Achievement: Crimson Blades Successful Defense of Tukuta Plateau

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
When we first took Tukuta Plateau a few weeks ago it seemed too good to be true. I said it was a fluke. We had just taken the best land area from a society which had gone virtually uncontested for several years. I critically examined the circumstances and developed my list of three critical errors made by the opposing team, any of which errors had not been made I believed we would have lost the land grab. "This may be the only time we hold this land, enjoy it while we have it" I told my society, in my typical realistic attitude.

It felt like we had just made history, like The Rebel Alliance at the end of "A New Hope" having just destroyed The Galactic Empire's prized Death Star.

We could not have done it without our allied combatants, and so as thanks for their tremendous efforts we showed up to support them at Vermillion Fields. Sure enough, the critical errors made by the opposing society had been worked through, and the battle at Vermillion Fields was significantly more intense than our first battle at Tukuta Plateau - yet we emerged victorious once again!

Today Crimson Blades faced our toughest battle yet - defending Tukuta Plateau against the Galactic Empire once again. This time it felt more like "The Empire Strikes Back", everyone manning the guns and waiting in the awkward calm before the storm... Then they came. Scattered bouts of combat across the field, we held them at bay for the first half.

Somewhere in the middle we were informed by an opposing combatant that there was a bug causing them to be trapped in a building. We asked if they had relogged and they indicated they had and it had not fixed it.
Convenient as it would have been to leave it the way it was, that is simply not the right thing to do. So we repaired the barrier which allowed them to escape and resumed combat.

The combat became increasingly intense, leading to an epic climax in the last 15 minutes of sheer unrelenting force. It was very difficult for all parties involved to overcome the challenges with lag and other issues, but we worked through it. Right down to the final 5 minutes the combat was intense, and we almost lost the claim more than once. At the final 2 minute mark we called an "all hands on deck" and focused on the claim. We pulled together and survived the onslaught, the timer finally ticking all the way down and handing us our incredibly satisfying victory.
:yay:
Video footage can be seen here thanks to Masta Fu; https://www.twitch.tv/videos/402814306

Interestingly, we had a "warm up" land grab a few hours prior to the defense at Tukuta Plateau. No Remorse decided they would make a go on Greenthorne, and we sent some combatants to assist, and were successful in claiming the land.

Huge thanks to Shaolin, House of Gamers, No Remorse, and others who joined us for this epic battle.
Thanks also to ExploreEU for putting up one hell of a fight. It would not have been fun without you!

land_grab.jpg

Three lands have already claimed by three different societies, which begs the question... Who will claim the next one?
:handgun: :rocket:

Last edited:
A very nice read... And sounds like it was alot of fun.a big shout out to all the parties involved.

Oh my Captain Jack, that was a wonderful post.

You all were fantastic and what an exciting day!

Our "hats off to you guys' who made it that way and all involved.

:shower::tiphat:

Nice story! Gz on win/defense.

MA should have its own event TV with comentators :cool:

Its nice to see so many on LGs again and so many different socs.
I have been away from EU and pvp for a long time and havent been paying much attention to whats going on.
But its fun to see that a soc like Crimson Blades come out from the shadows and grab some land :handgun:

The battle of Greenthorne was rly fun and lasted for 3 and a half hours. I thought it would never end :laugh:

Huge grats guys, you have a strong alliance with some near unkillable people in them. I look forward to the next few months of land grabs as PvP in this game has been dead for way too long and maybe MA will finally realise how much money PvP can make them and they'll put some development effort into making pvp fun again

A simple feature "remove health bars" did so much good to the PVP life.Thousands of peds were spend since then.
No health bars =no cheats/third party software that can be used in PVP (at least for now).Its far from perfect but at least now you can fight without being hit 10/10.
Gratz on your LA.

Back