Question: M vs F armor MU

Acro

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Freelancer
Acronoid
I know it has always been like this, but why?
I mean, I tell everyone that it can save them thousands of peds on armor if they make a female avatar instead of a male one.
We got used to it, but it doesn't really make sense does it? It barely makes sense to have different armor for different genders, it makes even less sense to have equal amounts in a game where 80% of the audience is male.

Of course a lot of things don't make sense in entropia; but this one is just silly and doesn't do much good to MA or the game.

Much lower demand but generally the same amount of supply. MA does not drop armor according to M/F ratio in game.

I always thought M avatars should loot only M armor and F should loot F. That would balance it.

Much lower demand but generally the same amount of supply. MA does not drop armor according to M/F ratio in game.

I always thought M avatars should loot only M armor and F should loot F. That would balance it.

Yes, that would have been a very logical thing; but if they change it now, they still have a 15 year back log of even distribution.
And making armor unisex is going to upset many people with M armor.

Although maybe there should be a new type of armor for people that not associate to cater to the the new generations :D

Mean time it is safe to say to new people to play as female to save money :dunce:

I know it has always been like this, but why?

Because is correct! Please let gender ideology out of game. !!

Last edited:
It's a free market prices are according to supply and demand.

PS:
but this one is just silly and doesn't do much good to MA or the game.
Are you about to ask equal loot for M and F avatars? :cool:

Yeah, let's create some unisex transgender rainbow armour ?
Very inclusive!!

yea! i have asked about making armours unisex, so there aint no M or F armours, its just stupid that you can sae thousands of peds just to make a female avatar.
And drop rate of armours still is 50%-50% even when population is not nearly 50%-50%.

its just an old and stupid system.

Not like in the real world when you make armours you make female and male armours.

I mean lets implement sizes to armours aswell when we have female and male variants. *You looted pixi armour F size Small,medium,large,xl,xxl,xxxl,xxxxl,xxxxxl.....

Just make armours unisex and one size Mindark.. Pretty please with a cerry on the top!

yea! i have asked about making armours unisex, so there aint no M or F armours, its just stupid that you can sae thousands of peds just to make a female avatar.
And drop rate of armours still is 50%-50% even when population is not nearly 50%-50%.

its just an old and stupid system.

Not like in the real world when you make armours you make female and male armours.

I mean lets implement sizes to armours aswell when we have female and male variants. *You looted pixi armour F size Small,medium,large,xl,xxl,xxxl,xxxxl,xxxxxl.....

Just make armours unisex and one size Mindark.. Pretty please with a cerry on the top!

Uhhh?? How will my boobs ever fit into a M armour?
Also, that about my waste curves??

No, please, don't make entropia like a real world unisex place as well.

And if you really want to save ped on an armour, go make a female avatar!

Armour price is a very lousy reason to change the system!

The game is about mark up. If you want to save on mark up, become a trader. Leave the system as it is

I like the aesthetic differences between the male and female armour.

I can appreciate the frustration in the drop rate, but making them all the same would be boring.

I think it's nice that there are more F avas as there is an incentive to create them, we (gamers) must be one of the most progressive communities where males have no issues creating a F if there is a benefit to it! So we certainly don't need to get all unisex ;)

If only females could play females*, and only females could loot female armour, craft clothes etc, I am sure many would lose interest fast with frustration at the complete lack of supply. In essence this system is encouraging more RL females to continue to play ;)
That being said, I wear a lot of looted armour, Rutuba, Spartacus etc - and always struggle to get certain parts, and cant remember ever looting anything decent.

*since if you rebalanced then there would be less incentive for men to create them

Well I may be one of the last few but there is no amount of savings that would make me even consider playing a female avatar.. not because theres anything wrong with them infact just the opposite.. I love them too much haha..

As for armors... It might be kewl to have unisex armor provided they very much appear male/female when worn.

*edit* Unisex armor may also promote players playing theyre actual gender which would be very refreshing. Theres only so much guys hitting on guys and thinking theyre chicks u can take =p

I guess that would suck for all those that did create opposite gender avatars that were willing to bend over for thw right price! =p

Last edited by a moderator:
well if we wont change the armor, let us atleast have the ability to change sex, sence when we first make our avatars we dont know that female armours are 50% cheaper than male armours.

