Test: Cost to get Basic Filter QR 100

PkmX

Stalker
Society
Art of Mining
PkmX
Started this test with very noob skills (less than 30 in enginnering) yesterday, I will keep clicking until I get 100 QR on basic filter BP and post the result for each run.

Run 1

Used:
1773 Lyst (53.19 PED)
1773 Oil (35.46 PED)
Total: 88.65 PED
=================
Got:
4117 Basic Filters (41.17 PED)
899 Metal Residue (8.99 PED)
379 EnMatter Residue (3.79 PED)
110 Oil (2.20 PED)
Total: 56.15 PED

Lost: 32.50 PED
Return Rate: 63.34%
QR: 1 ---> 39

Run 2

Used:
1805 Lyst (54.15 PED)
1805 Oil (36.10 PED)
Total: 90.25 PED
=================
Got:
4820 Basic Filters (48.20 PED)
737 Metal Residue (7.37 PED)
744 EnMatter Residue (7.44 PED)
101 Oil (2.02 PED)
Total: 65.03 PED

Lost: 25.22 PED
Return Rate: 72.06%
QR: 39 ---> 52.9

Last edited:
Good Luck. Nice post and I hope you don't lose too much PED. I assume the figures you are showing for Lyst and oil are the TT prices? It may be worth mentioning that the losses can be greater depending on the markup at auction? :wise:

Anyway - thanks for sharing the info. +ve rep to you.

thats great - one thing that would be great is well since you are recording all your results is to post skills before and after each run

ie - related skills
engeenering, manufacture mecanical equpment and i beleive mecanics

i think compter comes once in a blue moon and after a while you will gain intelligence too

Do you click on quantity or condition?

Good Luck, i would interested t5o know the results, as i have done a similar test for Standard Dampers, and it took about 11 batches of 2.5k Lyst and 5k oil. i know i have the results somewhere but cannot find the spreadsheet. :(

Darky.

BruuD said:
Do you click on quantity or condition?

Quantity.

And, it don't really remember the skill when I started doing this test, so I think the skill data will be in third run (started second run before I see your post).

Xantonia said:
Good Luck. Nice post and I hope you don't lose too much PED. I assume the figures you are showing for Lyst and oil are the TT prices? It may be worth mentioning that the losses can be greater depending on the markup at auction? :wise:

Anyway - thanks for sharing the info. +ve rep to you.

The prices are changing all the time, so if you are a good buyer you can get resource with less money, please add % (lyst, oil and residues) by yourselves. ;)

Last edited:
Run 2 has been updated

Run 2 has been updated!

My fund has been down to 100 PED, so this test will be stopped for a while and may be contiune after 1 week. I would be happy if someone wanna help me with 10K PED. :laugh: (I'm kidding.)

Last edited:
Nice to do this test :) +rep for posting it.
Does qr increase quicker if you have higher skills?

hmm will take a lot of 2k materials runs.. i think ive been though 12k clicks on filters, and my QR is still 92-3ish.

i cant realy tell if QR increases faster with better skills because i have no skills lol. i'd say no - skills help with CoS and efficiency, and tt value of the item.. plus i can tell no difference in skillgan with higher QR, so i would expect the same to be true the other way around.

gl with this, wish i'd have taken a few notec for my own runs..

Darky, when u first started on Dampers, did u start at 0 skill on them? because i looked at my CoS on Dampers bp, and it was orange.. i have a few clicks with em too (say about 20) and i only managed 1 success.. not rite eco to start streight with dampers is it?

andyzammy said:
Darky, when u first started on Dampers, did u start at 0 skill on them? because i looked at my CoS on Dampers bp, and it was orange.. i have a few clicks with em too (say about 20) and i only managed 1 success.. not rite eco to start streight with dampers is it?

From my experience it is better to start at a lower level and get as many of the same colour blueprint (red for mech, yellow for elec, blue for metal) to 100% as possible before going up to the next level. It is more cost effective. I went through levels as quicker as possible as I thought I would get skill gain quicker. To a small degree I did but at a seemingly higher cost. I have now started going back down levels and getting at least two blueprints to 100% before moving up a level (all depends on available material tho :tongue2: )

Hope that helps you.

andyzammy said:
hmm will take a lot of 2k materials runs.. i think ive been though 12k clicks on filters, and my QR is still 92-3ish.

i cant realy tell if QR increases faster with better skills because i have no skills lol. i'd say no - skills help with CoS and efficiency, and tt value of the item.. plus i can tell no difference in skillgan with higher QR, so i would expect the same to be true the other way around.

gl with this, wish i'd have taken a few notec for my own runs..

lol, no its not eco to start on Dampers, but it is better.

I did start at skills of 0 on dampers with a damper of 1% as well.

The first batch I little success, and lost about 90 peds more that i should have done, but after that the qr of the damper blueprint was around 38% so i had a better chance and only lost about 50 peds more than i should have done, by the third batch it had gone upto around 58% and was at max COS. and as it was economical from that point i got Lots more skills that doing the same on filters.

Darky.

hmm interesting - i might shove the rest of my materials into the dmper bp next time i craft a lil..

Back