PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 133
  1. #31
    No they said the AVERAGE would be 98. That means someone might have 97 someone might have 98 someone might have 99. Depending on choices they do.

    They never guaranteed you to get 98% girtsn.



    This whole idea of fixed 100% TT return is garbage in my opinion. It would kill the thrill of the game instantly.

  2. #32
    Marauder girtsn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Belgium
    Avatar
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    Guess Who
    Posts
    6,769
    Images
    380
    I understand averages. My thinking was/is that having acquired higher than average looter skills and some of the best efficiency weapons and doing some of the highest turnovers over time I would be at least somewhere in the average zone. But even this is "dynamic".
    Not asking for 100% tt return just for my efforts to reflect on it and MA to live up to its promises on critical things like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Lord View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No they said the AVERAGE would be 98. That means someone might have 97 someone might have 98 someone might have 99. Depending on choices they do.
    They never guaranteed you to get 98% girtsn.
    This whole idea of fixed 100% TT return is garbage in my opinion. It would kill the thrill of the game instantly.
    check out Smilgs hunting log and Smilgs coloring, texturing, beauty service
    for chosens high efficiency stuff & looter skills work longterm - and others can go f... themselves. as usual

  3. #33
    Guardian yeeck's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    yee yeeck ck
    Posts
    329
    Now only you know ? after 22...only... what a joke.

    Funny thing about this thread is no body comment this is an old stories, kind like tell and tell again and again, kind of friendly whining, and blah blah blah kind of stuffs I get in the past few years.

    Why so worry? Just continue to deposit and contribute to the game like me. I am very sure that will help your love game. I deposit and never think of withdraw. That make you better right?

    Why need more new players ? so that they will contribute too and you can contribute lesser?

  4. #34
    Provider unufain8's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2012
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Romania
    Avatar
    -Saphire of Dark-
    Posts
    204
    Images
    16
    Make EU Great Again!!!! Let People Get 20k Loot On Atrox!!!!!!



  5. #35
    Provider Avery Howell's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    .UK .RU
    Avatar
    Ash
    Society
    The NBK
    Posts
    200
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by unufain8 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Make EU Great Again!!!! Let People Get 20k Loot On Atrox!!!!!!


    In the old days 20K Atrox was not uncommon - with Argo you could get decent returns 300-900 ped was not uncommon and not long after vu10 I saw a 9k Argo drop (iirc).

  6. #36
    Stalker San's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Location
    That freaking cold place (in RL)
    Avatar
    Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Posts
    2,107
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    21
    You. Can. Not. Profit. From. The. Game. Only. From. Other. Players.

    Which means, since also the house needs to cover its cost to run, there will only ever be a minority of producers who profit from a majority of consumers.

    The more recently introduced looter skills and efficiency parameter influence your statistical chances of loot quantity and quality depending on where you stand. The investment needed to lift yourself above the average is either decided upon or also derived dynamically depending on what the playerbase as a whole is willing to put in. It may be too much for many. If at lower levels even selling your loot for markup doesn't help, or finding buyers at all is too frustrating, then the problem of low retention will never go away. The ArMatrix line was meant to improve this but the lack of consideration for the outer planet partners with its introduction exacerbated the problem for those instead.

    Creating a stable cyclical system out of all these interdependencies is a tall order indeed. In the real world, any development which is not sustainable is destined to perish. Still, even people who find themselves at the losing end of the stick continue to pay "gods" who do a terrible job of making the world "just" for them. They manage to keep this up by pressuring each other to believe. Does anyone see the parallels? Except, here we have a choice to determine our motivation freely and these may be quite varied. The skills to explore and understand them are not taught in marketing or business administration degree programs.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

  7. #37
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,321
    Images
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Lets objectively look at hunting and professions in general and ask ourselves what is acceptable? Obviously 96.21% is not even for a new character. To objectively look at Loot 2.0 lets take an extreme stance to look at the growth of the game. What if hunting was free? You always got 100% TT! MA wouldn't lose any money. Hear me out because this is how most games function. The profession itself isn't where people should be spending money. Money is spent on resto chips, guns, armor, plates, tiering, land deeds, shops, ships, rings etc etc....etc.... That is the price for playing the game! This is how all Free to play games that are successful work. The game is FREE!! The webshop and items is where you makes millions on players that are dying to log in and have fun. You establish a large player base and make money on people buying stuff to play. Which our webshop could use an overhaul on packs, armors, items etc.
    Nah, that won't work.

    You need the 95% tt return for a chance to win more than 100%.
    That's the gambling aspect EU floats on.

    You wont buy a lottery ticket if you will always get your money back. That would be useless.

    And lets be honest, I think the majority of the playerbase loves the gambling aspect. The chance to win more then you spent.
    Without this gambling aspect the game would have died long ago.

  8. #38
    Dominant The Abomb's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Avatar
    Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    368
    Images
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah, that won't work.

    You need the 95% tt return for a chance to win more than 100%.
    That's the gambling aspect EU floats on.

    You wont buy a lottery ticket if you will always get your money back. That would be useless.

    And lets be honest, I think the majority of the playerbase loves the gambling aspect. The chance to win more then you spent.
    Without this gambling aspect the game would have died long ago.
    Ummm comparing Entropia to gambling instead of a video game is not only odd but also wrong. I am not here to gamble and don't like gambling. (besides that is illegal right ) Most people who play video games aren't there to gamble they are there to progress. MMORPGs are about progression. That is what this game is about at it's core and what it's focus should be in order to draw in more people to enjoy "the game"

    This is a video game and the core aspect of gameplay is building up an Uber character to enjoy the world of Entropia Universe. The building of this character should be more streamlined and possible without needing massive money just to complete missions and perform the basic activities in the game. We want people to get a chance to see what this game is about and actually reach 30 lvl and enjoy the game to stick around and then invest in better gear/land. This stream line gameplay comes from far better ways to cycle PED in each profession. PED just needs to last way way longer to give people a chance to really get immersed into an MMORPG.

    I would love to see the game more about what it is meant for which is skilling and progression. Lets keep people in game doing that in this sandbox with the professions they want to advance their avatar with. Instead of going broke before they get started because of a long down period. Which is a problem. This game has bad marketing and bad turnover. So we get too few players starting to play and too many quitting. Both need to change.

    End of the day we need significantly more players ( not gamblers ) Lets work on getting people here to play. Lets get gamers in here that help transform Entropia into the game it should be.

    Hope MA has a tactical plan for doing of aggressively working on getting more people in the game and staying. If they don't then they need to get one fast and announce it. ASAP.

    Like all gamers I would never play a video game to lose money. That isn't what gaming is about.

    Time for this game to grow.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 04-09-2019 at 10:11.
    The Abomb now has Advanced Wood! Level 44 Resource Gatherer, 5,165 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,263 Martial Arts
    I am growing strongah with the Force - 3,767 Force Merge

    Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

  9. #39
    Prowler Evey's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Avatar
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Posts
    1,566
    Images
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by girtsn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmm, lets not forget that
    • supposed ~40k (as it was an item trade) out of that came from one fen item which is not part of the daily grinding routine. And that 6 months out of this period had a tt return of 100% or so.
    • the below 2 periods are characterized by a tt return of ~95%
    • - (Sep 2016 to Feb 2018) or 1.5 years with -148k and one month in plus throughout
    • - just after restarting (Jan 2011 to Mar 2013) or 2.25 years with -146k and 6 months in plus throughout
    Ofc we will forget, girtsn, we, the community, because, everyone will look an analyze through their eyes, their perspective, their expectation and also, like you say, their country's average salary, or their potential salary, their pay/time spent. This is because
    - some people think the 90%+ tt is a myth, these people shoot 5 mobs a month/year and think they are hunters and this game is a casino;
    - some people will be happy with 95%tt + when they have a lot of fun and spend little, or just gamble;
    - some people will be happy with 96%tt when they are having some fun but some MU as well, chase the smart hunt/grind;
    - some people will only be happy at 97%+ because they will make some profit from MU.
    - some people will only be happy at 98% and some will only be happy at 100%+
    Just as some are OK with 10 cents per hour while others are ok with 200$/hour.

    It's all a matter of perspective and with years, fun goes away, it becomes just a business, a way of living or a part time job... if you are capable of course.

    NO, I am not happy about my last 22 runs/days either. But my result might satisfy someone else, with cheaper gear.
    - I have 94% tt,
    - 2 positive dyas in past 22 days (79ped+ and 200ped+).
    - 200k turnover.
    - not enough MU to cover.

    BUT, it's just a bad period that will pass, better days will come, better luck with MU etc. I won't judge the game by the last 22 days. Or a bad month. No one should. If you do, you already lost.

    Twitch channel
    | EntropiaLife profile | PM for "Eve's mod fap fen service" | Face masks



  10. #40
    Dominant The Abomb's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Avatar
    Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    368
    Images
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's all a matter of perspective and with years, fun goes away, it becomes just a business, a way of living or a part time job... if you are capable of course.

    NO, I am not happy about my last 22 runs/days either. But my result might satisfy someone else, with cheaper gear.
    - I have 94% tt,
    - 2 positive dyas in past 22 days (79ped+ and 200ped+).
    - 200k turnover.
    - not enough MU to cover.

    BUT, it's just a bad period that will pass, better days will come, better luck with MU etc. I won't judge the game by the last 22 days. Or a bad month. No one should. If you do, you already lost.
    It isn't a matter of perspective. This game is factually not growing. It factually has to high a turn over rate for not getting enough new gamers to play, then the players we do get they quit. It has been this way since I got here and long before. There have been some positive changes however a lot more work has to be done to increase the success of the game and gameplay.

    2 positive days in the past 22 days is bad game design. This is a factual statement. It has nothing to do with perspective. It has to do with standards and you accepting bad game design. However bad game design doesn't grow Entropia.

    The issue is the bad periods when there are just other games to play and when they happen players just go play those games instead of this one. I think you are missing the point of the thread some and talking about perspective when it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with a better game design and getting us to that point. Increasing the game play, fun and bringing in more players and keeping them.

    Obviously as it is now is a failure however like all failure it just tells you what is wrong and what to work on.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 04-09-2019 at 11:01.
    The Abomb now has Advanced Wood! Level 44 Resource Gatherer, 5,165 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,263 Martial Arts
    I am growing strongah with the Force - 3,767 Force Merge

    Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook