Help: Rough prices on shops / know of any for sale on Calypso / Arkadia primarily?

Rabonzo

Young
Rabonzo The Earthling
As the title says, I am looking into a new venture on Entropia.

However, I am in need of some vital information, and the primary thing is... How much (ROUGHLY) would shops be priced on avg. basis? I am not necessarily looking for a frontend buisness, but I need some information to start both the investmentplan and the buissnessmodel :)

I hope people get my drift here, I am not asking for all prices at once, just a roughly estimated value :) I get the point that some areas are extremely expensive, and others are not so expensive. I just have no real clue how much one needs to invest at the current moment.

Kind regards

Rabonzo

As the title says, I am looking into a new venture on Entropia.

However, I am in need of some vital information, and the primary thing is... How much (ROUGHLY) would shops be priced on avg. basis? I am not necessarily looking for a frontend buisness, but I need some information to start both the investmentplan and the buissnessmodel :)

I hope people get my drift here, I am not asking for all prices at once, just a roughly estimated value :) I get the point that some areas are extremely expensive, and others are not so expensive. I just have no real clue how much one needs to invest at the current moment.

Kind regards

Rabonzo

Hi Rabonzo,

This is a contentious subject and some people are bound to have varying opinions on what shops should cost...

I have shops all over the universe (except Arkadia) and I have a firm grasp on what they actually do cost and some of the advantages or disadvantages concerning certain locations.

Here are the main rules when it comes to shops in Entropia:
1. Like in real life real estate, location is everything, so expect to pay a premium (about double) for the best locations in the game. A booth located where there is a lot of traffic, some examples are: a booth at Celeste Quarry on Ark or City of Dreams on RT, will cost you about double of an ordinary booth somewhere else. A large shop at Twin Peaks mall will cost you about double what a large shop will cost you at Emerald Lakes mall.

2. Many people get into shop ownership as a way to sell their hunting loot. So you end up with a bunch of shops that lack a theme and just offer random stuff, and those are boring and give shops in EU a bad reputation in general. If you plan on having a successful shop, you should have a plan and a theme in mind. We really don't need another one of those Random Crap'ola shops right now.

3. Once you have a theme and a plan in mind, you should research those markets on various planets. Certain offerings at certain locations do better then what you would expect so do a lot of research. Just as a way of example, Monria shops can do significantly better then poorly located Caly shops mainly because there's not much available on the Monria auction and so local hunters, crafters and miners mostly rely on shops for the items they need. So if you plan to develop a network of shops in the game, it's often better to start at a remote location, and then expand towards Calypso once you are an experienced shop owner.

4. Be patient and price things right. Things don't fly off the shelves. It requires a lot of advertising to get people to even come to your store, and if your prices are too high, all that effort will be wasted when they leave without buying anything. But be patient, and keep at it, do more research, keep note of what sells and get more of those types of items and eventually you'll have a shop that has good repute and decent sales. If you plan on creating a network of stores, be prepared to work on it full time. You won't have time to do anything else if you have good stores.

As far as prices go, I hesitate to give actual numbers because I know some people in here are gonna freak, you're best bet would be to just ask around and find out what is for sale right now and what prices they are asking for. Before long you'll be familiar with the market. It's constantly changing so even if I give you actual figures, it might not possible to get those prices today.

But just so you're not totally blind, expect to pay at least 10k-15k for an actual planet side shop, at the minimum, and that could go as high as 30k. For a poorly located booth (or a shop on FOMA), you should expect to be able to find prices ranging from around 3.5k to 7k.

I hope that gives you something to work with.

Good luck o/

Legends

very outdated info over at https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...6-Shop-Guide&p=3020848&viewfull=1#post3020848 but some of the info there is still useful.

Remember, location may be important, but other factors are involved too such as item points, etc.

NO SHOP HAS RENT due every month like they all used to (booths never had rent though)...

Arkadia shops seem to be a bit pricey for the most part, as do most estates there. Prices on other planets other than Arkadia and Calypso have prices all over the place. Most item points per shop can be found on Rocktropia in Tangerine.

Last edited:
I do have an idea of what to do with the shop, no worries... But that's alot cheaper than I first anticipated. Ofc location and inventory + interior comes up too, but I had expected a steeper number personally.

This was the information I sought, now I just need to find someone willing to sell as well.
Thanks for your time to reply =)

Can only give some history data about the shops I owned in the past:

PA Mall shop I owned was bought at 12k PED (50 item points) sold it 1.5 years later at 20k PED.
Sakura shop bought at 3.5k PED and later sold at 5k PED to buy a Thorkells Cave shop.

Thorkells cave shops was bugged after implementation and money paid refunded by MA, with later option to buy a New Oxford Mall shop at same price. What I did!

Still have the New Oxfort Shop with 100 item points, not upgraded yet (dont know if this is still possible to do).

Personally I would value my shop around 10-15k PED, but it is definately not for sale yet.

Shopkeepers was sold around 2k PED in the past, but it seems price on that have drastically increased, since I looked for shopkeepers a while ago, the price on those offered was around 2.5k PED up to 3k+ PED.

Foma shops seem to be cheap, around 2.5k PED, well not very interesting for me.

Dont know about other planets.

For Mall shops, better expect to need more money from 10k to 30k depends on Mall and item points.
Other Caly shops around 3-5k PED, but it needs good advertising to get customers into it, while there is fairly good business in Malls without advertising a lot.

Good luck with your business.

I can give a rougth price on RT shops.
  • Billboards about 2 - 3 K
  • booths about 5k - 7k.
  • hell stalls and prision cells 7 - 10k
  • Smalll shops 17 - 20k. One recently sold for 25k!
  • big shops (bars) 25k and up

This is only what i would say, it all depends on seller and buyer. They are in demand and are rarely up for sale.

Back