PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Rachel MsPudding Hawkins
    Images
    If I had to take a guess, Alex Star Grey is an alt of someone else in game, I doubt that the account is a main account.

What Alex is doing is in my opinion market manipulation, and it's still a wonder to me as to why MA continues to let it go on without intervening in some way. I have written and submitted a support case, but all I got back was a default reply. Perhaps, if more people in game reported it something would be done.

I am definitely conservative when it comes to regulation of the economy, I prefer a less regulated economy. But, in a case like this I'm all for enforcement in some way by MA. Now, MA doesn't even have to punish Alex directly. In fact I dont think Alex should get a suspension or have his account locked. Instead, I think MA should drastically increase the drop rate of opals to send Alex Star Grey a message that what he has done to manipulate the opal market is wrong. This would hurt him where it counts most, his wallet.

It's a fine line MA has to walk, in controlling the economy. People should definitely be allowed to buy low and sell high. So I'm not advocating for intervention any old time a resource gets a little tight. But what Alex is doing has crossed way over the line of "speculation", and it crossed that line months ago.

Alex's actions have been a big "fuck you" to the community and those wanting to tier their items over the last year.

At the end of the day, people just want to tier their shit, and they don't mind paying to tier it, so long as they're not getting bent over and screwed by market manipulators. It would be one thing if Opal MU%'s soared up to 600-700% for a few months and then went back down, but we've been at unreasonable prices for way too long without MA stepping in and doing something. (My opinion of course).

The simple supply and demand theory would correct the market in 48 hours, and Alex, and others like Alex would be left taking a huge loss on all the opals they're hoarding.

My two cents.

others who have been manipulatin the market are long gone and banned.
    Its just wrong.

Try to do market manipulation irl and see how it goes.....

i say ban those ppl and send a msg to those who do it. They destroy the game for others and making a killing from it.

Just have a large sum of ped and start hoarding a few items ppl want the most and then increase the price.

Just have a look at the melee VI amps.. 3 other resellers are hoarding em for the same thing.
    its just way to common for ppl to manipulate the market without punishment.

EULA works when mindark lose money, but when players lose money we can look the other way......

Only talking in forum its not helping !

REPORT THEM

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ..., Alex Star Grey is an alt of someone else in game, I doubt that the account is a main account.

What Alex is doing is in my opinion market manipulation, and it's still a wonder to me as to why MA continues to let it go on without intervening in some way. I have written and submitted a support case, but all I got back was a default reply. Perhaps, if more people in game reported it something would be done.
    this.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Young
    At a repair terminal shaking my head slowly...
    Society
    Nomads of the Apocalypse
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
    If I had to take a guess, Alex Star Grey is an alt of someone else in game, I doubt that the account is a main account.

My two cents.

Spot on.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    celia penats krok
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    I would have asked for a deal breakup. I made a mistake in auction. Sad that i canīt contact him...
    My fault, but i always hope that people would have a conscience.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    George Ace Skywalker
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Celia View Post
    I would have asked for a deal breakup. I made a mistake in auction. Sad that i canīt contact him...
    It still may be possible to contact him. Someone may have him on friends list or he may be in a society.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Stoica Alina Alina
    Society
    freeeeee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Celia View Post
    there was a case with a reseller that made a mistake and he was asking here on forum for the person but when someone mess up he didnt pay ....was his name wirlo or something ? can't remember

wish u gl hope you get it sorted if not let us know

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote
    Society
    Synergen
    Images

Exclamation The Squeaky wheel always get sthe grease no matter how loud it squeaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Farmer View Post
    Only talking in forum its not helping !

REPORT THEM
    I'm going to jump in here and actually add fu3el to this one post by saying.. Don't stop the reports either.. after all it doesn't matter if a person is actually manipulating the market or exploiting a bug. if you think that they are doing something wrong, then go ahead and report them, and don't stop. just fill up the inbox until MA gets the hint.. After all the real question is this..

Do the players want to get abused like this and do nothing and turn their heads and ignore the problem goes away, or will people stand up and do something ..

This reminds me of the time I sent in 7 reports to MA over a 2 year period about a game play issue (It's an issue with the lack of placement of a turret at a certain location..

It wasn't until I jumped in one day at the location (and got Killed instantly by a mob that had been dragged to that spot and people were grumbling about how their armors were being decaysed as they tried to escape out of the area.. I just stood there and listened to all of this then spoke my mind..

"Did any of you send in at least 1 report case or 2, or 3, or 7? "

Dead silence.. I said, Okay then when you finally report this then maybe you'll get results."

Within a month a simple 5 minute fix and a lot of angry players reports flodded the boxes and within that time MA looked into the problem and did something.. they fixed the issue and people were happy..

I thin this is a valuable lesson here. If you do nothing , nothing gets done.. the squeaky wheel gets the grease and the more gear grinding you put into these reports the more MA will listen..

1 report isn't going to solve the problem.. or even 2.. we're talking hundreds..

and how much time is that out of anybody's game play? 2 minutes? 3 tops to state a fact?

the point and moral of this story is this: if anyone can't take 3 minutes out of their time to fill out a simple report be it a bug or a exploit, then they have no one to blame but themselves..

that's all I have to say

(Sgt.) Benjamin Ben Coyote, IFN Marines
    A.K.A. "The Bind Sniper" (and) "His_Dog_Spot"
    I may be blind but I shoot better with my eyes closed. - Ben Coyote

Hording resources when MU is low to sell them when it's high is not market manipulation...I can buy as much of a resource as I want and sell it when and for what mu I want.
    Market manipulation is when you use alt accounts or use one or a few friends to sell something(usually UL stuff which you only find a handful in-game like imk2,melee trauma amps,clds,auds and so on) between you to increase MU artificially.
    The problem is some resources drop very hard,like opals...so the problem from my point of view isn't Alex and others like him,who hord resources,but the balancing team which doesn't actually exists at MA and because of that you have this fucked up economy in which you have shit loads of resources with very low MU and very rare ones with insane MU....
    They should hire a freaking economist for a year to sort the economy and resource drops and balance all this shit out...I don't think they can't afford one in the team. He is much more cheaper then what they wasted on compet and deeptoken

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast