PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Cunning Haruto Rat
    Society
    fode et fuge
    Images
    Or some cool-looking but impractical swag that can be bought by giving up skills. For example a cool hat (not tradable) that you can acquire for 100 PED worth of Handgun.
    There are many ways to skin a cat but just one way to boil a frog.

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Snake Slither Hellfire
    Society
    Dark Templar
    Images
    I skilled for years to use maddox IV & ML-35, then they turn them into SIB weapons

Always Buying Rugaritz, PM me if you have any amount for sale

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Granny Rowan Render
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    I am sure many will argue with me, but imo skills have become devalued because of all the buffs MA introduced. People now skill more than ever, according to the size of their ped card. High value rings, high tier pets, and a constant flow of pills that puts the average pharmacy to shame.

That said MA also needs to realise that the game is no longer new, our skills have in many cases outstripped the in game challenges, or at least narrowed to give little choice for progress. We need higher level mobs for those that still wish to grind, some more interesting and challenging mission chains, (possibly with entry level requirements)
    Year on year we have seen MA change the game to make it more attractive to newcomers, to encourage new player retention (keyboard setting BS for instance). Yet they seem willing to ignore even discourage the experienced player

The older player may not be in that first flush of fast depo, but they sure as hell have a lot invested in game in skills as well as gear, properties etc If a new player leaves MA loses almost nothing, if an old hand quits they stand to lose thousands. Do the Math MA, show your most faithful customers respect and give us reasons to stay should we ever become 'uber'.

Oh and btw can we have space skills that mean something in real terms ..anything..anything at all...
    and while you are about it can we have a skill curve similar to say hunting. At level 75-80 my hunt skills still rise noticeably week on week, by level 40 captaincy it is near impossible to skill in any meaningful time frame and at level 50 2 hours solid piloting for a repair skill run gains me maybe 0.02% of a level, if I hunt at same time I may increase that to 0.03%, at this rate I may see the next level in say 10k hours.. OMG I better hope I can come back in the afterlife and still play...how is that deemed reasonable ?
    yet my captaincy does increase..slowly but surely.. how? from side skilling from planet hunting Go Figure !!

As for the events if they want to stop chipping out (though I doubt they do) easy, entry level is your average for last 3/6/12 months in the specified skill (average to be shown on skill chart so we can monitor progress). Boy can you imagine the screams? Personally I think the solution is simpler, instead of three or four categories make it 6 or 8, so the skill range for each is narrower and therefore the lower end players are less disadvantaged, thereby reducing the need to chip down a level

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkaruki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think new high level content that involves level-gated areas need to be introduced. I'd like to see this type of content released in the future.
    I like this idea. There are many things they could do.
    Xen Shop Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween and Christmas Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

Elite
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    NoBion Nob Andersen
    Society
    Silly Underground Family
    Images
    Many people here have been in EU through the same period as me, i started late 2003. I never became uber skilled, i dislike grinding too much to ever hardcore hunting in EU, but i did enjoy PVP and social aspect a lot, mixed with a bit of hunting/mining now and then.

What i have experienced like everyone else is the fact, that Entropia Universe unfortunatly is nothing else today, than a pretty interface for random number generation and maximum grinding. The game is all over the place when it comes to its art and design. It used to be strange and "alien", at that time we only had calypso, and while it was not big, it had character, and tons of it. The gear you managed to obtain or buy was YOURS, nothing was limited, if you had obtained a item through saving and hard work, you really did manage to own something everyone else had to work for to equally posses.

Through the process of new graphic engines, new planets and total overhaul, the game turned away from its core strengths which was immersion of being on a hostile, strange planet with most often an ambition to reach the status and level of the ubers you saw in town.

The world of Entropia today is artisticly a big miss or hit, but ultimo i think that there's very few areas that come close to immerse like the PE days, also combat have become worse, with a focus on eating pills owning pet/rings to get a invisible buff, the combat is as lazy as ever, everything is more automated than its ever been. and people are now avoiding like the plague to become skilled and "uber" because the game only have 1 goal anymore, that is to prepare your avatar for event participation, there's no adventure back because Mindark lost focus many years ago.

Entropia started out to be a innovative real economy adventure, where people seek fame and fortune, to be the best and most skilled, to own a grand armor and gun, in a world that was mysterious and strange. dang, you even had to aim yourself if you wanted to make dmg!

Today its just a grindy sit & wait for events game. And dont grind too much, you might end up with skills you dreamed to get when the game was truly something.

I hope my whining is tolerable

See my youtube profile for EU videos
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypkT...i7uOQ&index=19
    (Click my profile at this video for more!)

Check out my Entropia style music tracks here: (Might have to scroll down a little)
    https://soundcloud.com/nobion-nobion/tracks

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Xavier Jr Riquelme
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It seems to me that before, when an avatar did not enter for a long time and was expelled, Mindark paid to player owner of that avatar for the tt value of his things and skills. But now Mindark does not recognize the tt value of the skills. Then the only way to revalue skills would be to sell ESI to tt value trough TT machines. Thats could permit a real commerce of skills and arise their value.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Stanley Miles Stardust
    Society
    Al-Nahar Wanderers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I personally like being able to skill more easily. As a long time player who started after the big skill nerf, and at the birth of (L), skilling was painfully slow on my modest budget. Now, between mission rewards, some pills, and the current loot setup, I am able to make significant progress, which benefits me directly.

The uber avatars from when I started are still as out-of-reach as they ever were, while I'm now hunting mobs that used to be for high level players. That's progress for me, and for them. I see other avatars speed past me, with more time and money than I have, and that is also cool.

The reason skills are devalued is they represent the main asset of most avatars - so if a player wants to get something back when they quit, or monetize their play, skills are about the only value. With a game as old as this one, the 10% loss on extraction is not the biggest drain, but the skills left on abandoned avatars. It is too easy to sell skills as small quantities, while too hard to sell the massive amount avatars have accumulated over the years.

I think the cost to chip out skills should be higher, to make that less a focus of play, but formalize bulk skill transfers (not full Avatar transfers) so retiring players can more easily get some payback, while ambitious newcomers can more easily boost their avatars.

You could say that would make it easier for players to quit, but I'd argue that keeping unhappy players lingering while they try to chip out does more harm that good.

Peace, Miles
    "The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.”
    Albert Bartlett

Quote Originally Posted by fred5283 View Post
    Higher the level, higher the tt return and items with mu
    That may fix things
    bad idea...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Norian Norian Xx
    Society
    Guess Who??
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    bad idea...
    Why?

What’s your idea?

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Xanato Xan Kaso
    Society
    The Frozen Flame
    Images
    How many of you players with tons of bulk common skills would gladly just TT a majority of it and forgo extracting with an esi and reselling? I have looked at the math of the common skills such as rifles, pistols, blp/laser tech, etc. and after accounting for cost of ESI and the 10% removal cost, you are basically getting 100-150% for the skill or sometimes even less. ESI's are a very convoluted way to sell something that is already yours to sell. Its a very expensive barrier to exit the game, and was probably designed this way to prevent players from selling their skills to give them a reason to return after they quit. How many people have quit the game but didnt sell their skills only to return a year later? How many of those players do you think would have returned if they were able to completely cash out skills and all and have nothing left to return to?

At the end of the day Mindark doesn't want you selling your skills.

But just to restate my question so its easy to read and not hidden in a wall of text, How many of you players with tons of bulk common skills would gladly just TT a majority of it and forgo extracting with an esi and reselling?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast