FYI: I'm now working at MindArk

Status
Hey everyone!

Many of you currently may know me as Darkaruki and know me from my involvement in the community, such as participating and administrating the Entropia Universe community Discord server, administrating and improving EntropiaWiki, being behind the the majority of moderation on PCF for the past year and a half or so, and some other community projects. I did all these things in my own spare time/just for fun as a passionate player, but I'd like to announce that starting today I'm now going to be working directly with MindArk.

Working at MindArk was discussed as a possibility while I was attending the Test Workshop back in October which, despite being such a big trip, I felt compelled to attend because it seemed like a unique opportunity to get a view of the way things are on the inside of a company whose product I felt captivated by, as well as a chance to visit Europe for the first time.

While at the Test Workshop I mentioned that I might at some point in the future be interested in working with them and helping them with their QA which I had, as a player, felt many times was lacking. I was told it could be worth discussing if I decided in the future I was interested, and around half a year later I decided to get back in touch with them. The discussions went well and it was decided that there was a place for me there.

Prior to beginning work at MindArk my primary occupation and source of income came from streaming and content creation in a competitive strategy game where I was a top ranked player, which I had been doing for several years and felt I was less passionate about than I was about Entropia Universe.

I'll be primarily helping MindArk with QA, a bit of design, and hopefully I'll be able to help with continuing to maintain and improve community resources. I hope as well to continue being involved with the community to ensure valuable feedback and suggestions are heard.

I'll try my best for now to continue helping out with PCF moderation while remaining as unbiased as possible as I always have, but it's possible this will not remain the case.

For those who are I'm sure will wonder, my current avatar will be locked and I will receive an Official avatar as well as an undercover avatar with limited functionality (with regards to depositing, withdrawing, event participation, and economic activity) to allow me to continue enjoying the game on my own time and avoid falling out of touch.

In short: Thanks.

In longer: This community has long needed a personality much like yours doing some things very much like you described. Great news and thank you for your service.

Gtz and I wish you to accomplish everything you dream on ;)
Hope you to conrtibute as much as you can making this platform what most of us wished.
Unfortunately...you find me at the exit.

Again good luck

:bowdown: I am soooo thankful for what you have achived for the community of players. Thank you! :bowdown:

Once the grace period MA will grant you is over and you have less spare time left, which impact your change to MA will have on our Entropiawiki now?

Also, MA fails to provide an own mob map themselves.
Will they allow you to finish and upkeep your mob map?
Or will we be left with an outdated map in near future again?

Since MA sux at "quality of life improvements" for their customers, your participation for Entropiawiki, the forum and the map is priceless for us players.
I would hate to see your achivements being left behind, only because MA now can tell you to do things they consider to be more important.

From what's been discussed, I believe I'll be able to continue working on community resources such as the Explorer Map, EntropiaWiki, or PCF on my own time or when I don't have much else to do, as long I'm not supplying players with information they wouldn't otherwise be able to acquire themselves for the most part.

Status
Back