Strange mining occurrence

Farfel

Hatchling
Society
Freelancer
Farseptumus Farfel Raddicus
Lately I have had a strange mining occurrence. While walking, I drop a probe, then still walking I make a slow right turn 90 degrees, and usually get a hit. I get more hits this way than just straight line mining. This doesn't work in all areas. Is there something to this or just luck? I have been a miner for a long time, not a noob.

This doesn't work in all areas.

going by this, i'd go with just luck.
You could get a handful of friends, have them do exactly the same, if they don't get the same result, then it's confirmed that it's just luck.

You could get a handful of friends, have them do exactly the same, if they don't get the same result, then it's confirmed that it's just luck.

I have seen some very strange things when mining. I do think that there is a reversable system...

I have seen some very strange things when mining. I do think that there is a reversable system...

Don't forget the clusters (a lot claims are near at same place). I always try to find clusters. Once i got 18 claims within a range of 200m.

So my methode is, if i get a claim, i most search for other claims near this, if HR is good. I most mine also both together, ore and enm. (about i'm to lazy to switch all the time) and result is near same, on my places, as if i go only for one of both. This methode needs to drop in short distances, if you think it is a cluster.

Search for R4tt3xx on the forum and a whole universe will open up :)

and theres also possibility of "personal loot path" - theory of a hunter/crafter:)

It's the ancient wisdom, face the north and wait for the perception :silly2:

It's the ancient wisdom, face the north and wait for the perception :silly2:

Let me tell you what does work, when there are no hits in an area, logging off sorts that out very quickly.

Not playing the game is counter productive to both Mindark and the player, but if the player is not enjoying themselves for any reason alt-f4 is the best option, your ped balance will thank you for it.

and theres also possibility of "personal loot path" - theory of a hunter/crafter:)

i don't think MA has coded a couple million "personal loot paths", way too much work, just having RNG can produce the same results and requires a lot less work :)

Claims occur in lines and in clusters. If you have a line of NRF, dropping off to the side of the line will quite often hit a claim. If not, then you're probably in a NRF cluster... :)

Claims occur in lines and in clusters. If you have a line of NRF, dropping off to the side of the line will quite often hit a claim. If not, then you're probably in a NRF cluster... :)

So mining still has a central core with arms branching off from it... Typical spiral configuration.

Claims occur in lines and in clusters.

That's not true for the hell domes nor planet side area i mine ^^
Sure, occassionally the claims appear in line or in cluster, but that's more the exception...

This is actually an interesting concept...

(Removed)

Last edited:
Back