Entropia Universe 16.1.1 Release Notes

Personally getting locked on a corpse was one of the biggest annoyances of the past and hope it never returns for that reason and easier scripting. Both we can do without

The problem is that you can't loot it with keyboard only if it falls off the screen area where the mouse pointer is on it. I play often in 3rd person cursor mode with keyboard only and it works okay-ish if I let the mouse pointer rest somewhere on the screen coordinate where the mob will most likely fall. Only when the mouse pointer remains on the carcass can I loot it with a key stroke. But this fails in above described circumstances, or if a mob dies too early e.g. from crits some distance away. There is no way I can recapture the target after that with the keyboard, therefore I am asking to get this ability back which existed before. It was an annoyance earlier when it would capture a carcass belonging to someone else, or in some situations where the target selection logic didn't work too well. This is much better now. As said, if for any reason it gets in your way because your play style is different from mine, it could easily be optional. We had all these choices and I see no good reason to reduce them. Quite the opposite. (Heinz von Foerster's paradigma: Always act in a way that increases the number of your choices.)

As for making life harder for botters, scripting mouse actions is just as easy so this isn't something the new system has any technical means to prevent. Btw in 1st person view it works pretty reliably with the keyboard also now. Botters are identified in other ways and then it's the question what action is taken. This has been discussed many times before and didn't change with VU16.

The problem is that you can't loot it with keyboard only if it falls off the screen area where the mouse pointer is on it. I play often in 3rd person cursor mode with keyboard only and it works okay-ish if I let the mouse pointer rest somewhere on the screen coordinate where the mob will most likely fall. Only when the mouse pointer remains on the carcass can I loot it with a key stroke. But this fails in above described circumstances, or if a mob dies too early e.g. from crits some distance away. There is no way I can recapture the target after that with the keyboard, therefore I am asking to get this ability back which existed before. It was an annoyance earlier when it would capture a carcass belonging to someone else, or in some situations where the target selection logic didn't work too well. This is much better now. As said, if for any reason it gets in your way because your play style is different from mine, it could easily be optional. We had all these choices and I see no good reason to reduce them. Quite the opposite. (Heinz von Foerster's paradigma: Always act in a way that increases the number of your choices.)

As for making life harder for botters, scripting mouse actions is just as easy so this isn't something the new system has any technical means to prevent. Btw in 1st person view it works pretty reliably with the keyboard also now. Botters are identified in other ways and then it's the question what action is taken. This has been discussed many times before and didn't change with VU16.

What kinda mouse u got? Cant u jus click corpse to loot it? Like i guess left click interact or soon to be left or right?

problem_solved.jpg

Looking forward to the next Version Update.

What kinda mouse u got? Cant u jus click corpse to loot it? Like i guess left click interact or soon to be left or right?

I didn't have to before.

I didn't have to before.

well in all honestly I believe the purpose of VU16 to make it not like before.. so if you cant do something at all they'll prolly fix it.. if you cant do it like before its prolly ignored.. jus sayin.

well in all honestly I believe the purpose of VU16 to make it not like before.. so if you cant do something at all they'll prolly fix it.. if you cant do it like before its prolly ignored.. jus sayin.

In all sympathy, I've been very specific and this is a very generic notion. I find it implausible that their goal is to kill off playstyles which the game itself has nurtured over a long time. Try to unlearn muscle memory, did you ever? Much more likely it's a side effect of new developments, and purpose of this feedback is to open up the roads again which got obstructed. Some nudging into a certain direction has been palpable though, and previous discussions in this vein have already established that players are far from unanimous about it. This will continue to be the case. The Heinz von Foerster quote above was not for looking fancy, it's a very usable principle for just about any kind of decision making from one of the greatest names in cybernetics.

From my personal experience, VU16 is by far the best update ever. It would have been easier to understand if it wasn't labeled "camera update" at first because it's the interaction part which makes all the difference. The working title was updated to reflect this, but it's the first impression that sticks. However, all the annoying notchiness ("hakelig" in German - couldn't find a better translation) is gone and I'm not at all unhappy. It's just that it got sadly marred by someone's overeagerness in messing with the controls, pushing their own preference (or what was sold as compatibility with other games) and overriding everybody's custom settings. This was too much at once, prevented the collecting of a greater majority of praise, and now we're struggling to get everyone under the roof again. That's just life.

Not in disagreement with most all the posts. Having said that I am just wondering about all the praise for MA ? It was a bug and got fixed but why was everyone so mad at the ones that used it. I not sure but how would it affect your game play ? Banned for life ? That seems a little harsh. How would a player even know ? When I was hunting big mobs with L armor I never check to see if it was low because I got a warning message when it was.

Sorry kind off of what I was going to say. My comment is what happens to MA when the bug cost us money ? Like "This loot is claimed by another player" I know you could file a support case but it had to be each instance and if it happened 10 times, well you know what I mean. If we suffer oh well, if they suffer it seems to get fixed rather quickly. Just saying.

I have not been on this tread for a while but I was reminded that I forgot about one big thing "Events" like Merry Mayhem" which would give those that used the exploit a bit of advantage by reducing cost. I still think banned for life is too much but banned for life from events is correct and a month or two from the game also.

I do have a question, how did MA find out? It must have been reported, right ? I don't think MA can monitor our game play, can they ? And even if they could how would they know who they should watch to issue the bans ?

We have a few things we will release in an upcoming patch before Easter Mayhem. For the Camera system, I will give you guys a short teaser of what's to come. There will not be any drastic changes for the default settings.

• Option for having Left or Right mouse button as interact in cursor mode. Right mouse button is default.
  • Strafing while moving to target will not cancel the interact
  • A freelook camera option where the camera never adjusts to targets and movement is in the Avatars direction.

There are also other fixes and improvements but the full information will be in the patch release notes.

Ok, I've given this some thought over the two days since posting. I guess I will be selecting the freelook camera option where the camera never adjusts to targets, but what does the rest of the sentence mean? Gramatically you have written "...where: x and y", but would even Einstein be able to understand what you mean there?

Anyway, it looks like this has the potential to make me and hopefully many others feel literally less sick about autoengaging with mobs. Please just remember to give us another notch of zoom out on the slider and give us brightness control on the centre dot if not full colour control :D

I'll leave it for others to mention health bars etc etc and hope you are holding some of the very useful requests back in order to surprise us...

Oh, and of course please give us more range to the terminals so we can have them open together again, and some kind of prevention of leaving crafting unintentionally (which I've heard of but have not had happen to me yet). ty

Last edited:
We have a few things we will release in an upcoming patch before Easter Mayhem. For the Camera system, I will give you guys a short teaser of what's to come. There will not be any drastic changes for the default settings.

• Option for having Left or Right mouse button as interact in cursor mode. Right mouse button is default.
  • Strafing while moving to target will not cancel the interact
  • A freelook camera option where the camera never adjusts to targets and movement is in the Avatars direction.

There are also other fixes and improvements but the full information will be in the patch release notes.

sounds good. we can configure the other mouse buttons why not make them all configurable

Please consider adding an option for the middle mouse button to work as it used to: view rotation without snapping back and resetting the view on click.
Yes please!!

- Don't break the target lock until after a creature is looted. Currently it breaks as soon as it is killed and this is a problem on uneven ground or in dense situations, when playing in 3rd person view and mainly with the keyboard. If others would prefer it as is, it shouldn't be difficult to make an option.

- Once a target is locked, I can only unselect it using the mouse and clicking somewhere on an empty area on the screen. It is not possible to achieve with the keyboard only, since turning or looking up/down are blocked (or the latter just snaps back, to be exact). This is often infuriating as there is zero tolerance for errors or changing one's mind. Please unblock all turn avatar/turn viewing direction actions when on target (turning would release target lock, changing viewing direction would not). Ideally, I would like the previously existing actions "unselect target" and "select previous target" back.

- With the "freelook camera" option mentioned above, we also need a ways to look (not turn) left/right i.o. to be able to adjust the view using the keyboard when needed. Look up/down was reinstated upon earlier request because of this, now without both axes it would be incomplete.
^ These are the improvements I would also place top priority on, right after the ones Dennis mentioned. My next three would be:
- Get rid of the mobs that can hit but can't be hit
- Get rid of getting stuck in terrain
- Rotate needs to rotate the avatar, and Move Backwards needs to make the avatar take a half step backwards. Not the other way around.
...And after that, the chat bug maybe?

Frustrations, copy paste, need I say more....

[Society] [Felix Shallow]: i might sell this shop pad and get another caly deed
[Society] [Arius Vorpax] : why?
[Society] [Felix Shallow]: no point having it if its far out, cant waypoint to it, screen adverts are pointless
[Society] [Zunder Zan Sider] : not good time to buy clds now
[Society] [Zunder Zan Sider] : expensive
[Society] [Arius Vorpax] : use monitors to advertise
[Society] [Felix Shallow]: they are not worth adverting shops
[System]: [Zunder Zan Sider] has logged out
[Society] [Felix Shallow]: people dont record waypoints from screens
[Society] [Felix Shallow]: in the last time i adverted my shop on the screens i had no sales
[Society] [Felix Shallow]: i had more sales bringing people here myself
[Society] [Felix Shallow]: and doing that, i might as well just sell to them there
[Society] [Arius Vorpax] : true
[Society] [Felix Shallow]: i brought this pad at 2500, they are like 3000 something now
[Society] [Felix Shallow]: recently been getting more and more pissed off at mind ark over this stilly interface change
[Society] [Felix Shallow]: silly*
[Society] [Arius Vorpax] : yea it makes no sense
[Society] [Felix Shallow]: i cant even set up a waypoint now without it being 2 meters underground...
[Society] [Felix Shallow]: i have to wait until avatars are loaded to trade now
[Society] [Felix Shallow]: if its a busy area then wait 5 mins +
[Society] [Felix Shallow]: cant find someone in the area without a waypoint, before simply right click health bar....

.... actually will say more ....
This was after spending 30 mins trying to get a waypoint to the height of my shop, but it kepts putting it 2 (whater ever units, im gonna say meters) under where I wanted it, X and Y was fine Z was not, tried moving Z up 2 more to counter this (202), but it was still setting it back to 118, i was at 200 height. Gave up.

MIND ARK HEALTH BARS! WAYPOINTS! TRADING WITHOUT WAITING AGES, LIKE BEFORE, I DIDNT NEED TO SEE THE PERSON LOADED, JUST TRADE!... its the main aspect of every part of your game, sort it!

Last edited:

This was after spending 30 mins trying to get a waypoint to the height of my shop, but it kepts putting it 2 (whater ever units, im gonna say meters) under where I wanted it, X and Y was fine Z was not, tried moving Z up 2 more to counter this (202), but it was still setting it back to 118, i was at 200 height. Gave up.

MIND ARK HEALTH BARS! WAYPOINTS! TRADING WITHOUT WAITING AGES, LIKE BEFORE, I DIDNT NEED TO SEE THE PERSON LOADED, JUST TRADE!... its the main aspect of every part of your game, sort it!

Stand in your shop and type /pos to generate a waypoint and copy it.

You can also try using the waypoint command but I'm not sure how to use it properly:
/waypoint : Create a waypoint with given coordinates. e.g: /wp [area, x, y, z, custom name]

Interesting, the Z coords in space are also messed up. I thought it was just a space thing, but it would appear universal ( just maybe not often noticed on planet as the z coord is barely used).

Please fix Z coords :)

Stand in your shop and type /pos to generate a waypoint and copy it.

You can also try using the waypoint command but I'm not sure how to use it properly:
/waypoint : Create a waypoint with given coordinates. e.g: /wp [area, x, y, z, custom name]

You can also copy waypoints from the map... I don't need to be told how to make waypoint, I'm describing a problem with creating waypoints, every method is equally as bugged...

I'm describing a problem with creating waypoints, every method is equally as bugged...

What's your problem exactly? I just tried making a waypoint using /pos on Monria and Z axis works correctly.

If you can replicate it submit a ticket to the developers and maybe they will fix it.

Interesting, the Z coords in space are also messed up. I thought it was just a space thing, but it would appear universal ( just maybe not often noticed on planet as the z coord is barely used).

Please fix Z coords :)

Oh this is hella interesting. Could this have anything to do with the stupid number of mobs that have been spawning below the ground surface since vu16.1?

What's your problem exactly? I just tried making a waypoint using /pos on Monria and Z axis works correctly.

If you can replicate it submit a ticket to the developers and maybe they will fix it.

This specifically a calypso problem (and space apparently), I noticed first on some of the teleporter waypoints, but it was not big issue, but is an issue when trying to specifically point out an appartment location. (Like at omegaton west habitat)

Also to be clear, this is not only about waypoints, but also trading in general since the update, the removal of health bars to target local players without teams and sending waypoints, and also waiting for avatars to loads both end to trade, before you did not have to wait for someone to graphically load to trade, and I'm personally guessing this is to do with the camera not handling a 'null' location correctly ending the procedure. And I am also guessing the max height of Z in a waypoints is limited to a maximum of some kind which is set very badly as some areas are higher than this maximum.

Well as this was specifically to do with the VU16 update and the interface, the context is fitting, and also I post on public forum as I find in general support tickets for none game breaking issues gets shelved a lot. (Years down the line, some creatures STILL become in untargetable by auto use too, face fold in bug, known about since before vu10 cry engine update.)

I am also talking about other changes that have come about since VU16 interface update which causes issues with many users.

Many people submitted about the armour bug, but only when it was public and starting being used by everyone who read the forum, they had to fix it. Knowing that the developers said they monitor the forum, this seems to be the place to post.

Do we already have a date for when this entire mess gets rolled back?

Game is pretty much unplayable for 2 months now.

Wonder who will really bother with mayhem in this current environment.

ROLLBACK NOW PLEASE!

Game is pretty much unplayable for 2 months now.

ROLLBACK NOW PLEASE!

how come ? 2 months later you and Stelios can't figure out how to set few shortcuts and options ? why i added him in this discussion > he was unable to activate his aim mode some days/2 weeks ago and was crying on a public channel

Last edited:
how come ? 2 months later you and Stelios can't figure out how to set few shortcuts and options ? why i added him in this discussion > he unable to activate his aim mode some days/2 weeks ago and was crying on a public channel

Ofc...1 of the Romanian brown-nose brigade will immediately come out to defend this last pile of dog poo MA rolled out.

Can they do any wrong in your opinion. If there was footage online of MA staff playing football with a puppy you'd still somehow spin this into everyone seeing this wrong huh?

And I thought I was one of the big fan boys... In every online games like this I have found you get 1 of 2 types of people when it comes to talking about problems, people who want to deal with the issue to help improve the game and people who take it like a personal attack, like they are the owners of the game.

When you start attacking a person and not their ideas, you have already lost in my view, because your can't attack the idea, so you discredit a person. Does not change the facts, only the view of the person saying them.

Without saying this update is good or bad, it definitely is causing people issues, and has introduced a whole new set of bugs that need fixing on top of the many bugs ignored over the years when time would of been better spent fixing the original issues.

Just because your activity might be limited to simply shooting and TTing items, does not mean there is other users are not doing more advanced things, and just because a bug does not apply to you, does not mean it does not exist causing many people issues.

Simply defending something for defence sake is pointless.

Ofc...1 of the Romanian brown-nose brigade will immediately come out to defend this last pile of dog poo MA rolled out.

Can they do any wrong in your opinion. If there was footage online of MA staff playing football with a puppy you'd still somehow spin this into everyone seeing this wrong huh?

still didn't answer my question so im asking again ...how come you say its unplayable ? maybe someone on this forum can fix your problem

still didn't answer my question so im asking again ...how come you say its unplayable ? maybe someone on this forum can fix your problem

Why are you even wasting your time with this person. I believe if we took a poll above 95% would be in favor. Just the no more dancing over a dead mob is good enough.

Whiners well never tell you why nor stop the whining, period. You have been around since 2005 and me 2007 and I say this is about as good as pre 2010 and way close enough for me. Let the old dog die.

And I thought I was one of the big fan boys... In every online games like this I have found you get 1 of 2 types of people when it comes to talking about problems, people who want to deal with the issue to help improve the game and people who take it like a personal attack, like they are the owners of the game.

When you start attacking a person and not their ideas, you have already lost in my view, because your can't attack the idea, so you discredit a person. Does not change the facts, only the view of the person saying them.

Without saying this update is good or bad, it definitely is causing people issues, and has introduced a whole new set of bugs that need fixing on top of the many bugs ignored over the years when time would of been better spent fixing the original issues.

Just because your activity might be limited to simply shooting and TTing items, does not mean there is other users are not doing more advanced things, and just because a bug does not apply to you, does not mean it does not exist causing many people issues.

Simply defending something for defence sake is pointless.

You are absolutely correct. Attacking the poster serves no purpose at all. Having said that I semi-disagree with the part about the bugs and not the poster. I do pretty much what you say, hunt, TT most items and auction a small percentage. So I am unaware of some other problems. BUT, if the poster does not say what the problems are then that is too bad and IMO just a whinner and deserves little consideration.

i believe thats the point. why is it so complicated you need either a young person or a constant player to help solve it? it's a frickn mess. compared to any other game even early access, alpha and beta testing games this game is an embarrassment. i know there are swedes that can make this game great it's not like they have to hire koreans or japanese(please don't btw). perhaps a german for their excellence in workmanship (not their socialist mindset though).

i've been playing all this time and i totally get why he would say it's unplayable. have you tried taming? or repairing or healing? its a frickn key mash experience. don't even need a game to get that.

come on MA, prince harry is coming over to my house next week to look at this game in the context of social media investigation. do you think i want to show him and his pregnant wife this game. can you guess what he is going to say? i can.

i believe thats the point. why is it so complicated you need either a young person or a constant player to help solve it? it's a frickn mess. compared to any other game even early access, alpha and beta testing games this game is an embarrassment. i know there are swedes that can make this game great it's not like they have to hire koreans or japanese(please don't btw). perhaps a german for their excellence in workmanship (not their socialist mindset though).

i've been playing all this time and i totally get why he would say it's unplayable. have you tried taming? or repairing or healing? its a frickn key mash experience. don't even need a game to get that.

come on MA, prince harry is coming over to my house next week to look at this game in the context of social media investigation. do you think i want to show him and his pregnant wife this game. can you guess what he is going to say? i can.

nothing is wrong with healing just lazy healers :) i dont repair just my vehicles , tamining no fak that

ive been hunting and mining and both are much easier then before

nothing is wrong with healing just lazy healers :) i dont repair just my vehicles , tamining no fak that

ive been hunting and mining and both are much easier then before

There IS nothing wrong with the game I don't why people keep asking why the posters that keep say that, they don't want answers they just want to gripe, PERIOD.

Back