Anyone know avatar Alex Star Grey?

Status
Avatar that i lost peds was Alex Star Grey, now theres deeds in auction with seller Star Alex Grey.
That is what i meant.

If this is the same person IRL, he should be banned. Report, only MA can know that.
MA have to check how a guy can stay 24/24, 7/7 in auction for place order. I presume, a human have to sleep a bit XD

most of the guys have one town where they stay for auction , anyone know where Alex usually stay ?

If this is the same person IRL, he should be banned. Report, only MA can know that.
MA have to check how a guy can stay 24/24, 7/7 in auction for place order. I presume, a human have to sleep a bit XD

For sure report this. It's far too much of a coincidence for all 3 names to be the same, albeit in a different order, and one having bought deeds, whilst the other is now selling them.

If that isn't against the EULA then they may as well replace it with the words, 'Oh do what the hell you like, we don't care.'

There is a HUGE difference between

Not technically against the rules
AND
Unethical

Just sayin'

There is a HUGE difference between

Not technically against the rules
AND
Unethical

Just sayin'

If... there were 2 toons with the names JohnCapital and CapitalJohn running trading deals where one bought to float a market and the other sold to float the market a few % higher you'd be happy with that? Taking into account the EULA that says no one person shall have 2 accounts?

1. The avatars suspected of breaking the rules should be reported. Period.

2. I think you wont get anything back regardless. Sorry.

I know these avatars too, have reported them multiple times and nothing was done. But other guys doing the same actually got their accounts locked, so there is hope.

Good luck, and sorry I guess :(

If... there were 2 toons with the names JohnCapital and CapitalJohn running trading deals where one bought to float a market and the other sold to float the market a few % higher you'd be happy with that? Taking into account the EULA that says no one person shall have 2 accounts?

You misunderstand me.

While certain actions may be considered technically legal because they skirt certain rules, (or some argue technicalities of why it's not exactly cheating based on specific language) that doesn't make it OK. The goal behind the action is to cheat others, and that's what makes it wrong.

I guess the prpose of the thread is..where to find him and then ask him to give you the deeds back...

So...sry to say...i wouldnt count on that since he is a prof. trader ....and is profit orientated...

The auc system has some bugs sadly...one big prob is the order system on deeds...hopefully ma fixes this in a matter...

Eddie

@OP sry for your loss ,I would not hold my breath on getting stuff back from that type of people,but in case it helps the avatar you talk about is often lingering around Twin Peaks mall AHs...

Avatar in question is not the only one "abusing" the AH and most likely the game will always have them around unless MA either takes measures or re works the AH.

Main problem I see is the outcome ,they lower the MU on resources on both ends (buying and selling).

Orders for stackables = most idiotic thing

Id bother checking how many people on this forum complain about how low MU is , and then how many complaining about shortages of time,but i`m pretty sure most have enough time.If you have enough grit to shoot 12h a day straight in this game for weeks,months,years, then you can most likely put your loot after on the bloody AH and wait for it to sell while you sleep/wait etc
It just comes down to people choosing a faster pay at a lower MU,despite the MU being already god awful.

MA should probably add a level requirement correlated to the amount of stackables/value a character may place on orders , or just remove the orders for stackables all together.

MA should probably add a level requirement correlated to the amount of stackables/value a character may place on orders , or just remove the orders for stackables all together.

A suggestion I made last year to MA was giving players less lines on auction to sell, so let's say a newbie can only place 5 sales/ 5 orders

This can be increased according to your skills ....

Since most resellers do not have skills ..... and skilled people would benefit from it.
People like Alex do not contribute anything to the game, they are only here to make peds ans withdraw

On the other hand, if people want to sell that cheap and loose peds ....

Last edited:
A suggestion I made last year to MA was giving players less lines on auction to sell, so let's say a newbie can only place 5 sales/ 5 orders

Since most resellers do not have skills ..... and skilled people would benefit from it.
People like Alex do not contribute anything to the game, they are only here to make peds ans withdraw

On the other hand, if people want to sell that cheap and loose peds ....

You want to make the auction even MORE inaccessable to newcommers? They're already almost locked out of it due to their low bankroll vs the mandatory 0.5 ped auction fee.
The auction is huge part of this game and newcommers should be eased into using it so it becomes second nature to auction rather than TT.

@OP sry for your loss ,I would not hold my breath on getting stuff back from that type of people,but in case it helps the avatar you talk about is often lingering around Twin Peaks mall AHs...

+rep for locating where he usually stays

You want to make the auction even MORE inaccessable to newcommers? They're already almost locked out of it due to their low bankroll vs the mandatory 0.5 ped auction fee.
The auction is huge part of this game and newcommers should be eased into using it so it becomes second nature to auction rather than TT.

Newbies don't use auction, they sell to traders or use TT

Oh really?
That's a very bold statement.

Its reality.

Let's say you hunt for 20 ped... most of it is shrapnel and a bit of stackable items (or not even that)

So how long does it take till you have enough items in a stack big enough for auction if you can't afford the 0,54 cause that is the minimum.

Its reality.

Let's say you hunt for 20 ped... most of it is shrapnel and a bit of stackable items (or not even that)

So how long does it take till you have enough items in a stack big enough for auction if you can't afford the 0,54 cause that is the minimum.

So, all noobs only make 20 ped runs?

Newbies don't use auction, they sell to traders or use TT

thats agreeing with what he said. ah is inaccessible to nubees.

i think its a pos. the fee for ah is ridiculous. the inaccessibility to other planets can be overcome with peds. bullshit on that. no shipping missions either. limit of 2 pages of items is more bs. the misinforming market value info window. the ability for dooshes to sit there with open orders for no tt value items like AUD and CLD and making a living on peoples mistakes(like placing 10 aud for 50 ped bo by mistake. not naming any names again because your not allowed to name is like a really big endless number. sends his kids to college, brag. mfkr is gettin' karma i know it.) so the entire AH system is just another seriously stupid pos that aint never gettin fixed because they cant. or won't.

this is coincidentally a good place to APPLY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE. if MA was serious about getting rid of bot accounts and alt accounts and rude evil ah lurkers they could easily do what the original devs tried to do. an AI is probably the only way to find multiple accounts. it could detect players using bots. and before you say anything, rampsy, you need to program and train the AI to do it.

if MA doesn't do anything on this it's probably because they KNOW THE ALTS doing it.

Last edited:
I know this avatar is not that old yet. But he trades exacly the same items and with the same trade behaviour as some old banned avatars. I know when he sleeps. Thats the only time i can set orders on Aud's. If he is awake, and i set an order, 1 or2 minutes later he sets a new order. The guy is almost online whole day long. What a life...
I took mistakes too in the past,but against these 24/7 online guys i dont stand a chance:p

Im undecided about this whole thread, on one hand i think deeds (CLD/AUD) should be removed from the AH or not be able to be stacked and should not be in the order section at all. That would solve alot of issues that happen regarding deeds (but not all).

On the other hand, those people complaining that they are not able to buy anything they want to craft, perhaps you need to take a look at the orders you are placing.

The idea of the order section is so that you can get the items you want while you are hunting/crafting/mining or offline instead of having to constantly be looking at the AH or asking in chat. I use it very frequently to get the mats i need, i never have anyone placing an order higher than mine on items where it counts. Sure common stuff i may get out ordered on, but they are common enough where that is no concern as it will be filled within a few days regardless due to the volume.

When i look at the order system, i see orders placed for way below what MU you should expect. So if you are placing an order for a low MU, you should expect to be out ordered. If you were to place an order at a reasonable MU for that item, then you wont have any issues.

Heres an example, someone wanted Basic Sheet Metal (useful for amp crafting), current MU is
121%-124%...order was placed for 118.08%....so someone else placed for 118.11%....what do you expect?
I see this all the time. If i wanted the sheet metal i would place for 120%-121% and pretty sure i would not have any issues having it completed.

Everyone wants the lowest possible price and is always upset when someone else comes along and beats them....how do you fix that? pay a decent damn price for what you want.

Looks like another guy fell for this trap!

First of all Dark Raven nailed it.
Secondly we are talking about a RCE so it's like real life,some people get burned,because mistake get punished.
Why aren't mentors teaching the ah to disciples?? Why aren't people focused on how they put their stuff for sale? Why are they selling to orders 10-15% under mu??? From my point of view is the sellers fault,not the buyer in this instance.
And I wouldn't ban people like Alex tbh...let them waste their lives in front of a PC monitor 24/7 to make a few hundred dollars a month.Who falls in their orders trap loses a few dollars,he and others like him lose precious time and we only live once.

Last edited:

That is a good and fair idea, that is why MA will never introduce it.
On the other hand, this guy keeps auctions and MU alive, without him prices would drop and game would be even more meaningless than now.

But... it is still like he's keeping the patient artificially alive.

Looks like another guy fell for this trap!

Heya,

i also hate this order system on deeds, its sadly not clear which price to choose there...

and to be clear ....ANYONE could be the buyer of this....if i place an order for AUD +70 each --> and ppl sell 10 pieces and sell them for + 70 instead for +700 ...then its the bad of the system and/or no information to newer ppl on how to treat the deed orders correctly...

Eddie

Side note on something else lame this reseller does/ an easy way for anyone with patience to make money. A lot of people apparently don't know that opals refine into pile of opals, so this guy does his spam .01% over order placements on them. Sometimes the opal price will be 100+% under the MU of pile of opal prices, and the people who don't know about them being refinable sell at these lower prices. I decided to have an order war with this guy on the opals just to see how much patience he has. Took like 3 days of beating his orders for him to slow down, but he started placing them hours apart and I ended up getting 400 ped of opals for like 120% under the price of pile of opals, which ended up being like 300 ped of profit after auction fees and order fees. He'll give up eventually if you keep pestering him by beating his orders.

Edit: how tf do I double space on this stupid forum word processor? Really hoping I don't need to open a seperate word processor every time I post just to keep my lack of line spacing from being annoying.

Secondly we are talking about a RCE so it's like real life,some people get burned,because mistake get punished.
Why aren't mentors teaching the ah to disciples?? Why aren't people focused on how they put their stuff for sale? Why are they selling to orders 10-15% under mu??? From my point of view is the sellers fault,not the buyer in this instance.
And I wouldn't ban people like Alex tbh...let them waste their lives in front of a PC monitor 24/7 to make a few hundred dollars a month.Who falls in their orders trap loses a few dollars,he and others like him lose precious time and we only live once.

There are two different things here. One is profiting by dominating a market niche which is not forbidden (but neither is exposing and criticising it). The other is the deliberate setting of traps to exploit people who make mistakes. This is forbidden at least in Swedish law, which supercedes TOS and their "all trades are final" rule. MA is just not the police to turn to when such a thing happens, this is what most people fail to understand -- on both sides of it, that is, those who would fight it bark at the wrong guy, and the rest prefers the loss over the inconvenience or allows forum bullies and wrong advice to discourage them.

how come his +200-300 ped CLD order has been filled while there are plenty of fair MU orders usually?

a few hundred dollars dude! one large number doosh told me (when i gave him the opportunity to pay me back even part to defeat the inevitable karma) that he made enough to send his kids to college. thats more than most of us ever deposited. more than enough to make a comfortable living. more than an extreme cocaine habit!

since MA only deals with large numbers as evidenced by that firefly star(whats is name)return for 100 aud i think or 30000 peds story some time back.

more people doing this? ya you can make a living off suckers who play this thinking its a great game. hard to describe how angry this exploit makes me. these guys are as bad as pirates.

how come his +200-300 ped CLD order has been filled while there are plenty of fair MU orders usually?

That's another "quirk" of the Auction System. You buy and sell as a whole. As one single stack.

The system cannot and will not split it up separately to fill all the better offers first.

Therefore, "Quantity" has a greater priority than "Price". As it has to be sold as a single stack, whoever's order has the ability to eat up the entire stack gets it.

If there's two orders, both with enough "Quantity" to buy out the stack, the order with the "better Price" gets it.

However, it will still be at the price of whatever the "seller of the stack" has priced it at though.....since its fundamentally still a "buy-out" style auction.

---------------------

If the above is too hard to understand, then see it this way,
- whoever has the most amount of free PEDs in the order;
- that hasn't yet been locked up within other bids;
- that still has the ability to buyout the stack;
- that has the highest price out of all the orders placed, gets it.

Last edited:
To San and Aloisius,we play the game for entertainment, people like Alex play it to make money...they use an existing system and the naivity of others in their benefit just like in real life...if people don't sell to orders and to buy from him problem will be solved.But that will never happen because people are to in a hurry to feed their addiction so they will sell to orders for what ever...

Status
Back