PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    mg Joda VVV VVV
    Images

Skill based area's

Hi Guys,

I've been giving skill devaluation some thought and end game content.

What i would like to see as a motivator for people to keep their skills and to skill up to unlock game content i think there need to be goals that can add dimensions to game play where players get to be strategic about their game goals/choices.

By making areas level restricted it can increase traffic to land areas to cater to players that prefer a different play style and by making sure that the level restricted areas are not the only way to finish missions.

By creating level restrictions its also possible to guide newer players to areas that are well suited for their level, and for them to progress to new areas once they outgrow it.

This could be done by level capping or gear capping certain areas so the playing field is levveld.

Some of the ideas i had;

-zones in which u have indoor mining like hunting so less loots, but higher loots.
    -zones with increased boss mob spawns
    -zones where u have increased skill gains, but lose skills gained upon death to the mobs inside. Or where if killed by an other player skills gained since entering are 'stolen'
    -zones where a skill bonus is gained if surviving long enough against a wave.
    -zones where the minimum loot of mobs is 90% but max loot is also reduced by the same formula making it more accesible for budget players to hunt at their level and keep the reasons for skilling up intact.
    Avatar name in game : mg Joda VVV VVV
    Game streaming : www.twitch.tv/jodaeu

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Luna blackchip Tick
    Society
    Freelancer
    i like this idea very much, skill capped pvp areas would be amazing for us noobs too .

imo it would also be cool if non-sib weapons had a different buff like a crit increase bonus or eff. increase bonus, and make it worth skilling up to use.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    mg Joda VVV VVV
    Images
    Yeah,

or differnt quality L weapons of the same type.

So 1 item can have a multitude of different rolls

TT value,
    Decay

and then the damage range level stats.
    Avatar name in game : mg Joda VVV VVV
    Game streaming : www.twitch.tv/jodaeu

I think something that would be cool would be untierable limited weapons with really high prof level requirements. For example, a level 140 laser rifle that has around XTLC 800 tier 10 damage, but the benefit is no damage enhancers are used up. There could also be similar weapons for less common professions that follow this trend, like an untierable shortblade with around POD T10 dps, but maxes at level 110 SB or so. This way people with a lot of skills could switch around professions for a bit if they want to without having to own a lot of extremely expensive weapons. + the benefit of no damage enhancers used. Of course these weapons would need to be limited and somewhat infrequent so they benefit the economy in some way as well.

Edit: the reason I say untierable is because the purpose of these weapons wouldn't be to replace cat10 guns, but reward high level players by giving them a more reasonable sort of low budget temporary weapon benefit that makes the lower level limited weapon market work.
    Last edited by lethal; 03-20-2019 at 19:44.

Banned
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
    Images
    This was what I suggested in the other thread, but yeah I didn't really expand on it very much and I suppose it's an idea worth divulging into in a separate thread.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Technically, Mayhem already exists that sort of does that... just make mayhem last all year long instead of just certain times of the year?

I guess there's 3 new planets that were in the old deep token white paper... maybe make each one skill based to enter?

Mindark's never said what the new 3 planets were exactly... so if they are open to suggestions...

High skill level planet = Akbal

Mid Level Planet = Cimi

Low Level Planet = Mars

could also introduce more content following the original storyline... https://www.planetcalypso.com/planet...ry-of-calypso/
    Last edited by mastermesh; 03-21-2019 at 10:11.

Elite
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    New York Rose
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Or..You could make it really simple for new players or players in general with maybe a shading of lines or a color dot to help them know which is skill based for which level and/or maybe small caption on map, that way when they TP or jump somewhere they know it can apply.

I think all the ideas here are really great.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mg Joda VVV View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Guys,

I've been giving skill devaluation some thought and end game content.

What i would like to see as a motivator for people to keep their skills and to skill up to unlock game content i think there need to be goals that can add dimensions to game play where players get to be strategic about their game goals/choices.

By making areas level restricted it can increase traffic to land areas to cater to players that prefer a different play style and by making sure that the level restricted areas are not the only way to finish missions.

By creating level restrictions its also possible to guide newer players to areas that are well suited for their level, and for them to progress to new areas once they outgrow it.

This could be done by level capping or gear capping certain areas so the playing field is levveld.

Some of the ideas i had;

-zones in which u have indoor mining like hunting so less loots, but higher loots.
    -zones with increased boss mob spawns
    -zones where u have increased skill gains, but lose skills gained upon death to the mobs inside. Or where if killed by an other player skills gained since entering are 'stolen'
    -zones where a skill bonus is gained if surviving long enough against a wave.
    -zones where the minimum loot of mobs is 90% but max loot is also reduced by the same formula making it more accesible for budget players to hunt at their level and keep the reasons for skilling up intact.
    This idea is timely, as in it both offers to increase entertainment value and is within practical reach to implement.
    .... just one man's opinion

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Technically, Mayhem already exists that sort of does that... just make mayhem last all year long instead of just certain times of the year?

I guess there's 3 new planets that were in the old deep token white paper... maybe make each one skill based to enter?

Mindark's never said what the new 3 planets were exactly... so if they are open to suggestions...

High skill level planet = Akbal

Mid Level Planet = Cimi

Low Level Planet = Mars

could also introduce more content following the original storyline... https://www.planetcalypso.com/planet...ry-of-calypso/
    I love it!
    .... just one man's opinion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast