Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Banned
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Jr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The information was given to me by someone who told me that he received in 2006. I could be wrong. however, something that has no tt value could not be sold as %.
    The TT value comes from the ESI..

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Xavier Jr Riquelme
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkaruki View Post
    The TT value comes from the ESI..
    I am not sure. Because every avatar have skills for a specific tt value inside it, and with that value it can buy an ESI of that size to pack it these skills.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Blixt "Flash" Gordon
    Society
    Deagleteam
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Jr View Post
    I am not sure. Because every avatar have skills for a specific tt value inside it, and with that value it can buy an ESI of that size to pack it these skills.
    The difference between what you get paid for an empty esi and an esi filled with skills is the value that the buyer pays for your skills when you sell, its called Markup price and.. Why would Mind Ark pay for a value they have no control over?
    Planet Calypso Citizen Since 2004-01-05

I think a possible solution would be to introduce a new series of crafted (L) weapons with high efficiency (+80%) and low dps (so that they are not too op), that require a high level to max.

I am still quite new so I don't know if this would be enough to add value to combat skills. However, I believe this would increase MU for the materials used and make it easier to break even for high level users, making combat skills more valuable.

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    I would like to address the following problems:

1. Players chipping out systematically to stay in a certain event category. Sometimes giving away their skills for free or even paying someone just to take them.
    2. The generalized devaluation of avatar skills as a whole, in my opinion heavily related to issue #1.
    3. The lack of reward/objectives past certain level.

Is this how the game is supposed to work?

Keep it civil please, thanks.

PS: I'm not directly affected, I just think there is a serious problem. I also don't have a magical solution that will fix everything, maybe we can find one together
    Events is the first problem while the initial step to have categories for different levels was nice it isn't great for this game, as an open sand box and it actually makes it far less competitive.

Chipping down to a category that isn't competitive to win takes away all competition of the event. Not sure why MA doesn't want a great competition across all categories? It's completely backwards now.

Honestly Ark had the event right with Gold Rush. There is 1 category for Noobs then after that the rest is open season.

The event format on Caly should be done the same way to increase competition in all the categories without having to chip out.

Have Cat 1 for noobs and after that it is open for anyone to do whatever category after that. I skill non stop and personally hate doing high categories when I like killing small mobs. I have weapons to kill small mobs and want to compete in any category. For one it increases the competition across the board since you no longer have to chip out. It also makes sure that one category isn't light on competition while another is stocked full of hunters. So it becomes balanced.

If you have 300 HP and are 150 lvl laser however you only want to do Cat 2 and compete in Cat 2 they should let you. They already have the HP and Weapon Max in place. Soon as you enter just scale down the HP and only allow that max weapon in there. This opens up competition across all the Cats. Not only that it isn't boring!!!

Maybe you want to do Cat 2 one day then Cat 7 the next. The one you score the highest in is recorded. Let everyone have fun compete and increase the PED spent having fun instead of being stuck with the only option to chip down to have fun.

It makes ZERO sense to have someone confined to a specific Category based on prof level lol! It totally takes the fun and competition out of it. Let people compete in multiple Categories and really have some fun. I would probably actually spend PED on events again if you actually made it competitive and open. Many others would too.

I might add having all Categories open style from Cat 2-10 allows weapons MU to hold value. This is an all around win/win as more players will do events, skills hold value, items hold value and MA gets tons of PED cycled. Perhaps you buy an awesome weapon for Cat 3 and Cat 6. So you compete in both. End of the day it's more fun, hours played and people doing events.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 04-07-2019 at 12:59.
    The Abomb now has Remarkable Wood! Level 47 Resource Gatherer, 5,480 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,360 Martial Arts
    I am growing strongah with the Force - 4,104 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    Events is the first problem while the initial step to have categories for different levels was nice it isn't great for this game, as an open sand box and it actually makes it far less competitive.

Chipping down to a category that isn't competitive to win takes away all competition of the event. Not sure why MA doesn't want a great competition across all categories? It's completely backwards now.
    Because we have had that in the past and a lot people complained about the yearly giveaway to always the same top geared and skilled players.
    The introduction of different cats is a good thing for lower level players.

If you have 300 HP and are 150 lvl laser however you only want to do Cat 2 and compete in Cat 2 they should let you. They already have the HP and Weapon Max in place. Soon as you enter just scale down the HP and only allow that max weapon in there. This opens up competition across all the Cats. Not only that it isn't boring!!!
    If they do that, they simply can remove all cats and do just one, as people like Messi and Co, simply would win all cats, no more chance for lower levels players with less efficent gear to win anything in an event.
    It would also eliminate your chance to win anything, as I dont think you can beat anyone from the top10 in Cat 10, or am I wrong here?

It makes ZERO sense to have someone confined to a specific Category based on prof level lol! It totally takes the fun and competition out of it. Let people compete in multiple Categories and really have some fun. I would probably actually spend PED on events again if you actually made it competitive and open. Many others would too.
    There is competition between those who can enter that specific Cat, or do you really think you can win Cat 1 wihtout properly preparing for it. You need not only the best gear for the Cat, you also need enough pills to have the buffs that give you an advantage over the others.
    To prepare for this event you need time to stock up all this things, and others in that cat do it, so you are forced to do it aswell to have a chance. I call that competition.
    Even with top gear for any of the cats and enough pills, its still not said that you will win it, there is others with equivalent gear and same amount of pills that will compete there.

The only problem I see is the number of prices that are given out every year.
    Imho this is to much to give 10 prices for each Cat, it would be enough to hand out 3 / cat, that would reduce the devaluation of gear. Well it would still be a little devaluation with every event but a little slower than we have it now.

But this thread is not about the events its about devaluation of skills in general.

There is simply not enough gear that needs serious skills.
    To make skills valuable we simply need gear that needs higher skills than Lv100, and voila people will skill to use that gear.
    If there is guns with very high efficency that needs Lv150 or Lv200 to be maxed there is incentive to skill to the point to use the top efficent gear.

Same goes for mining and crafting, if there is gear above the existing max level requirements that is more efficent than actual top gear people would skill to use it.
    Let this gear be crafted and L and make the BPs for it need a serious crafter level, there would also be incentive for crafters to continuously skilling to craft this top end gear.

I remember my early day, when I chipped in FA simply to be able to use a better FAP.
    When there is no better FAP than what I have and I am maxed on it, it does not make sense to skill further (or chip in), and it does not make sense to keep the skills for more than just bragging.

You get the point?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    the founding fathers are rolling in thier graves while we discuss the instancing they fought so hard to stop from happenning. when the commies took over, the first thing they did was bring instancing in. now that the leftists are almost completely powerless its time to reimplement persistence. a persitent universe is a better religion.

there's a reason our servers are divided up like they are and that was to provide a smoothe simulated persistence. if persitent universe is not the goal, then there's no reason the servers should be divided up like they are.

a redesign of the server system setup would make for a better game. and we all know how MA and most of us PCFers feel about complete redesign, so elimination of the instances is the better option. if eliminating the instancing is also not an option then why not make them entirely seperate servers? the lag is our common enemy and must be mitigated.

the original sytem design that makes this game so great included persitence. i truly believe that persistence itself needs to be held in the same esteem as we hold the almighty Lootius. all hail Lootius in the Persistent Entropia Universe.

taking these thoughts into consideration perhaps MA will solve these Mayhem category and other competition and event issues. changing them up season to season is also part of the problem. besides the instancing there are several other reasons i don't, and won't, compete in the mayhem events.

first, is the prize structure. the earliest mayhem and last for that matter was when i placed 23rd in the event. i was happy and waited what seemed like forever to get my prize. when it didn't come and i asked why they pointed out that the structure meant the first ten got something then the 15th, 20th and 25th places also only got something. that's when i discovered communists are retarded.

second, is the way event mobs don't count towards iron missions and go so far as to have different damage altogether. why? again, leftists cannot withstand scrutiny.

chipping out to play in certain categories is proof entropians need government. what kind of government should be up to us. unless you all vote for communism that is.

my ideas for improvement? the events should be more spectator oriented. they should also be more like triathlons or even olympics. if makeup is an actual part of this game there should be fashion shows. and again the winners should be known as that categories best for the time until the next event. i will never tire of asking for persitence and fighting instancing.

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNi View Post
    Because we have had that in the past and a lot people complained about the yearly giveaway to always the same top geared and skilled players.
    The introduction of different cats is a good thing for lower level players.
    Are you listening to what I am saying at all? There are yearly giveaways now because there isn't any competition! No we didn't have what I suggested at all! Yes we need different Cats and yes we should still have a Cat 1 for only new players. Then the rest is open so that way there is equal competition. So everyone can compete and it isn't giving away free gear to uncompetitive Cats.

If they do that, they simply can remove all cats and do just one, as people like Messi and Co, simply would win all cats, no more chance for lower levels players with less efficent gear to win anything in an event.
    It would also eliminate your chance to win anything, as I dont think you can beat anyone from the top10 in Cat 10, or am I wrong here?
    Again you completely are missing the point of having a real competition as you are making every Category actually competitive. Right now the Cats aren't competitive at all. You have some Cats that have maybe 20-30 people in it. Then you you have some Cats completely saturated and then most of the players don't even bother to compete with the current restrictions. It is poorly designed!!

Messi will do Cat 10 because he has motives, "PED" and gear to compete for a "BETTER" prize. The lower players won't have less efficient gear. There is already Max HP and Max Dps implemented. So your actual HP and Max level is irrelevant.

You can freely compete and make it a real competition by competing in multiple Cats during events according to your "PED" card and playstyle. You can only win "ONE" Cat. So the end of the day it doesn't matter. However you will now enable each Category to have 100's of players competing instead of only a few! How can you not see this? It is increasing participation across the board by a massive amount!

I am currently in Cat 7 now and refuse to do events because for one I am not chipping out and two I want to do lower Categories and use lower gear that is required for that competition. Instead of there not being a real competition at all. Being able to compete in Cat 2, 3 ,4 etc would get players into the competition and depositing. It creates a better experience as opposed to NO EXPERIENCE AT ALL!!

Keep in mind that Cat 7 isn't competitive because none of the Cats are since there is no open entry. In case you are thinking that the limited number of participants based on skills is a good thing sigh.....
    There is competition between those who can enter that specific Cat, or do you really think you can win Cat 1 wihtout properly preparing for it. You need not only the best gear for the Cat, you also need enough pills to have the buffs that give you an advantage over the others.
    To prepare for this event you need time to stock up all this things, and others in that cat do it, so you are forced to do it aswell to have a chance. I call that competition.
    Even with top gear for any of the cats and enough pills, its still not said that you will win it, there is others with equivalent gear and same amount of pills that will compete there.
    No there isn't competition between those few people in that Cat based on their Professional level lol. That is ridiculous to think that! It is a few people staying the same level to win an event year after year because it isn't competitive at all. It is a much bigger problem now. The same 10 people always doing the same Cat.... Geeez that sure screams competitive gameplay ROFL!

It isn't open competition. The event is could already be set up in a way like Battlesim it is fair for all. Anyone should be able to enter a Cat and upon entering your HP and weapon requirements are set. Anyone against this idea only wants the easy lack of competition in their category. Having 20 people compete for 10 prizes is hardly a competition. Having each category with requirements and open to anyone means it's a competitive event.

I would like to see each category have 100's of participants instead of a handful. Also there is no reason to have professional level eliminating you from events of the game. Let people play and play and compete with the PED card they can.

Why do you want to penalize people that enjoy skiling that don't have massive PED cards to do higher Cats? It makes zero sense. All these players just can't do events. That is why there is no competition.

You get the point?

No because you clearly don't understand my point on how to make Events competitive, balanced and thriving like I suggested. Increased participation and allowing for better competition is a good thing.

There is Zero difference between someone with 150 HP and Max Dps weapon allowed vs someone with 350 hp and the Max Dps weapon allowed in Cat 4. Since when entering it is all scaled to equal for that Category. Except now we actually created real competition and higher participation. Now there is no need to chip out and a draw for everyone to compete.

Win/Win

Do you finally get the point?
    Last edited by The Abomb; 04-07-2019 at 15:50.
    The Abomb now has Remarkable Wood! Level 47 Resource Gatherer, 5,480 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,360 Martial Arts
    I am growing strongah with the Force - 4,104 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kain Dewey Fall
    Society
    Specialized Planet Expedition Dominion
    Images
    MA made a release stating that the frequency of drops is based on a items MU, I think we need to drastically lower the MU of Empty Skill Implants so that a larger player base can comfortably and efficiently trade skills. Rather than ESI TT+900%MU and then Plus skills.
    I think between 200% and 300% is what max threshold should be. :P
    But good luck with that, asking someone to take down 600% to 700% of the loots natural Value Threshold on an extremely mass scale in the "hope" of reducing the value enough that it would increase trade, make reasonable cost for skill trading, and have the loot pool drop it at a means that meets that value within the community.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain Dewey Fall View Post
    MA made a release stating that the frequency of drops is based on a items MU
    Interesting....can you link to this release statement?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast