PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    I just thought I'd mention this...

Yesterday I packed up all my gear and thought I would head to F.O.M.A.

I flew off in my quad, it does lag when I head into space, the burners on my quad seem to burst or jump and it bounces around. Anyway, I made it to the reaches of space, only to be told that my space thruster was dead...

I realise it was entirely my fault for overlooking this and had probably been told numerous times it was low and needed replacing.. But I am your typical Entropian, with lots to do, and ignored it.

Having been in this situation before ( you'd think I would learn ) I left the vehicle, as I know it is the quickest way to get back down again. Thanks gravity.

I revived, ran to the A/H, bought thruster, removed old one, attatched new one, checked fuel and cargo bay again,spawned vehicle...

At this point I should say I have been testing out the entering and exiting a vehicle feature that was altered recently. Right clicking to enter a vehicle, sometimes causes you to pick up the vehicle instead of entering it. I find this has been set to happen, the majority of the time, if you are being attacked.

I have also found that pressing F to enter a vehicle works, quite well.. But if you are spamming it then you enter and exit a vehicle 10 times, becoming dizzy by the dramatic camera movements.

Anyway back to the story. So. I had used right click to enter a vehicle, right before I left for my excursion into space ( with the broken thrusters ) and thought hey I will use it again. So I spawned the quad, pressed right click... Aaaaaand. Picked the quad up again.

So I now have to wait for the spawn timer to run out before I can put the quad down again, and actually do what I set out to do 10 minutes ago.

It is the filling in a form online analogy.. Ever spend 30-40 minutes filling in, or writing out a nice long post or letter online. Only to hit send, or enter, and then you get the notice that the server has timed out and you need to refresh the page..? And it doesn't save what you typed? So you have to do the whole bloody thing again... Needless soul destroying time wasting B/S. It happened when I tried to add this post, but I have learned my lesson and save the stuff first now. An adaption to a problem that doesn't need to exist.

Summary : TLDR

So spawn quad, fly to space limit, thruster has run out. Go back down again. Buy thruster respawn quad. Press right click to enter vehicle, pick up vehicle, have to wait for spawn timer to run down. Consider logging as just going to space has now taken too long.

I realise that this seems like such a small problem you are all wondering.. WTF is this guy talking about. But I just wanted to give you the kind of ridiculous enjoyment jamming things that happen everyday in Entropia. I moaned about the convert shrapnel button.

Only because EVERY OTHER action had a damn warning window EXCEPT that one.. Even lifts that only go to one place ask you.. " where do you want to go " ? Der, let me think.. " THE ONLY OTHER FLOOR YOU ACTUALLY GO TO WHEN I'AM STANDING ON THIS ONE.

I am thankful for that little fix, no one else seems to like.. I like converting small amounts of shrap. When you mistakenly convert 300 PED of ammo, then realise you are going to have to spend another 30 minutes hunting to get it back.. Just in case you can sell it to tt if you want to buy anything on A/H.. But you are getting crap returns and want to finish hunting there and then.
    This could've been fixed by not having the " split " and " convert shrap " commands right next to each other, but hey..

As I stand there waiting for the spawn timer to run out I am really thinking about logging out as this game is such a pain, sometimes now. Just going into space I get all this useless time wasting stuff. And it seemed like using as many words as possible to describe such a small event, mirrored how it feels when all this stuff happens and you are left waiting around, or being asked questions. When there really doesn't seem to be a need for it.
    Last edited by Octo Production; 04-10-2019 at 13:00.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Phillip TheTank J-Fry
    Society
    cB Crimson Blades
    Images
    Loving the changes! Good job!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Eleria 'Orion' Starwind
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    lol, so many valuable developer hours wasted to revert VU16 functions mostly back to VU15 functionality...
    when will MA learn they cant force us few paying customers to like their product, but instead have to shape their product to meet our customer's preferences?

#1 heretic tip:
    ASK us customers beforehand, which functions we would like to see and then DO THAT!

#2 heretic tip:
    MORE BUGFIXES!
    thank you MA for fixing half of the newly implemented bugs and one or two old bugs. thats by far the best you did in the past months...

#3 heretic tip:
    MA, you have chosen the right path once your net balance of bugs is decreasing per VU!
    Last edited by Orion; 04-10-2019 at 14:23.
    The +1 PED Shop: /wp [Calypso, 34282, 48134, 111, Genesis Star Tower B, Block B, Shop #4]
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_member_signatur_orion.jpg

Proud Citizen of Calypso since February 9th, 2002

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ugggggghhhhh come on man you constantly working on this pissed off project. Camera was fine now today it's so annoying how do i reset to yesterday?

Every time i move the view it stops attacking. Stop working on the camera adding more selections and junk just to get to the old style we never wanted to go away. Also work on bugs, content, and real game play like Loot 3.0 and professions, space etc.

Right now it's unbearable to hunt again.

Im standing there attacking and i like to swing the camera around as I hunt but it stops the auto use of the F key? So i have to keep smashing F on the same mob as i move camera? why does it disengage it?

Edit- Back to not hunting again.... Lets see if harvesting is better.... Bravo MA.... Bravo...
    First time player I guess it always stopped attacking.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    One good thing the cross hairs are no longer pointing at my butt I guess its not as cute as it was lol. I would like to be able to watch from above like I was before that little patch MA gave us just after the big release. I do like being higher than the target but that is not a game stopper and overall it still going pretty good, for me anyway.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    excellent update ty MA
    ✘✘✘ ViPô₩₳₹₱ - 24/7 Mobile Offline Messaging - https://discord.gg/EA2gkVh

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CozMoDan View Post
    First time player I guess it always stopped attacking.
    It didn't. Moving camera a bit after starting an attack was the primary remedy for the camera shaking after the camera update. It positively didn't affect auto-use.

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Ok so if i am running forward and have the camera pointed at my face. Yesterday when I hit Alt it would flip directions instantly. Today it just restabilizes the camera and i keep running forward which is what I don't want. I wear out my alt key while hunting and it is faded just like my W,A,S,D keys. I don't want the camera to restabilize after I hit alt since i hit it 20 + times a min.

Yes i have Unlock Free Lock checked...... Which fixed one problem of being able to backpeddle and look with a side view.

However still also have the issues of stopping attacking when moving the camera around and have to keep hitting F to attack again.

So 2 issues I can't resolve. Don't get why it keeps stopping attacking when im standing still in front of the mob just looking with camera.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 04-10-2019 at 14:36.
    The Abomb now has Remarkable Wood! Level 47 Resource Gatherer, 5,480 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,362 Martial Arts
    I am growing strongah with the Force - 4,128 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Octo Production View Post
    I just thought I'd mention this...

Yesterday I packed up all my gear and thought I would head to F.O.M.A.

I flew off in my quad, it does lag when I head into space, the burners on my quad seem to burst or jump and it bounces around. Anyway, I made it to the reaches of space, only to be told that my space thruster was dead...

I realise it was entirely my fault for overlooking this and had probably been told numerous times it was low and needed replacing.. But I am your typical Entropian, with lots to do, and ignored it.

Having been in this situation before ( you'd think I would learn ) I left the vehicle, as I know it is the quickest way to get back down again. Thanks gravity.

I revived, ran to the A/H, bought thruster, removed old one, attatched new one, checked fuel and cargo bay again,spawned vehicle...

At this point I should say I have been testing out the entering and exiting a vehicle feature that was altered recently. Right clicking to enter a vehicle, sometimes causes you to pick up the vehicle instead of entering it. I find this has been set to happen, the majority of the time, if you are being attacked.

I have also found that pressing F to enter a vehicle works, quite well.. But if you are spamming it then you enter and exit a vehicle 10 times, becoming dizzy by the dramatic camera movements.

Anyway back to the story. So. I had used right click to enter a vehicle, right before I left for my excursion into space ( with the broken thrusters ) and thought hey I will use it again. So I spawned the quad, pressed right click... Aaaaaand. Picked the quad up again.

So I now have to wait for the spawn timer to run out before I can put the quad down again, and actually do what I set out to do 10 minutes ago.

It is the filling in a form online analogy.. Ever spend 30-40 minutes filling in, or writing out a nice long post or letter online. Only to hit send, or enter, and then you get the notice that the server has timed out and you need to refresh the page..? And it doesn't save what you typed? So you have to do the whole bloody thing again... Needless soul destroying time wasting B/S. It happened when I tried to add this post, but I have learned my lesson and save the stuff first now. An adaption to a problem that doesn't need to exist.

Summary : TLDR

So spawn quad, fly to space limit, thruster has run out. Go back down again. Buy thruster respawn quad. Press right click to enter vehicle, pick up vehicle, have to wait for spawn timer to run down. Consider logging as just going to space has now taken too long.

I realise that this seems like such a small problem you are all wondering.. WTF is this guy talking about. But I just wanted to give you the kind of ridiculous enjoyment jamming things that happen everyday in Entropia. I moaned about the convert shrapnel button.

Only because EVERY OTHER action had a damn warning window EXCEPT that one.. Even lifts that only go to one place ask you.. " where do you want to go " ? Der, let me think.. " THE ONLY OTHER FLOOR YOU ACTUALLY GO TO WHEN I'AM STANDING ON THIS ONE.

I am thankful for that little fix, no one else seems to like.. I like converting small amounts of shrap. When you mistakenly convert 300 PED of ammo, then realise you are going to have to spend another 30 minutes hunting to get it back.. Just in case you can sell it to tt if you want to buy anything on A/H.. But you are getting crap returns and want to finish hunting there and then.
    This could've been fixed by not having the " split " and " convert shrap " commands right next to each other, but hey..

As I stand there waiting for the spawn timer to run out I am really thinking about logging out as this game is such a pain, sometimes now. Just going into space I get all this useless time wasting stuff. And it seemed like using as many words as possible to describe such a small event, mirrored how it feels when all this stuff happens and you are left waiting around, or being asked questions. When there really doesn't seem to be a need for it.
    nicely stated. hope ma hears this. i got the exact same complaints. and lots more. like there used to be the occasional lost mouse clicks now i click like 6 -8 times sometimes at tps and elevators.

little nitpicky annoyances that will forever keep this game on the b circuit.

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Deux Pelleman Ex
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Really good vu you guys.
    Have a great day!
    //Deux Pelleman Ex

www.gpromm.com

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast