Shopkeepers price hike

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
I am searching for an explanation for the recent price increase for shopkeepers from around 2k to 3k ped. It seems to come down again right at the moment but still too few sales to say whether it's a trend. Is there someone who observed this item more closely and willing to provide some context?

They were around 3k price a few years ago. Perhaps someone who bought at that price resold to one of their friends or alts to stick around same price which inflated it back up.

Shops and shopkeeper prices are always fluctuating randomly up or down depending on the buyer and seller.

Mindark says they are after stopping market manipulation but it happens ALL THE TIME EVERY SINGLE DAY in this game.

Mindark is always screwing with estates... remember when calypso apartment hallways had item points? Someday I fully expect them to limit to 2 or three shopkeepers per estate max.

Last edited:
Nothing fishy there just a lot of people opened new shops and needed a lot of shopkeepers, demand was high supply quite low and there you go.

Mindark says they are after stopping market manipulation but it happens ALL THE TIME EVERY SINGLE DAY in this game.

:dunce:

> be me
> mindark
> make game that tries to mimic real world economy
> surprised when game mimics real world economy
> mfw

Thanks. I have no reason to assume foul play at this time, just curious. The question is directed to those who kept track of this particular item more closely than I did, possibly been in the market for one and therefore HAVE EVIDENCE for their observations.

There is nothing fishy in the price of shopkeepers. It is something i do track on a quarterly basis and the recent upsurge from 2k to 3k happened on the back of some robust demand. There has been a significant increase in shop sales and usage since the armatrix line of weapons/amps came into place. One of those crafters who has purchased i think 15+ shopkeepers himself ( Lukasz) has posted here already.

Its a very good trend that we are having currently in EU and hopefully MA realise how beneficial (L) economy is for a game touted to be an RCE.

Yes agreed there has been a big surge in new shops with no change in supply

Would some (L) shop keepers be a terrible thing? Or even better a wee increase in supply.

100-1000 sales, Not uses and it dies.

Thank you both. This makes sense and is fully sufficient.

Different angle, from a shopowner who owns many shopkeepers. And here is the context that enlighten as opposed to leaving you in the dark holding your tail.

There are (M) & (F) Shopkeepers. The Prettier the (F), the more expensive. Pretty bod, curves, titties bum and face, with a fitting hairstyle to boot. Thats worth the 3K.

Fat ugly (M) shopkeeper, around the 2K peds.

Not just practical, but estetics also play a role.

My Magurgs on Aakas Island drop shopkeepers. :laugh:

Different angle, from a shopowner who owns many shopkeepers. And here is the context that enlighten as opposed to leaving you in the dark holding your tail.

There are (M) & (F) Shopkeepers. The Prettier the (F), the more expensive. Pretty bod, curves, titties bum and face, with a fitting hairstyle to boot. Thats worth the 3K.

Fat ugly (M) shopkeeper, around the 2K peds.

Not just practical, but estetics also play a role.

My Magurgs on Aakas Island drop shopkeepers. :laugh:

What on earth are you smoking lol

It doesn't matter if it's F or M, price is how much some 1 wants to pay for it

and btw, ambu and allo drop them also.

Well, if a model is pretty and nice fitted it matters. F keeper is always more pricy than an ugly fat M!
I'm sorry, but you are wrong here not SpaceJanitor :)

Buying 15x ugly ones at 2k ped each :)

Maybe it matters a little for some but im pretty sure the difference is not significant.

Last edited:

I usually agree with you on mostly everything but on this space is actually correct as I know a lot of people who paid a premium for good looking (F) and (M) shopkeepers ( looks is subjective of course). It was funny but i sold my last shopkeeper (M) at a premium as well and the buyer being a girl (irl) mentioned it specifically as the reason she bought the pad. Note : Premium in shopkeeper terms is 50-100 peds, not 250,500 or so :)

Buying 15x ugly ones at 2k ped each :)

Maybe it matters a little for some but im pretty sure the difference is not significant.

Some of us like to make it pretty for our customers. Its apreciated when they come and buy with added eye-candy. I just like to run a classy joint. And I dont care if you have a problem with that. I show some pride in my work :)

I checked Caly auction. Couple of male one and one decent female one. Guess which one I would buy and pay the full Price for? I wont pay that for the male ones, not in a long shot. Others may feel the same way. And there is absolutelly nothing wrong with that. :lolup:

Hey if you want to pay that for a Male Shopkeeper, all the power to you buddy. Different strokes for different blokes. Some galls may feel the same about Male Shopkeepers. Theres that. Im straight and proud of it :) But whatever, shopkeepers give us the space and the choice :)

There are two factors in this matter. Demand and offer as also how much pretty or ugly the subject is!
The first factor ofc is the important one and have an impact about 70% - 90% and the sec one 10%-30% in general!
This is just an example and small personal experience nothing else :)

Some of us like to make it pretty for our customers. Its apreciated when they come and buy with added eye-candy. I just like to run a classy joint. And I dont care if you have a problem with that. I show some pride in my work :)

I checked Caly auction. Couple of male one and one decent female one. Guess which one I would buy and pay the full Price for? I wont pay that for the male ones, not in a long shot. Others may feel the same way. And there is absolutelly nothing wrong with that. :lolup:

Hey if you want to pay that for a Male Shopkeeper, all the power to you buddy. Different strokes for different blokes. Some galls may feel the same about Male Shopkeepers. Theres that. Im straight and proud of it :) But whatever, shopkeepers give us the space and the choice :)

Lol you lost me m8 :) all the best for you :)
Just let me know if you have some fat and ugly ones at 2k since that's how much you priced them for.
Im not being sarcastic really want 15 of them, have some fat and bold in my shop and for me they look great and classy.

Last edited:
Reactions: San
Just let me know if you have some fat and ugly ones at 2k since that's how much you priced them for.
Im not being sarcastic really want 15 of them, have some fat and bold in my shop and for me they look great and classy.

I dont. I buy very selectivelly :)

( Why do I feel like some kinda slave-tader:scratch2:)

Last edited:

As a customer of shops, I agree with Lukasz. I don't really care what the shopkeeper looks like, unless the shop owner has outfitted it with something to indicate which products it sells (see Drakill's armor shop for example).

A good deal is a good deal no matter how ugly the shopkeeper is.

No amount or quality of perky tits or perfectly sculpted ass will make me pay more for a product.

MA has released 99 (!) different new armor plates (nine types of damage x 6 to 66). Not all have been discovered yet but it's only a matter of time.

Now, one set is seven plates; you can't even stuff three sets into one shopkeeper because it only holds 20 items.

There could be some sort of attachment that increases the capacity to 21 or 22; I guess armor sellers would appreciate it.

MA has released 99 (!) different new armor plates (nine types of damage x 6 to 66). Not all have been discovered yet but it's only a matter of time.

Now, one set is seven plates; you can't even stuff three sets into one shopkeeper because it only holds 20 items.

There could be some sort of attachment that increases the capacity to 21 or 22; I guess armor sellers would appreciate it.

Good idea, why not make the possibility to upgrade the shopkeepers?

Back