PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Prowler
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but new players will, it's their first impression, what do you think is going to happen when the first impression is MA sucking the PED card dry in no time and never paying back? Right, new player leaves...

and as it goes for the old players, having downswing that lasts for 8-12 months or maybe even longer, it just sucks for them and at some point they get tired of it and leave as well... even the patience of very patient players is limited....

sure you can stubbornly stand there "everythings fine, you just need to play longer" while players are walking away from the game, but then don't wonder if there's barely any players playing...
    The thing is, for new players, their peds actually last a really long time now, just because their cycle rate is so much lower. Imagine cycling 100 ped an hour @ 95%. 10 dollars will last you at least 20 hours assuming you TT everything.

Losses only start to seem a bit much as cycle rate increases...
    IGN: Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho

Check out my stream! https://www.twitch.tv/lootdemon

Quote Originally Posted by Jhereg View Post
    The thing is, for new players, their peds actually last a really long time now, just because their cycle rate is so much lower. Imagine cycling 100 ped an hour @ 95%. 10 dollars will last you at least 20 hours assuming you TT everything.

Losses only start to seem a bit much as cycle rate increases...
    Imagine cycling 100 PED an hour @80%, which is pretty common when it comes to crafting, your 10 dollars only last 5 hours and that only if you cycle them on EP...
    Last edited by Alukat123; 04-09-2019 at 19:03.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    but new players will, it's their first impression, what do you think is going to happen when the first impression is MA sucking the PED card dry in no time and never paying back? Right, new player leaves...
    Any new player who is cycling PEDs fast enough that they might feel they are being "sucked dry", is a) a moron and/or b) a gambling addict. In either case, it's probably best, for their own sake, that they leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    Any new player who is cycling PEDs fast enough that they might feel they are being "sucked dry", is a) a moron and/or b) a gambling addict. In either case, it's probably best, for their own sake, that they leave.
    What's the point in having run with returns as low as 60% or getting 20-30 bad return runs in a row or a down swing that lasts over 9 months other than risking that players leave disappointed? There's nothing good in having that....

Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    Remember it is a game first and RCE second.
    This is the biased postulate of this thread.

PE was more than a game (even MA said), BECAUSE it was a RCE.
    So it was first a RCE.
    At some point MA decided to change this, and make a simple game out of it.
    So that's what it is now for real players (hunters/miners/crafters..), a simple game, and the most expensive one.
    MA simply "forgot" to tell players it now became a "one-way" RCE..

In a RCE you would try to WIN, so to earn money, and it was possible.
    I remember myself whith my old avatar, back in 2008/2009, after about 500$ deposit, I've had 2000$ in a single loot (Trox young).
    This will never happen anymore, especially after 2.0.
    Cause now the return are tracked for one good reason, to makes you get the 95% return, if you are +5K one day, you will loose 5K the next day.

For sure a few people will get positive return sometimes, the choosen ones who post their good result here on forum, or the ones streaming, etc..
    Few is needed to give hope to the people..

But most are now happy whith 95% 97%, whatever the number, anyway it's just negative return.
    And people are OK whith that cause they now see this as what it is; just a game.

Be sure the % return will never be better, and it will only decrease because it can't be any other way.

MA use Shares to get big amount of money, CLD sold for 6M$ for example (it probably saved their company).

But what will happen when owners of CLDs will have been paid for 6M$ ?
    Then CLD will become 100% loss for MA, so what will they do ?
    New deeds...

CP deeds are coming soon.
    Then it will keep the game alive for a bit more, but will they continue like this endlessly ?
    Will they create deeds for Amethera non-claimed lands ?
    Then create a new moon for Caly and so deeds for it ?

It's doomed, sooner or later it will collapse.

So EU is a RCE for few people only now; Traders, Deed owners who don't play, etc..
    And it's only a game for you players, you will never make money playing this game.

Now some people think it's OK, they think this game is "fun", well why not.. they probably don't know alot of other games if they think endless grinding for nothing is fun..
    Or they just don't know that this game is not a RCE anymore..

And maybe you guys should start to talk about $ instead of PED or % return.
    Then it's more realistic to see that you can loose 10$/20$/50$/100$ every hour at medium/high level.
    And so you'll stop asking yourself why you are trying to level-up, to grow your avatar.

Because indeed, the % return will never be better than 95% on the long run.
    So the only thing you gain from it is the possibility of losing more money, faster.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    Because indeed, the % return will never be better than 95% on the long run.
    Funny because on 2018 official mindark returns I received shows different.
    Or maybe you tried to say that 95% for the majority of people who uses avg-decent tools/skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    Like xen said, you're asking to fundamentally change the game. It's just not feasible and it's not a good idea. Maybe make a new game, but dont try to change something that's worked for 15 years.
    The MMORPG market should have a couple hundred million potential players, EU has what? a couple thousand of them? What makes you think the way worked for 15 years when the game still only has a couple thousand players in a market with several hundred million players, when so much stuff (space stuff etc.) has been/had to obviously be canceled/delayed?

Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    Funny because on 2018 official mindark returns I received shows different.
    Or maybe you tried to say that 95% for the majority of people who uses avg-decent tools/skills.
    So EU is a RCE for few people only now; Traders, Deed owners who don't play, etc..
    Believe it or not but the "etc.." was meant mostly for big investors.

No doubt you are in top 10 biggest depositors, probably top 5, and why not First.
    So as I told you some time ago, you are an exception, and you should accept it.
    (and that also why you just CAN'T give advice to average players in this game, especially talking about bankroll managment.. but that's off-topic)

Indeed I was talking to usual players, so 90% of player-base, not to the exceptions.

Nor to the choosen ones..

For sure a few people will get positive return sometimes, the choosen ones who post their good result here on forum, or the ones streaming, etc..
    Few is needed to give hope to the people..

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Images
    No doubt you are in top 10 biggest depositors, probably top 5, and why not First.
    So as I told you some time ago, you are an exception, and you should accept it.
    (and that also why you just CAN'T give advice to average players in this game, especially talking about bankroll managment.. but that's off-topic)

Indeed I was talking to usual players, so 90% of player-base, not to the exceptions.

Nor to the choosen ones..
    I am not even top 50 depositors if you ask me.
    I don't understand the exception part.I decided and worked my way to that level at all cost.When I did register to play the game there was no option "press here if you are an exception".

I do appreciate correcting what you just said.I want to make sure we are on the right page.People might understand different reading the same line of text.

Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    I am not even top 50 depositors if you ask me.
    I don't understand the exception part.I decided and worked my way to that level at all cost.When I did register to play the game there was no option "press here if you are an exception".

I do appreciate correcting what you just said.I want to make sure we are on the right page.People might understand different reading the same line of text.
    Not in the top 50 depositors ?..
    Let's be serious..

Anyway, I don't correcting anything, it's just question of time spent..
    If this game is your whole life, it's not mine.
    So I can't spend 2 hours for a post, to list every single thing, the "etc.." was meant for that.
    I guess most people get what I mean in the post anyway.

And the fact you are trying to get the discution focus on an insignificant detail show that the real meaning of the post is disturbing for you.

I can understand that you always try to take defense of the game since you succeed in it.
    But be sure I'm not even working against the few people who succeed in it.

Indeed the day it will collapse, you will not be an exception.
    And maybe you will be one of the most affected.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast