Suggestion: Landgrab Teaming Suggestion

Rampsy

Dominant
Society
AO
Rampsy
Maybe this is just because I am a noob with no PVP experience, but I did my first landgrab today, and it was pretty impossible for me.

I tried to look for the names/society of players before I would shoot them, but I can only see the name when my crosshair is over a target. But because the targets in PVP are moving a lot, you barely have time to read the name.
So most of the times, I died before I even knew which target was on my team and which one wasn't.

I think the others have the same issue, because 80% of my deaths were kills on me from my own side :p So my allies killed me 4 times more than my opponents.

So because of that I had a few suggestions, and wanted to see how others think about it:

1. What does the PVP community think about an option to always see player name, or society name (even when not hovering)?

2. What does the PVP community think about having a teaming option in Landgrab? So, when entering Landgrab, you need to choose a team where you will be part of. You cannot switch teams during landgrab, to avoid abusers, and you cannot deal team damage + you see the dots in different color on your radar.

Maybe this is just because I am a noob with no PVP experience, but I did my first landgrab today, and it was pretty impossible for me.

I tried to look for the names/society of players before I would shoot them, but I can only see the name when my crosshair is over a target. But because the targets in PVP are moving a lot, you barely have time to read the name.
So most of the times, I died before I even knew which target was on my team and which one wasn't.

I think the others have the same issue, because 80% of my deaths were kills on me from my own side :p So my allies killed me 4 times more than my opponents.

So because of that I had a few suggestions, and wanted to see how others think about it:

1. What does the PVP community think about an option to always see player name, or society name (even when not hovering)?

2. What does the PVP community think about having a teaming option in Landgrab? So, when entering Landgrab, you need to choose a team where you will be part of. You cannot switch teams during landgrab, to avoid abusers, and you cannot deal team damage + you see the dots in different color on your radar.

In the landgrab scenario I think this both these options would be good... as for other PVP zones I do not think this be helpful at all...

In the landgrab scenario I think this both these options would be good... as for other PVP zones I do not think this be helpful at all...

Ah yes, sorry if it wasn't clear enough, but the suggestion is indeed only for landgrab :)
But good thing that you emphasised it.

Absolutely agree, above all for the second point.
I always wondered how mates succed to recognise enemy if not for their armor.
That's the main reason that pushes me to avoid LG, too frustrant having 2/3 players fighting in front of you without knowing whom to shoot.
TY Rampsy, glad I'm not the only one :laugh:

DRM

I'm all for teaming and being able to see your own team as green dots, but I think friendly fire is an important element of PvP. Without friendly fire you can just spam rockets into a crowd knowing safely that only your opponents will be killed. That is neither realistic nor does it facilitate the personal skill element of PvP.

Friendly fire also acts as a safeguard against trigger bots, though only to a moderate extent. Because you always have the potential to wound friendlies, having friendly fire do damage inhibits using a trigger bot at all times - whoever uses these must constantly shift from having the trigger bot on or off based on their situation. This inhibits some of the unfairness of using a trigger bot in the first place.

I'm all for teaming and being able to see your own team as green dots, but I think friendly fire is an important element of PvP. Without friendly fire you can just spam rockets into a crowd knowing safely that only your opponents will be killed. That is neither realistic nor does it facilitate the personal skill element of PvP.

Friendly fire also acts as a safeguard against trigger bots, though only to a moderate extent. Because you always have the potential to wound friendlies, having friendly fire do damage inhibits using a trigger bot at all times - whoever uses these must constantly shift from having the trigger bot on or off based on their situation. This inhibits some of the unfairness of using a trigger bot in the first place.

I see what you mean :)

I had mentioned it, to avoid people joining the wrong team on purpose. Cause if someone joins the defending team as an attacker, and shows up as a green dot, it completely fucks up the whole idea about the colors for teams :p

I see what you mean :)

I had mentioned it, to avoid people joining the wrong team on purpose. Cause if someone joins the defending team as an attacker, and shows up as a green dot, it completely fucks up the whole idea about the colors for teams :p

That makes sense. I suppose the best way to solve that issue would be simply expanding team size.

That makes sense. I suppose the best way to solve that issue would be simply expanding team size.

agreed, but I don't think this will be easy to implement, since the normal teaming system is a general system, not just for landgrab.

agreed, but I don't think this will be easy to implement, since the normal teaming system is a general system, not just for landgrab.

Increasing the team size to a size compatible with land grab has benefits outside of land grab as well. I have been on multiple team hunts in which we had 20+ people who wanted to hunt together, but we had to form two separate teams to facilitate this. Increasing the team size will benefit land grab AND standard hunting of big mobs.

Bumping this, please increase team size limit.

increasing team size may also effect team instances... maybe it's just best to add an alliance option, which allows, let's say 3 teams, to be marked as alliance.
Team instances could then be flagged as team only.

increasing team size may also effect team instances... maybe it's just best to add an alliance option, which allows, let's say 3 teams, to be marked as alliance.

Team instances like beacons/Aakas missions? I don't see why there is a need to limit that to 12 people either honestly. If 25 lower level players want to team up to do an Aakas 10 Key I say more power to them. That just unlocks the potential for more players to engage and have fun.

Team instances like beacons/Aakas missions? I don't see why there is a need to limit that to 12 people either honestly. If 25 lower level players want to team up to do an Aakas 10 Key I say more power to them. That just unlocks the potential for more players to engage and have fun.

i totally get the fun part, however this is more about creating need for better gear.
if it's capped to 12 people, then players simply need better gear than with a team of 25 and a groupe of 25 may just throw it of balance.

However, if something like 36 people alliance should make it into the game, then MA should ofc add extra instances tailored to such a large group.

i totally get the fun part, however this is more about creating need for better gear.
if it's capped to 12 people, then players simply need better gear than with a team of 25 and a groupe of 25 may just throw it of balance.

However, if something like 36 people alliance should make it into the game, then MA should ofc add extra instances tailored to such a large group.

I don't think this is actually about creating a need for better gear, but rather a need for improving collaborative efforts at Land Grab. All the other activities which larger teams can then participate are a bonus from the original intention of this thread's discussion.

They can set different limits for different instances, like in mayhem.

Back