Will MA ever run their own game?? Or is it up to passionate players only

The Abomb

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
A couple quick thoughts and something I want to bring up as this game marches on with new VU's and hopefully going toward a fun new future....

Why is it up to players doing everything as passion projects to try and bring us the game we need/deserve? I am talking about Entropia Life, Chipping optimizer, Wiki, Weapon compare etc...etc...

First my hats off to these amazing players doing these passion projects to give us the game we deserve but when will MA actually take over and do it themselves? It is their game, right?

The time has come for the Devs of this game to actually put in work and increase the player growth and continue on with better transparency. Which would mean for them to operate these features like EL themselves instead of relying on 3rd parties to do all the work, THEY SHOULD BE DOING.

I wonder what the top 100 hunters list would look like if everything was actually tracked. About 90% of my globals aren't tracked. I am globaling like crazy on cyrene but you wouldn't know it :D Isn't it time for MA to actually take over EL and have everything tracked since day 1 when you create a character. I mean they have that capability already as they keep a close eye on everything on their end. So why not just implement it and make it public for the players!!

We know they track everything because during the "loot is claimed by someone else" fun we could send in a ticket and get the ped back we lost on a mob we didn't even loot. MA has the ability to give us a perfect global tracker with crystal clear transparency of what is going on in the game and on each planet. ( perhaps why they don't do it, they don't want other planets to look good?) Conspiracy theory there I know.

I just feel like Planet partners and MA are fighting with each other instead of helping each other give us the best game possible. Hey it's just what I feel from playing this game. Kinda think MA wants other planets to fail so maybe no tracker keeps Caly looking great? Who knows but before I ramble. The players Deposit, do the work and develop 3rd party programs that MA should have in place already. The players run the game and well the game could use some love by the people that are actually supposed to be running it, MA!

Again respect to the players that passionately give us a better game to play. Also while the recent VU's aren't well received, again thanks MA for implementing changes and trying to improve. However massive work needs to be done still on MA's part. Space update, taking over all 3rd party programs and having them as part of the game and actually trying to bring in more players instead of drive them away.

Just some thoughts and would like for MA being involved in the game instead of relying on the depositing players to do all their work for them. It isn't how you have good growth in a game. It's 2019 and new players aren't going to stick around when they find that out. That just isn't the gamer mentality these days. Would like for MA to adapt instead of slowly die in a new age of gaming because I do love playing this game.

Have a great week!

Abomb

Last edited:
Why is it up to players doing everything as passion projects to try and bring us the game we need/deserve? I am talking about Entropia Life, Chipping optimizer, Wiki, Weapon compare etc...etc...

Free stuff for MA is good for them & if they were to do those projects alone it would end up 100% same like compet and deeptoken. Broken, abandoned, derailed.

when will MA actually take over and do it themselves?

somwhere in next 16 years

It is their game, right?

ummm, you SEE, nobody really knows, who owns planet calypso, who owns entropia platfor, planet partners etc, it's easy to get lost.

The time has come for the Devs of this game to actually put in work and increase the player growth and continue on with better transparency. Which would mean for them to operate these features like EL themselves instead of relying on 3rd parties to do all the work.

Dream on.

I wonder what the top 100 hunters list would look like if everything was actually tracked.

99 accounts operated from bucharest, romania and 100th grits smilgs trying to loot some items.

I just feel like Planet partners and MA are fighting with each other instead of helping each other give us the best game possible.

Ask yourself why there is no free interplanetary auction system and why all events happen on caly.

Would like for MA to adapt instead of slowly die in a new age of gaming because I do love playing this game.

*a$$ licking mode on* no, you adapt! or die! MA is perfect, you suck at gaming, Sweden Yes! *a$$ licking mode off*

Have a great week!

Well, you too.

*a$$ licking mode on* no, you adapt! or die! MA is perfect, you suck at gaming, Sweden Yes! *a$$ licking mode off*

Overall an entertaining post but on a serious note. The gaming industry is a business. Entropia is MA's business. It is up to any business to adapt to what the consumer needs. If it doesn't then that business just goes away. It is never about the customer adapting, especially in the gaming industry. There are just other games to play, and will be played instead of this one. This business model needs to be discussed and changes made to improve the game each year. Would love the active hunter list to go from 3-4k every year and actually see 10k hunters or 20k hunters etc.. etc... That should be MA goal as a business. They did stress test the servers incase we have growth. So why not actually try and get more players ;)

It makes no sense for MA to take over these community projects and run them themselves. For MANY reasons.
Main reason is tht very few use all these. Then, how do you figure this could work? Let's say you come up with a project, a tracker tool. You start develop it. At which point should MA take over your project and integrate/implement it? At that point you've already put a lot of work into it, would it be fair to you? Maybe you want to run some ads on your project.
Then, which of the community projects should they be taking over? How should they be doing that?

I'm in favor of some more statistics, but some won't do good to the game as it would take out from the competitive part. Wiki should stay 100% player controlled. Kudos for those who put a lot of work and time in it!

The fact that Cyrene globals are not tracked it's.. Cyrene's fault. They should be running a few laptops with the tracker running, 24/7. I would do that...

My opinion is that MA's time is better spent developing the product and not focus much on the community projects. There are many great community projects but they should stay community projects, they are none of MA's business. It's enough that they link some of the projects in their client loader.

The fact that Cyrene globals are not tracked it's.. Cyrene's fault. They should be running a few laptops with the tracker running, 24/7. I would do that...

No it sure isn't Cyrene's fault. It isn't Toulan's fault or Rocktropia fault or Next Islands fault. It is MA's fault as the overseer on this game and impression they make. Planet partners are not soley responsible for what they do and MA has to approve everything since they make up "PART" of their business. They need to work with planet partners to give the best final version of this game. A failure by a Planet partner, is a failure by MA, as they represent MA as part of their business!! That is the only way to look at it.

Again it involves everyone working together to bring about a better game, ON EVERY PLANET! Not passing blame of "It's so and so fault". If a planet fails, part of the game fails and MA fails. It's just that simple! That is business and gaming.

Last edited:
The gaming industry is a business. Entropia is MA's business. It is up to any business to adapt to what the consumer needs. If it doesn't then that business just goes away. It is never about the customer adapting, especially in the gaming industry. There are just other games to play, and will be played instead of this one.

Then go play them. Don't adapt to MA changes. I did that and I like it.

If you play actively after VU 16 it means you have already adapted.

So why not actually try and get more players ;)

To get more players you need your game to be well advertised, well designed, competitive, free from bugs and with well balanced cost to play.

It does not sound like EU. EU is the opposite of good. And MA has no plan to change it. They changed camera stuff. Silly things MA do, they change what we do not ask to be changed and give a crap about things we want to be done.

Vote with your wallet if you want a change.

My opinion is that MA's time is better spent developing the product and not focus much on the community projects. There are many great community projects but they should stay community projects, they are none of MA's business. It's enough that they link some of the projects in their client loader.

I agree. The community and the passion they have for it makes this game great. Not every tool, service or project needs to be centralised under the company. :cool:

MA should give us a good API for our apps/services and leave it at that. Would cost them and us zero in maintenance too.

This too.

Then go play them.

To get more players you need your game to be well advertised, well designed, competitive, free from bugs and with well balanced cost to play.

It does not sound like EU. EU is the opposite of good. And MA has no plan to change it.

I do play other games but the conversation is this game. I want this game to do well, is that okay? I stick around here because I had fun and hopefully there is still potential to have more fun for years to come. You just stated the reasons why I made this thread because it would be nice if the game was advertised, well designed, competitive and free from bugs with a well balanced cost to play. That should be EU. We hopefully can make positive threads making that the EU of the future and for actual change to take place.

Maybe I am an optimist or maybe if there is a problem we should just discuss it and fix it? :scratch2:

Either way hope the upcoming VU's can be more improvements, there can be more on the part of if something doesn't work well then MA is accountable for it and attempts to fix it in a reasonable time. Maybe we will have even better communication moving forward who knows. However someone needs to be at the Helm of this ship instead of everyone being like Im not driving and random people taking the wheel in the absence of a captain.

MA should give us a good API for our apps/services and leave it at that. Would cost them and us zero in maintenance too.

occams razor?

i believe MA is taking over entropia wiki. i agree with your idea, abomb, but i think evey missed the point. I also think MA could implement these ideas not neccesarily take over the projects. i also posted this idea in the AMA somewhere and i wonder if MA has any feedback(for us) on this.

the passion is a useable resource that i hope MA can utilize. there's literally hundreds of ways they could do this and thousands of intelligent, passionate and dedicated people that WANT to help. they could save millions of dollars and make billions of peds all they need here is a structure and a plan. crowdsourcing is a thing.

No it sure isn't Cyrene's fault. It isn't Toulan's fault or Rocktropia fault or Next Islands fault. It is MA's fault as the overseer on this game and impression they make. Planet partners are not soley responsible for what they do and MA has to approve everything since they make up "PART" of their business. They need to work with planet partners to give the best final version of this game. A failure by a Planet partner, is a failure by MA, as they represent MA as part of their business!! That is the only way to look at it.

Again it involves everyone working together to bring about a better game, ON EVERY PLANET! Not passing blame of "It's so and so fault". If a planet fails, part of the game fails and MA fails. It's just that simple! That is business and gaming.

While I agree that everyone should contribute and try to do their best of their abilities, let me give you two facts to consider.

1. Regular players of Cyrene have often said that sadly their globals aren't tracked. Cyrene could fix this forever with 2-4 runnign laptops.

2. Monria made NPCs with the looks of their most loyal players as a sign of appreciation.

I like Cyrene, tracked globals doesn't mean that much to me, but cyrene could go an extra mile and do that little thing for their players.

but cyrene could go an extra mile and do that little thing for their players.

MA could go the extra mile and give us a better finished product. It is their game and think you are missing the point.

occams razor?

i believe MA is taking over entropia wiki. i agree with your idea, abomb, but i think evey missed the point.

No, I think you missed mine.
I've said in the past I'm a fan of statistics and advanced analytics and I would like to have some integrated in the game.
But you see, as a player, using these community tools makes you a better player, gives you an edge, after all, this is a competitie game. And edge that is lost if you give EVERYTHING to players. And in this game if you can't get an edge, it's not much of a game left. That includes these tools too. The game would be totally different if the players had every information on a plate. Maybe it wouldn't even exist anymore... so you see, it's complicated.

MA could go the extra mile and give us a better finished product.

NO ONE can ever argue with that. There are a gazillion things to be improved. There are billions of things to do before this game could be a 100-million-players-a-day game.

But, if a player would have an initiative and offer a cake for every person that gets an ATH, would you then blame on MA they don't do catering services for players that get ATHs?

NO ONE can ever argue with that. There are a gazillion things to be improved. There are billions of things to do before this game could be a 100-million-players-a-day game.

But, if a player would have an initiative and offer a cake for every person that gets an ATH, would you then blame on MA they don't do catering services for players that get ATHs?

I want some damn cake. ( just kidding )

My thoughts are in alignment with a bit of all.

First of all, I believe it is more of the Planet Partner side to entice players to make the trip to their planets and moons.
You can read the wiki up and down till you are blue in the face but seeing Monria's offer of 9 PED globals will not get folks to jump in and go
Second of all, Cyrene has so many broken mission chains and bugs it is very frustrating to start one only to find out that your effort to finish mission is screwed.

Basically, it really is in PP's hands to design their planet to be something that is worth jumping in a quad or MS and flying there.

Mindark has enough on their hands to finish their issues/bugs as well as PP's to finish and fix theirs, nobody can do it for them.

Just my 2 pecs.

Last edited:
My thoughts are in alignment with a bit of all.

First of all, I believe it is more of the Planet Partner side to entice players to make the trip to their planets and moons.
You can read the wiki up and down till you are blue in the face but seeing Monria's offer of 9 PED globals will not get folks to jump in and go
Second of all, Cyrene has so many broken mission chains and bugs it is very frustrating to start one only to find out that your effort to finish mission is screwed.

Basically, it really is in PP's hands to design their planet to be something that is worth jumping in a quad or MS and flying there.

Mindark has enough on their hands to finish their issues/bugs as well as PP's to finish and fix theirs, nobody can do it for them.

Just my 2 pecs.

Yes and No on it being on the PP for bringing people to that planet. It is up to MA to provide everything the PP need to help increase the overall health of the game and run smoothly. How much does MA do this?

Example - Been waiting on Harvestable Tree's on Cyrene and the Cyrene Devs are waiting on MA because there was a problem implementing them. The project is ready to go and there are 4 types of trees to be harvested but Cyrene is waiting on MA. This is an MA issue. Like most issues.

Being that I am a big harvester it was something I requested to keep me on Cyrene more instead of having to leave planet to harvest. So it isn't up to Cyrene to keep me there because MA isn't helping them keep people on their planet.

Lets also not forget RT and it's pesky beach crabs that brought tons of players to RT to hunt them but MA then was like "Hey cut that out"! Now they have 600 hp and no one does them. RT put in something that brought people to RT. MA said no dice and stopped it. Who is helping who? Just a question. So is it up to the planet partners to bring people to the planet? Do they have that ability? Yes and No. The PP can come up with great ideas to attract people but in the end MA decides and is the hold up on implementation and if it stays or goes.

Again the Planet Partners are part of MA's business and each planet should be helping the overall game thrive, which means MA should be trying it's best to make sure each PP is operating smoothly. It's part of them. Instead we have this (competition between planets) which isn't healthy for the overall game. The overall game remains the same instead of meaningful changes being pushed through or worked on.

Granted the recent VU and planetary changes that happened were a big step in the right direction. Things like NI weapons being amped and a plethora of other changes across the Universe. VU's like this should be a common thing. The discussion between MA and PP should be transparent and time stamps on when X will be accomplished.

However sometimes the PP gets blamed when really it's still a failure on MA's part. This gets back to the topic will MA ever run their own game or let everyone think it is the PP's fault or rely on passionate players to advertise by streaming and doing the 3rd party work that MA should also being doing for their game.

