Suggestion: ARTIFICIAL Intelligence easier than ever to learn and implement

Aloisius

Stalker
Society
Natural Born Killers
Jo Aloisius Smith
google has tensorflow which runs on python.

you can use tensorflow to program the machine language that runs with the following hardwares.

intel made the movidius and fathom neural compute stick which makes AI cheap now. google has a usb stick too but the name is eluding me atm.

you can buy a movidius or movidius 2 usb stick at mouser. i can send you mine if you like.

you can make this setup act on visual information like decide if an object is a pet or friend or enemy or vehicle or mob or ah terminal, or tech terminal. you could probably do in ten lines of code what is now taking millions.

someone will beat you to the next step if you miss this boat. in fact there is nothing stopping a young and potless millenial from generating this mod. except the missing API OFC.

google has tensorflow which runs on python.

you can use tensorflow to program the machine language that runs with the following hardwares.

intel made the movidius and fathom neural compute stick which makes AI cheap now. google has a usb stick too but the name is eluding me atm.

you can buy a movidius or movidius 2 usb stick at mouser. i can send you mine if you like.

you can make this setup act on visual information like decide if an object is a pet or friend or enemy or vehicle or mob or ah terminal, or tech terminal. you could probably do in ten lines of code what is now taking millions.

someone will beat you to the next step if you miss this boat. in fact there is nothing stopping a young and potless millenial from generating this mod. except the missing API OFC.

What is this post about? :scratch2:

Do you want MA to use AI to decide what kind of object you are clicking on?
(Seriously? if you know anything about coding you KNOW they already have the status of every object clicked on?)

Or is this a hint on how to make better bots for players? lol

I just dont understand this post.

I don't believe in artificial intelligence. Humankind needs first to achieve the intelligence themselves to be able to imitate it.

I don't believe in artificial intelligence. Humankind needs first to achieve the intelligence themselves to be able to imitate it.

haha yo stole that idea from gandi.

with artificial intelligence MA could easily program an interface AI that is capable of differentiating between typing and pressing a hot key function. wouldn't it be nice to just start typing and the chat knows. and if you get ninjad while that is happening you could just hit the hot key to equip the right weapon to shoot kill and loot the mob then return smoothly to the chat. and then run to another mob while still chatting?

the AI could learn whether im typing or wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. or that i want to reply 'thirty' instead of checking the hof board while teleporting to the revive terminal with my inventory opened. it's not even rocket science.

the interface AI could tell which mob is closest (and visible) in order to target it when you press the target lock key. it could tell if the mob is half dead and won't unlock and move to another mob until it's looted. it can tell if it's dead.

it could learn that you never want to unequip all enhancers(or MA could just move the item choice) and that i do want to unequip all plates so i can trade the set more rapidly. it could learn which tp i like to use and highlight them to make it easier to find. it could learn which position i like my camera in. and whether or not you are using a bot. and bot usage should be a capital crime (that means public decapitation BTW).

What is this post about?
it's about MA and AI and machine language and computer application programming interfaces and human computer interfaces and visual neural networking hardwares. for the rest of us, it's about smoother game operation, less annoying unintended popup windows, less bugs down the road, cool tech and awesome gadgets, a funner and more enjoyable overal existence.

you see, if MA can't do this then their option would be to make an API so that others (AKA mod developers) can. They could even make mob AI if you let them.

Last edited:
in the AH when i'm selling a product on arkadia and i open caly AH to check the values then see mine is right and then click ok . the ah shouldn't tell me that i'm not allowed to post there. how dumb is that? it should know where i intend to post by default. these are easily corrected nags and bugs that may or may not use artificial intelligence to fix.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
So apparently, someone has heard about words he never heard about before: "AI", or "Artificial Intelligence"
And suddenly he thinks he invented the wheel...

Why not learn the basics of programming first?

Yes, Google has tensorflow, completely correct. And yes it works on Python (do you even know what Python is?)

But before you think AI is the solution, please learn how far we are progressed with AI... We are nowhere...
Sure, there are a lot of claims about AI now, but those happen every decenia... They said we nearly had AI finished in 1970 as well, and yet... We still haven't mastered it.

Even more:
- They claimed that it wouldn't take long before computers would be able to recognise certain animals automatically
- They did think that it would still take a hundred years to make computers/robot automatically find the best possible scenario's, or find solutions.

Funny, because lately google finally finished an AI that could see the difference between a cat and a dog. And it's still not 100% correct! But the other thing? Well we have Chess AI's that are impossible to beat, we have automatic Sudoku resolvers, etc... Guess they were wrong about which would be the easiest to make ;)

But if you really think we are already in the WTF-EverythingShouldUseAI-Era, then please learn how far we really are, because yes, there are a lot of talks about it, and yes a lot of companies are busy with it, and yes, we are making huge progress (but that happened decennia's ago as well, and yet, here we still are busy making all of it!), but how far are we really in reality?

Well... Ask the US Army how great their AI was... So they made a huge AI weapon that could automatically bomb tanks from different countries. So they made the AI, they made it by letting the computers train on tons of pictures, they tested it with even more pictures, and hurray, the computer had a 100% correct rate of choosing the nation, it perfectly knew which 1 to bomb and which 1 it shouldn't.
And then... They made the huge show, they wanted to show how strong their AI anti-tank weapon was, and they put 10 American Tanks and 10 Russian Tanks in a desert. The computer was programmed to bomb the all non-American tanks with a plane, so the plane flew over it and started bombing, ofcourse they expected a perfect result where all Russian tanks would be destroyed, and all American tanks would be in perfect condition. But when the sandstorm from the bombing dissapeared... Apparently ALL tanks were bombed.
Why? The computer perfectly knew these were American tanks when it saw these same tanks on pictures! How was this possible?
Well... it was just a different position of the sun, which made the tanks have a different color, due to the brightness, and the computer could not recognise it as an American tank anymore.

So yeah... That's how far AI stands now... Yes we have great new stuff yet, yes we are doing tons of stuff with it, but nope... We clearly aren't ready to do everything we want with it.

PS: this doesn't mean we can't do stuff with AI yet, sure we have a lot of working tools already as well... But just remember... AI isn't perfected yet. So nope, your topic isn't the worlds greatest fix to everything.

So apparently, someone has heard about words he never heard about before: "AI", or "Artificial Intelligence"
And suddenly he thinks he invented the wheel...

Why not learn the basics of programming first?

Yes, Google has tensorflow, completely correct. And yes it works on Python (do you even know what Python is?)
PS: this doesn't mean we can't do stuff with AI yet, sure we have a lot of working tools already as well... But just remember... AI isn't perfected yet. So nope, your topic isn't the worlds greatest fix to everything.

dude, really? why so rude? i know programming ffs. i know the limitations, the status, the progress and the uses for AI. ffs. i know where we are. jeesman. would you rather they stick with their "system" it works so well? why would you put so much energy into making me look retarded. i already know.

i'm not trying to sell this as a perfect solution. but ffs this game is dumb. they could use some intelligence. artificial or otherwise. man, half you guys are hell bent on keeping this game the same. why?

you asked me if i even know what python is. you got a real high horse there when you appear to think that computers are supposed to program their own AI. is that a.....is that a donkey? bwaahahahahaha.

Last edited:
Given enough time, the players will end up creating AI that will not only beat the game, but manage it better than mindark does.....if they havn't already.

I would argue things like Batsim have been under AI control for some time. As programming AI to do those maps is childs play. AI can beat every player on earth at EVERY game at this point with ease. You can go play around at openAI and train your own bots for various things.

I am working on a mob classifier as we speak, so that AI can tell us which mob we are on, without having to wait for Mindark to catch up with the times.

Mindark should have had an API years ago, I am nearly complete with building one for them.

For general developers though, the AI available to them is leagues less effective than what the pros use. And AI is mostly playing around with the right biases, its a lot of trial and error to get the right basis to get reliable results. Something I would never expect anyone at Mindark to even understand anyhow.

I vote no on the basis of they would have to send teams of people to learn it first, and then spend years messing with it, all while the bugs we do have, never get fixed.

Where they will fail with not having AI is when AI becomes smarter than anything they can do to counter it. This is where all companies will end up failing. If you are not building AI as we speak, you likely already lost in the AI war. Humans will simply never catch up. We will need AI to protect ourselves from AI.

Last edited:
You guys are throwing around so many buzzwords without understanding them you are starting to sound like my project manager.

You guys are throwing around so many buzzwords without understanding them you are starting to sound like my project manager.

its only class's and sub class's how hard could it be...? :D

FML these guys

I think first step would be to get Google to input AI into the OP then we can go from there :)

I've said it before - although not in this context - and I'll say it again, AI is a medium, not the material recorded on it. The material itself is continuously generated by a facet of life itself which in this world context we call "intelligence". A medium, or any other static substrate, cannot itself be "intelligent". BUT it's damned convenient anyway.

By the way I found this interesting today as we were chatting in twitch I mentioned this article regarding entropia-universe-upload-consciousness.

But as reading note:

"MindArk concede that full consciousness uploading is still pretty far off in the future, but they say their work on artificial intelligence to date can serve as a solid basis for researchers to build on."

This was 1 year ago.

So maybe they are already a step or three ahead.

I have read up a little about Tensorflow and Keras.

Its a powerful tool and it has its usability in many sectors, but actually I cant see any usage for it in a game except security.
If MA would use it to find bot users and consequently ban them, I would say yes, use it.
But here is still a risk that the AI software fails and wrong people get banned.

Where I see this programms as a very mighty tool is security (airports/stations other public places with camera observation) or product quality management in industrial manufacturing, but for game developers very questionable.
It also might have its uses in software security, as it may be very powerful to identify bots or hackerattacks.
An antivirus or firewall that uses it, might grow awesome strong over time.
Sad thing, criminals will use it too, and it will also be used to find the weakness of software systems and databases so hackers can get illegal access easyer.

Well, lets see where this thing goes.
Its very interesting thing.

I have read up a little about Tensorflow and Keras.

Its a powerful tool and it has its usability in many sectors, but actually I cant see any usage for it in a game except security.

OFC not, Tensorflow is slow as piss and static graph makes no sense for what OP was suggesting. PyTorch would be a better choice, if it weren't for the fact that using ML in the context that OP was suggesting makes no fucking sense anyway.

comon now be nice. just because you think we don't know doesn't mean we can't ever know.

comon now be nice. just because you think we don't know doesn't mean we can't ever know.

I don't think you don't know, I can tell you don't know based on your post. Wasn't trying to be mean about it - just giving my opinion.

Trolls provide necessary balance to the Internet ecosystem. Stop feeding us and we won't exist.

artificial intelligence doesn't have to be intelligent. it's just a figure of speech. it can mean the path a mob takes when its agro wakes it up or it can mean the control program to guide your car in RL. it can mean the skynet central processing unit or it can mean the word "program" itself. it's not even a threat because it's not autonomous self replicating selfcoding or anything like that. its just code, ffs. a scary algorhythm, at worst.

very interesting what forgo pointed out about MA workin on AI. but perhaps they should read the above paragraph too. afaik, uploading consciousness is impossible fantasy, but AI is acheivable.

buzzwords are for buzzkills. words weren't made for dumb people to understand things. they were made to express complex ideas to intelligent people. positive thinking and positive reinforcement will go a long ways to making a better...anything. so what difference does it make to you negative nancies whether anyone knows what these words mean?

Last edited:
very interesting what forgo pointed out about MA workin on AI. but perhaps they should read the above paragraph too. afaik, uploading consciousness is impossible fantasy, but AI is acheivable.

Ah yes, this is the same MindArk that after 16 years of coding can't make a working chat system in a game. They are going to solve this problem that has eluded top researchers in the field for decades are they?

so what difference does it make to you, smartypants ,whether anyone knows what these words mean?

Now who's the troll. :laugh:

I couldn't care less, mate. Presumably when you post something you are intending to create a discussion, get a reaction, whatever. My opinions are just as meaningless as anyone else's. :hug:

duh, what's a troll? obviously, either i don't know or you don't know and my sensitive ego wants to think it's you. so stop hurting my feelings and tell me what's a troll.

Back