FYI: I'm now working at MindArk

Status

Darkaruki

Stalker
Banned
Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
Hey everyone!

Many of you currently may know me as Darkaruki and know me from my involvement in the community, such as participating and administrating the Entropia Universe community Discord server, administrating and improving EntropiaWiki, being behind the the majority of moderation on PCF for the past year and a half or so, and some other community projects. I did all these things in my own spare time/just for fun as a passionate player, but I'd like to announce that starting today I'm now going to be working directly with MindArk.

Working at MindArk was discussed as a possibility while I was attending the Test Workshop back in October which, despite being such a big trip, I felt compelled to attend because it seemed like a unique opportunity to get a view of the way things are on the inside of a company whose product I felt captivated by, as well as a chance to visit Europe for the first time.

While at the Test Workshop I mentioned that I might at some point in the future be interested in working with them and helping them with their QA which I had, as a player, felt many times was lacking. I was told it could be worth discussing if I decided in the future I was interested, and around half a year later I decided to get back in touch with them. The discussions went well and it was decided that there was a place for me there.

Prior to beginning work at MindArk my primary occupation and source of income came from streaming and content creation in a competitive strategy game where I was a top ranked player, which I had been doing for several years and felt I was less passionate about than I was about Entropia Universe.

I'll be primarily helping MindArk with QA, a bit of design, and hopefully I'll be able to help with continuing to maintain and improve community resources. I hope as well to continue being involved with the community to ensure valuable feedback and suggestions are heard.

I'll try my best for now to continue helping out with PCF moderation while remaining as unbiased as possible as I always have, but it's possible this will not remain the case.

For those who are I'm sure will wonder, my current avatar will be locked and I will receive an Official avatar as well as an undercover avatar with limited functionality (with regards to depositing, withdrawing, event participation, and economic activity) to allow me to continue enjoying the game on my own time and avoid falling out of touch.

Last edited:
This is awesome news! Huge GZ! :yay:

well gl working with MA , still i thought you addressed small issues with the game and not the main and important ones (but maybe its just my silly first impression after i came back)

Last edited:
Glad to hear Big Gratz :) :wtg:

Great move by MindArk!

wow . you were great help to pcf . you are an actal player working with them . not only is this a great move by MA and yourself, it's also a great thing for us . so, happy MA is actually trying to solve so many problems . good luck with this initiative .

gratz, but this probably means we'll never hear from you again after 2 months.

I love it! Huge congratz to a fellow Canadian on this life changing decision and I wish you all the best while you're there!

It would be great to hear a bit more about what the job of Quality Assurance entails for an online game such as this one, is it mostly beta testing, bug finding stuff, or are there some other interesting aspects to it like balancing, interface design and functionality, etc...?

Congratulations and all the best wishes!

I'll be primarily helping MindArk with QA, a bit of design, and hopefully I'll be able to help with continuing to maintain and improve community resources. I hope as well to continue being involved with the community to ensure valuable feedback and suggestions are heard.

I actually hope your job there is limited to the above presented.I am really worried otherwise.
Gratz I suppose.

Gratz! Now we know who to bug when we see bugs.

Congratulations from another Canadian! :cool:
This is great news for everyone.

Best of luck!
Geo

A Big Gratz! please do not forget that you are one of us. Take our passion and bring it to developer team and QA of MA. They need our real experience like true players. You can make reality our dreams for the game!

Gratz! This is great news!

Gratz this is a good achivement on your career ...:yay:

Gratz on your new career.

My questions:

1. Who made your official MA name ?

2. Can I quote you on that ?

Congratulations!

That is to Mindark, you have recruited a very dedicated and passionate player there.

Listen to him! :whisper:

(PS: Congratulations to you too Darkaruki ;) )

I'm really glad for u and wish the best for this great new adventure!
That's a great target for who dedicated so much efforts and time in this Universe.

On my side I'd never could see my avatar locked neither for such an opportunity like this,
above all as I know how much time we needed to collect a Martial SGA M set :laugh::laugh:
(So mine is even a bit rarer now? :ahh:)

GL!

DRM

Glad to hear it mate:D Best of wishes with your new career move and hopefully a lot of fulfillment to come :D

Gratz! Congratulations on new job

gz. smart move :)

We met and talked barely few minutes and saw your big interest for the game. Glad we met ^^

Best of luck my friend :)

That is fantastic, very happy for you!!

Big Gratz ! :yay::beerchug:

Will you be working from home or commuting to Sweden on a daily basis?

Gz dude, your hard works paid off and hopefully you can make a positivr difference with the quality of things coming out of MA.

Great to hear that such an engaged and passionate player is crossing the floor. Good luck with it all. Hopefully this means that you'll now be getting paid for your inevitable attempt to convert everything on EntropiaWiki from Roman to Arabic numerals :D

Will you also be continuing as a PCF moderator, btw?

That's just awesome! I wish you the very best mate :) :cheer:

Status
Back