This last VU was exciting but lets keep rolling and discuss what is planned for the next VU and how we can make all the planets that make up Entropia better. This game isn't Calypso Universe last I checked but we are on the PCF forums which is basically the forums for Entropia so maybe it is.

Too long didn't read, stop blaming the Planet Partners.

Last edited:

This is the answer. Every large MMO has third party utilities and sites. I think it's more a reflection of a passionate community than a failed developer. However, MA should support these developers by providing them a stable API with actually useful endpoints, along with outreach and communication.

Wiki should stay 100% player controlled. Kudos for those who put a lot of work and time in it!

Yw, have fun doing the rt crafting etc. updates yourself from now on or gl finding a new person doing it...

Interesting topic...

About entropia life... I have always felt the best solution would be to allow (whatever the entropia life minimum is , 3-6 accounts?) That many official developer/ planet partner accounts running online and active 24/7/365. This would not steal all the hard work and initiative from the guys who created entropia life only compliment it (make it even better and much more accurate)

About everything else as whole, yeah its frustraring... MA has this proclivity towards the big and splashy in lieu of smaller more frequent updates.. while thats fine, I wish they could do a little of both... those cyrene trees and trees in general are a great example. I too. have also suggested the addition of a few more trees variety and lvls if only to flesh out the profession just a bit more ( some pol really like it).. especially on the planets that so far, do not have any harvestable trees at all...

MA if your reading this, please consider the affects new players skill progression, specifically how looter lvl is being affected ( stunted) on planets without available tree harvesting as a side Skilling profession...

That is to say nothing about all the other huge ingame progress they could make to their bottom line as well as overall player hapiness that require little more than a weeks effort.. ( team hunting missions, space iron missions, a few more trees etc etc..) theres lots of big things MA can do but there are also a lot of smaller less development intensive things they can do as well that would make a huge impact...

Just sayin...

The answer is very simple; MA is a business conducted by businessmen, not by gamer.
They don't care about gaming, they care about money only, and so to keep their business alive as long as possible.

I'm pretty sure there is some employees there that loves gaming and so that love their job, but they are employees only, they don't decide anything.

Everything MA is doing is to make money, the way they are doing things, and the way they are talking is exactly the same as politicians.

There is absolutely no passion for gaming.
But passion for business and money is here.
For sure they will not tell.. :wise:

For example when they did the AMA, it was not because they care about their customer.
But because they know that they need trust in order to keep their business alive, exactly like politicians who tell good things to people to be elected. :deal:

You talk about PP, and seems surprised that the way MA is working whith them don't looks like a partnership.
But it's nothing surprising, cause again, PP was introduced in order to make money and keep the game alive for few time.

Since then, MA do everything they can do to keep players on Calypso.
Because they get more revenue from people playing on calypso.
They get less from avatars born on calypso and playing on others planets.
And even less from avatars born on others planets, playing on others planets.
That's why there is "events" alsmot non-stop there, every 15 days they spawn bots, big feff, whatever..

Why should they care about "abandonned" planets ?
It's all good for them, owner of the planet already gave them the money.. :woot:

Now about 3rd party programs, MA will do it, that's what they do already, making the game easier.

They took possession of a game that was unique (Project Entropia) :yup:, in the way it was a game where people needed to use their brain, to play smart, to search for informations, etc..
And they are making the game easier and easier.
Look at every single thing they've done, it makes the game so dumb that my dog could play it now.. (and he would get same return as me since nothing is random there..)

Why they do this ?
Again cause they don't care about the game itself, but they care only about how much money it can make.
Less complicated game = more people = more deposit.

And they don't care if people don't stay ingame for years, new people will always come to try it, it's ok for them, they just need to make them deposit.

Whith efficiency for example, you don't need a brain anymore to succeed, just a big wallet.
People whith negative IQ and load of money are very welcome ! :wtg:

Every now and then the idea of a optional subscription comes.up with membership perks for those who subscribe. For example, for 9.99/mo a player would get ammo, stims, and 1 teleport token to go instantly to another planet.

What if part of the perk was access to an API and/or advanced statistics? Enhanced market data. Hunting trends and "hot zones" could be displayed on a map.

Generally speaking, more info is better. Why not make it a perk and help the bottom line too.

No, MA should not take over community projects, they are stretched thin as it is. I'd rather them develop content.

What would be great is for them to provide an official API and the ability for us to create real add-ons. This would open the doors for a wide range of useful plug-ins and an actual modding community instead of the couple of hard-won projects we have that are glorified log parsers.

Just read what Cirrus said and if necessary read it again a few more times.
We are just the milking cows,nothing more.What we want is mostly irrelevant :laugh:

Back