Entropia Universe 16.2.0 Release Notes

MAKE PVP4 GREAT AGAIN!

how about start testing these controls so the PVP areas are not being left out?
i feel my movements are not as responsive as they should be.
personally i hate all the one click macros. i had the best time with "move to target when interacting" OFF!!!
i liked the freedom we had with PRE 16.0 patch, am i wrong for feeling this way???
who was the guy responsible for controls in those days, can we get him back on the team??? :yup:

You are right, yes PRE 16 was better.

Also there should be a PvP Dev whether they also works on something else that's fine. However there should be 1 person focused on PvP gameplay as well.

Personally think there should be PvP missions and I don't mean killing mobs. Also I much rather go toward a Token PvP vendor system in lootable instead. Like to see many other aspects worked on and added that could make PvP something to be involved in.

Think they should remove lootable and PvP in space too and have special PvP 4 zones you have to fly into. Have special Pirate Mission in there and mobs of value to hunt. Have something for everyone.

Swirlies are back just the way there were.
Could experience it.

Great VU !

We are getting back the game the way we liked it. It feels like a huge waste of efforts.... hopefully we don't see what is hidden underneath, but Maybe they paved the way to more interesting VU's by modifying the camera system even if they allowed us to tweak it the way we want.

Anyway, good to glob again !

Think they should remove lootable and PvP in space too and have special PvP 4 zones you have to fly into.

i strongly disagree with this part. this was one of the main reason i wanted to be a strong hunter so i can do stuff like mine lootable areas. we need to bring that thrill back in the game, not take it away.

i strongly disagree with this part. this was one of the main reason i wanted to be a strong hunter so i can do stuff like mine lootable areas. we need to bring that thrill back in the game, not take it away.

His suggestion in no way contradicts your desires. Removing pvp/lootable in space would have no effect on thrill of mining in such zones.

My opinion too.

Would you like to keep 'slightly increasing the maximum zoom distance' with the next 5 version updates please?

mr_black_hole.jpg

They hyped and hyped this up and I was a little underwhelmed when they released the image!!

Rgds

Ace

Some nicer changes this time round to move lots of us into positive territory on the reworked interactions etc.
Work still in progress I guess on the things which are still not good!

As someone else has said, include one notch of further zoom out each time please, or just go wild and add another 6 notches or so to the slider. That way I'll always hit my camera on walls etc the whole time in buildings and just be zoomed in when inside - that's absolutely fine by me! (I can adjust the slider again if I wish).

But that is by now just a small wish and whichever programmer has now made notch by notch changes probably knows how to change it in his/her sleep!

Bigger problems remain unsolved or have been made worse apparently (chat memberships, for example). It is driving wonderful and dedicated soccies and ship owners nuts redoing invites every single week!!!!

It is maybe most revealing that people do not want to try activities out that they have enjoyed in the past because of the new normal you have created (snafu). Still, I retried taming yeterday, for example, and found it to be fine. Unfortunately, there isn't actually much point to that gameplay at the moment in my opinion, but that's a different story about professions and progress. I hope you can get around to those soon...

i had the best time with "move to target when interacting" OFF!!!

Mouse Button 1 still works fine though? Without "move to target".
I'd like the old "move to target" on RMB that slows down before you get to range... well, the range was usually 5-10% of what your actual range on the weapon was, so when i started slowing down on "move to target", i'd hit "move back" button to back up a bit and then start shooting with LMB for the extra (normal) range.

I just thought I'd mention this...

Yesterday I packed up all my gear and thought I would head to F.O.M.A.

I flew off in my quad, it does lag when I head into space, the burners on my quad seem to burst or jump and it bounces around. Anyway, I made it to the reaches of space, only to be told that my space thruster was dead...

I realise it was entirely my fault for overlooking this and had probably been told numerous times it was low and needed replacing.. But I am your typical Entropian, with lots to do, and ignored it.

Having been in this situation before ( you'd think I would learn ) I left the vehicle, as I know it is the quickest way to get back down again. Thanks gravity.

I revived, ran to the A/H, bought thruster, removed old one, attatched new one, checked fuel and cargo bay again,spawned vehicle...

At this point I should say I have been testing out the entering and exiting a vehicle feature that was altered recently. Right clicking to enter a vehicle, sometimes causes you to pick up the vehicle instead of entering it. I find this has been set to happen, the majority of the time, if you are being attacked.

I have also found that pressing F to enter a vehicle works, quite well.. But if you are spamming it then you enter and exit a vehicle 10 times, becoming dizzy by the dramatic camera movements.

Anyway back to the story. So. I had used right click to enter a vehicle, right before I left for my excursion into space ( with the broken thrusters ) and thought hey I will use it again. So I spawned the quad, pressed right click... Aaaaaand. Picked the quad up again.

So I now have to wait for the spawn timer to run out before I can put the quad down again, and actually do what I set out to do 10 minutes ago.

It is the filling in a form online analogy.. Ever spend 30-40 minutes filling in, or writing out a nice long post or letter online. Only to hit send, or enter, and then you get the notice that the server has timed out and you need to refresh the page..? And it doesn't save what you typed? So you have to do the whole bloody thing again... Needless soul destroying time wasting B/S. It happened when I tried to add this post, but I have learned my lesson and save the stuff first now. An adaption to a problem that doesn't need to exist.

Summary : TLDR

So spawn quad, fly to space limit, thruster has run out. Go back down again. Buy thruster respawn quad. Press right click to enter vehicle, pick up vehicle, have to wait for spawn timer to run down. Consider logging as just going to space has now taken too long.

I realise that this seems like such a small problem you are all wondering.. WTF is this guy talking about. But I just wanted to give you the kind of ridiculous enjoyment jamming things that happen everyday in Entropia. I moaned about the convert shrapnel button.

Only because EVERY OTHER action had a damn warning window EXCEPT that one.. Even lifts that only go to one place ask you.. " where do you want to go " ? Der, let me think.. " THE ONLY OTHER FLOOR YOU ACTUALLY GO TO WHEN I'AM STANDING ON THIS ONE.

I am thankful for that little fix, no one else seems to like.. I like converting small amounts of shrap. When you mistakenly convert 300 PED of ammo, then realise you are going to have to spend another 30 minutes hunting to get it back.. Just in case you can sell it to tt if you want to buy anything on A/H.. But you are getting crap returns and want to finish hunting there and then.
This could've been fixed by not having the " split " and " convert shrap " commands right next to each other, but hey..

As I stand there waiting for the spawn timer to run out I am really thinking about logging out as this game is such a pain, sometimes now. Just going into space I get all this useless time wasting stuff. And it seemed like using as many words as possible to describe such a small event, mirrored how it feels when all this stuff happens and you are left waiting around, or being asked questions. When there really doesn't seem to be a need for it.

Nice story and I think most if not all of use feel about the same way. I would like to say one thing about lifts. I think the reason they ask even if there is only one floor above is extra programming. One would have to have different coding if the lift behaved differently i.e. asking with many floors or not asking if only one other floor. So I do have to take MA's part on this one. BTW this is not a gripe against you at all and don't take that way, just saying from a programming stand point, different actions require different coding.

Rocktropia has at least one mission... so it's possible for Planet Partners to put in PvP missions. They have just so far mostly not chosen to do so.

For PvP I think Patric's old idea about insurance should maybe get added to the game...
https://web.archive.org/web/20140220055339/https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/i_mindark
patric.jpg

You have this now with tp to planet and the various MS/Priv transport options. Like insurance companies you have better or wrose "coverage" depending on the transport service you choose :). Any other kind of insurance would just throw MS/Priv owners that have worked hard on theyre skills and ships totally under the bus!

I think the reason they ask even if there is only one floor above is extra programming. One would have to have different coding if the lift behaved differently i.e. asking with many floors or not asking if only one other floor. So I do have to take MA's part on this one. BTW this is not a gripe against you at all and don't take that way, just saying from a programming stand point, different actions require different coding.

Code:
if (destinations.length == 1) teleport(destinations[0]);
else presentList(destinations);

Yes, super complex.

Changes
[*]Global animation effects (swirlies) have been restored to former glory, provided that those effects are not disabled under the Options menu.

Is it just me, or does the camera zoom on globals go too far now? Had a couple last night and they both showed my ava from just the waist up. I prefer my swirlie screenshots to show my boots as well :)

Anyone know the option to turn the zoom off again?

Ff

Anyone else having problem signing in after update? I accept the ToU, press the green launch button and then it just goes black with the Entropia sound in the background. Nothing happens, tried safe mode, window mode etc nothing helps.

I logged onto pc today.. read the vu notes, thought ok seems like progress, even if I can't see why they think some things needed change at all.. but hey everyone wants different stuff, so lets give it a whirl.

Then I spotted they made guest list alpha.. big smile on my face :) for many this has little or no meaning, but as the owner of a busy ship, I could have kissed the person that finally did the obvious.

Then I logged in.. the day went downhill fast.. and after 7 hours of BS I am logged out, may be back later to do flights. Pls watch KISS webchat as will message there if I can't face any more BS.

They still didn't fix memberlists of private chats.. no great surprise even if disappointing, so I got a few messages out of the way and settled down as chat admin to re-invite approximately half the members of our soc group. Well that went well...NOT !!
Part way through second part of our soc group all of a sudden I seemed to lose admin rights for the channel. No longer able to use /listmembers, no longer able to invite. Ok relog, the fix that fixes everything. But it didn't.
So is it just my shared soc chat or all chats I moderate ? Nope just soc, the ones for Kronan work fine. SO started to work on those invites.
Took a break for lunch came back and wow nbk shared chat works again. I can invite folk..yay so now they can chat, well some of them and certainly not me as seems a few of us are now able to view the channel, but are told we don't have access when we want to write to it.
Really MA this is taking Dynamic too far.

After almost 7 hours of fixing the chat invites (more than double normal time lost) and trying to fly the MS only to find the fixes are not all they are cracked up to be, I have lost the will to deal with this crap. So my ped stay on my card (they sure as hell better) and I am taking my headache to a quiet room and a good book.
Screw you MA … I used to enjoy this game

p.s haven't even dared to try hunting as don't want to risk any changes there making me even angrier

Whats guest list alpha? I dont ser anything special with mine.

I didn't say we should take the thrill away and many people love PvP. They just don't like PvP in Entropia and furthermore most gamers aren't interested in Lootable PvP. That is a fact. Also I was being more specific to space and the problem there.

With that said there just isn't a demand for lootable PvP and there never will be. If there was then people would be flooding to this game since it's the only one. However they aren't because again no one is interested. ( 5% of the WoW player base actually PvP's in their MMO keep numbers like this in mind. 95% of the player base wants nothing to do with PvP at ALL! Now ask yourself of that 5% what number would want a lootable system? Almost none. See why there isn't anyone PvP 4? )

So you want people in PvP4 but as is you will never get it. You are asking the impossible. You can make it just as interesting and attract players with a different system. Adding special PvP gear like an upgraded combat vendor and PvP missions. There just needs to be other things besides lootable to interest players. Again cause no one is interested in that format.

This does't take away any reason to be a strong hunter. I love PvP in video games but when I want to PvP that's what I do, I go play other games. Why would I PvP here? There just isn't any point. Zip, Zero, Nada.

So many things would have to be worked out to redesign PvP and make it so there is a point to PvP in this game instead of other games that are far better and offer far more. Games that actually have PvP Devs working on them.

Make sense :D

Last edited:
Rocktropia has at least one mission... so it's possible for Planet Partners to put in PvP missions. They have just so far mostly not chosen to do so.

For PvP I think Patric's old idea about insurance should maybe get added to the game...
https://web.archive.org/web/20140220055339/https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/i_mindark
patric.jpg

That's fine but most of space should be Non PvP so the players have a reason to go up there and also hunt without the idea of being looted. Since no one wants that. Space will be dead till the remove lootable and refine it back to PvP 4 zones. That is a fact.

In these PvP 4 Space zones have special Pirate missions for that draw to work on new Ships, rewards and that such. So the people that like PvP can be in PvP while the majority of players that don't like PvP can just play the game. It isn't really complicated and it is just statistics and simple implementations.

Last edited:
yadayadayada

Well done MA/EU Didn't take u long to UNF*** what u F***** up with the last update - gz on the new camera settings.

__This Space Reserved__ When an if I find any other FK**s :)

Seems like some solid improvements. Good job!

..They just don't like PvP in Entropia and furthermore most gamers aren't interested in Lootable PvP. That is a fact. ..
fact? what proof do you have?

here is where you lost me. YOU DONT DO PVP or care for PVP4 in Entropia, WHY DO YOU COMMENT ON MY POST ABOUT PVP4?

Is it just me, or does the camera zoom on globals go too far now? Had a couple last night and they both showed my ava from just the waist up. I prefer my swirlie screenshots to show my boots as well :)

Anyone know the option to turn the zoom off again?

Ff

Not just you. Guess they set it up without accounting for the sliders that move the camera left/right and up/down. You can turn the auto zoom off by going Options/Camera/"Allow in game effects to change camera" tickbox (not the exact wording since i don't remember it by heart, but should be easy to find)

Whats guest list alpha? I dont ser anything special with mine.
Alpha(betic)
Guest lists for vehicles have always placed names in a completely random order, not alphabetic, not most recent at top or bottom, just a complete mess. Having the list alpha(betic) makes it so much easier to manage large lists that busy ships have for core crew, skillers and ofc daily warp customers. Not the great space update we hoped for but a tiny step in the right direction :)

happy for the update!

We still need rocket aim/directing to be fixed. When you shoot rockets over the shoulder the rockets don't go where you aim since camera update!

We still need space looking around fixed, when you look around in space your camera gets totally fecked up and you can not fly straight....

few other small things to work on but nice to see some improvements! :)

Changes
*snip*

Great work! Keep going. Same vector please.

But also, I and maybe a lot of other people need a camera angle relative to our avatar in third person view. I have used twice the normal vertical elevation over my avatar's head for the past twenty years because it works so well and is so comfortable. I personally use a horizontal view centered on my avatar's facing direction, with no offset. What I am asking for is the option to set our view relative to our avatar and keep it there indefinitely. I'll make a suggestion thread about this because I know this is just a Bertha thread and if I were MA there is no way I would waste the time involved in reading all Bertha's ramblings :laugh:

Back