Quote Originally Posted by Altamont View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone told me years ago:

1) Log in

2) Do 5 clicks in crafting
    3) Shoot 5 mobs
    4) Drop 5 probes

5) Log out

If you hit somthing big in this time be happy, if not, don't hope the long run will fix it...
    Did he also say how many times a day to repeat this process?

If it's just once a day, a 1000$ bankroll will last you a long time!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Konrad Nightstalker
    I think I've heard an idea to reduce the exchange rate on $ => PED. Let's say exchange rate is halved so 1$ equals to 20 PEDs

• Keep all costs/decays/fees the same as it is
    • All players will be compensated accordingly, so their TT value of all items they have is doubled
    • Withdrawal, deposit, webshop items also follow the same rate (20 PED = $1)
    • Cost to play in terms of TT is instantly halved, allowing player to cycle more and their deposit to last longer

The only bad downside I can think of is that MA getting half the profit they made before since depo frequency is potentially halved

IMO, in this current state, EU is not growing, but probably declining at a very small rate. MA will have to adapt / transform the RCE part of the game so that it can benefit the most, not just the few who can steadily profit.

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ihazbackup View Post
    IMO, in this current state, EU is not growing, but probably declining at a very small rate. MA will have to adapt / transform the RCE part of the game so that it can benefit the most, not just the few who can steadily profit.
    The numbers are in the annual report. Latest I saw it was growing, not stellar but steadily. Biggest losses came from side projects now discontinued.

As mentioned above, this game is at its core a system of redistribution. A rather complex one, but nonetheless. This means that only a minority ever can profit at the expense of the rest. It is not pure gambling as your skills to turn the tables in your favour matter, and participation in the markets is essential. You won't profit from cycling through the TT only. Screwing with the exchange rate or any other parameter that happens to catch someone's eye will not change this principle.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Mathilda nukegirl Chei
    Society
    Rangers
    I think I've heard an idea to reduce the exchange rate on $ => PED. Let's say exchange rate is halved so 1$ equals to 20 PEDs

• Keep all costs/decays/fees the same as it is
    • All players will be compensated accordingly, so their TT value of all items they have is doubled
    • Withdrawal, deposit, webshop items also follow the same rate (20 PED = $1)
    • Cost to play in terms of TT is instantly halved, allowing player to cycle more and their deposit to last longer

The only bad downside I can think of is that MA getting half the profit they made before since depo frequency is potentially halved

Just scale down your dps by 50% problem solved without gigantic overhaul of the game and massive headache

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Konrad Nightstalker
    Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    The numbers are in the annual report. Latest I saw it was growing, not stellar but steadily. Biggest losses came from side projects now discontinued.

As mentioned above, this game is at its core a system of redistribution. A rather complex one, but nonetheless. This means that only a minority ever can profit at the expense of the rest. It is not pure gambling as your skills to turn the tables in your favour matter, and participation in the markets is essential. You won't profit from cycling through the TT only. Screwing with the exchange rate or any other parameter that happens to catch someone's eye will not change this principle.
    I really hope it's true. Wasn't their net profit in 2018 statement also include TT values of inactive players (> 1 yrs of inactivity)? Cuz that's kinda dumb.

Also, isn't that a problem if a minority is profiting at the expense of majority? Yes, I know it's just like real life, etc, but if this goes on and the effect worsens over time, I'm not believing in their steady growth.

Reducing the exchange rate may sound like a band-aid fix, but then again, it doesn't change any core RCE principles in the game and I think it's doing more favor to the majority of players. Are there any other downsides of it aside from the one I mentioned?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Konrad Nightstalker
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathilda View Post
    Just scale down your dps by 50% problem solved without gigantic overhaul of the game and massive headache
    It's no fun shooting 10-50HPs mobs all the time to get steady return when $40-$50 / month is the only expense you can afford to play. We all want to move forward to kill bigger mobs / drop more probes / craft higher end items, but at this rate, it's unmanageable for small-mid players, or maybe we aren't worth to consider unless we cycle more than $100 per session?

I've always believed in "it's better to have 1000 players depositing $10 than 10 players depositing $1000"

Note that $40-$50 a month is already 3 times the standard cost of subscription-based MMOs. You may have the ability to withdraw your money, but last time I heard from the financial statement, only 30% of total deposit were withdrawn. Small / mid players can forget about withdrawing unless they hit a big one or become a full time trader.

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Also, isn't that a problem if a minority is profiting at the expense of majority? Yes, I know it's just like real life, etc, but if this goes on and the effect worsens over time, I'm not believing in their steady growth.
    How else could it possibly work? Money doesn't grow on virtual trees in a virtual world. That's what the "Real" part is all about. There is any number of fantasy games you can play for a modest fee to cover its operations but without being bothered by economic concerns inside of them. Here, they are part of the challenge and the very reason people choose it.

Reducing the exchange rate may sound like a band-aid fix, but then again, it doesn't change any core RCE principles in the game and I think it's doing more favor to the majority of players. Are there any other downsides of it aside from the one I mentioned?
    Again, it is a complex system. It definitely helps if one endeavours to understand at least the basic tenets of cybernetics (systems including feedback loops = mathematically trivial descriptions fail), quantum mechanics (individual event = random, statistical outcome = determined), entropy (which is in the name of the game -- why?). If this game can instill an interest in natural sciences, then its value by far exceeds its cost to play.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Konrad Nightstalker
    How else could it possibly work? Money doesn't grow on virtual trees in a virtual world. That's what the "Real" part is all about. There is any number of fantasy games you can play for a modest fee to cover its operations but without being bothered by economic concerns inside of them. Here, they are part of the challenge and the very reason people choose it.
    Alright, let's say there is always going to be small number of people profiting from the majority. After all, it's inevitable in RCE and we all play for different purposes (some to profit, some to just have fun, etc.). Is it perhaps the gap between the winners and losers too big? We've heard people getting 60-70% tt return and others getting 130-140% tt return. It does average to ~90%, but is it fair?

Again, it is a complex system. It definitely helps if one endeavours to understand at least the basic tenets of cybernetics (systems including feedback loops = mathematically trivial descriptions fail), quantum mechanics (individual event = random, statistical outcome = determined), entropy (which is in the name of the game -- why?). If this game can instill an interest in natural sciences, then its value by far exceeds its cost to play.
    I'm really not sure what do you mean by that. Mybe there's more meaning to it that I can comprehend, but I'd like to keep it as simple as possible and explore any possible fixes/updates/reforms/ whatever changes that can benefit to most players while also reducing the complexity of implementing it (you know MA).

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    ... too big?
    ... is it fair?
    These categories are highly subjective. Taken as opinion, it can be weighed against everybody else's but any conclusion will largely be driven by economic considerations in the company's own interest. What are the consequences on the other side of the fence of having more or fewer customers who can't/won't wrap their mind around the realistic aspects of the system? Anything else would not be rational.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Konrad Nightstalker
    These categories are highly subjective.
    I think it's less subjective than you think. If you lose 30% of your budget after a hunting/mining/crafting session, after using the most possible eco gear according to your budget and skill lv, you can bet 90% of the ppl would be pissed.

just my opinion

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast