, 9500 points, cat10, 95000 points
pointscategoryfinal points
player 112 50010125 000
player 29 5001095 000
player 313 0009117 000
player 49 200982 800
player 512 000896 000
player 67 500860 000
player 73 200722 400
player 81 25878 806
player 912 000336 000
player 109 575219 150

- Make 1 list of all participants, from high final to low final score
- Divide the prizes proportionally

pointscatfinal points100 000 mtokens
player 112 50010125 00018 878
player 313 0009117 00017 670
player 512 000896 00014 498
player 29 5001095 00014 347
player 49 200982 80012 505
player 67 500860 0009 061
player 912 000336 0005 437
player 73 200722 4003 383
player 109 575219 1502 892
player 81 25878 8061 330

Everyone can have some fun, and get some prizes, not just the top10!
MA can still add prizes for the best of each category on top of that, such as mayhem faps and all kinds of stuff.
I've been suggesting this for years...

Currently mayhem is not rewarding towards grow in the game, rather then figuring out the perfect setup, not to do as good as possible, but do get into noob categories and steal their prizes.

- 1 Result list, for all of the participants of the mayhem event!
This makes REAL progress towards the top possible
This makes EVERYONE be able to participate for some prize money
This makes EVERYONE get some prize, and is motivating, instead of the current system if you fall off the top 10, many people choose to not compete at all.

Last edited:
Back