Its just unfair and a stupid system we have atm.

well if we wont change the armor, let us atleast have the ability to change sex

since always entropia universe allowed you to choose a different gender in the game to your sex in your real life. but once you've decided on the identity what you want to have in the game, and since it's an identity, it should not be changed like the underpants!! :cool:

since always entropia universe allowed you to choose a different gender in the game to your sex in your real life. but once you've decided on the identity what you want to have in the game, and since it's an identity, it should not be changed like the underpants!! :cool:

well if they do make unisex armor they could offer a 1time sexchange for all those that did choose based on price.

*edit* like they could post on website they put an NPC on calypso offering a 1time sexchange but actually put it in a cave on monria or something.. keeping with past traditions n stuff :)

Everyone changes sex, female armour becomes more expensive than male, everyone complains.

Everyone changes sex, female armour becomes more expensive than male, everyone complains.

Yes. also do this means swindle those who paid more for the type of equipment they have, to favor those who paid less. Talking about this proposal is not only crazy but a scam. I prefer not to talk about this again. :bs:

[ironymode]

while we're at it,
- let's remove blp and laser ammo, as well as (synthetic) mind essence and have universal ammo only
- let's remove all the different ores, matters and other crafting materials, make them all called 'resource' and 'the same markup'
- let's remove all the different clothing and make them all some gray uniform, so that it is equal.

[/ironymode]

diversity is the beauty of this world, both irl as in game. Lets... keep that :)

Because is correct! Please let gender ideology out of game. !!

that new monria armor looks to me to be genderless which to me is an excellent way. of course now MA can't just go and make all armor genderless because of the MU discrepancy. i'd like to see them make all armor wearable by either or like in RL. but if they do make all armor genderless they better do it fast and with no notice.

Yeah, let's create some unisex transgender rainbow armour ?
Very inclusive!!

would be politically correct but i don't agree with political correctness. furthermore the new regime in MA looks to be eliminating that particular weakness. leftists cannot survive the awakening.

but if they do make all armor genderless they better do it fast and with no notice.

in my opinion, to do that also would means to make avatars without "gender" and if they doing so would be a full stupid thing

[ironymode]

while we're at it,
- let's remove blp and laser ammo, as well as (synthetic) mind essence and have universal ammo only
- let's remove all the different ores, matters and other crafting materials, make them all called 'resource' and 'the same markup'
- let's remove all the different clothing and make them all some gray uniform, so that it is equal.

[/ironymode]

diversity is the beauty of this world, both irl as in game. Lets... keep that :)

Resources are all diffrent and you can CHOSE what to hunt and you have the ability to adjust to resources.
First time off the boat you have no idea Female avatars has cheapers armour cuz mindark are INEPT at making a balanced drop rate for all male and femal avatars.

Its just wrong..

Either fix the drop rate equal to female & male avatars OR make sex change possible just the same as you make a new haircut or change appearce.

Is there some data which has been complied statistically comparing the variation in costs, percentage of M v F avas, drop rates etc?

Happy to help with an Anova or wee T-test! ;)

I ask as I find it easy to find the male equivalent of what I am looking for on auction and shopkeepers, but not often the F parts. Could the strength of the difference across the board be a tiny bit anecdotal?

Is there some data which has been complied statistically comparing the variation in costs, percentage of M v F avas, drop rates etc?

I ask as I find it easy to find the male equivalent of what I am looking for on auction and shopkeepers, but not often the F parts. Could the strength of the difference across the board be a tiny bit anecdotal?

a simple thing to look for, look at mayhem event npc and you will see how mindark balance it. and it dont go with the flow of how many male or female avatar there is.

Its just lazy programming.

Some of the F,L parts the markup has dropped so low people probably just tt it.

OR make sex change possible just the same as you make a new haircut or change appearce.

You can't just change your sex. What would you do with the avatar names then?
This would create an all female base with all male names.
Even more ridiculous.

And if you would allow name change, well, that would be about the end of it...

You can't just change your sex. What would you do with the avatar names then?
This would create an all female base with all male names.
Even more ridiculous.

And if you would allow name change, well, that would be about the end of it...

in the future sex dont matter sence we grow our new children in boxes.

right? maybe could have children boxes on website next!

haha why not? funner than pets. and more useful too. especially when they get older.

Back