Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    not necessarily, played a F2P game where none of the shop items were BoA, worked quite good too, for a simple reason. Ingame-only were required to manufacture the best items in the game, shop items to upgrade those items to the highest tier... so depoers bought upgrade items from shop and sold them to non-depoers basically for the best items.. the depoers could save some time and the non-depoers could still get the depo exclusive stuff...
    And what was the name again of this free 2 play game where you could withdraw to a real bank account?

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    And what was the name again of this free 2 play game where you could withdraw to a real bank account?
    I have made more money playing Free games like Diablo and WoW than this one. Granted I have withdrew here too as you should. Don't think the RCE aspect of this game is unique or draws people in these days. Not to mention other games will officially implement that again. Diablo was the first test of that legally by Blizzard. Next time it happens there will be even less draw to this game as popular RCE's make money. I did have fun with the RCE auction house in DIII though while it lasted. You played leveled a character and farmed Uber gear and sold it for money. Completely free to play. Of course even before that auction house players just traded items for cash. Heck the most expensive item in that game was sold outside of the game privately for 10,000 USD an almost perfect Echoing fury.

Is entropia Unique in the RCE market? ehhhhhh.... Never really has been. If you have something rare in a game people will pay 1,000s for it. Period. That is why I said the focus on the game is first and foremost then people will pay money to enjoy a great game and pay a lot of money for those items.
    The Abomb now has Advanced Wood! Level 44 Resource Gatherer, 5,165 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,263 Martial Arts
    I am growing strongah with the Force - 3,767 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    No players wouldn't be withdrawing constantly they have to pay 20k for that ring, 10k for that armor, 150k for that fap. Also we need more people available to invest in Land, deeds, housing etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    On that note there "NEEDS" to be more players withdrawing! That is how a successful RCE would work. There should be news stories of X withdrew 50,000 PED. That is positive news. This is a good thing and it brings in more players to buy packs, deeds and start playing. MA makes money when people withdraw.
    At some point uber players will run out of content or things to buy, like it happens in every other MMO. MA doesnt want more players withdrawing, MA wants people to spend money and never withdraw, that is literally how they make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    and? If 100.000-300.000 new players join and everyone depos 200-400$ over the first 3 years, that's a plus of 20-120 million$ in MAs account ^^
    This is literally the definition of a ponzi scheme, bring in new investors to pay the old ones. At some point these players will start withdrawing too, and MA will run out of new players to pay for the old ones.

As long as MA is paying for withdrawals, they won't increase TT returns because that means they will lose more money.

Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    I've never deposited to lose.Although I had a very long period I've lost a lot of money I knew at some point It will turn and it did.
    And that is because MA has enough people losing money. The way the game is set up, someone has to lose for others to win, it is a zero-sum game. If too many people made money and withdrawed, MA business model would not be sustainable.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jackson View Post
    And that is because MA has enough people losing money. The way the game is set up, someone has to lose for others to win, it is a zero-sum game. If too many people made money and withdrawed, MA business model would not be sustainable.
    I only said I did not deposit to lose like you mention.If I would do that I would rather donate the money to someone who actually need and that would benefit.
    I did deposit to achieve something that later on would pay me back.
    If you deposit to lose then its just your problem.I want to believe not everyone does that.

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    At some point uber players will run out of content or things to buy, like it happens in every other MMO. MA doesnt want more players withdrawing, MA wants people to spend money and never withdraw, that is literally how they make money.

I really hope MA doesn't think that way as they lose tons of money with that thinking. People withdrawing money is a measure of the success of the game and economy. If people are withdrawing money they got taxed 2 times first on the deposit and then on the withdraw. Not to mention that is how a healthy economy of a game works. The players and MA make money.

As Alukat said having 1,000s of new players depositing money is how MA makes money then on transactions and webshop. A far larger players base spending 100s or 1,000s each would make MA far more money then the lonely few that isn't sustainable for business. If 100s of players are withdrawing that is a good thing for MA they get fees and these players are bringing in more money and investing.

It is a win/win for MA to have players withdrawing and the best form of marketing. This game is hardly living up to it's potential. Hope that can change.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 04-09-2019 at 00:37.
    The Abomb now has Advanced Wood! Level 44 Resource Gatherer, 5,165 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,263 Martial Arts
    I am growing strongah with the Force - 3,767 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

This is literally the definition of a ponzi scheme, bring in new investors to pay the old ones. At some point these players will start withdrawing too, and MA will run out of new players to pay for the old ones.
    No, it's a satisfying gaming experience and people will stay....
    What do we have now? MA has to contiously find new players, so the old players can keep compensate TT-losses by constantly getting money from new players... once MA doesn't find new players anymore, guess what happens with the old players?

I never depo'd to compensate TT-losses, but i depo'd to speed up crafting expansion ^^

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Davin Trooper Felth
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I stopped reading the OP pretty fast because I'm sure I know what you are saying without even reading it fully (although I recognize it was some great points)
    This to me has always been the 100% main problem with the game - nothing else comes close to how bad loot can be or how much this game costs to play. It can be full of bugs, not current graphics, minimal story content, slow developments, and a whole bunch of other things - that can be all "forgiven" if the solid game is good.
    I think this game is just that.
    What it has going for it (among others) are: player created content, ability to "own" land and various other grand items, a great community, a game with pure freedom, and what is really special - is a MMO that crosses the globe where ALL players are on ONE server (universe) at one time. All other MMOs have various channels or zones, or servers that you are bound to.
    What is wrong with this game is - low player volume (aka limited cash intake) and cost to play.

I LOVE this game, and played it for YEARS. However I can't continue as I did - I can't keep pumping in hundreds of dollars a month to end up with jack squat. It can't compete with another MMO I play that I've spend like $60 in 3 years and play every day. Do I like it as much? No, but I can deal with that when I happen to have 3 THOUSAND dollars more in my bank account. If you can't get the game to be around $100 or less a month at a high level then it will just never compete with the greater market. It will stay in a niche depending on dozens of high end spenders.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Alexander David Blood
    Society
    Skilling Is Beautiful
    Images

Arrow It is the Community, that keeps EU alive.

I can only imagine... how much money I've spent on all these other games. If MindArk would spend more time into make the game for itself more entertaining. $$$~

It is a second life for me~ you can spend money left and right in real life or in game. Budget wisely and you'll do fine. Always skill up in both IRL and SL. The rewards can be worth the time spent building yourself up. However, MindArk, it is 2019 and there are a great many beautiful worthwhile games that money can be earned from... *cough* look at steam players *cough*

However, the community has better ideas.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 ... LastLast