PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

loot 2.0 was a mistake, make loot 3.0 or undo loot 2.0

Loot 2.0 is heavily biased towards old players & big depoers while being a punch in the face for new players and small depoers.

Having efficiency impact the tt-return and loot composition being impacted by DPP was a bad idea.
    At first i've been thinking it was a good idea as well, however it gives mid level/efficiency players an auto-win vs. new players and high level/efficiency players vs. mid/low level/efficiency players, therefor the tt-return and loot composition should no longer be impacted by efficiency/dpp.

The current issue is when being level 50 or higher and having 70-80% efficiency along with high DPP going to hunt low level mobs, like level 10 ones, then you always beat new players, which may only have 55-63% efficiency and lower DPP, because as 50ish player you get higher return and more MU loot, allowing to constantly undercut new players while always getting profit and the new players to never be able to break even.

the only advantage of higher level & gear should be to be able to kill low/mid mobs faster and being able to kill higher mobs.
    Higher mobs should ofc have higher items and no longer drop low level mob stuff, assuring that there's some gain for higher players without hurting new players...

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Leeloo Leeloo Mountain
    Society
    Spectra
    Images
    Ahhh ... another whining thread?

Hands over a huge box of handkerchiefs

Suggestion : Make Alukat123 disappear
    Colorer lvl 33 - Texturer lvl 31
    The Miner's Dream TICity, Platinum, C5
    Ores / Enmatter / Treasures
    Recruting (wanabee) miners

Maybe im mistaken so i dont mind to get corrected here by someone who knows what hes talking about.

From my understanding higher efficiency gives you more loot thats correct but not to the point were you start making a tt profit out of your fellow co players that have a lower efficiency (that would have been loot system 2005 when skills and eff matterd). It makes you only lose money slower wich is fine because on higher levels with better tools you tend to cycle a lot more peds per hour compared to a kerb hunting beginner. Overall high cycler lose more money (TT) in the same timeframe compared to beginner with guns around 58 eff.

I dont see the mistake here

Mindarks mistake is that losing money feels like losing money and not like buying power like in other games.

Prowler
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Yeah Loot 2.0 actually solved the exact problem OP suggested, but I think OP basically wants to do away with efficiency parameter...

I am against this for obvious reasons LOL. Plus, the higher level players tend to cycle more peds, which means at the same eff, they are going to paying a shit ton more into the system.
    IGN: Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho

Check out my stream! https://www.twitch.tv/lootdemon

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Nero Pelleman Wolf
    Society
    SKYFALL
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona Simmons View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe im mistaken so i dont mind to get corrected here by someone who knows what hes talking about.

From my understanding higher efficiency gives you more loot thats correct but not to the point were you start making a tt profit out of your fellow co players that have a lower efficiency (that would have been loot system 2005 when skills and eff matterd). It makes you only lose money slower wich is fine because on higher levels with better tools you tend to cycle a lot more peds per hour compared to a kerb hunting beginner. Overall high cycler lose more money (TT) in the same timeframe compared to beginner with guns around 58 eff.

I dont see the mistake here

Mindarks mistake is that losing money feels like losing money and not like buying power like in other games.
    I completely agree.
    Also I suspect the real problem MU has drasticly upped its outtake. Very few ppl in game has better efficiency and eco than me, still since october I constantly loose

nero
    I'm in good shape. Round is a shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona Simmons View Post
    i wasn't talking about TT profit, i was talking about after MU...

Quote Originally Posted by Jhereg View Post
    Yeah Loot 2.0 actually solved the exact problem OP suggested, but I think OP basically wants to do away with efficiency parameter...
    high level DPP player gets 90% of loot in MU stuff and newer player, with lower DPP gets about 50-60% MU of loot in MU stuff. On top of that the high level when having higher efficiency eventually gets 97% return while low level player with lower efficiency only gets maybe only 95-96%...

Where the fuck did loot 2.0 solve that issue?

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ledjaman theledja ras
    Society
    The Knights of Entropia
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    i wasn't talking about TT profit, i was talking about after MU...

high level DPP player gets 90% of loot in MU stuff and newer player, with lower DPP gets about 50-60% MU of loot in MU stuff. On top of that the high level when having higher efficiency eventually gets 97% return while low level player with lower efficiency only gets maybe only 95-96%...

Where the fuck did loot 2.0 solve that issue?
    Are you suggesting a brand new player should get the same returns and proportion of loot that is high MU as someone thats invested time and money into the game? I don't understand what your suggestion is

Quote Originally Posted by ledja View Post
    Are you suggesting a brand new player should get the same returns and proportion of loot
    maybe not brand new, but yes, that should be case for players who are low level and have their weapon maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by ledja View Post
    as someone thats invested time and money into the game?
    that person can than utilize the time and money invested by hunting new players mobs way faster or hunt stuff the new players simply can't hunt, because new players level is still too low.
    Last edited by Alukat123; 04-19-2019 at 15:40.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LeelooM View Post
    Suggestion : Make Alukat123 disappear
    +1 Any idea how we can achieve that?

Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    Loot 2.0 is heavily biased towards old players & big depoers while being a punch in the face for new players and small depoers.
    Loot 2.0 came with 2.0 weapons that are accessible and are superior to the old ones. New players have a big advantage since the old players and big depoers took a hit and had to change the setups while loosing considerably in value. Small depoers have the great advantage that they can get limited equipment with DECENT dpp and eff; old players had to use bad weapons, bad amps, with very high MU, newer players have the chance of skilling up with far better and cheaper equipment. New players have the advantage of starting the looting prrofession related skills from 0, just as the old and ancient players and fossils.

I'm not expecting thread's author to understand any of it, looks like no understanding of hunting profession just like no understanding of his main profession, crafting. But I'm sure others will get it

Twitch channel
    | EntropiaLife profile | PM for "Eve's mod fap fen service" | Face masks

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images
    I want to make the same money as a doctor without studying 10+ years and paying for the college.
    Xen Shop ESI 209.50 + 76.59 | Genesis ArcSpark | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween and Christmas Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Athenic Ring Adjusted | Artemic Ring Perfected | Hermetic Ring Augmented | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast