Suggestion: Members of societies marked friendly show as green dot in pvp

Hypnotyk

Elite
Society
discord.gg/bdDeqtn
Randy Hypnotyk Bafia
Hello.

With the recent resurgence of pvp (landgrab in specific) and the loss of being able to pull HP bars onto screen, differentiating between friend vs foe is incredibly difficult in pvp situations. As you know, there are many main societies with friendly or junior societies that work together in land grab and pvp. With team limits being 10 (12?) People max, we find ourselves in situations where we can't effectively group large amounts of people together in a way that allows us to distinguish from others not in the group. Therefore, I would suggest that if the society that you are in marks another society as friendly, members of that society show up as green dots in pvp whereas everyone else, freelancers and neutral/disliked soc members, are marked as red dots.

Another alternative would be to increase team sizes to 40. Not sure how that works with other instances so maybe make a pvp raid team option that doesn't allow you to enter team based instances.

Thanks.

That would be a start. Lots of other problems...

Another alternative would be to increase team sizes to 40. Not sure how that works with other instances so maybe make a pvp raid team option that doesn't allow you to enter team based instances.

Great suggestions Bud, I think the team limit increase is probably the easiest to implement and would also enable for more interesting team hunts, as some active societies have well over 12 people who would be interested in team hunting together.

That would be a start. Lots of other problems...

Agreed, there are numerous other problems I'm sure will be brought to light as LG continues to increase in activity.
Perhaps you could construct a separate thread detailing some of the other issues that come to mind? I believe you are more familiar than most with the problems at hand, and therefor would be able to provide valuable insight for the dev team.

They could put the society terminal back on the wall where it belongs too.

Increase the number a team can get up to 50 if you ask me.
Everyone in the team gets green, everyone outside red.

Great suggestion and ideas here.

* I was thinking about a 'time cap' as to say after 30 minutes, players shouldn't be allowed to jump in.
Depending on Time zones and availability of playing time for different areas that could be a bit unfair if it is in middle of night in USA or Europe.
* Red text for players names is really hard to read, even when there.

May take a bit more organization ahead of time and negotiated times but I think it would be worth it.

Last edited:
Ten years ago I had an idea that we could join as support, and that it was shown as public title.
supportteam.jpg

Ten years ago I had an idea that we could join as support, and that it was shown as public title.
supportteam.jpg
Just what I was about to suggest, some way of incorporating a color into avatar names as text or as icon. Optionally, yellow could indicate faction-neutral (as the soc term has Neutral too - not that that would add much)

Back