"Total uses" need an update

Alina

Elite
Society
freeeeee
Stoica Alina Alina
So some weeks ago MA changed the min condition of items from 3% to 0%.

That was a good move.

An even better move would be to significantly lower the max TT value of some UL items, for example: BL1800 - 3'267,20 USD; Hedoc - 1'999,22 USD; or even Riker UL3 - 424,00 USD

So some weeks ago MA changed the min condition of items from 3% to 0%.

Yeah, I'd like to do this change as well as some others but it requires some column/chart changes that will probably need to be synced with the sql tables and require some formulas to be fixed as well, currently we don't have anybody available who can do this task I don't believe.

I will try to look into it at some point though.

I would have thought it can be done with a single sql query that puts 0 to every "Minimal TT" field. With an access to the database of course.

I would have thought it can be done with a single sql query that puts 0 to every "Minimal TT" field. With an access to the database of course.

Would be a quick and dirty fix for now possibly yeah, though I don't have access to the database personally, my impression is that the only person who does is not very familiar with it and is only really tasked it making sure it stays up currently.

I would like to see movement here though because I care a lot about the wiki and other community resources.

I updated some manually, probably better to automate it. :rolleyes:

might be that they could copy the database to make one public and one not public. and withold the info we don't need ofc. if they are interested in making a better game and want to utilize our talents skills and passion, also ofc. interesting that a dinosaur has control of the thing but not surprising.

if noone can access the database for editing automatic, i guess we can do it manually with maths..right?

like total uses : 9000 == old 100%, now 97% (except maybe some very old Ul items where the % were diff)

new 100% == 9278 uses...

also then edit then the marks ..so others wont add the 3% also when some1 else addit it before...

Eddie

If I'm given access to the database I can do it in a few minutes, but I don't want to commit to anything else because I barely have time to play.

Would be a quick and dirty fix for now possibly yeah,

Why dirty, it's the only logical way. Uses aren't stored anywhere, they are calculated live as (max - min)/decay, so absolutely nothing needs to be changed other than min tt values.

Another problem is many items are protected from editing, like verified or something, so there is no way to do it even manually for the mere mortals.

Why dirty, it's the only logical way. Uses aren't stored anywhere, they are calculated live as (max - min)/decay, so absolutely nothing needs to be changed other than min tt values.

Another problem is many items are protected from editing, like verified or something, so there is no way to do it even manually for the mere mortals.

I'm pretty sure Min. TT is used in a some formulas and some of them may not like it being set to 0.00.

I'm pretty sure Min. TT is used in a some formulas and some of them may not like it being set to 0.00.

won't these formulas be wrong as well then?

If any of the devs are using Datagrip you could check every reference to said value in a click just to be sure (this includes triggers and SPs).
(Azure Data Studio with Redgate extension will give you similar results and is completely free)
Hopefully the conditions are set so that you can't remove something with dependencies anyway.

And if all else fails then perhaps you could just dirty hack it and leave it a mess for some future sod and make a view instead of just reading the table or make an SP that just corrects the values.
"
CREATE PROCEDURE Total_Uses_Fix
@TotalUses INT
AS
/*
We didn't wanna mess with legacy stuff so we made this SP, forgive us and godspeed
*/
SET @TotalUses =( (100/97)*@TotalUses )
"

DISCLAIMER: This is simply an illustration, please don't leave this for future generations

Is there anything left that doesn't go to 0.00 tt?

What else is going to use min tt where it being 0 would be a problem?

Besides that, I've changed several items to min tt = 0 and I didn't crash the server.

Back