Suggestion: Capitalize on Land Grab Revitalization as a Publicity Builder

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
During the AMA conducted in February a well known PvP enthusiast asked MindArk some questions about revitalizing PvP. The response was as below;

It certainly has been a challenge to balance PVP properly over the years. Our long term goal is to overhaul and revitalize PVP in Entropia Universe. The changes implemented in Loot 2.0 have opened up the available design space for PVP specific changes, and we look forward to taking advantage of that. However, engagement with PVP has traditionally been relatively low, so it is not currently at the top of our priority list.

In direct response to that statement the Crimson Blades society has taken on the task of revitalizing PvP to demonstrate to MindArk the untapped potential. We are very interested in increasing PvP activity throughout the game, and there are many others who share this desire. I have a great number of ideas as to how PvP would be improved, but I will address those in a separate thread.

In this thread I am interested in encouraging MindArk to take advantage of the untapped potential for publicity on the recent resurgence of interest in land grab events.

Land Grab is the ultimate clash of power in the Entropia Universe. Top level players team up with players of all skill levels in a battle of high stakes.

Relatively very few people actually stream Land Grab, since most people present are either participating as combatants or at risk of being killed by combatants.

I think MindArk should focus some attention on this. Perhaps incentivize people to come out and stream it, offering one award for the best stream and a second award for the best video (with editing) after the land grab.

Below are the links to two streamers who did video record the land grab;

Masta Fu (on the Crimson Blades side) https://www.twitch.tv/videos/402814306

VandalHand (on the ExploreEU side) https://www.twitch.tv/videos/402711676

All this I believe would create a substantial opportunity for land grab to draw significant attention to the game. This would improve player recruiting by giving them an interesting activity to engage in. This would improve player retention by giving mid and high level players a goal to strive for in continuing to push for higher skills. This would improve the ingame economy as players buy ArMatrix series weaponry to skill with and sort through them looking for the ones with high tier rates with PvP potential.

In summary;

MindArk should prioritize focusing some attention on Land Grab as a publicity builder as well as improving motivation of the player base. To not do so would be a great missed opportunity which may not last forever.

Very respectfully,

- Captain Jack

Last edited:
I absolutely love this idea, MA should totally do that! But after they overhaul the Auction and Society management interfaces!

Back