can we expect space fixes, ever?

Aloisius

Stalker
Society
Natural Born Killers
Jo Aloisius Smith
there are some problems i've noticed recently in space. renoticed in the case that the space station instance entry is off by a mile. i think its really important to at least get this exact because pirates and that dum rule forced pvp if you go out into the lootable space. you can't just deek back into unlootable (max bs btw). yes, i have escaped pirates this way. i like the way the entrance works on cp and foma (sortof - but hate instances really) in comparison.

when i land on planets the mission list is still broken. missions were broken on toulan and on monria im getting a consistent failed operation error at the initial tp.

when repairing on motherships theres the really annoying bug that you need to be pointing your mouse at the repairpoint in order to make the tool work. weird that autouse will even run while the mouse is off target. that's a lot of frickn hoops for what should be passive activity.

escaping those pirates, for me, was immensely satisfying experience, but at one point i was face to face with one and i was unable to even get a shot off before he started into me again. yes, i got away from this guy a second time, but there are serious problems besides just that. what if he did get me? how would i ever know if i lost something. MA wouldn't even tell me the one time i thought i did lose stuff and submitted a support case. does the pirate get loot notifications? what if he looted my 15 million blazars? would that even register. i fail to see how this pirate pvp is fun or fair or even acceptible.

this is not just a rant. we all want space fixed. the SS entrance is pretty serious considering those variables. repping the MS has to be passive. pirates really need to get a fair fight. and thats only a few i noticed. if a beta tester(paid in pizza) doesnt find them, then who does?

they wont fix it unless you depo 10x more than usual, nobody works for free. show them your commitment, show them what you got on your credit card

I think they should remove space until they decide to finally give us the great space update. Seriously! The game is played on planet and space how it is just isn't needed at all. If you removed space the game would continue to run perhaps even better since people could just use the teleporter drop down to the planet they want to go to and spend 7 ped to voyage to another planet instantly.

Hold the phone but what about ppl invested in space!!?? Calm yourself the people with MS will receive part of the pot of teleport fees till space is re-implemented. Perhaps even let them hold some Deeds too and gain interest while space is being worked on.

I have spent time in space. Many many hours at that gaining important skills for playing the game on planet. Where the game is actually played. Space is a pretty crappy void of wasted time and effort at this point and until they want to update. Just remove it so the game can grow instead of discourage people because of something incredibly outdated.

You can agree or disagree however you can't deny that if you logged in tomorrow and space was gone. The majority of players would just play as normal and probably rejoice. It just is an issue stopping this game from being the best it could be.

Remove space, fix it however long it takes. Re-implement it - Everyone wins.

I think they should remove space until they decide to finally give us the great space update. Seriously! The game is played on planet and space how it is just isn't needed at all. If you removed space the game would continue to run perhaps even better since people could just use the teleporter drop down to the planet they want to go to and spend 7 ped to voyage to another planet instantly.

Hold the phone but what about ppl invested in space!!?? Calm yourself the people with MS will receive part of the pot of teleport fees till space is re-implemented. Perhaps even let them hold some Deeds too and gain interest while space is being worked on.

I have spent time in space. Many many hours at that gaining important skills for playing the game on planet. Where the game is actually played. Space is a pretty crappy void of wasted time and effort at this point and until they want to update. Just remove it so the game can grow instead of discourage people because of something incredibly outdated.

You can agree or disagree however you can't deny that if you logged in tomorrow and space was gone. The majority of players would just play as normal and probably rejoice. It just is an issue stopping this game from being the best it could be.

yes sir this strategy would work in almost all areas. and this would work with stores and things. i would rather wait a minute or two to see a fully resolved room or area when i tp there than see parts of it rezzing in. this is horrible loss of immersion. the falling through the floors in stores could really benefit from this. i think its butt ugly programming when i tp to a place like ft fury and the tp isnt even ressed in yet. and the screen pops all over the place while your avatar is buoncing up and down lol. can't do anything or move even until the ressing is done anyways so why not keep it undisplayed until the ressing is complete.

it happens also when you get a summons to a mothership. i'd so RATHER WAIT in complete darkness than res in to an obviously artificial environment. the obviousness can be defeated.

same with the rest of the game. i'd way RATHER WAIT for the mayhem to be released with no bugs than to play at all in a buggy environment. it would also reduce the stress on the poor hamsters running the support case server power supply.

Just do away with it completely and re-add the interplanetary tps that pay the hangar owners, only instead of only paying them split it with the mother ship owners, etc.

Mindark got rid of compets since it was too big for them to bother with... Space is probably like that... continue the trend... While at it, maybe delete next island?

Just do away with it completely and re-add the interplanetary tps that pay the hangar owners, only instead of only paying them split it with the mother ship owners, etc.

Mindark got rid of compets since it was too big for them to bother with... Space is probably like that... continue the trend... While at it, maybe delete next island?

I mean you aren't wrong. Space isn't needed to for this game to function. The game takes place on the planet. Always has and always will "UNTIL" they actually make space an adventure and part of the gaming experience instead of something that is to be avoided by the majority of players.

Of course I wouldn't want investors to be out which is why they would have to be compensated. However if we logged in tomorrow and there was no space and you could teleport to another planet the game would be better. Most of the players would be happy since the game is better. The game would probably grow since players would travel to other planets and explore. If there was no space for a year this game would improve. Space isn't a needed aspect of the game especially as it is.

So remove it, then re-implement it only "IF" they can give us a captivating space feature with missions and things to do. However long it takes. It's a win, win solution since the game will improve.

Of course since I got neg repped already :laugh: Some people can't see a future without removing something that needs to be removed. I proposed ways so no one loses out and everyone wins. Again don't get me wrong I would love space mining, iron missions, special zones for PvP only, Pirate missions, more ships, space malls/shops. They could make space awesome. Every SS should be unique. Just take the time to remove it and make it happen.

By this logic... you'd have to remove the entire game, fix it, then relaunch it. There are thousands of things "broken" about this game.

Space actually IS a part of this game, for countless reasons, some of them economical (which is another thing broken... by the way, where the hell are our transport missions MA???). But anyways....we agree that space needs to be fixed. It has been ignored for years, and years. Removing it, even temporarily is a terrible idea, and likely means far more logistically to do that than to work on it and fix it.

With all the non-stop events on Caly,you want them to fix space so people will leave the planet? Come on,get real! :laugh:
Plus,they are to busy fixing the bugs that came with the camera system(which wasn't needed anyway) and God knows what other brilliant ideas they are planning to implement.
MA already got money for hangars and spaceships so space is left to rot..just like gardening,harvesting,avatar statues,stables,ArkMoon and on and on.

With all the non-stop events on Caly,you want them to fix space so people will leave the planet? Come on,get real! :laugh:
Plus,they are to busy fixing the bugs that came with the camera system(which wasn't needed anyway) and God knows what other brilliant ideas they are planning to implement.
MA already got money for hangars and spaceships so space is left to rot..just like gardening,harvesting,avatar statues,stables,ArkMoon and on and on.

Haven't been on Caly in a month. I rather even pay an auction 2 ped fee then leave the planet i am on to waste time going to Caly because of space. There would be more people on Caly for events if space was removed. I could then just teleport there and spend ped, buy some supplies.

So your argument makes no sense. Removing space for a time would only increase ped spent on planets where the game is played. As it wouldn't be a part of the game that is in the way anymore. More pew pew and more spent on Caly.

i agree with everyone here. there is one thing in common to all of our posts here. i hope MA devs are seeing now how important it is to fix it all. sure they can be a business, in it for the money, but its sad that they dont have lofty, creative vision. somehow, and they do seem to be doing this, they got to get their left brain to accept people with right brain thinking(psychology labels not politics) to design and implement. the leftbrain people can run the accounting and business end of things. i think this might be the key to solve this.

maybe MA is 'idiot savant'. i can be like that sometimes. dealing with difficult all the time might lead one to forget the simplest of things. i'm even beginning to think MA doesn't even have any pot smokers at all. if they want to be diverse and 'with the times' and excel in the right brain department they should really hire some capable, creative, empathetic long haired hippy programmer type POT SMOKERS. pot smoking doesnt need to be in the office but mark my words, they do.

this is a political thing too. there is a relationship and correlation to left right politics. and we can see it in the results. so happy that the company is seeing that continuing to the left is not working. moving back to the center is the only way and recognizing rift and rivalry are opponents to greatness. it's not natural for the left to embrace the right, but it's the missing link here. seriously.

i love this game and most of the people in it. there is absolutley nothing else more important to me than seeing this game acheive the greatness it is owed. and i will do my best to discover the flaws and express them in an intelligible manner. it seems to me MA is recovering from complacent stagnation and pushing hard on the road to impeccable maturity. this can happen. i will it.

Space as it stands is somewhere between "pain in the rear" and "royal bore". I'd be happier without it.

The game takes place on the planet. Always has and always will "UNTIL" they actually make space an adventure and part of the gaming experience instead of something that is to be avoided by the majority of players.

Space has a vibrant active and very dedicated community, who work tirelessly providing services and investing heavily to create the best transport and skilling options possible.

Yes it’s an under utilised resource which has huge potential waiting to be tapped into with the right development, but threads like these with the theme of “I don’t like it so shut it down” are not only incredibly narrow minded, but rub salt in the wounds of those who live and play in space.

There are countless threads on what could be done with space, MA has answered in the AMA that they are aware it needs work and plan to do so. Constructive feedback and highlighting that space fixes are a priority are always welcome, but getting rid of space meanwhile is just ridiculous.

Edit to add. I appreciate the ops theme was not to shut it down, but highlight the issues he has found.

Last edited:
Space has a vibrant active and very dedicated community, who work tirelessly providing services and investing heavily to create the best transport and skilling options possible.

Yes it’s an under utilised resource which has huge potential waiting to be tapped into with the right development, but threads like these with the theme of “I don’t like it so shut it down” are not only incredibly narrow minded, but rub salt in the wounds of those who live and play in space.

There are countless threads on what could be done with space, MA has answered in the AMA that they are aware it needs work and plan to do so. Constructive feedback and highlighting that space fixes are a priority are always welcome, but getting rid of space meanwhile is just ridiculous.

Edit to add. I appreciate the ops theme was not to shut it down, but highlight the issues he has found.

More like its you who's incredibly narrow minded. They have their opinion you have yours. Why should they take into account that you invested heavily into a, in their opinion, flawed part of the game? Your investment has zero effect on whether or not someone is pro-space or any other section of the game too.

Always funny to see people throw money around like morons and then expect everyone else to validate and protect their investment.

With that said I hope they improve and develop space alot too. As it is now its a joke but it could be a whole new area with alot of gameplay to be had.

Why should they take into account that you invested heavily into a, in their opinion, flawed part of the game? Your investment has zero effect on whether or not someone is pro-space or any other section of the game too.

While i agree that if people have invested heavily shouldn't make a difference for the path MA chooses there is also the responsibility of them when making promises. It is a real cash economy we are working with here and in my opinion MA shouldn't make promises if they can't fulfil them.

More like its you who's incredibly narrow minded. They have their opinion you have yours. Why should they take into account that you invested heavily into a, in their opinion, flawed part of the game? Your investment has zero effect on whether or not someone is pro-space or any other section of the game too.

Always funny to see people throw money around like morons and then expect everyone else to validate and protect their investment.

With that said I hope they improve and develop space alot too. As it is now its a joke but it could be a whole new area with alot of gameplay to be had.

I did not at any point say they must share my opinion, merely that the proclamation to “shut down” parts of the game they don’t like is viewing it from a singular point of view. Being open minded about something does not mean one must agree with another viewpoint, but at least be open to the idea that some people do enjoy this aspect of the game, even if they do not.

Constructive and often frank feedback and suggestions are always of benifit, but the “shut it down” or “get rid of it” part is not.

I like how you jumped on the money part. Time is also an investment, I at no point indicated any financial contribution I have made personally, and frankly it’s no ones business.

I have lived, loved and worked in space since the day it opened in 2011, with all its beauty and all its flaws , so forgive me if I get a bit sore when people want to rip it apart and shut it down.

Last edited:

The above from the "The Guys who dress in white" and us "The guys in rags and what ever" (star wars look it up)…

I tend to agree... just because you don't use it don't mean others don't also...

I rarely go to planet so if there are bugs there maybe they should shut the planet down as its just a baron waste land?

Flawed logic....

(Entropia) Universe

Universe definition:
all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos.

nuff said really but does need improving upon as promised in the AMA

Lets just shut the account down of everyone who wants to shut a part of the game down - good start right there ;p
Next step allow players to be creative and involve players in developing more content for the universe - there is no reason why some parts of the game couldnt benefit from added designer/artist/storywriter/developer power - if you set up the right management to guide these resources.

These services aren't needed for the game to grow, these so called services are just in the way of where the game is played currently. This game will grow as more players spend PED hunting, mining, crafting on the planet. This is about the game becoming better for many more new players not a few invested in an archaic system. We want new players in the game. We want more Hunters, Miners and people on each planet.

Space is an in the way of the game, resource. It has HUGE potential and I stated that it could be an adventure. Removing Lootable PvP in space having special Zones with Pirate Missions and special hunting for items would be a draw. Adding Iron missions and new mobs so Mother Ships can be used for their purpose as Battleships instead of misused for transport, would be nice. Having hunting teams renting an MS to work on missions would be great. Space should be part of the Sand Box of Entropia though and if you want, you don't have to participate in it. Period. If you want to enjoy it then hop in your Quad and go to space to work on Epic missions. If you want to teleport to another planet for 7 PED instantly that should also be an option.

Jamming an aspect of the game down peoples throats is bad game design though and not needed and also equally narrow minded.

This game hasn't grown since I got here and instead of being stagnant it can move toward a bold new better future instead. Removing space is constructive feedback. Again it is an aspect of the game that should be optional even when it is massively overhauled. I rather the game grow and make swift changes to bring in 1,000s of new players instead of twiddle thumbs again waiting for something that new players don't want.

I will repeat that...

I rather the game grow and make swift changes to bring in 1,000s of new players instead of twiddle thumbs again waiting for something that new players don't want.

Entropia as a game will be built on tomorrows players that will join to play the game and gamers today require games to have a nice flow to them and not be bogged down with wasted time. Space doesn't fit into the RPG aspect of the game.

I might add it would be nice to not have a Bias opinion. A campaign to make space great again in your vision won't make Entropia a better game. This MMORPG has to compete with other games and has several outdated features that need to be removed to stay competitive in an ever expanding gaming market.

This is as you say constructive feedback, whether you like it or not :D I wish you luck out there.

PS- As someone that has skilled every aspect of the game extensively. I would love for MF to have a WormHole Chip that I can open up a portal to any planet instantly. Then teams can hop from planet to planet doing events. Don't worry I will still skill in space and work on Iron missions when that happens too.

Finally, as I said I don't want people to lose their investment in space and that isn't the goal. However we shouldn't let people invested in space also hold the game back from being a great game for everyone either. That is just selfish and then we wonder why this game doesn't grow. :eyecrazy:

Last edited:
I did not at any point say they must share my opinion, merely that the proclamation to “shut down” parts of the game they don’t like is viewing it from a singular point of view. Being open minded about something does not mean one must agree with another viewpoint, but at least be open to the idea that some people do enjoy this aspect of the game, even if they do not.

Constructive and often frank feedback and suggestions are always of benifit, but the “shut it down” or “get rid of it” part is not.

I like how you jumped on the money part. Time is also an investment, I at no point indicated any financial contribution I have made personally, and frankly it’s no ones business.

I have lived, loved and worked in space since the day it opened in 2011, with all its beauty and all its flaws , so forgive me if I get a bit sore when people want to rip it apart and shut it down.

Yea I jumped on the "Money" part becasue one would HOPE that if you spent all that time in space you would have enjoyed it. Thus that "INVESTMENT" would have already paid off continously. But yea I understand you're grasping at straws.

Their feedback is of the game as whole, and in their opinion they feel the game would be better without that specific part of it. Simple as that. But its YOUR narrow mindedness which seem entirely consumed by "Space" that if someone wants to remove that they essentially want to remove the whole game, because the game is largely "space" to you. But you cant imagine their point of view, pretty narrow minded.

(Entropia) Universe

Universe definition:
all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos.

nuff said really but does need improving upon as promised in the AMA

Hey brainiac. If you going to look things up and pretend to be clever then it would help you to understand the definition too.

"
space
/speɪs/
noun
noun: space

a continuous area or expanse which is free, available, or unoccupied.
the dimensions of height, depth, and width within which all things exist and move."

Wow would you look at that. It would appear space is everywhere! You can enjoy it planetside too then! Woooo :dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

Anyways, I hope they hurry up with the space updates to not only shut up these space-crybabies but because Im actually looking forward to a more vibrant space. And I think alot more people would like space if the promised space updates would happen too because it would make Space into something more than either:
a. Here you go waste 30 minutes flying or spend 25 ped to enjoy the game content you want.
b. Heres a punch to the face for forgetting to store your stackables.

Thats probably why people dislike space. As of now its only bad experiences. But that could change with more content.

Just like to point out Space has been here since CP / Asteroid exhisted… cant say its new... its new in the way we move.

I would like to point to the fact that it is ALOT and I mean ALOT easier to move from Point A to Point B now then ever before

BUT!!! this is not to say they have completed or delivered what they have said they were going to!

Sick and tired of every post about space degenerating into a fight about whether it should exist at all.
Sick and tired of every post turning into a PVP catfight

Title of game is Entropia Universe a Universe encompasses ….SPACE, or more accurately is encompassed by SPACE

Investors in space (yeh the ones that put in money as well as time) did so initially based on what are as yet unfulfilled promises. The failure of MA to meet those promises in full would be forgivable as plans and actions in a dynamic environment often fail to align..But to ignore the promises completely, to break and not fix things already in space and on ships is frankly fraud.
MA have said they are working on space, lets hope this time they can not just improve it for those of us that are already willing users as opposed to the 'I don't want to go there' brigade, but they also add content that will persuade many sceptics of it's validity as part of EU, and an exciting, interesting and vibrant part of the game.
My wishes may be over optimistic, but that doesn't make me a fool, as only a fool has no imagination and enthusiasm for change. Like in many things, I wish for the best, expect the worst but hope that between these is a workable compromise.

Travel between planets in ANY Universe is via space in a space ship for even if you miraculously had space teleporters (star trek style) they are short distance, and would likely be too small or too expensive to be used as Cargo moving devices (otherwise why all the exploration ships to known planets and also cargo ships in Star Trek)

Many current space players (not incidental travellers) enjoy space, they enjoy either the full on PVP or the challenge of navigating space including the problem areas near the SS, while avoiding pirates. Hell I have even had fun dragging a pirate the full width of space, just because I could. Hesitate, move hesitate, make sure you have their attention.. then go for it. With careful flying keep them just out of distance.. sadly space is a box and I hit the edge eventually, and by that time had had my fun, so let them waste ped to kill me and give me skills, died revived at an SS, repped up (skills) and went to play on nearest planet. Had fun..you betcha. Worth the few ped of fuel..yep for their frustration alone was worth every pec.
I have also smuggled across space literally thousands of times, been caught with tiny amounts as far as I remember 3 times.. yes it is a risk, yes it is a gamble, what in this game isn't ? But fun...Hell Yeh, A buzz Oh Yeh for sure. Oh dear did I just tell the pirates I carry...oops another target circle on my back.. oh well.. guess they now need to work out when I carry, if I carry or if this is just bait :)

Add to this PVP fighting for those that wish to and space needn't be boring even for those that can't afford / don't want a bigger ship.

Space is not for the few and irrelevant, it is a wasted opportunity for MA to revitalise the game, to maybe bring in more players. In many ways improving space may do that better than the usual content release for planets... seriously how much does a new player care that 3 mobs have been re-textured (they never saw the old texture anyway) more missions to grind, just like all the others but with a different mob.. how does that retain players.. far too much new content is just re-hashed old content.
Space offers the opportunity for something different.. space mining, space transport missions, interesting new mobs, some bosses that would need ships to co-operate to kill, maybe some safe routes but tricky to navigate, better flight dynamics, better balance of speed / weapon range / defence across the various vessels. Introduction of cargo ships maybe that would need to either smuggle discretely or move in convoy with protection from capital ships

Now before you start typing that I only think this because I own a spaceship... think on this
I was in space for years before I bought anything bigger than a quad.
I still do many many more space journeys in my quad than in my MS as that is usually busy elsewhere.
So my love of space is what led me to invest and to hope for the future of space. Not a fixation on grimly holding on to an investment.
I am sure this is true for many others also.. oh and by the way the regular users of space (the willing ones) are far more numerous than you think, they number in the thousands, and yes I can back that up. Add to those the ones that will return when MA gets around to it, and we are talking a very large percentage of players even before we attract anyone else to come join us. There may not be thousands of us in space at any given moment but then there are planets where that is true also. But in any week.. then yes thousands of individual players, the vast majority of which are not ship owners.

TLDR; "Sick and tired sick and tired", Hypocrisy, chest beating, delusional bullshit and a few good ideas

Are you for real?

"Sick and tired of every post turning into a PVP catfight"
Wheres the pvp catfight? Theres literally more of that in your own post than this entire thread. You sit there all smug talking about how you dragged a pirate around. They looted you three times but ooooh you escaped THOUSANDS of times. Shut up with your holier than thou shit. Jesus the hypocrisy. Get a mirror.

"Travel between planets in ANY Universe is via space in a space ship for even if you miraculously had space teleporters (star trek style) they are short distance, and would likely be too small or too expensive to be used as Cargo moving devices (otherwise why all the exploration ships to known planets and also cargo ships in Star Trek)"
What?????? So because it doesnt exist in Star Trek then that goes for literally any sci-fi imaginable? You really are in your own world arent you. This is so dumb I almost feel bad for pointing it out. Bordering to embarressing really.
But its better to help someone than to chop them down so go ahead and watch Star Gate, a show centered about a literal teleport, planet side, to different galaxies/planets/whatever.
Guess now that theres a sci-fi show that has this concept its all clear right? According to your logic?? Because god forbid MA or anyone making suggestions take their own Sci-fi liberties!!!!

All your ACTUAL ideas sounded pretty neat though. I really hope MA is here with a shovel to dig through all your bullshit to get to these genuine good suggestions. Who ever spoonfed you those deserve a cookie.

"oh and by the way the regular users of space (the willing ones) are far more numerous than you think, they number in the thousands, and yes I can back that up."
Okay then, go ahead. Back that statement up. Show me THOUSANDS of space dwellers that spend their majority of the time in space. Having someone added to your mothership for warps hardly count.
Also while you're at it:

"and we are talking a very large percentage of players even before we attract anyone else to come join us."
Oh really? Thats great! How about you tell us the total number of players in this game. Since thats clearly knowledge you possess given that you are able to extrapolate the percentage! Because you're obviously not talking out of your own ass right? You can back all of this up ofcourse! So go ahead, back it up! Looking forward to see your hard facts backed up by genuine statistics!

You know what I'm sick and tired of?
People just spewing out random bullshit, from things like this to the wildest untested, unsubstantiated theories about ANYTHING, from loot to conspiracies. It is hurting the game. You are talking about newer players joining? Newer players join everyday, they then go to this forum to try learn but its next to impossible for them to learn anything because its filled with garbage.

The point is... Space has been and needs to be a part of this game. It is a GIANT missed opportunity for MA and one can only hope they are recognising that, and actually plan to improve it.

It is annoying when people say "just get rid of space". One of the main points of this game is that there are different planets. To have different planets... you sorta have to have space. Also, just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others don't. Personally, I find most of the planets annoying and arguably way more broken than space is. Empty buildings, pointless NPCs, terrain that doesn't make sense, mission terminals that are incorrect... I mean you can keep going. But, no one is saying to get rid of the planets.

If you can't hang in space (which is why most people don't like it) then don't go. Or, pay someone to fly you. But, it's a part of the game, and could be an amazing part of the game if MA would ever fulfill even 1/4th of the things they have talked about doing in space.

Are you for real?

Wheres the pvp catfight? Theres literally more of that in your own post than this entire thread. You sit there all smug talking about how you dragged a pirate around. They looted you three times but ooooh you escaped THOUSANDS of times. Shut up with your holier than thou shit. Jesus the hypocrisy. Get a mirror.

"Travel between planets in ANY Universe is via space in a space ship for even if you miraculously had space teleporters (star trek style) they are short distance, and would likely be too small or too expensive to be used as Cargo moving devices (otherwise why all the exploration ships to known planets and also cargo ships in Star Trek)"
What?????? So because it doesnt exist in Star Trek then that goes for literally any sci-fi imaginable? You really are in your own world arent you. This is so dumb I almost feel bad for pointing it out. Bordering to embarressing really.
But its better to help someone than to chop them down so go ahead and watch Star Gate, a show centered about a literal teleport, planet side, to different galaxies/planets/whatever.
Guess now that theres a sci-fi show that has this concept its all clear right? According to your logic?? Because god forbid MA or anyone making suggestions take their own Sci-fi liberties!!!!

All your ACTUAL ideas sounded pretty neat though. I really hope MA is here with a shovel to dig through all your bullshit to get to these genuine good suggestions. Who ever spoonfed you those deserve a cookie.

"oh and by the way the regular users of space (the willing ones) are far more numerous than you think, they number in the thousands, and yes I can back that up."
Okay then, go ahead. Back that statement up. Show me THOUSANDS of space dwellers that spend their majority of the time in space. Having someone added to your mothership for warps hardly count.
Also while you're at it:

"and we are talking a very large percentage of players even before we attract anyone else to come join us."
Oh really? Thats great! How about you tell us the total number of players in this game. Since thats clearly knowledge you possess given that you are able to extrapolate the percentage! Because you're obviously not talking out of your own ass right? You can back all of this up ofcourse! So go ahead, back it up! Looking forward to see your hard facts backed up by genuine statistics!

People just spewing out random bullshit, from things like this to the wildest untested, unsubstantiated theories about ANYTHING, from loot to conspiracies. It is hurting the game. You are talking about newer players joining? Newer players join everyday, they then go to this forum to try learn but its next to impossible for them to learn anything because its filled with garbage.

Are you for real?

Also while you're at it:

A perfect example of what I was talking about.. not a conversation, not a rational adult reply but lets lay it on with the insults. I am not feeling 'Holier than Thou' to you or anyone else the examples I gave were just that, examples of how space can be fun.. it's not like I was recommending everyone should go do it.
My use of star trek was purely as an analogy, tbh I haven't the time to consider all other hypothetical space scenarios as suggested in a multitude of sci-fi stories/movies/games. Foolish of me maybe but my limited knowledge of physics does lead me to believe that distance would be an issue if non vehicle transport were ever invented.. why? because the further that stream of atoms has to travel the greater the risk it will be damaged by interaction with other atomic particles on route. Now I appreciate you and others may feel that a fantasy game need have no relevance to RL physics, but I am one of those that would like to see at least a nod to science along the way.
That doesn't make me wrong, it doesn't make me better or worse than others.. it is just my preference.

By your response it seems that if I have an opinion I should keep it to myself unless it totally aligns with yours,
If I have a good idea then it must be someone else feeding me ideas
If I say I have proof then I must be a liar

This is a forum where people are supposed to be able to converse, not somewhere that only the loudest, rudest folk may dominate.

Now down to numbers.. on MS Kronan I have approximately 350 current crew on the guest list.. this was recently weeded out to those known to be currently active and does not include our warp customers who are removed from the list after each days flights. The list is ever evolving, some come and stay for weeks, months, others have been on the crew for years. This does not mean that they are there all day every day, any more than others in game only hunt, only mine or only trade ad infinitum. Over the years I have held the Kronan I have had literally thousands of players on our crew.. many of them re-appear after a break planetside.. and a change of pace/activity At a rough estimate I would say we have in the order of 1000 crew per annum (and no I am not going to waste time counting them for you), I have owned the ship almost 6 years... do the math..
Kronan is but one ship of many and by no means the only active ship and crew...so yeh there are thousands who have an interest in space. I did say in my post 'the regular users of space' not as you misquoted 'THOUSANDS of space dwellers'.
If we were to say how many people played on Calypso last year.. would you only count those that never set foot off the planet.. no matter how much or little they played, or would you include the players that come and go, and quite possibly spend more and do more.. ? If the later then why should that same come and go not apply to space also.

as for my not having a clue.. I think it is fair to say I have a lot of experience in space, and have been in one way or another operational in space since the outset. I not only own the Kronan but am a co-investor in other ships and have pilot rights on them. I do VIP flights, VSE skill runs, daily scheduled warps and yes I mean daily with very few exceptions for over 5 years, also space hunting, mess with the pirates..tho tbh not a great shot, but others in our crew are. Yet do I dwell in space..hell no.. it is just part of the game, and as such takes part of my time. It does not however mean I lack experience or the right to an opinion.. just as you are entitled to yours without me calling you names and belittling your knowledge and experience. Though I have to admit I am curious as to how much time you have spent in space and what you have done there over the years. Just so I can understand where you are coming from.

Last edited:
Im going to keep this short because frankly this is going nowhere but it would be rude to leave this unreplied:

xxPriestxx:
I agree with all of it. My main issue was that the more space enthuastic loudmouths tend to inflate and exaggerate things as soon as space is mentioned. And it really bothers me when missinformation is being spread. I too think space should be developed.

The reason some people say "Get rid of space" is becasue its not a core part of their ideal Entropia Universe. Simple as that. I, and clearly you, dont agree. Which is fine but to come out and call someone narrow minded for their opinion or get up on their high horse claiming wild shit is just stupid and the latter straight up confusing/"dangerous" for a new player coming here to learn.

Granny Rowan:
"Not a conversation" as soon as faced with someone calling you out? Yea, thats a simple and deflective way to not have to own up to your own twisted words.

No you used Star Trek as some kind of bench mark because it fitted your agenda. And if you really want to be scientific about things then maybe you should spend some time reading up instead of doing your best "flat earther"spirited response with "If I dont understand/know it then it must not be". Atoms dont need to travel a long distance in order to appear somewhere else far away. Its called bending space. Very fascinating and its usually what fantasy teleports are based on by the way. So there, theres your anchor to reality. You're welcome.

You claiming to have proof, that "proof" is at best hearsay. But I will leave that as I cant disprove it anyway. Lets talk about your numbers. 450 people who had any activity in Kronan past ~~~ part. Fine, lets assume that number is right. Just because theres been some repairers wanting to BPC before returning doesnt make them passionate about space.

You're right, you did not use the word "space dwellers" you were talking about people willing and enthuastic about space. My bad. And then you pull out a claimed 450 people invited list to your ship. Many which are repairers Im willing to bet.

You asked me how I'd classify a person. Pretty arbitrary and none important question since I'm not the one making claims of peoples preferred way to play the game but I'll anwer. As an example: I'd call someone a Calypso based player if he spends most of his time on Calypso.

What happened to the total number of players in the game? Since you claimed to have a percentage how big these 450 people are. Im really curious about a factual non-entropialife based number! Since you OBVIOUSLY know given how you boldly were able claim a BIG portion of the player base are space enthusiasts.

A personal tip to you. Manipulations works best in closed groups. If you want to try talk people over with pseudo-made up facts and claims its better to do that in private because in public theres probably someone who'll call you out and you'll be stuck flailing your arms around like this.

This will be my last post to the matter, I will read your reply and reflect over it. If you want to persue this further feel free to message me. I do hope however that your next reply will give me a precise number of the playerbase since you clearly possess that information!

not sure where you get 450 from.. and why you seize on it as if that were my total guest list ever when I clearly state..current crew. You only read what you want to read, you throw accusations about with total abandon, then call others stupid.. I am done there is no reasoning with the unreasonable.

dc0661cfb308e3d978496f460e3f014c7e624c85239fbe6b96dab69fbd0c2713.jpg

A personal tip to you. Manipulations works best in closed groups. If you want to try talk people over with pseudo-made up facts and claims its better to do that in private because in public theres probably someone who'll call you out and you'll be stuck flailing your arms around like this.

This will be my last post to the matter, I will read your reply and reflect over it. If you want to persue this further feel free to message me. I do hope however that your next reply will give me a precise number of the playerbase since you clearly possess that information!

So far the only one with pseudo made up facts/assumptions is you Granny knows actual players and moves them through space - as do i - many thousand different ones over the years have been traveling with us and/or been part of our crews. From you on the other hand i only hear insults towards other people in this thread to which you seem to either have a strong bias or personal hate relationship i will leave that to others to decide.
Maybe a good time to get back ontopic :)

Please fix space so people can fight out their differences there in fair battles instead of having to use a forum for it... ;)

Last edited:
Yea I jumped on the "Money" part becasue one would HOPE that if you spent all that time in space you would have enjoyed it. Thus that "INVESTMENT" would have already paid off continously. But yea I understand you're grasping at straws.

Their feedback is of the game as whole, and in their opinion they feel the game would be better without that specific part of it. Simple as that. But its YOUR narrow mindedness which seem entirely consumed by "Space" that if someone wants to remove that they essentially want to remove the whole game, because the game is largely "space" to you. But you cant imagine their point of view, pretty narrow minded.

Hey brainiac. If you going to look things up and pretend to be clever then it would help you to understand the definition too.

"
space
/speɪs/
noun
noun: space

a continuous area or expanse which is free, available, or unoccupied.
the dimensions of height, depth, and width within which all things exist and move."

Wow would you look at that. It would appear space is everywhere! You can enjoy it planetside too then! Woooo :dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

Anyways, I hope they hurry up with the space updates to not only shut up these space-crybabies but because Im actually looking forward to a more vibrant space. And I think alot more people would like space if the promised space updates would happen too because it would make Space into something more than either:
a. Here you go waste 30 minutes flying or spend 25 ped to enjoy the game content you want.
b. Heres a punch to the face for forgetting to store your stackables.

Thats probably why people dislike space. As of now its only bad experiences. But that could change with more content.

This is attached to each VU when MA releases it, good advice :)

If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

maybe instead of deleting space you should just log out and wait for it to be done lolz

Back