LBML stopped by Windows Defender

jupiajo

Alpha
Tomi jupiajo Digital
Hello

Is it only my problem, or is it widespread? Windows Defender snatched "LbmlUpdater.exe". I can't allow this file because it doesn't show in Defender's history. LBML won't start now.

Also LBML WWW goes 500 Internal Server Error

Last edited:
Hello

Is it only my problem, or is it widespread? Windows Defender snatched "LbmlUpdater.exe". I can't allow this file because it doesn't show in Defender's history. LBML won't start now.

Also LBML WWW goes 500 Internal Server Error

You will have to exclude the directory manually from Window Defender. Something in the exe must of caught Microsofts interest

Thank you LeelooM and golddude. These resolved my problems. :yay:

removed since you resolved :)

internet lag didn't show up all posts at once!

removed since you resolved :)

internet lag didn't show up all posts at once!

Seems I have the same problem now and the updater.exe is gone...

You need to turn of your Defender .... cause the updater file is missing, re-install LBML ... add it to the software list to allow it .... restart ...

IDO plsssss fix this :p

Last edited:
had the same effect just some minutes ago. Old version was running but while updating Bitdefender came up and moved it to quarantine.
I like to have this fixed if possible. I will not disable my antivir for this dir or for the app.

Dunno if it is, but certificate the app would solve windefender to make problems with that app.
But i think some parts of the app would not alow to get a such certificate. I think it is the use of a key logger or some thing.

Aslong windefender make problems, i don't will install this app. I have too many things on my pc, to get any risk of anything. May my own panic in that, but i want be sure it is clean to install.

First, y'all using Windows Defender - just want you to know that's like wearing a mesh screen as a condom.

In this case though, I'm getting a failure with quite a few scanners. For me it started happening after the first update after the log format changed - I think it was some months back with the new waypoints feature?

Anyway I uploaded LbmlUpdater.exe to VirusTotal, which usually helps determine false positives. It fails on quite a lot of scanners. However, the detection on most of them is basically generic malware, so it's possible that it's just due to behavioral traits of the software.

I am also getting malware notices on both of Ido's web sites (mininglog.com and I can't recall the other) - but also could be behavioral heuristics. Most scanners these days err on the side of caution.

I will say that I've met and talked to Ido and he seems like a pretty standup guy, and he has a long standing reputation in the community, so take all of this how you will. I personally have still been using it, and Ido hasn't cleaned out my bank account yet (he probably saw how much was in it and felt bad). He might be using my spare CPU cycles to mine crypto though, I have no idea.

First, y'all using Windows Defender - just want you to know that's like wearing a mesh screen as a condom.

Going to call you out on this because you have no idea what you are talking about. Literally the best free AV there is. Have you ever tried to exploit a machine or execute malware without this AV detecting it? Probably not based on your comment. Windows defender is really good because Microsoft gets first samples of new malwares before anyone else. Windows has a built in feature to send files to themselves for review and signature writing.

Back