Suggestion: Get rid of auto bid placement on items when placing an auction order

lethal

Prowler
lethal jewgirl saint
The mechanic is just annoying. I don't want to put a bid on an item and have to wait for it to time out. It doesn't even guarantee you get the item, so sometimes you just end up with a useless bid that ties up a bunch of ped and doesn't get the product. There's no way to turn this off to my knowledge, and obviously you can't cancel a bid you're placed, so there isn't even a way to avoid this happening if you need to put up an auction order for something and there are people with start bids lower than your order that time out before your order is up.

Yeah it is somewhat annoying. The best way to deal with it is only place 1 day orders so it won't bid on anything that is ending in more than 1 day. Not optimal though.

Auto bidding should only work for items which are within 3-6 hours from expiry rather then days in advance. It is very annoying indeed.

Let's talk about entrapment orders first. You know, CLD for 256 ped or some such.

It is also anoying for sellers, who look for orders and try to sell exactly that amount to the order, but stack does not sell because that order placed a bid already, which you cant see as the order still shows maximum amount.

I dont get why they fucked up orders that way, it work really nice in the past.

I wouldn´t mind if orders take timed out stacks that didn´t receive a start bid.

Anything else is just anoying for both buyers and sellers.

Why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone?

Orders should be able to be directly sold to instead of indirectly. As it stands right now, the entire system behind them is exactly what you want changed, an auto bid. Why not instead make them to where a player is able to sell to fill to that specific order. This would allow players to sell for exactly the MU offered by the order placer.

Granted a tutorial for this change would probably be needed, but that’s the other bird. I spent a far larger part of my 15 years in game than I care to admit, completely oblivious to how orders worked. Making this change and then providing a tutorial would increase awareness of this function and probably have a profoundly positive impact on the game.

And being able to sell directly to orders would stimulate the economy for new players trying to sell hunting loot.

Back