what about old promises from MA

Status

Rampsy

Dominant
Society
AO
Rampsy
Hello,

First of all, I want to say a huge congratulations to the MindArk team, because lately they are doing superb work in my opinion. With the camera VU, a lot of stuff was changed, some for the better, but some were hard for people to adjust. With the next updates, MindArk really listened to the community and added options for us to choose from.
I clearly see that MindArk is now doing more for the community, and I really like that!

Now, that also made me wonder. In the past, MindArk has made multiple promisses, which people paid big money for, that MindArk never fullfilled their promise for. I was wondering if there are any plans to take these back up.

I was thinking about a few things, and there are probably more, so if other people think of other stuff, please let me know, and I will add them to the list.

I would like to use this topic as a discussion topic with MindArk, and a reminder of some stuff that are still unfinished, to be able to discuss this with MA, please note that this topic is not meant to whine or to give critics to MA, so if anyone starts whining or flaming @ Mindark, moderators, please delete those posts then! The current team of MindArk is clearly doing their very best to make us happy, so they do not deserve to be whined against. This topic is only to let MindArk know which old promisses are still not fullfilled, so that MindArk can discuss these with us, and see which ones they can actually do something about.

Here is the list of stuff that we, as a community, would like to have MindArk look at:

- Land Plots: multiple functionalities were promissed, with more functionalities for larger plots than for smaller plots. Until now, only 1 functionality is released, which is kinda useless and definitely not worth the money, while functionalities for large, medium, small+ and small plots are still all the same. Sad, because this was actually something really interesting. It could have created player managed cities, and I really think this could be a huge asset to the game.
- Hangars: Hangars were promised certain functionalities as well, but until now, they are also just overpriced stocking rooms with no real extra value

- ... please post more stuff below, I'm sure there are more things that I'm forgetting (such as stables, but they do have buffing abilities, so maybe those are good enough now? I would need a response of a stable owner for this)

Please note: this topic is only to let MindArk know what is on our mind, what we are worried about, from promissed stuff in the past that never got finished. This is not a topic for flaming, whining, or any other type of discussion!
MindArk can then see what kind of feedback we are giving to them, and they can decide what to do with this feedback. This topic does not make them obliged to fix the above stuff, as there may be more urgent issues at hand, but this topic is only to be used as a form of feedback from the community towards MindArk.
I will be keeping the list up to date with data from the posts in this topic.

My understanding was 1 cld = 3x3 land,. Hopefully this will be delivered. Also we are waiting on the president of virtual relatity vote audit.

Space....

6-a: Ventures into space will come in 2005. We hope to bring real time space ship combat with robot ships and other space living entities. Asteroid mining will also be a part of it. I envision a major star ship with a crew of 100 people all manning various functions of the ship, like engineering, guns, torpedos, strategic command, shields, power distribution, hull repairs, etc, allwoing for major epic battles in the sky.

Jobs

CRD chief executive David Liu predicted that the virtual worlds will generate approximately 10,000 jobs in the mainland.
“An important aspect for this project is also the positive effects on our environment that we foresee,” Liu said. “People will actually be able to work from home inside Entropia Universe, as many people do today, even from rural areas, thereby decreasing the amount of pollution generated by travel.”

When apartments and houses were first released there were promises made for a later upgrade to housing v2 which never happened

Space transportation missions. The auction delivery fee was to go into a pool which could be "gained" by those completing the transport missions.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-and-future&highlight=space+transport+mission
State of the Universe Address 2015

Space
In order to improve the quality and quantity of space content, we are working on several new features and systems. Those new features will be developed and released incrementally during 2015 and into 2016. The first stage of the Galactic Transport system will likely be included in the Version Update currently planned for June, and will offer transport missions with rewards drawn from the Galactic Transport pool that is funded by auction transfer fees.

To create the potential for more exciting and rewarding PVP activity in space, there are plans to refine the balancing of spaceships and spaceship weaponry in order. Along with that rebalancing, additional PVE space content is planned for Q3/Q4 2015.

In the AMA they did however say that these promises should not have been made, and were sorry for letting us down. I just hope they are still on the agenda.

Last edited:
A bunch of these things were discussed in the AMA recently, actually, including their thoughts on which promises they still do hope to one day achieve, some where they felt they had overpromised, some where there were no plans currently to implement in the future, and their thoughts on being aware of having at times overpromised in the past and wanting to be more transparent about their future plans and not promising more than they can deliver.

This thread has a good overview of most of it I think:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?308870-2019-02-08-AMA-summary

Last edited:
A bunch of these things were discussed in the AMA recently, actually, including their thoughts on which promises they still do hope to one day achieve, some where they felt they had overpromised, some where there were no plans currently to implement in the future, and their thoughts on being aware of having at times overpromised in the past and wanting to be more transparent about their future plans and not promising more than they can deliver.

This thread has a good overview of most of it I think:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?308870-2019-02-08-AMA-summary

oooh, I missed this completely, this is really good stuff, thanks! :)

edit: topic can be closed then, I checked the AMA forum out, that is pretty much exactly what I wanted. MindArk already was doing it apparently, so this topic is obsolete =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Back