Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images

can we expect space fixes, ever?

there are some problems i've noticed recently in space. renoticed in the case that the space station instance entry is off by a mile. i think its really important to at least get this exact because pirates and that dum rule forced pvp if you go out into the lootable space. you can't just deek back into unlootable (max bs btw). yes, i have escaped pirates this way. i like the way the entrance works on cp and foma (sortof - but hate instances really) in comparison.

when i land on planets the mission list is still broken. missions were broken on toulan and on monria im getting a consistent failed operation error at the initial tp.

when repairing on motherships theres the really annoying bug that you need to be pointing your mouse at the repairpoint in order to make the tool work. weird that autouse will even run while the mouse is off target. that's a lot of frickn hoops for what should be passive activity.

escaping those pirates, for me, was immensely satisfying experience, but at one point i was face to face with one and i was unable to even get a shot off before he started into me again. yes, i got away from this guy a second time, but there are serious problems besides just that. what if he did get me? how would i ever know if i lost something. MA wouldn't even tell me the one time i thought i did lose stuff and submitted a support case. does the pirate get loot notifications? what if he looted my 15 million blazars? would that even register. i fail to see how this pirate pvp is fun or fair or even acceptible.

this is not just a rant. we all want space fixed. the SS entrance is pretty serious considering those variables. repping the MS has to be passive. pirates really need to get a fair fight. and thats only a few i noticed. if a beta tester(paid in pizza) doesnt find them, then who does?

Provider
    tyires tyirepl tyirepl
    Images
    they wont fix it unless you depo 10x more than usual, nobody works for free. show them your commitment, show them what you got on your credit card

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    I think they should remove space until they decide to finally give us the great space update. Seriously! The game is played on planet and space how it is just isn't needed at all. If you removed space the game would continue to run perhaps even better since people could just use the teleporter drop down to the planet they want to go to and spend 7 ped to voyage to another planet instantly.

Hold the phone but what about ppl invested in space!!?? Calm yourself the people with MS will receive part of the pot of teleport fees till space is re-implemented. Perhaps even let them hold some Deeds too and gain interest while space is being worked on.

I have spent time in space. Many many hours at that gaining important skills for playing the game on planet. Where the game is actually played. Space is a pretty crappy void of wasted time and effort at this point and until they want to update. Just remove it so the game can grow instead of discourage people because of something incredibly outdated.

You can agree or disagree however you can't deny that if you logged in tomorrow and space was gone. The majority of players would just play as normal and probably rejoice. It just is an issue stopping this game from being the best it could be.

Remove space, fix it however long it takes. Re-implement it - Everyone wins.
    The Abomb now has Remarkable Wood! Level 45 Resource Gatherer, 5,209 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,286 Martial Arts
    I am growing strongah with the Force - 3,877 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think they should remove space until they decide to finally give us the great space update. Seriously! The game is played on planet and space how it is just isn't needed at all. If you removed space the game would continue to run perhaps even better since people could just use the teleporter drop down to the planet they want to go to and spend 7 ped to voyage to another planet instantly.

Hold the phone but what about ppl invested in space!!?? Calm yourself the people with MS will receive part of the pot of teleport fees till space is re-implemented. Perhaps even let them hold some Deeds too and gain interest while space is being worked on.

I have spent time in space. Many many hours at that gaining important skills for playing the game on planet. Where the game is actually played. Space is a pretty crappy void of wasted time and effort at this point and until they want to update. Just remove it so the game can grow instead of discourage people because of something incredibly outdated.

You can agree or disagree however you can't deny that if you logged in tomorrow and space was gone. The majority of players would just play as normal and probably rejoice. It just is an issue stopping this game from being the best it could be.

yes sir this strategy would work in almost all areas. and this would work with stores and things. i would rather wait a minute or two to see a fully resolved room or area when i tp there than see parts of it rezzing in. this is horrible loss of immersion. the falling through the floors in stores could really benefit from this. i think its butt ugly programming when i tp to a place like ft fury and the tp isnt even ressed in yet. and the screen pops all over the place while your avatar is buoncing up and down lol. can't do anything or move even until the ressing is done anyways so why not keep it undisplayed until the ressing is complete.

it happens also when you get a summons to a mothership. i'd so RATHER WAIT in complete darkness than res in to an obviously artificial environment. the obviousness can be defeated.

same with the rest of the game. i'd way RATHER WAIT for the mayhem to be released with no bugs than to play at all in a buggy environment. it would also reduce the stress on the poor hamsters running the support case server power supply.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    Just do away with it completely and re-add the interplanetary tps that pay the hangar owners, only instead of only paying them split it with the mother ship owners, etc.

