Anyone know avatar Alex Star Grey?

Status

Celia

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
celia penats krok
I tried to find him from player register but he is not there. Do anyone know him and how to send message to him?

he is a reseller just placing orders non stop

Check the explosive bps as well . He probably stop me from gamble on them atleast 100 times because i will never ever buy a BP from him and he own 90 % of them

and Mindark saying market manipulation is against the EULA...

Where is the police when you need em.

They need to root out those parasites.

is he in a society? or have friends? perhaps someone has him on friends list? op may have important message for him

If I had to take a guess, Alex Star Grey is an alt of someone else in game, I doubt that the account is a main account.

What Alex is doing is in my opinion market manipulation, and it's still a wonder to me as to why MA continues to let it go on without intervening in some way. I have written and submitted a support case, but all I got back was a default reply. Perhaps, if more people in game reported it something would be done.

I am definitely conservative when it comes to regulation of the economy, I prefer a less regulated economy. But, in a case like this I'm all for enforcement in some way by MA. Now, MA doesn't even have to punish Alex directly. In fact I dont think Alex should get a suspension or have his account locked. Instead, I think MA should drastically increase the drop rate of opals to send Alex Star Grey a message that what he has done to manipulate the opal market is wrong. This would hurt him where it counts most, his wallet.

It's a fine line MA has to walk, in controlling the economy. People should definitely be allowed to buy low and sell high. So I'm not advocating for intervention any old time a resource gets a little tight. But what Alex is doing has crossed way over the line of "speculation", and it crossed that line months ago.

Alex's actions have been a big "fuck you" to the community and those wanting to tier their items over the last year.

At the end of the day, people just want to tier their shit, and they don't mind paying to tier it, so long as they're not getting bent over and screwed by market manipulators. It would be one thing if Opal MU%'s soared up to 600-700% for a few months and then went back down, but we've been at unreasonable prices for way too long without MA stepping in and doing something. (My opinion of course).

The simple supply and demand theory would correct the market in 48 hours, and Alex, and others like Alex would be left taking a huge loss on all the opals they're hoarding.

My two cents.

others who have been manipulatin the market are long gone and banned.
Its just wrong.

Try to do market manipulation irl and see how it goes.....

i say ban those ppl and send a msg to those who do it. They destroy the game for others and making a killing from it.

Just have a large sum of ped and start hoarding a few items ppl want the most and then increase the price.

Just have a look at the melee VI amps.. 3 other resellers are hoarding em for the same thing.
its just way to common for ppl to manipulate the market without punishment.

EULA works when mindark lose money, but when players lose money we can look the other way......

..., Alex Star Grey is an alt of someone else in game, I doubt that the account is a main account.

What Alex is doing is in my opinion market manipulation, and it's still a wonder to me as to why MA continues to let it go on without intervening in some way. I have written and submitted a support case, but all I got back was a default reply. Perhaps, if more people in game reported it something would be done.

this.

Nothing more, nothing less.

If I had to take a guess, Alex Star Grey is an alt of someone else in game, I doubt that the account is a main account.

My two cents.

Spot on. :wise:

I would have asked for a deal breakup. I made a mistake in auction. Sad that i can´t contact him...:scratch2:
My fault, but i always hope that people would have a conscience.

I would have asked for a deal breakup. I made a mistake in auction. Sad that i can´t contact him...:scratch2:

It still may be possible to contact him. Someone may have him on friends list or he may be in a society.

there was a case with a reseller that made a mistake and he was asking here on forum for the person but when someone mess up he didnt pay ....was his name wirlo or something ? can't remember

wish u gl hope you get it sorted if not let us know :)

The Squeaky wheel always get sthe grease no matter how loud it squeaks.

Only talking in forum its not helping !

REPORT THEM

I'm going to jump in here and actually add fu3el to this one post by saying.. Don't stop the reports either.. after all it doesn't matter if a person is actually manipulating the market or exploiting a bug. if you think that they are doing something wrong, then go ahead and report them, and don't stop. just fill up the inbox until MA gets the hint.. After all the real question is this..

Do the players want to get abused like this and do nothing and turn their heads and ignore the problem goes away, or will people stand up and do something ..

This reminds me of the time I sent in 7 reports to MA over a 2 year period about a game play issue (It's an issue with the lack of placement of a turret at a certain location..

It wasn't until I jumped in one day at the location (and got Killed instantly by a mob that had been dragged to that spot and people were grumbling about how their armors were being decaysed as they tried to escape out of the area.. I just stood there and listened to all of this then spoke my mind..

"Did any of you send in at least 1 report case or 2, or 3, or 7? "

Dead silence.. I said, Okay then when you finally report this then maybe you'll get results."

Within a month a simple 5 minute fix and a lot of angry players reports flodded the boxes and within that time MA looked into the problem and did something.. they fixed the issue and people were happy..

I thin this is a valuable lesson here. If you do nothing , nothing gets done.. the squeaky wheel gets the grease and the more gear grinding you put into these reports the more MA will listen..

1 report isn't going to solve the problem.. or even 2.. we're talking hundreds..

and how much time is that out of anybody's game play? 2 minutes? 3 tops to state a fact?

the point and moral of this story is this: if anyone can't take 3 minutes out of their time to fill out a simple report be it a bug or a exploit, then they have no one to blame but themselves..

that's all I have to say

(Sgt.) Benjamin Ben Coyote, IFN Marines
A.K.A. "The Bind Sniper" (and) "His_Dog_Spot"

Hording resources when MU is low to sell them when it's high is not market manipulation...I can buy as much of a resource as I want and sell it when and for what mu I want.
Market manipulation is when you use alt accounts or use one or a few friends to sell something(usually UL stuff which you only find a handful in-game like imk2,melee trauma amps,clds,auds and so on) between you to increase MU artificially.
The problem is some resources drop very hard,like opals...so the problem from my point of view isn't Alex and others like him,who hord resources,but the balancing team which doesn't actually exists at MA and because of that you have this fucked up economy in which you have shit loads of resources with very low MU and very rare ones with insane MU....
They should hire a freaking economist for a year to sort the economy and resource drops and balance all this shit out...I don't think they can't afford one in the team. He is much more cheaper then what they wasted on compet and deeptoken :laugh:

and Mindark saying market manipulation is against the EULA...

I think there are so many intelligent, savvy tech folks on here...They will figure out who the main ava this person is...I am sure at this point MA has his/her large transactions watched and ppl he is transacting with 'flagged."

( Ms Pudding's post is spot on....Should be a sticky. )

Mindark..Take him down!

Last edited:
Does he use avatars of different names to sell stuff? Star Alex Gray sells stuff in Auctionhouse. So he uses different account for selling, therefore market manipulation.

Last edited:
Hording resources when MU is low to sell them when it's high is not market manipulation...I can buy as much of a resource as I want and sell it when and for what mu I want.
Market manipulation is when you use alt accounts or use one or a few friends to sell something(usually UL stuff which you only find a handful in-game like imk2,melee trauma amps,clds,auds and so on) between you to increase MU artificially.
The problem is some resources drop very hard,like opals...so the problem from my point of view isn't Alex and others like him,who hord resources,but the balancing team which doesn't actually exists at MA and because of that you have this fucked up economy in which you have shit loads of resources with very low MU and very rare ones with insane MU....
They should hire a freaking economist for a year to sort the economy and resource drops and balance all this shit out...I don't think they can't afford one in the team. He is much more cheaper then what they wasted on compet and deeptoken :laugh:

Exactly, there are business models which aren't illegal nor even in the slightest immoral -- the speculator plays an important role in any economy -- yet still is seen as toxic by many. So something about it goes against human nature and we simply don't like it. I agree that, for our game where everything is non-material and can be created simply by an act of will, resource balancing should take this into account and replenish items which are removed from circulation for a certain amount of time. This can be automated by tying in market fluctuations. (I once found evidence for a similar scheme with Ares Ring Improved, sure it's a different story with potential flooding of unlimited items if they were simply replaced. But for stackables it shouldn't be a problem.)

What goes too far imo is the one who keeps posting auction orders for CLDs between 250-300 ped to entrap the hapless who would make a mistake and forget a zero upon listing theirs for sale. Why we can see the names of everyone listing a sale but not those listing an order is beyond me. This type of behaviour should be eradicated. I, too, am guilty of being lazy and not reporting it, but this changes now. Thanks for the motivation through this thread.

I'm going to jump in here and actually add fu3el to this one post by saying.. Don't stop the reports either.. after all it doesn't matter if a person is actually manipulating the market or exploiting a bug. if you think that they are doing something wrong, then go ahead and report them, and don't stop. just fill up the inbox until MA gets the hint.. After all the real question is this..

Do the players want to get abused like this and do nothing and turn their heads and ignore the problem goes away, or will people stand up and do something ..

This reminds me of the time I sent in 7 reports to MA over a 2 year period about a game play issue (It's an issue with the lack of placement of a turret at a certain location..

It wasn't until I jumped in one day at the location (and got Killed instantly by a mob that had been dragged to that spot and people were grumbling about how their armors were being decaysed as they tried to escape out of the area.. I just stood there and listened to all of this then spoke my mind..

"Did any of you send in at least 1 report case or 2, or 3, or 7? "

Dead silence.. I said, Okay then when you finally report this then maybe you'll get results."

Within a month a simple 5 minute fix and a lot of angry players reports flodded the boxes and within that time MA looked into the problem and did something.. they fixed the issue and people were happy..

I thin this is a valuable lesson here. If you do nothing , nothing gets done.. the squeaky wheel gets the grease and the more gear grinding you put into these reports the more MA will listen..

1 report isn't going to solve the problem.. or even 2.. we're talking hundreds..

and how much time is that out of anybody's game play? 2 minutes? 3 tops to state a fact?

the point and moral of this story is this: if anyone can't take 3 minutes out of their time to fill out a simple report be it a bug or a exploit, then they have no one to blame but themselves..

that's all I have to say

(Sgt.) Benjamin Ben Coyote, IFN Marines
A.K.A. "The Bind Sniper" (and) "His_Dog_Spot"
And I reckon there was a reason the ability to create support tickets in-game was removed. There was nothing wrong with it, not bugged or anything. It was simple yet quick and effective. Maybe a bit too much for their liking.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...dark-make-us-happy-NOW!&p=3612500#post3612500

Okay, now we went off on a tangent from this thread's actual topic, but since this wasn't quite clear from OP initially, it's all in context.

Does he use avatars of different names to sell stuff? Star Alex Gray sells stuff in Auctionhouse. So he uses different account for selling, therefore market manipulation.

nono he is using this avatar to place orders , you can't buy anything you want to craft because he is there non stop as long you don't offer 1-2% he will rise you 0,01 non stop

nono he is using this avatar to place orders , you can't buy anything you want to craft because he is there non stop as long you don't offer 1-2% he will rise you 0,01 non stop

True, I had that before when I wanted to place an order to buy crafting mats... as soon as I did an offer higher than him, another offer was placed 0,01 higher only a few sec after.
So I raised my offer again .... few sec later there was his offer again 0,01 higher ...

How I know it was him? I sold him 1 resource :p

True, I had that before when I wanted to place an order to buy crafting mats... as soon as I did an offer higher than him, another offer was placed 0,01 higher only a few sec after.
So I raised my offer again .... few sec later there was his offer again 0,01 higher ...

How I know it was him? I sold him 1 resource :p

yap i tested him many times

Avatar that i lost peds was Alex Star Grey, now theres deeds in auction with seller Star Alex Grey.
That is what i meant.

That sucks! They should really fix the deed stuff.

In terms of the other "reselling" regarding materials we should be happy with people like him. Without them we would all undercut each other and markup would be extinct, even more than it is now.

He is NOT doing anything against the auction rules otherwise he would be banned a long time ago. What is kinda fishy is reaction time to new orders and online time spend during the day. Yes, you can be online for the entire day but you are still human only, you can't do this for months in a row. As players, we can't determine if he is using some kind of software to operate auction or not. This should be verified by MA and I also think that this avatar is a great candidate for it. :laugh:

Status
Back