can we expect space fixes, ever?

One of my shadows who loves to give me neg reps on just about every post I make. But runs crying to moderators if I do the same to him.

04-02-2019 13:05
Sionkiewicz
Thread: can we expect space fixes, ever?
Unneeded.. You really should try to be nicer.

For what its worth Sionkiewicz that pic I posted was not being nasty - actually I was getting confused by opposing viewpoints in this thread - they both cant be right surely?

How about growing a pair & actually making a public post if you felt I was not being "nice".
Though what's the bet you will be off sobbing to the moderators about this post to get it deleted.

... that pic I posted was not being nasty - actually I was getting confused by opposing viewpoints in this thread - they both cant be right surely?
It may be that alpha mentalities are more afraid of uncertainty than most - and that picture of honesty about feeling helpless in some way is explosive for various reasons. Some of it has to do with mirrors and directions of perception when people look outwardly or inwardly, but also with the topic of manipulation itself. Lots of people successfully deceive even themselves imho.

Anyway, as far as the thread goes, there are people for whom space plays an important role. I think there are lots of people around who actively dislike space because they have to go through it from area to area, rather than knowing nothing at all and ignoring it completely, as may be the case for destinations they never visit. They would actively prefer it to be gone because it is a pain for them, but that doesn't mean they know what goes on in space as a whole.
MA really COULD improve things massively with various changes suggested repeatedly over the years - some of them pretty simple. Most are not bug fixes, they are fixing features by making changes. It's a shame MA is taking so very long to try some of them.

It may be that alpha mentalities are more afraid of uncertainty than most - and that picture of honesty about feeling helpless in some way is explosive for various reasons. Some of it has to do with mirrors and directions of perception when people look outwardly or inwardly, but also with the topic of manipulation itself. Lots of people successfully deceive even themselves imho.

Anyway, as far as the thread goes, there are people for whom space plays an important role. I think there are lots of people around who actively dislike space because they have to go through it from area to area, rather than knowing nothing at all and ignoring it completely, as may be the case for destinations they never visit. They would actively prefer it to be gone because it is a pain for them, but that doesn't mean they know what goes on in space as a whole.
MA really COULD improve things massively with various changes suggested repeatedly over the years - some of them pretty simple. Most are not bug fixes, they are fixing features by making changes. It's a shame MA is taking so very long to try some of them.

Its the wierdest thing, when they released space they stated it was in beta with many changes still to come - everyone would have expected that things change till they are balanced out - those changes never happened, no experimenting with tweaking a little here or there - just a static never changing void. We really need a space update - the stagnation of space development has impacted players expectations towards space massively - on both sides (the ones who want to get rid of everything and the ones who want lots of improvements).

One of my shadows who loves to give me neg reps on just about every post I make. But runs crying to moderators if I do the same to him.

04-02-2019 13:05
Sionkiewicz
Thread: can we expect space fixes, ever?
Unneeded.. You really should try to be nicer.

For what its worth Sionkiewicz that pic I posted was not being nasty - actually I was getting confused by opposing viewpoints in this thread - they both cant be right surely?

How about growing a pair & actually making a public post if you felt I was not being "nice".
Though what's the bet you will be off sobbing to the moderators about this post to get it deleted.

Because, you have me on ignore.. :wise:

Its the wierdest thing, when they released space they stated it was in beta with many changes still to come - everyone would have expected that things change till they are balanced out - those changes never happened, no experimenting with tweaking a little here or there - just a static never changing void. We really need a space update - the stagnation of space development has impacted players expectations towards space massively - on both sides (the ones who want to get rid of everything and the ones who want lots of improvements).

That seems to be MA's tactic

Leak or share "idea's for changes"... release item(s) purchased directly from MA that could be tied into said idea's for changes... then walk away with the money to start some new speculation to release more items, to walk away and repeat.

some examples involving space are motherships, starfinder/pathfinders upon spaces release. Promised shields, missiles, other stuff that has never come about, or been worked on even a little.

Equus were released just after talk of a delivery mission being created, also AH delivery fee's that go directly into MA's pocket that was supposed to be funding for delivery missions... naturally pitching it as a part of a delivery mission was a good way to get capital ship owners onboard, since it hints that they could make off of it in the long run since it is obviously going to cost them customers immediately. Also equuses sold like hot cakes because of the speculation, and now that it's gone the path of CONpet, their value has fallen to about 80% of their original value when sold from MA to players.

Almost every year space was mentioned as "the next project" naturally spending in space would increase in the form of people leveling gunner, captan, VSE, and SI upgrades.

For anyone that hasn't hunted in space, it's returns are noticeably way way way way worse long term returns then anything on planets. Additionally there are no missions.

Hope MA read this... :nutkick:

Last edited:
Ugh. Honestly, when I stop and think about this it really annoys me. I hate this thread and I hope someone at MA is paying attention.

Do you guys honestly not realize how much "more" money you could be making by leveraging some of the things talked about here? Have your economist give it a whirl....

That seems to be MA's tactic

Leak or share "idea's for changes"... release item(s) purchased directly from MA that could be tied into said idea's for changes... then walk away with the money to start some new speculation to release more items, to walk away and repeat.

some examples involving space are motherships, starfinder/pathfinders upon spaces release. Promised shields, missiles, other stuff that has never come about, or been worked on even a little.

Equus were released just after talk of a delivery mission being created, also AH delivery fee's that go directly into MA's pocket that was supposed to be funding for delivery missions... naturally pitching it as a part of a delivery mission was a good way to get capital ship owners onboard, since it hints that they could make off of it in the long run since it is obviously going to cost them customers immediately. Also equuses sold like hot cakes because of the speculation, and now that it's gone the path of CONpet, their value has fallen to about 80% of their original value when sold from MA to players.

Almost every year space was mentioned as "the next project" naturally spending in space would increase in the form of people leveling gunner, captan, VSE, and SI upgrades.

For anyone that hasn't hunted in space, it's returns are noticeably way way way way worse long term returns then anything on planets. Additionally there are no missions.

Hope MA read this... :nutkick:

Space has a vibrant active and very dedicated community, who work tirelessly providing services and investing heavily to create the best transport and skilling options possible.

Yes it’s an under utilised resource which has huge potential waiting to be tapped into with the right development, but threads like these with the theme of “I don’t like it so shut it down” are not only incredibly narrow minded, but rub salt in the wounds of those who live and play in space.

There are countless threads on what could be done with space, MA has answered in the AMA that they are aware it needs work and plan to do so. Constructive feedback and highlighting that space fixes are a priority are always welcome, but getting rid of space meanwhile is just ridiculous.

Edit to add. I appreciate the ops theme was not to shut it down, but highlight the issues he has found.

From a design perspective there's a really simple fix. Rather than either shutting space down or foisting it on the rest of us, just make space optional. No, I mean truly optional, as in you go to space for its own sake, not just because it's between you and your objective. There's nothing better than voluntary participation.

It's true, space for its own sake offers very few rewards. This doesn't make those few rewards any less appealing. What if space were just another zone one could transfer into, just like any other planet? Would you enjoy sharing the play offered by space with other enthusiastic competitors instead of us current gripe-laden lot?

I know the only reason I've not yet hunted dropships is too many things to do, too little time. One contributor to that reality is the time consumed in travel between planets and in covering that travel's expenses. I'm just another 30something solo hunter, but I think my reality is typical: farm daily tokens on Calypso to 200, then turn in Monria's crafting daily, then peck at Arkadia's daily and if there's any time left over, hit Bahri or Haters. I only wish I had the time to play with some Crystal Pedes. And Dropships come after all of that...

tl;dr: Why not make Space its own zone, like a planet, and let it attract participation on its own strong and (for now) few merits? Then you spaceheads would have the joy of playing with and against equally enthusiastic participants. Then motherships might actually mean something. Like they were supposed to.

Anyways, I hope they hurry up with the space updates to not only shut up these space-crybabies but because Im actually looking forward to a more vibrant space. And I think alot more people would like space if the promised space updates would happen too because it would make Space into something more than either:
a. Here you go waste 30 minutes flying or spend 25 ped to enjoy the game content you want.
b. Heres a punch to the face for forgetting to store your stackables.

Thats probably why people dislike space. As of now its only bad experiences. But that could change with more content.
c. Due to Caly SS being a junkyard, trying to load into Space crashes me to the desktop. Best of luck spawning in on a mothership, it could conceivably work.

A perfect example of what I was talking about.. not a conversation, not a rational adult reply but lets lay it on with the insults. I am not feeling 'Holier than Thou' to you or anyone else the examples I gave were just that, examples of how space can be fun.. it's not like I was recommending everyone should go do it.
My use of star trek was purely as an analogy, tbh I haven't the time to consider all other hypothetical space scenarios as suggested in a multitude of sci-fi stories/movies/games. Foolish of me maybe but my limited knowledge of physics does lead me to believe that distance would be an issue if non vehicle transport were ever invented.. why? because the further that stream of atoms has to travel the greater the risk it will be damaged by interaction with other atomic particles on route. Now I appreciate you and others may feel that a fantasy game need have no relevance to RL physics, but I am one of those that would like to see at least a nod to science along the way.
That doesn't make me wrong, it doesn't make me better or worse than others.. it is just my preference.

By your response it seems that if I have an opinion I should keep it to myself unless it totally aligns with yours,
If I have a good idea then it must be someone else feeding me ideas
If I say I have proof then I must be a liar

This is a forum where people are supposed to be able to converse, not somewhere that only the loudest, rudest folk may dominate.

I stopped bothering to read Tiny's posts a while back :rolleyes::tapfinger

when flying from rt to caly or vice versa, there's frequent disconnects, i guess at the server border?, and then got to start the flight over again but from monria space station.

Back