Mindark got rid of compets since it was too big for them to bother with... Space is probably like that... continue the trend... While at it, maybe delete next island?

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    Just do away with it completely and re-add the interplanetary tps that pay the hangar owners, only instead of only paying them split it with the mother ship owners, etc.

Mindark got rid of compets since it was too big for them to bother with... Space is probably like that... continue the trend... While at it, maybe delete next island?
    I mean you aren't wrong. Space isn't needed to for this game to function. The game takes place on the planet. Always has and always will "UNTIL" they actually make space an adventure and part of the gaming experience instead of something that is to be avoided by the majority of players.

Of course I wouldn't want investors to be out which is why they would have to be compensated. However if we logged in tomorrow and there was no space and you could teleport to another planet the game would be better. Most of the players would be happy since the game is better. The game would probably grow since players would travel to other planets and explore. If there was no space for a year this game would improve. Space isn't a needed aspect of the game especially as it is.

So remove it, then re-implement it only "IF" they can give us a captivating space feature with missions and things to do. However long it takes. It's a win, win solution since the game will improve.

Of course since I got neg repped already Some people can't see a future without removing something that needs to be removed. I proposed ways so no one loses out and everyone wins. Again don't get me wrong I would love space mining, iron missions, special zones for PvP only, Pirate missions, more ships, space malls/shops. They could make space awesome. Every SS should be unique. Just take the time to remove it and make it happen.
    The Abomb now has Remarkable Wood! Level 45 Resource Gatherer, 5,209 RG Skill points

By this logic... you'd have to remove the entire game, fix it, then relaunch it. There are thousands of things "broken" about this game.

Space actually IS a part of this game, for countless reasons, some of them economical (which is another thing broken... by the way, where the hell are our transport missions MA???). But anyways....we agree that space needs to be fixed. It has been ignored for years, and years. Removing it, even temporarily is a terrible idea, and likely means far more logistically to do that than to work on it and fix it.

With all the non-stop events on Caly,you want them to fix space so people will leave the planet? Come on,get real!
    Plus,they are to busy fixing the bugs that came with the camera system(which wasn't needed anyway) and God knows what other brilliant ideas they are planning to implement.
    MA already got money for hangars and spaceships so space is left to rot..just like gardening,harvesting,avatar statues,stables,ArkMoon and on and on.

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmurfud View Post
    With all the non-stop events on Caly,you want them to fix space so people will leave the planet? Come on,get real!
    Plus,they are to busy fixing the bugs that came with the camera system(which wasn't needed anyway) and God knows what other brilliant ideas they are planning to implement.
    MA already got money for hangars and spaceships so space is left to rot..just like gardening,harvesting,avatar statues,stables,ArkMoon and on and on.
    Haven't been on Caly in a month. I rather even pay an auction 2 ped fee then leave the planet i am on to waste time going to Caly because of space. There would be more people on Caly for events if space was removed. I could then just teleport there and spend ped, buy some supplies.

So your argument makes no sense. Removing space for a time would only increase ped spent on planets where the game is played. As it wouldn't be a part of the game that is in the way anymore. More pew pew and more spent on Caly.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i agree with everyone here. there is one thing in common to all of our posts here. i hope MA devs are seeing now how important it is to fix it all. sure they can be a business, in it for the money, but its sad that they dont have lofty, creative vision. somehow, and they do seem to be doing this, they got to get their left brain to accept people with right brain thinking(psychology labels not politics) to design and implement. the leftbrain people can run the accounting and business end of things. i think this might be the key to solve this.

maybe MA is 'idiot savant'. i can be like that sometimes. dealing with difficult all the time might lead one to forget the simplest of things. i'm even beginning to think MA doesn't even have any pot smokers at all. if they want to be diverse and 'with the times' and excel in the right brain department they should really hire some capable, creative, empathetic long haired hippy programmer type POT SMOKERS. pot smoking doesnt need to be in the office but mark my words, they do.

this is a political thing too. there is a relationship and correlation to left right politics. and we can see it in the results. so happy that the company is seeing that continuing to the left is not working. moving back to the center is the only way and recognizing rift and rivalry are opponents to greatness. it's not natural for the left to embrace the right, but it's the missing link here. seriously.

i love this game and most of the people in it. there is absolutley nothing else more important to me than seeing this game acheive the greatness it is owed. and i will do my best to discover the flaws and express them in an intelligible manner. it seems to me MA is recovering from complacent stagnation and pushing hard on the road to impeccable maturity. this can happen. i will it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast