Suggestion: Hastery/Penetration on skills

messi91

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
Hi,

Since I've see you are receptive to ideas here some from me.

I will start with the idea that instead of you to focus on the grab the money and then we deliver lets do an experiment.
Lets focus on give them value for what they already have and what the love the most and they already have without damage the game.
Give them value for their skills and make them loot great/fancy/unique etc

My observation is that people don't want to keep their skills anymore (not necessarily a bad idea, good for market though) but skills are the basic and the heart of the game we do all love to have them and we skill them with a lot of time and dedication.

I've got the idea playing WOW and reading through some tooltip on certain skills.
Here are some ideas and I hope you think about it and maybe you can improve it or bring new stuff to the table :

Kill Strike (measure of your ability to deal a fatal blow) - It clearly doesn't do anything close to that.This is the skill we all dream to have it at some point and once we get it we don't feel anything happens.
My suggestion : Every 100-200 tt Kill strike you have 0.5% chance to either do more damage for 15 seconds / Have a chance (1%) to kill the mob if its under 25% (execute - hence the fatal blow) (this effect can have a diminishing return on greater amount of skill involved)

Marksmanship (masure of your skill and accuracy with ranged weapons.
Ok this is lets say a basic skill we can can lower the input but at least have it do something as a signature skill
My suggestion : Every 500 tt skill Marksmanship have a chance to increase your ability to hit (90% base) you can add a modifier so you can increase that to a level say 90-92% (this effect can have a diminishing return on greater amount of skill involved)

Commando to use extreme combat skills reserved for true combat veterans - Ok this is Nirvana for all hunters ingame.
Shall we create a mastery based on the tooltip or on on hp gains?
My suggestion(s)
Every 350 tt you gain 0.3% life percentage of your total hp (this effect can have a diminishing return on greater amount of skill involved)
Use extreme combat skills so , make attack with your weapon glow, I relate to hp and I say make it green
0 being the lighest green, 20000 being a dark green , every swing a cool design will show up on your weapon.

Courage -the ability to challenge danger and perform under pressure -thats the heart of all generals
My suggestion : When you face a mob way above your level or 2 or more mobs will attack you you gain a shield based that abosorb x amount of dmg over a short period of time (hence challenge danger) say : Every 400 tt you absorb 15ish dmg over 10 seconds until (this effect can have a diminishing return on greater amount of skill involved)

Evade to refexively react to danger and to avoid injury when attacked in close combat -

My suggestion : If you get attacked by a mob and you repetitively avoid the attack you have a chance to riposte with a modifier attack based on your main weapon say if you evaded 4 times in a row chanced a % , you keep the riposte dmg % the same say riposte dmg is set to 7% and sligtly increase every 400 tt. (this effect can have a diminishing return on greater amount of skill involved)

I might stop for now with suggestions although I can probably add more later.

I said earlier follow the value not the money because this is how you can obtain money on long term.If you aim to get money with every action people get defense mode and you might get opposite

My suggestions are are meant to add value that is already found in the Universe to the individual without touching the loot algorithm or to create imbalance.My hope is to give people goals and improve this dull gameplay.

Add your skill and your suggestions using the same rules.
I urge any admin to delete any unrelated posts or offtopic/bully/insults

Call me conservative but skilling should, as it always been, only be for using higher leveled items and getting more hp. Items has always been the carrot for skilling and making skills more complex in a game with unlimited skillevel is too risky in a RCE. Also do you really expect them to deliever this suggested complex skill system with successful balance and issue free? Ive witnessed many minor changes throughout the years that totally broken core loot balance/mechanics.

If you feel that your inflated skill level is not useful, well I guess it is not much to do. Had you played 10-12 years ago you could have sold it for great profit, but now it is really not useable at all. The best thing you can hope for is that more lvl100+ items gets released.

I urge any admin to delete any unrelated posts or offtopic/bully/insults

This is just too ironic, do you not have any self sense at all or just trolling at this point?

Call me conservative but skilling should, as it always been, only be for using higher leveled items and gettingmore hp.

If you feel that your inflated skill level is not useful, well I guess it is not much to do. Had you played 10-12 years ago you could have sold it for great profit, .
~Snip~

I did play 10-12 years ago.

Years ago was different and once we let that go, game will be much more enjoyable. Yes, was better then and loot/skills/ armor etc..yes..we know that.
I also see players with 2 or less years surpass many who have been ingame 14 years. They have far more thing to skill faster and SIB and can run circles around old ways.

I think times and games have changed significantly and those holding on to "How It used to be" needs to release that for their own sanity. Is like holding back an ocean.

Last edited:
idea and proposition are still better than yelling. i like the concept.

~Snip~

I did play 10-12 years ago and not to sound like a "Messi fanboi/girl" but he is completely right.

Years ago was different and once we let that go, game will be much more enjoyable. Yes, was better then and loot/skills/ armor etc..yes..we know that.
I also see players with 2 or less years surpass many who have been ingame 14 years.

I think times and games have changed significantly and those holding on to "How It used to be" needs to release that for their own sanity. Is like holding back an ocean.

Just because someone says a new way to play or initiates new ideas does not make them the "DEVIL."

I do agree that the game should change in one way or another to improve entertainment value or economy. Loot 2.0 was the right way to go, to change loot mechanism that is. But changing the way skills effect gameplay is not right way to go especially when total amount of skills of avatars has increased at insane levels the latest years.

It is better that they continue to focus on how items affect loot, avatar or gameplay mechanics and release higher level items instead.

If I would have a go on Messis idea of making skills useful in some way: I would rather that they implemented a way for us to sacrifice skillpoints for something beneficial. I mean a mechanic where you can sacrifice an amount of skillpoints to have a chance to loot unique items. That way you could also compete in any mayhem category you want.

I like the idea and totally agree with Messi, that skills (especially the hidden ones) should have an effect, beside the ability to use better gear or contribute to HP.
It would really make skills valuable and chipping out to stay in lower cat at mayhems wouldn´t be that cool as it is now.

It would also be an incentive for medium skilled players to buy skills every here and then to get an slightly advantage from specific skills.

loot 2.0 already was heavily biased towards big depoers & people who are around for a very long time while being a punch into the face of small depoers & new players and you want to expand that even further? You really don't want EU to grow, do you?

Back