Suggestion: Space and beyond

ProActive Mango

Stalker
How about removing space pvp4 (lootable space) and remove global auction transport fees.
Then you give space dwellers space hunting and mining with new iron mission and new loot for future spacecrafting.

This will open up the world of entropia to new dimensions never seen before, players happy, MA happy!

Have a big area in space for pvp4 for the juicy mining. Space wars will ensue.

yolo`?

How about removing space pvp4 (lootable space) and remove global auction transport fees.
Then you give space dwellers space hunting and mining with new iron mission and new loot for future spacecrafting.

This will open up the world of entropia to new dimensions never seen before, players happy, MA happy!

Have a big area in space for pvp4 for the juicy mining. Space wars will ensue.

yolo`?

That would be like punishing everyone who bought a big spacecraft previously - and still hasnt gotten what was promised in the sale - a second and third time ontop of the intial equus sale/auction transport punishment.
You are essentially suggesting that after mindark took away part of the bussiness with auction transports and another part by introducing equus with ul warp drives, to now again take the rest of the bussiness as well away and reduce big spacecrafts to some fancy (expensive) hunting equippment...
I hope mindark has better plans than this.

That would be like punishing everyone who bought a big spacecraft previously - and still hasnt gotten what was promised in the sale - a second and third time ontop of the intial equus sale/auction transport punishment.
You are essentially suggesting that after mindark took away part of the bussiness with auction transports and another part by introducing equus with ul warp drives, to now again take the rest of the bussiness as well away and reduce big spacecrafts to some fancy (expensive) hunting equippment...
I hope mindark has better plans than this.

Totally agree with you theres got to be some major space plans that increases the demand for large vessles. But even some small additions in the right direction can have a nice impact. I still wanna dock on planet tho.. be soo sick and realistic.

picture the movie 5th element or something.. That's how PA or the hangers might look with all the flying ships everywhich way. That's the dream

so a few spaceship owners will benefit wile the majority 99% will have to pay to move around in the universe and sell their loot.

The old space program was an old developer team, remeber.. they created compet.

Its time for new plans!

so a few spaceship owners will benefit wile the majority 99% will have to pay to move around in the universe and sell their loot.

The old space program was an old developer team, remeber.. they created compet.

Its time for new plans!

I agree,its time to expand on those plans from the old dev team ( if it was) and make space even bigger and better than originaly planned , June 2020 anyone ?

I suggested this over 2 years ago...

I voted for introduction of TPs, here is my personal 3-step recipe for space success.

1. Introduce interplanetary TPs, more expensive than current warp services. It used to be 40 PED, I'm cool with that.
  2. Enable hangars so that motherships can be spawned near them, give a little fee to the owners and let them manage who lands near their hangar (like a guest list).
  3. Leave space as lootable PvP hunting grounds. Provide them with useful loot. Want an example? Make Galactica Mission components exclusive to space (bio id, conveyors and vacuum flux). How about nanocubes, output amps, cool (L) alien weapons, etc...

- Space players get what they want.
- People who want nothing to do with space get what they want.
- Transport providers would get even more customers, starting by me.
- Pirates would get a lot more action too.

I remember when some dev spawned a mothership over Twin Peaks, the sight of such huge ship was awe-inspiring. Now imagine interplanetary warps surface to surface, with the full "woooosh" animation and all.

It's just my opinion, not trying to be arrogant or condescending. Please read it carefully before going bananas on me.

Cheers.

The longer they take to fix space the less I care about it. Right now it's just "that shitty thing" you have to go through to get where you want, whether you like it or not.

I suggested this over 2 years ago...

The longer they take to fix space the less I care about it. Right now it's just "that shitty thing" you have to go through to get where you want, whether you like it or not.

That's what im picturing as well but without the interplanetary tp's. I disagree with tp's. We need more demand for using large vessles not less. Some of us myself included have invested heavily in ship and skills and time to ensure safe transport of goods. There is no other reason to have invested so much into it. What we have now is only need for a few ships and rest just sit there with nothing fun todo. Landing on planet would open up maybe proper planet tour's for tp's at a reasonable rates even for new players and be like AWESOME exciting for them. I still want a pilot gun for personal fun between warps etc as well and denser mob spawns. These 3 things would like very much increase large vessel demand and usage. Space is a pure ped sink for MA and im beside myself they haven't tapped it more. repair skillin alone u can burn 25ped/hour (rough number rk-20) pure decay into theyre pocket per person. more peoples going thru space and using the ships demand more pirates and more shewting etc. if I had pilot gun I know id be out hunting solo with mine a lot.. theres now opportunities for pirates in TG's instead of just sitting at SS. So many things would change.

It is clearly a conflict of interest between those invested in spaceships and everybody else. Suggestions like Angel's and mine aim at giving them something more worthwhile to do than being virtual busdrivers forever after, but it is understandable that there is resistance when a convenient position is put up for discussion. We'll see what they'll make of all this, but whichever way it goes, some will not be happy and it will be harder than other changes. The conflict is homemade though and its escalation through the closing of minds was entirely predictable from early on.

It is clearly a conflict of interest between those invested in spaceships and everybody else. Suggestions like Angel's and mine aim at giving them something more worthwhile to do than being virtual busdrivers forever after, but it is understandable that there is resistance when a convenient position is put up for discussion. We'll see what they'll make of all this, but whichever way it goes, some will not be happy and it will be harder than other changes. The conflict is homemade though and its escalation through the closing of minds was entirely predictable from early on.

Personally I don't care about space so much. I want to be able to use my ship without too much pain. driving shooting and looting is usually a 3 seat swap process similar to going thru tp's on planet. That's ridiculous. Space is kewl but im happy with just having comfortable uses for my ship and demand for it id be happy.

So yeah.. any suggestion that appears to decrease the need for or fun with our ships is gonna get us riled up. :)

that wouldn't be fair for mothership owners... maybe have a little non-lootable hunting ground at the space station, but that's it.

I get that people want options, who doesn't!

For space, its not just the owners, but the vast crew, friends, travellers and explorers who are all impacted by these suggestions.

Space has the potential to be something incredible, it needs to be bigger and better, with loads more to do, giving everyone a real lust to be there. Transport missions, unique drops, massive spawns, mining, land grabs, and all the other incredible suggestions people have made previously.

I actually wouldn't be too fussed about interplanetary TP's as suggested above long as the fees were huge. 150 ped for example, Then people who absolutely want to avoid space can, where as others can make the economic decision to fly with a ship for a fraction of the price.

Increase auction fees in line with this, free pick up, 20ped for delayed, 50ped for instant. The most important part being though that all these fees must be ring fenced into transport mission pay. The huge transport mission reward pool providing transport ships remedy for any potential lost passengers.

Everybody is happy, those who categorically want to avoid space can, whilst space flourishes under the new content and income.

Last edited:
Increase auction fees in line with this, free pick up, 20ped for delayed, 50ped for instant. The most important part being though that all these fees must be ring fenced into transport mission pay. The huge transport mission reward pool providing transport ships remedy for any potential lost passengers.

that would be pretty bad for interplanetary trading... need a 200 PED stack of whatever from another planet, then you basically would have to pay an extra 10% for shipping and with that it may just not be worthwhile to get the mats anymore.. the 2 / 6 PED fee is okay...

that would be pretty bad for interplanetary trading... need a 200 PED stack of whatever from another planet, then you basically would have to pay an extra 10% for shipping and with that it may just not be worthwhile to get the mats anymore.. the 2 / 6 PED fee is okay...
Or fly with a ship. Options :)

Or fly with a ship. Options :)

and then the 200 PED stack gets looted, which is even worse...
or you could take MS, which would be just as expensive or even more expensive than auction fees...

nah, being better off, to just not buy the mats and cancel that craft...

the way it currently is is fine.

and then the 200 PED stack gets looted, which is even worse...
or you could take MS, which would be just as expensive or even more expensive than auction fees...

nah, being better off, to just not buy the mats and cancel that craft...

the way it currently is is fine.
Nah, 10ped is not an uncommon MS scheduled warp price, can fly with us for 3ped or less per fight with Mutli-pass.That's cheaper than current auction fees!

I agree that they way it currently "works" is fine, as long as space gets its much anticipated update. I only suggest such alternative ideas towards those who want to "delete space" or bypass it all together :)

the inherent problem is that its 6ped to just purchase over auction safely or 10+ped to transport it yourself. the auction fees need to be inline with ship costs or slightly greater. easymode shouldn't be the cheapest option.

Id suggest 10ped auction fee at least, 10ped tp down to planet as well and open up large vessels to land directly on planet for point to point transport. This would make actually picking your items up from other planets yourself potentially cheaper of theres more than 1 item to pickup, would also keep tp down to planet rates high enough so some would risk flying down keeping the pirates employed and busy trying to shoot us down. and maybe slightly increase the large vessel usage so we jus a lil more busy up here.

I actually wouldn't be too fussed about interplanetary TP's as suggested above long as the fees were huge. 150 ped for example, Then people who absolutely want to avoid space can, where as others can make the economic decision to fly with a ship for a fraction of the price.

Everybody is happy, those who categorically want to avoid space can, whilst space flourishes under the new content and income.

150 PED is more punishment than an alternative, so no. I wouldn't be happy.

Why do I have to be punished just because I don't care for space.

the inherent problem is that its 6ped to just purchase over auction safely or 10+ped to transport it yourself. the auction fees need to be inline with ship costs or slightly greater. easymode shouldn't be the cheapest option.

20 different items each 2 PED auction fee or 17 PED total MS shipping fee (10 PED MS + 7 PED SS warp)? It depends on the situation and what you try to buy, in some situations, like when you want to buy a single 200 PED stack of something, then auction fee is the best choice and in other situation, like when you want to buy or sell 20 different items, then MS warp is the better option.
Also if you want very big stacks, then MS is also the better option, because auction fee starts scaling with weight at some point.

just leave it as it is, it's a good compromise.

Last edited:
Im more agressive than most and think we should need space. Next vu everyone should log in floating space like i do sometimes hahaha. But on a more serious note we do need more SOMETHING up here. Every vu planets getting all kinds of new content and changes, what did we get? A reticle so large u cant even see around it lol

But on a more serious note we do need more SOMETHING up here.

that i can agree too, however turning good compromise into something that's just toxic for the economy and the game is simply not the way to go.

Every vu planets getting all kinds of new content and changes, what did we get?
maybe it's lacks of money, maybe more new players and more players who stay may grant enough money so they can catch up on all the stuff they've promised and didn't deliver yet.

that i can agree too, however turning good compromise into something that's just toxic for the economy and the game is simply not the way to go.

maybe it's lacks of money, maybe more new players and more players who stay may grant enough money so they can catch up on all the stuff they've promised and didn't deliver yet.

damn I hope its not a money issue cuz damn.. if it took almost a decade to save up for that reticle even if it is quite large.. its gonna be long time before we get anything lil more exciting =p

*edit*
after re-reading this priority should be someone checking on bonnie.. im quite sure after reading this shell be choking on her wine!! JBK better take a look :)

Yeah you’re right, it’s punishing, just like removing space would be for us.

We could scrap both those ideas I think ;)

Efforts should be focused on the space update, making space amazing, and see what changes that brings to the dynamic.

Technically no one ever really needs to leave their home planet, but if you want to be an interplanetary explorer, then space is a part of that. It simply makes sense.

damn I hope its not a money issue cuz damn.. if it took almost a decade to save up for that reticle even if it is quite large.. its gonna be long time before we get anything lil more exciting =p

*edit*
after re-reading this priority should be someone checking on bonnie.. im quite sure after reading this shell be choking on her wine!! JBK better take a look :)

IKR!

No wine till after flights though! :wise: warps make the bubbles go flat.

Last edited:
Mindark s.e.o. guy is behind. Need a damn black hole in this game so mindark can bounce off headlines like back when tiger was in news and we had a golf course....

I also wouldn't agree with 150 ped.. but I could see a 50 ped with a weight restriction. Also, it's not a punishment, it would be an alternative.

As usual with any post about space travel this has turned into a ding-dong between those who hate space and want it removed, and those who like space and want to see it developed and take its rightful place in Entropia UNIVERSE.
Said it before and say it again space is the bit between planets in a UNIVERSE.

Ok that said.. lets look at the main contentions
We don't have a choice... yes we do.

So options currently are :-
1. Buy or sell on planet you are located at and settle for local mu
2. Use the AH delivery service, 2 ped and a long wait, 6 ped immediate but only if item is light, can escalate cost massively if heavy
3. Sell to a trader or buy from a trader and let them take the risk of interplanetary trading.
4. Risk flying it yourself but be prepared to lose it to pirates
5. Use a VIP warp service or a scheduled warp service. VIP dearer but at a time of your choosing (think Taxi in RL, scheduled is at set times which may be less convenient but cheaper - think bus service)

Those who are directly comparing a 10 ped scheduled warp or even a 25 ped VIP warp to the AH fees are ignoring the fact that while the warp may be dearer for a single item, it does allow carriage of multiple items, and on an MS or privateer there is no weight restriction and no increase in price due to weight (AH fees rise steeply for heavy items, ores etc).
In real terms 25 ped or even a 45ped double warp is very cheap insurance if moving a high value load. Just make sure you use a known and reputable service.

Space is all PVP (except at SS) and there should be safe routes or a TP. Doesn't matter if it crashes the price for those fools that bought a warp ship.
Easy for those that have not invested ped and time to belittle those who have, it is not them that would lose out if MA introduced another cheap easy way to cross space. As you can bet compensation would be minimal if indeed it materialised at all. Whatever did happen to the reserved AH fees and space missions ?!!?
Easy to call us fools and say tough luck.
Yet if MA came along and nerfed your high-end FAPS / Weapons / Armour and made it all worthless, would that be fair, should I as a space person just laugh and say tough you should have been wiser and less greedy.. ofc not. So don't expect us to sit back and say its ok to ignore us, reduce value of our investments, and be seen as somehow responsible for MA not letting you have a TP.

Far better than arguing with each other, we should join forces to make it plain to MA that they need to develop space as a true area of the game that has its own unique missions, mobs, mining and maybe crafting. That has areas for events, even PVP ring area where avatars/ships can go test there mettle at minimal cost with maybe a league table for individuals (quads/equus/firebird)) ships /teams (Teams being either ships crew or group of quads) etc
If space were more fun, had a more obvious purpose (other than being the boring bit in the way of your game), had things to encourage proper game play from pirates as opposed to SS camping and fertilizer farming, then many more may come to enjoy it and see it as a mainstream part of the game

Fantasy... maybe.. but I am allowed to dream, right ?

Back