22 Negative hunts in a Row, A Constructive Look at the Future of Entropia, Loot, Fun and Growth

The Abomb

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
Honestly I didn't know what to call this thread and before people jump in and expect this to be a whining session, it isn't. I love the game and have played it too much since I started in 2016. Coming up on my 3 year anniversary and with massive changes since I started from Loot 2.0, a big camera change and new Moon. We have more and more items, deeds and still an increasing problem of less and less players.

Honestly with many Vu's of changes in my 3 years here one thing that hasn't changed is the common theme of players coming and going. They join with expectations of some fun in an RCE and leave faster than perhaps any game screaming to anyone they know to never try this game. I always wanted this game to grow as a avid gamer and reduce it's turnover and thought that Loot 2.0 would get us there but the theme is the same. No increased growth in hunters, pissed players, broken promises. Since MA doesn't market, the word of mouth on what people think of this game isn't the best, so obviously we can work on changing that.

I continue to play cause of the core concept of the game in an MMORPG which is to get skills and progress my Avatar completing missions around the Universe. I love endless progression and grinding in games to build the most powerful character possible. It's a fantasy world and well you want your character to be Uber!! However when that challenge is met with a never ending Negative one after another. It well makes many people say why am I doing this? Why am I getting skills? Why is the "down period" so long. Is there any point in building a powerful avatar? Which this last one is bad because that is the core concept of the game. Remember it is a game first and RCE second. Always will be a game first and the reason why we lack growth despite some changes that are positive we aren't there by a long shot. If the game is great people will play.

So there is a problem with loot 2.0 and gameplay. To deny it is blasphemy because if there wasn't a problem then this game would be thriving and new hunters, miners and crafters would be joining, streaming and making videos on how awesome Entropia is.

Smilgs Hunting log of an established Uber to see what one of Top End Hunter gets and last month 96.21% TT return

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...6-and-beyond&p=3703372&viewfull=1#post3703372

Lets objectively look at hunting and professions in general and ask ourselves what is acceptable? Obviously 96.21% is not even for a new character. To objectively look at Loot 2.0 lets take an extreme stance to look at the growth of the game. What if hunting was free? You always got 100% TT! MA wouldn't lose any money. Hear me out because this is how most games function. The profession itself isn't where people should be spending money. Money is spent on resto chips, guns, armor, plates, tiering, land deeds, shops, ships, rings etc etc....etc.... That is the price for playing the game! This is how all Free to play games that are successful work. The game is FREE!! The webshop and items is where you makes millions on players that are dying to log in and have fun. You establish a large player base and make money on people buying stuff to play. Which our webshop could use an overhaul on packs, armors, items etc.

When the actual profession and act of playing this game is a constant loss you lose players before they ever get started. They never deposit to buy that 5k resto chip, they don't buy the Moon deeds on the webshop, they don't deposit to purchase that awesome FEN item to enjoy the gameplay. This is the problem. Professions shouldn't be draining anyone's wallet. That is what the fun toys to play this game and pills, buffs are for.

The toys in this game are expensive and if hunting was free MA would make more money off more player that would be buying strong boxes, beginners packs, resto chips and get items to enjoy the game. We just would have less turn over and people investing in more items and either land or housing etc etc. ( lets not forget the housing market that needs an overhaul, and the gardening flop, gardens were dead before it got started as a project ) These towns and land plots should be thriving with people and their cars. However when you spend so much to just play how can you actually develop and invest in this market or Deeds? The few with deep pockets hold MA treading water instead of new player growth driving numbers through the roof.

What am I trying to get at? Hope I covered some of it and yes I did have 22 Negative hunts in a row and some will say "Down periods can last months" well hate to break it to you that isn't how a successful game is run. A down period shouldn't even last days! There are just other games to play if every time you log in you lose. However this isn't about my Negative hunting it's just an example of what everyone can experience. Something that no one should experience and how can we actually stop this ever happening in the next Loot 3.0 Honestly 5 negative runs in a row is completely not ok. You will lose the interest of new hunters and never get them to use the Webshop and invest in a game that looks like it is a constant loss to play.

Then when we look at the top hunters who have the most efficient gear, highest looter level and still only get an unacceptable 96.21% which isn't ok for anyone. Why would they stick around? Why would they buy CP or Moon Deeds? What is their drive to get to that level and deposit 10,000 of dollars? It becomes clear why this game has no growth and isn't successful.

What would be successful? I am the type of person to provide solutions instead of point the finger without explanation. If we had 3,500 active hunters last year on EL then this year the goal should be above 5k. Next year it should be 7,500. The year after that would be 10k Hunters and so forth. We need next to Zero turn over and to create excitement in Entropia. We need growth and way more players with the extreme size of this Universe. That is successful instead of more items, deeds, moons for less and less players.

We are at a tipping point where there is an overwhelming amount of Deeds and with CP coming it creates more of problem than solution. More to invest in with less players and money to do so. That is why the Ark Moon still has Deeds for sale and they should of sold out a long time ago. This is a problem. We need more players not more Deeds! We need better gameplay and transparency on loot and how to improve it to KEEP players that decide to download Entropia!

I am not angry at 22 Negative hunts in a row however I won't deposit just to keep hunting and I stopped that in Jan. I am merely addressing that when are we going to actually make hunting returns stable? So that way people can play and enjoy the game from Noob to Uber! If a new players joins and gets 5 bad hunts in a row they probably will be gone before they reach level 10. We need to get players immersed in the game and thrilled to play and invest. That knowing there aren't going to be unbearable periods of bad loot and they can utilize the webshop and splurge on fun things. ( also think webshop needs to add better armors and weapons for new players ) The fact is this game should be fun to play, cheaper and the money wasted on losing all the time should be spent on the webshop buying fun things to enjoy the game more. You keep players around and get positive word of mouth instead of the constant negative rep that this RCE has always had.

Think the looter profession is interesting and as a skiller a step in the right direction but it just isn't working well enough and there are logs showing that. It is lack luster and more fluff than effect. This is the truth and it needs to increase returns more than it currently does. That is undeniable!! They need to tack on another 3-4% increased return at least!

The average return of the common players should be 97-98% If players are getting below 97% than that is a failed game design for growth in the game. Just how it is for the reason I listed. However these new players should know that once they skill, invest in items, looter level they should have 100+ TT months. They should be constantly around 99%. It shouldn't be unheard of. This isn't breaking the bank as I kindly stated why since this money should be used on tiering, boxes, housing, land, deeds etc etc...

Also this game needs more positive press anyways of players making money!! Remember it is an RCE 2nd after being a game and if players aren't making money, winning prizes and events for items that are worth 10,000's then that is also a big problem.

I don't want to ramble and I write this because of my love for the game and hoping that the players that stuck around get to see this game grow and move towards a better future. That some day each planet will have 1,000s of active players on it. That housing will be flourished with players heck Id love a block party and the social aspect of the game to increase. I only hope that my thoughts and love for the game was put into words that construe we need changes and we need them sooner than latter!! Lets keep the players we have happy and more importantly lets get many many new ones to join!!

I wish everyone luck out there

Abomb The Peoples Champ

Last edited:
april_fools_day_keyboard.jpg

Abomb, a lot of players didn't like or accept what MA did to our controls.

Less active players, bigger losses.

Q.E.D.

Random garbage incomming

Make professions 100% return
Ban all means of transactions between players but the auction
Tax the auction house for profit

People would still whine :)

Make all professions 100% return
Make webshop for what exactly since you can grind forever cycling your money.
People still cry , mindark goes out of buissnes

Make all professions 101% return
Introduce new fiat currency thats used to run the professions but can't be used to be converted in real cash
Tax it , money sink it , make it exchangeable for peds wich are used for premium services , vanity and buffs to
create more fiat currency.

Now were close to a modern p2w asia mmo but i guess people would still whine

On a more serious note, OP is right i asked myself the question why to progress or why to play any activity and the awnser was , its boring. If mindark isn't able to change to direction and keep somehow the rce aspect , this game will never become mainstream

HMoney is spent on resto chips, guns, armor, plates, tiering, land deeds, shops, ships, rings etc etc....etc.... That is the price for playing the game! This is how all Free to play games that are successful work. The game is FREE!! The webshop and items is where you makes millions on players that are dying to log in and have fun.

That is called Pay to Win, and its the number one complaint on most free to play games.
Sure EU has the same issue in some respects, but they also allow you to withdraw money. All of these things would then have to be account bound and worth nothing in terms of ped...that's not why we play this game.

The problem with having returns closer to 100% TT is that uber players would be withdrawing constantly, that is money that MindArk loses directly, and MindArk is not in the business of giving away free money. They make money on deposits that people will never withdraw because they will lose them.

The only way I see Entropia becoming mainstream is if they make the exchange rate between PED and $ floating instead of fixed. Let players trade PED for $ between them and decide the price, MindArk could take 5% or so of every exchange and still sell things on the webshop. That way, MindArk can have returns close to 100% TT without any financial problem. The value of PED would definitely go down, but we would have way more players, since the game would stop requiring constant depositing to continue playing.

The way the system is now, someone has to lose in order for someone else to win. MindArk loses money every time someone withdraws, and that money has to come from losers that depo every month to continue playing, in addition to having to pay for the operating expenses of Entropia. MindArk has absolutely no incentive to increase the returns or reduce volatility as long as people keep depositing to lose money.

The problem with having returns closer to 100% TT is that uber players would be withdrawing constantly, that is money that MindArk loses directly, and MindArk is not in the business of giving away free money. They make money on deposits that people will never withdraw because they will lose them.

The only way I see Entropia becoming mainstream is if they make the exchange rate between PED and $ floating instead of fixed. Let players trade PED for $ between them and decide the price, MindArk could take 5% or so of every exchange and still sell things on the webshop. That way, MindArk can have returns close to 100% TT without any financial problem. The value of PED would definitely go down, but we would have way more players, since the game would stop requiring constant depositing to continue playing.

The way the system is now, someone has to lose in order for someone else to win. MindArk loses money every time someone withdraws, and that money has to come from losers that depo every month to continue playing, in addition to having to pay for the operating expenses of Entropia. MindArk has absolutely no incentive to increase the returns or reduce volatility as long as people keep depositing to lose money.

No players wouldn't be withdrawing constantly they have to pay 20k for that ring, 10k for that armor, 150k for that fap. Also we need more people available to invest in Land, deeds, housing etc etc.

On that note there "NEEDS" to be more players withdrawing! That is how a successful RCE would work. There should be news stories of X withdrew 50,000 PED. That is positive news. This is a good thing and it brings in more players to buy packs, deeds and start playing. MA makes money when people withdraw.

That is called Pay to Win, and its the number one complaint on most free to play games.
Sure EU has the same issue in some respects, but they also allow you to withdraw money. All of these things would then have to be account bound and worth nothing in terms of ped...that's not why we play this game.

not necessarily, played a F2P game where none of the shop items were BoA, worked quite good too, for a simple reason. Ingame-only were required to manufacture the best items in the game, shop items to upgrade those items to the highest tier... so depoers bought upgrade items from shop and sold them to non-depoers basically for the best items.. the depoers could save some time and the non-depoers could still get the depo exclusive stuff...

and? If 100.000-300.000 new players join and everyone depos 200-400$ over the first 3 years, that's a plus of 20-120 million$ in MAs account ^^

MindArk has absolutely no incentive to increase the returns or reduce volatility as long as people keep depositing to lose money.

I've never deposited to lose.Although I had a very long period I've lost a lot of money I knew at some point It will turn and it did.

and? If 100.000-300.000 new players join and everyone depos 200-400$ over the first 3 years, that's a plus of 20-120 million$ in MAs account ^^

Bingo.....:yay:

not necessarily, played a F2P game where none of the shop items were BoA, worked quite good too, for a simple reason. Ingame-only were required to manufacture the best items in the game, shop items to upgrade those items to the highest tier... so depoers bought upgrade items from shop and sold them to non-depoers basically for the best items.. the depoers could save some time and the non-depoers could still get the depo exclusive stuff...

And what was the name again of this free 2 play game where you could withdraw to a real bank account?

And what was the name again of this free 2 play game where you could withdraw to a real bank account?

I have made more money playing Free games like Diablo and WoW than this one. Granted I have withdrew here too as you should. Don't think the RCE aspect of this game is unique or draws people in these days. Not to mention other games will officially implement that again. Diablo was the first test of that legally by Blizzard. Next time it happens there will be even less draw to this game as popular RCE's make money. I did have fun with the RCE auction house in DIII though while it lasted. You played leveled a character and farmed Uber gear and sold it for money. Completely free to play. Of course even before that auction house players just traded items for cash. Heck the most expensive item in that game was sold outside of the game privately for 10,000 USD an almost perfect Echoing fury.

Is entropia Unique in the RCE market? ehhhhhh.... Never really has been. If you have something rare in a game people will pay 1,000s for it. Period. That is why I said the focus on the game is first and foremost then people will pay money to enjoy a great game and pay a lot of money for those items.

No players wouldn't be withdrawing constantly they have to pay 20k for that ring, 10k for that armor, 150k for that fap. Also we need more people available to invest in Land, deeds, housing etc etc.

On that note there "NEEDS" to be more players withdrawing! That is how a successful RCE would work. There should be news stories of X withdrew 50,000 PED. That is positive news. This is a good thing and it brings in more players to buy packs, deeds and start playing. MA makes money when people withdraw.

At some point uber players will run out of content or things to buy, like it happens in every other MMO. MA doesnt want more players withdrawing, MA wants people to spend money and never withdraw, that is literally how they make money.

This is literally the definition of a ponzi scheme, bring in new investors to pay the old ones. At some point these players will start withdrawing too, and MA will run out of new players to pay for the old ones.

As long as MA is paying for withdrawals, they won't increase TT returns because that means they will lose more money.

I've never deposited to lose.Although I had a very long period I've lost a lot of money I knew at some point It will turn and it did.

And that is because MA has enough people losing money. The way the game is set up, someone has to lose for others to win, it is a zero-sum game. If too many people made money and withdrawed, MA business model would not be sustainable.

And that is because MA has enough people losing money. The way the game is set up, someone has to lose for others to win, it is a zero-sum game. If too many people made money and withdrawed, MA business model would not be sustainable.

I only said I did not deposit to lose like you mention.If I would do that I would rather donate the money to someone who actually need and that would benefit.
I did deposit to achieve something that later on would pay me back.
If you deposit to lose then its just your problem.I want to believe not everyone does that.

At some point uber players will run out of content or things to buy, like it happens in every other MMO. MA doesnt want more players withdrawing, MA wants people to spend money and never withdraw, that is literally how they make money.

I really hope MA doesn't think that way as they lose tons of money with that thinking. People withdrawing money is a measure of the success of the game and economy. If people are withdrawing money they got taxed 2 times first on the deposit and then on the withdraw. Not to mention that is how a healthy economy of a game works. The players and MA make money.

As Alukat said having 1,000s of new players depositing money is how MA makes money then on transactions and webshop. A far larger players base spending 100s or 1,000s each would make MA far more money then the lonely few that isn't sustainable for business. If 100s of players are withdrawing that is a good thing for MA they get fees and these players are bringing in more money and investing.

It is a win/win for MA to have players withdrawing and the best form of marketing. This game is hardly living up to it's potential. Hope that can change.

Last edited:
This is literally the definition of a ponzi scheme, bring in new investors to pay the old ones. At some point these players will start withdrawing too, and MA will run out of new players to pay for the old ones.

No, it's a satisfying gaming experience and people will stay....
What do we have now? MA has to contiously find new players, so the old players can keep compensate TT-losses by constantly getting money from new players... once MA doesn't find new players anymore, guess what happens with the old players?

I never depo'd to compensate TT-losses, but i depo'd to speed up crafting expansion ^^

I stopped reading the OP pretty fast because I'm sure I know what you are saying without even reading it fully (although I recognize it was some great points)
This to me has always been the 100% main problem with the game - nothing else comes close to how bad loot can be or how much this game costs to play. It can be full of bugs, not current graphics, minimal story content, slow developments, and a whole bunch of other things - that can be all "forgiven" if the solid game is good.
I think this game is just that.
What it has going for it (among others) are: player created content, ability to "own" land and various other grand items, a great community, a game with pure freedom, and what is really special - is a MMO that crosses the globe where ALL players are on ONE server (universe) at one time. All other MMOs have various channels or zones, or servers that you are bound to.
What is wrong with this game is - low player volume (aka limited cash intake) and cost to play.

I LOVE this game, and played it for YEARS. However I can't continue as I did - I can't keep pumping in hundreds of dollars a month to end up with jack squat. It can't compete with another MMO I play that I've spend like $60 in 3 years and play every day. Do I like it as much? No, but I can deal with that when I happen to have 3 THOUSAND dollars more in my bank account. If you can't get the game to be around $100 or less a month at a high level then it will just never compete with the greater market. It will stay in a niche depending on dozens of high end spenders.

It is the Community, that keeps EU alive.

I can only imagine... how much money I've spent on all these other games. If MindArk would spend more time into make the game for itself more entertaining. $$$~

It is a second life for me~ you can spend money left and right in real life or in game. Budget wisely and you'll do fine. Always skill up in both IRL and SL. The rewards can be worth the time spent building yourself up. However, MindArk, it is 2019 and there are a great many beautiful worthwhile games that money can be earned from... *cough* look at steam players *cough*

However, the community has better ideas.

I have made more money playing Free games like Diablo and WoW than this one. Granted I have withdrew here too as you should. Don't think the RCE aspect of this game is unique or draws people in these days. Not to mention other games will officially implement that again. Diablo was the first test of that legally by Blizzard. Next time it happens there will be even less draw to this game as popular RCE's make money. I did have fun with the RCE auction house in DIII though while it lasted. You played leveled a character and farmed Uber gear and sold it for money. Completely free to play. Of course even before that auction house players just traded items for cash. Heck the most expensive item in that game was sold outside of the game privately for 10,000 USD an almost perfect Echoing fury.

Is entropia Unique in the RCE market? ehhhhhh.... Never really has been. If you have something rare in a game people will pay 1,000s for it. Period. That is why I said the focus on the game is first and foremost then people will pay money to enjoy a great game and pay a lot of money for those items.

Ahh Diablo 3....and their real life auction house...now how did that pan out again? oh wait they shut it down due to the numerous complaints they received from the majority of their fan base and all the balancing issues they had with it. Yeah sounds like a great comparison to make here....lets turn EU into a game that failed at the RCE concept. How about no, if you want that standard free to play model there are a ton of other games. Entropia is unique. Also other mmos that you can cash out in are not via the company that makes the game, its through 3rd parties and players, where the chance to be scammed is extremely high on both sides. You don't want that to open up here where things are worth considerably more.

They are not going to fundamentally change the game. And really, you are complaining about 96.21% tt return?

Ahh Diablo 3....and their real life auction house...now how did that pan out again? oh wait they shut it down due to the numerous complaints they received from the majority of their fan base and all the balancing issues they had with it. Yeah sounds like a great comparison to make here....lets turn EU into a game that failed at the RCE concept.

Are you really comparing D3, which had no item sinks at all at that time, with entropia which is filled with item sinks?

Last edited:
Ahh Diablo 3....and their real life auction house...now how did that pan out again? oh wait they shut it down due to the numerous complaints they received from the majority of their fan base and all the balancing issues they had with it. Yeah sounds like a great comparison to make here....lets turn EU into a game that failed at the RCE concept. How about no, if you want that standard free to play model there are a ton of other games. Entropia is unique. Also other mmos that you can cash out in are not via the company that makes the game, its through 3rd parties and players, where the chance to be scammed is extremely high on both sides. You don't want that to open up here where things are worth considerably more.

You are getting off the beaten path and the focus should be the topic. How do we fix this game, loot 2.0, it's future and make the game play better. However FYI the Auction house was shut down due to new Government laws it had nothing to do with the fan base. It is against the law to run a RCE game based out of California. Now that we got the facts straight.

Entropia is hardly this Unique RCE because if it was then it would be popular. People who take this stance where they think X is special end up going away in modern times. Kodak thought they were Unique and owned pictures till the IPhone came out. So please stop taking that ridiculous stance.

The important part to remember is this Game isn't growing. Which is a shame. I didn't know it existed till 2016. Most gamers still don't know of it's existence and the ones that find out stick around a few days/weeks and quit.

We have a few 1,000 players in this game and it isn't getting better and you can't compare it to other games that have millions of players. So there has to be changes to get this game to grow each year instead of continually getting worse. Fixing the professions and gameplay will accomplish that. Which was the point of the thread. Stop milking a small player base and actually make money the right way and give everyone a great game that brings in more players.

Last edited:
As you hunt, you lose TT value. This is pretty much a given in the current game state. The amount you lose depends on efficiency (you can pay for better tools to lose less). Let's call this global decay, and is the primary sink for PED in the game. You can control the amount you decay into the game by cycling more or less.

The other PED sink is withdrawals.

As the peds are decayed or withdrawn, sources of ped must replenish those lost peds. Those are the depositors, the people who actually support the game. They buy L weapons and armor and tools and mind essence, which support the crafters/miners/sweaters, etc. They are generally smaller players, not looking to make money but happy to gamble 20 or 200 dollars a month. WE NEED THESE PLAYERS. But even more importantly...

PED decay not only pays MA but it drives market value. Pre-Loot 2.0, TT+ was common if you knew what you were doing with the right tools. Which meant many of the heavy cyclers who were drawing ped out of the game were doing it just by grinding TT+, and you didn't need to consider market value when hunting, which means market was flooded because there was just too much cycling and too much materials being looted.

Now that ped decay is pretty much for everyone, the more experienced players actually consider how to hunt in order to stretch their peds, meaning they hunt things that are needed by crafters and miners and have markup that can cover the PED decay. The decay actually drives a healthy economy, if tuned properly.

I think the current game economy state is actually quite stable.

But the most important thing is to have more players to support the economy. They are what drives markup, and gives people the incentive to hunt and get markup.

Also, the way to have TT+ months is to cycle less. Then your peaks and valleys don't even out in a month LOL.

And what if it didnt? Thats the problem with this game.. the amount you need to cycle seems to be infinite to see some kind of stability in returns... some ppl say u need to cycle 100k ped.. some million peds.. by that time uve already lost thousands of dollars and all u have is the hope that maybe its not 100mil cycle on ur avatar before u might get something back

As the peds are decayed or withdrawn, sources of ped must replenish those lost peds. Those are the depositors, the people who actually support the game. They buy L weapons and armor and tools and mind essence, which support the crafters/miners/sweaters, etc. They are generally smaller players, not looking to make money but happy to gamble 20 or 200 dollars a month. WE NEED THESE PLAYERS. But even more importantly...

You can shift that away from relying solely on gamblers and people who depo and quit after a week or two to people who want to go higher and bigger...

thought experiment, what would happen if the tt-return would always be 100%?
My guess:
- the playerbase would grow
- people would depo more, because the gameplay is satisfying and they want to go higher, f.e. to be able to kill Zombie Kong solo or duo one day, and/or to be able to diversify even more.
- MA will still make money from auction/transport/depo/withdrawal fee and from fuel consumption by vehicles

So the money MA now takes via decay, most likely is going to end up still in their pocket through increased auction traffic.... and with more depoing and maybe more withdrawing happening from increased playerbase, they may even make more money there than they are currently...

unsatisfying gameplay, the way it is atm, is just a killer for the game...

It's ALL a matter of perspective. And maybe having the right or wrong expectations. And it's very hard to have the right expectations without some information/experience.
People, don't get stuck in TT returns! Otherwise you lost before you start.

While I can understand 22 consecutive runs can sound bad, while I can understand 96% doesn't sound too good, there's just more to it and you should not base your conclusion just on these numbers.
I can say right from the start that the 22 runs are for sure too short. While possible ofc, that would be a super rare occurrence and not common scenario.

Then when we look at the top hunters who have the most efficient gear, highest looter level and still only get an unacceptable 96.21% which isn't ok for anyone.
As for Smilgs, in the past 12 months, Smilgs had a profit of 8600+ PED/month (over 100k total). Good or bad, it's a matter of perspective but please look at the bigger picture always. As I said in that thread, loot cycles are not just 30 days, get it out of your system.

We need better gameplay and transparency on loot and how to improve it to KEEP players that decide to download Entropia!
We have enough transparency on loot. Developer notes explains how loot can be improved, people chose not to believe it, mainly, or hunt stupid mobs, or on taxed LAs.

Think the looter profession [...] isn't working well enough. They need to tack on another 3-4% increased return at least!
Looter profession ads from level 0 to level 100, a 7% in tt.

Bottom line, the TT is fine as it is now, in all professions. Proof is that there are dedicated players who can make it work nicely.

100% tt return is a stupid idea that woudl kill the game in less than a year. There would be no more incentive to play this game, since everyone would start grinding mindlessly turning every loot into tt food shortly, as everyone wuld be able to find it. Skills would be killed instantly, since you can use a DOA Foeripper at level 0, with 100% tt return, good right? :D

People, don't get stuck in TT returns! Otherwise you lost before you start.
While I can understand 22 consecutive runs can sound bad, while I can understand 96% doesn't sound too good, there's just more to it and you should not base your conclusion just on these numbers.
We have enough transparency on loot. Developer notes explains how loot can be improved, people chose not to believe it, mainly, or hunt stupid mobs, or on taxed LAs.
Bottom line, the TT is fine as it is now, in all professions. Proof is that there are dedicated players who can make it work nicely.
It was MA'c claim that tt return for high turnovers is in the 98% territory. And it looks like it is for some that are able to consistently hof every month.
It was their claim that looter skills would improve tt returns.
It was their claim that efficiency would improve tt returns.
Why should we not ask for a reason it does not seem to be working?

MU keeps on dropping on everything.
High end item MU keeps on dropping.
Skills MU keeps on dropping.

Meanwhile.

TT returns have had a significant drop with loot 2.0 for the chosen anyway.
Tier prices are going up (both tt and MU)

The pattern and the issue seems clear right?

As for Smilgs, in the past 12 months, Smilgs had a profit of 8600+ PED/month (over 100k total). Good or bad, it's a matter of perspective but please look at the bigger picture always. As I said in that thread, loot cycles are not just 30 days, get it out of your system.
Hmm, lets not forget that
  • supposed ~40k (as it was an item trade) out of that came from one fen item which is not part of the daily grinding routine. And that 6 months out of this period had a tt return of 100% or so.
  • the below 2 periods are characterized by a tt return of ~95%
  • - (Sep 2016 to Feb 2018) or 1.5 years with -148k and one month in plus throughout
  • - just after restarting (Jan 2011 to Mar 2013) or 2.25 years with -146k and 6 months in plus throughout

The donald trump of EU. You had no way of knowing that you would get out of your bad return period when you started same as I did not. You just hoped that it would change one day. Fortunately it did.

Back