Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have made more money playing Free games like Diablo and WoW than this one. Granted I have withdrew here too as you should. Don't think the RCE aspect of this game is unique or draws people in these days. Not to mention other games will officially implement that again. Diablo was the first test of that legally by Blizzard. Next time it happens there will be even less draw to this game as popular RCE's make money. I did have fun with the RCE auction house in DIII though while it lasted. You played leveled a character and farmed Uber gear and sold it for money. Completely free to play. Of course even before that auction house players just traded items for cash. Heck the most expensive item in that game was sold outside of the game privately for 10,000 USD an almost perfect Echoing fury.

Is entropia Unique in the RCE market? ehhhhhh.... Never really has been. If you have something rare in a game people will pay 1,000s for it. Period. That is why I said the focus on the game is first and foremost then people will pay money to enjoy a great game and pay a lot of money for those items.
    Ahh Diablo 3....and their real life auction house...now how did that pan out again? oh wait they shut it down due to the numerous complaints they received from the majority of their fan base and all the balancing issues they had with it. Yeah sounds like a great comparison to make here....lets turn EU into a game that failed at the RCE concept. How about no, if you want that standard free to play model there are a ton of other games. Entropia is unique. Also other mmos that you can cash out in are not via the company that makes the game, its through 3rd parties and players, where the chance to be scammed is extremely high on both sides. You don't want that to open up here where things are worth considerably more.

They are not going to fundamentally change the game. And really, you are complaining about 96.21% tt return?
    Xen Shop Summer Ring 2018 | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) t1.9 | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) t1.7 | Merry Mayhem 12 Shin Guards (M) t2.7 | Athenic Ring Adjusted | Artemic Ring Perfected | Hermetic Ring Augmented | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    Ahh Diablo 3....and their real life auction house...now how did that pan out again? oh wait they shut it down due to the numerous complaints they received from the majority of their fan base and all the balancing issues they had with it. Yeah sounds like a great comparison to make here....lets turn EU into a game that failed at the RCE concept.
    Are you really comparing D3, which had no item sinks at all at that time, with entropia which is filled with item sinks?
    Last edited by Alukat123; 04-09-2019 at 03:15.

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    Ahh Diablo 3....and their real life auction house...now how did that pan out again? oh wait they shut it down due to the numerous complaints they received from the majority of their fan base and all the balancing issues they had with it. Yeah sounds like a great comparison to make here....lets turn EU into a game that failed at the RCE concept. How about no, if you want that standard free to play model there are a ton of other games. Entropia is unique. Also other mmos that you can cash out in are not via the company that makes the game, its through 3rd parties and players, where the chance to be scammed is extremely high on both sides. You don't want that to open up here where things are worth considerably more.
    You are getting off the beaten path and the focus should be the topic. How do we fix this game, loot 2.0, it's future and make the game play better. However FYI the Auction house was shut down due to new Government laws it had nothing to do with the fan base. It is against the law to run a RCE game based out of California. Now that we got the facts straight.

Entropia is hardly this Unique RCE because if it was then it would be popular. People who take this stance where they think X is special end up going away in modern times. Kodak thought they were Unique and owned pictures till the IPhone came out. So please stop taking that ridiculous stance.

The important part to remember is this Game isn't growing. Which is a shame. I didn't know it existed till 2016. Most gamers still don't know of it's existence and the ones that find out stick around a few days/weeks and quit.

We have a few 1,000 players in this game and it isn't getting better and you can't compare it to other games that have millions of players. So there has to be changes to get this game to grow each year instead of continually getting worse. Fixing the professions and gameplay will accomplish that. Which was the point of the thread. Stop milking a small player base and actually make money the right way and give everyone a great game that brings in more players.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 04-09-2019 at 03:27.
    The Abomb now has Advanced Wood! Level 44 Resource Gatherer, 5,095 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,163 Martial Arts
    I am growing strongah with the Force - 3,253 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Prowler
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    As you hunt, you lose TT value. This is pretty much a given in the current game state. The amount you lose depends on efficiency (you can pay for better tools to lose less). Let's call this global decay, and is the primary sink for PED in the game. You can control the amount you decay into the game by cycling more or less.

The other PED sink is withdrawals.

As the peds are decayed or withdrawn, sources of ped must replenish those lost peds. Those are the depositors, the people who actually support the game. They buy L weapons and armor and tools and mind essence, which support the crafters/miners/sweaters, etc. They are generally smaller players, not looking to make money but happy to gamble 20 or 200 dollars a month. WE NEED THESE PLAYERS. But even more importantly...

PED decay not only pays MA but it drives market value. Pre-Loot 2.0, TT+ was common if you knew what you were doing with the right tools. Which meant many of the heavy cyclers who were drawing ped out of the game were doing it just by grinding TT+, and you didn't need to consider market value when hunting, which means market was flooded because there was just too much cycling and too much materials being looted.

Now that ped decay is pretty much for everyone, the more experienced players actually consider how to hunt in order to stretch their peds, meaning they hunt things that are needed by crafters and miners and have markup that can cover the PED decay. The decay actually drives a healthy economy, if tuned properly.

I think the current game economy state is actually quite stable.

But the most important thing is to have more players to support the economy. They are what drives markup, and gives people the incentive to hunt and get markup.
    IGN: Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho

Check out my stream! https://www.twitch.tv/lootdemon

Prowler
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Also, the way to have TT+ months is to cycle less. Then your peaks and valleys don't even out in a month LOL.
    IGN: Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho

Check out my stream! https://www.twitch.tv/lootdemon

Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    I've never deposited to lose.Although I had a very long period I've lost a lot of money I knew at some point It will turn and it did.
    And what if it didnt? Thats the problem with this game.. the amount you need to cycle seems to be infinite to see some kind of stability in returns... some ppl say u need to cycle 100k ped.. some million peds.. by that time uve already lost thousands of dollars and all u have is the hope that maybe its not 100mil cycle on ur avatar before u might get something back

Quote Originally Posted by Jhereg View Post
    As the peds are decayed or withdrawn, sources of ped must replenish those lost peds. Those are the depositors, the people who actually support the game. They buy L weapons and armor and tools and mind essence, which support the crafters/miners/sweaters, etc. They are generally smaller players, not looking to make money but happy to gamble 20 or 200 dollars a month. WE NEED THESE PLAYERS. But even more importantly...
    You can shift that away from relying solely on gamblers and people who depo and quit after a week or two to people who want to go higher and bigger...

thought experiment, what would happen if the tt-return would always be 100%?
    My guess:
    - the playerbase would grow
    - people would depo more, because the gameplay is satisfying and they want to go higher, f.e. to be able to kill Zombie Kong solo or duo one day, and/or to be able to diversify even more.
    - MA will still make money from auction/transport/depo/withdrawal fee and from fuel consumption by vehicles

So the money MA now takes via decay, most likely is going to end up still in their pocket through increased auction traffic.... and with more depoing and maybe more withdrawing happening from increased playerbase, they may even make more money there than they are currently...

unsatisfying gameplay, the way it is atm, is just a killer for the game...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    It's ALL a matter of perspective. And maybe having the right or wrong expectations. And it's very hard to have the right expectations without some information/experience.
    People, don't get stuck in TT returns! Otherwise you lost before you start.

While I can understand 22 consecutive runs can sound bad, while I can understand 96% doesn't sound too good, there's just more to it and you should not base your conclusion just on these numbers.
    I can say right from the start that the 22 runs are for sure too short. While possible ofc, that would be a super rare occurrence and not common scenario.

Then when we look at the top hunters who have the most efficient gear, highest looter level and still only get an unacceptable 96.21% which isn't ok for anyone.
    As for Smilgs, in the past 12 months, Smilgs had a profit of 8600+ PED/month (over 100k total). Good or bad, it's a matter of perspective but please look at the bigger picture always. As I said in that thread, loot cycles are not just 30 days, get it out of your system.

We need better gameplay and transparency on loot and how to improve it to KEEP players that decide to download Entropia!
    We have enough transparency on loot. Developer notes explains how loot can be improved, people chose not to believe it, mainly, or hunt stupid mobs, or on taxed LAs.

Think the looter profession [...] isn't working well enough. They need to tack on another 3-4% increased return at least!
    Looter profession ads from level 0 to level 100, a 7% in tt.

Bottom line, the TT is fine as it is now, in all professions. Proof is that there are dedicated players who can make it work nicely.

100% tt return is a stupid idea that woudl kill the game in less than a year. There would be no more incentive to play this game, since everyone would start grinding mindlessly turning every loot into tt food shortly, as everyone wuld be able to find it. Skills would be killed instantly, since you can use a DOA Foeripper at level 0, with 100% tt return, good right?

Twitch channel
    | EntropiaLife profile | PM for "Eve's mod fap fen service" | Face masks

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    People, don't get stuck in TT returns! Otherwise you lost before you start.
    While I can understand 22 consecutive runs can sound bad, while I can understand 96% doesn't sound too good, there's just more to it and you should not base your conclusion just on these numbers.
    We have enough transparency on loot. Developer notes explains how loot can be improved, people chose not to believe it, mainly, or hunt stupid mobs, or on taxed LAs.
    Bottom line, the TT is fine as it is now, in all professions. Proof is that there are dedicated players who can make it work nicely.
    It was MA'c claim that tt return for high turnovers is in the 98% territory. And it looks like it is for some that are able to consistently hof every month.
    It was their claim that looter skills would improve tt returns.
    It was their claim that efficiency would improve tt returns.
    Why should we not ask for a reason it does not seem to be working?

MU keeps on dropping on everything.
    High end item MU keeps on dropping.
    Skills MU keeps on dropping.

Meanwhile.

TT returns have had a significant drop with loot 2.0 for the chosen anyway.
    Tier prices are going up (both tt and MU)

The pattern and the issue seems clear right?

Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    As for Smilgs, in the past 12 months, Smilgs had a profit of 8600+ PED/month (over 100k total). Good or bad, it's a matter of perspective but please look at the bigger picture always. As I said in that thread, loot cycles are not just 30 days, get it out of your system.
    Hmm, lets not forget that
    • supposed ~40k (as it was an item trade) out of that came from one fen item which is not part of the daily grinding routine. And that 6 months out of this period had a tt return of 100% or so.
    • the below 2 periods are characterized by a tt return of ~95%
    • - (Sep 2016 to Feb 2018) or 1.5 years with -148k and one month in plus throughout
    • - just after restarting (Jan 2011 to Mar 2013) or 2.25 years with -146k and 6 months in plus throughout

Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    I've never deposited to lose.Although I had a very long period I've lost a lot of money I knew at some point It will turn and it did.
    The donald trump of EU. You had no way of knowing that you would get out of your bad return period when you started same as I did not. You just hoped that it would change one day. Fortunately it did.
    check out Smilgs hunting log and Smilgs coloring, texturing, beauty service
    high efficiency stuff and looter skills seem to work again for me as of 2019

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast