PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanato Xan Kaso View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many of you players with tons of bulk common skills would gladly just TT a majority of it and forgo extracting with an esi and reselling? I have looked at the math of the common skills such as rifles, pistols, blp/laser tech, etc. and after accounting for cost of ESI and the 10% removal cost, you are basically getting 100-150% for the skill or sometimes even less. ESI's are a very convoluted way to sell something that is already yours to sell. Its a very expensive barrier to exit the game, and was probably designed this way to prevent players from selling their skills to give them a reason to return after they quit. How many people have quit the game but didnt sell their skills only to return a year later? How many of those players do you think would have returned if they were able to completely cash out skills and all and have nothing left to return to?

At the end of the day Mindark doesn't want you selling your skills.

But just to restate my question so its easy to read and not hidden in a wall of text, How many of you players with tons of bulk common skills would gladly just TT a majority of it and forgo extracting with an esi and reselling?
    Are you suggesting we should be able to tt skills? If so, I would say no. The point of this thread is to make skill gain more valuable, not make it easier for players to stay in a certain category because they have a dominant weapon.
    Xen Shop Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween and Christmas Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fred5283 View Post
    Higher the level, higher the tt return and items with mu
    That may fix things
    We already have that!

High Looter skills, higher TT return

Higher Level mobs, higher chance to loot ESIs (MU)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkaruki View Post
    I think new high level content that involves level-gated areas need to be introduced. I'd like to see this type of content released in the future.
    Level gate areas would be nice, but thats not all.

I would like to see is gear with higher level requirements past LVL100 up to LVL300 or even more.
    It should be easy for MA to check what is highest levels players ingame, and then design some special event reward weapons for cat 10 players that fits to their levels.
    On top of that it would be nice to see Cats overworked.
    Cat 10 should be somewhere around LVL150+, Cat 9 would fill the LVL100-150 area and then the lower levels adjusted.
    Its a simple balancing thing.

Well some people would still chip out to stay in a lower cat, but there would be more reason to keep skills to be able to use the higher level gear and the chance to fight for that.

Quote Originally Posted by jambon View Post
    It's supply and demand... The more players that come and go into eu the more skills are there to be sold.

The only way skills are ever destroyed is in the small fee when chipping out.

Imo the problem here is actuslly two things... 1 is ESIx and their markup. 2 is the lack of ability to mass sell common skills without ESIs
    Well more ESIs would devalue to ESIs itselfs and therfor devalue the skills too.

An optiion to mass sell skills without ESI would also devalue the skills even more.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    I think new high level content that involves level-gated areas need to be introduced. I'd like to see this type of content released in the future.
    Yes, I would also like to see that type of content.

I created a thread recently where I proposed the introduction of Raid instances (Group PvE aka Raids)

In there I briefly mentioned (see point #2) that 'botting' could effectively be defeated by giving skill rewards to the Raiders after successfully completing a Raid, which would be level-gated, like you proposed. What I didn't say, is that once this was implemented, Iron missions could be removed or drastically reduced, Raids becoming the main source of bonus skills in game.

Right now, skilling buffs and Iron Mission rewards is flooding the game with hunting skills and the value is just going to keep dropping until extracting skills is an expense and not a payout and that's creating problems for some players.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    This one would be nice plus a different mechanism for events preventing people to chip out in order to remain in a lower category. The event system should recognize all your skills you ever had, even the chipped out ones.

- you quit the game and fully chipped out from lvl 150 but you came back and want to do events? bad luck, your cat is cat 10;
    - you chipped out little by little in order to keep using your gun but stay in the same cat for 10 years? bad luck, your cat is cat 10 (or whatever category all the skills u ever had would place you in);

Twitch channel
    | EntropiaLife profile | PM for "Eve's mod fap fen service" | Face masks

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    new, high level content would be nice, but to address the issue also, get rid of esi in loot and replace it with something better while putting them in Trade Terminal. Fixes a couple of problems - allows those that do want to move up or down in skill levels the ability to do so without hassle, also allows those that are 'stuck' in game since they don't want to or cannot afford to deposit to chip out for good the ability to do so. Folks are always saying 'well why are you still here' to anyone with any small bit of negativity. Add the esi to the trade terminals and they won't have to be any more.

Those with esi in inventory will of course complain about this idea, but things evolve over time. They'd get over it, just like folks with 30 dollar markup christmas trees did when they all dropped in xmas loot, folks with rare pink rabbits did when they dropped in Easter baskets, etc.

Could of course just make it go the other way... drop esi in loot instead of shrapnel for a few months... or change it so esi has a timer on it. Don't use it in x amount of hours and it goes back in to loot pool.

As long the current structure of mayhem rewards and entry limitations exist in that state i can't think of a way to prevent people from chipping out and giving away free skills or even pay someone to take them.

Maybe mindark should remove skillgain for looter skills and split and attach the composion that make up this skill to 100% on most other skills so getting this skill up is only possible if you have a lot of other skills in high range. This would also benefit the wish of the community that higher skills should grant more eco and promote cross skilling and not chipping out if you here for the eco in the long run. People who only participate in mayhems and nothing else of course couln't care less so this idea is not perfect.

In the end if mindark dont want this they need to rethink how their mayhems work and make it less rewarding to stay in a certain category like maybe handing out special mayhem armor and gun sets that only work in the instance for lower tiers and prohibit the use of other weapons for low and mid tier categories while the high tier ones remain
    the way they are now.

Or we just accept that some skills have no value anymore but you need to pay people to take them from you and move on.

i've done 90% crafting - 10% hunting , my hunting skills are almost twice as high as my crafting skills...
    The skill gain in hunting is way too fast.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    new, high level content would be nice, but to address the issue also, get rid of esi in loot and replace it with something better while putting them in Trade Terminal. Fixes a couple of problems - allows those that do want to move up or down in skill levels the ability to do so without hassle, also allows those that are 'stuck' in game since they don't want to or cannot afford to deposit to chip out for good the ability to do so. Folks are always saying 'well why are you still here' to anyone with any small bit of negativity. Add the esi to the trade terminals and they won't have to be any more.

Those with esi in inventory will of course complain about this idea, but things evolve over time. They'd get over it, just like folks with 30 dollar markup christmas trees did when they all dropped in xmas loot, folks with rare pink rabbits did when they dropped in Easter baskets, etc.

Could of course just make it go the other way... drop esi in loot instead of shrapnel for a few months... or change it so esi has a timer on it. Don't use it in x amount of hours and it goes back in to loot pool.
    You hunt few punies a year, please stop talking about ESI in loot. Ever looted one? You have no clue how these things work, stick to your field of activity, thanks!

Twitch channel
    | EntropiaLife profile | PM for "Eve's mod fap fen service" | Face masks

I also think something needs to be done deffinetly.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Aurora Linzey Zamperath
    Society
    free spirit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    You hunt few punies a year, please stop talking about ESI in loot. Ever looted one? You have no clue how these things work, stick to your field of activity, thanks!
    Isnt the ESIs the value of the skills atm, if those were TT wed have a true value of the skill and a shorter way to enter for beginners since the total cost for skills would be much lower.

That way it would be more fair for all and easier to exit for those with alot of skills and easier to start the game and the value would be in the skill only and not to the lucky looter of the ESI.

Sorry for interrupting but this is sticking to my own field of activity since Id happily sell 100k+ TT of skills

//Linzey

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast