Entropia Universe 16.3.0 Release Notes

I left many many different avatars crafting in the test server while standing still for like 70 hours straight without any of them being kicked (yes they do follow the normal rules for being/not being kicked), so I don't think this is an issue unless there's an aspect of it that I'm missing, more details could be helpful.

Mindark Official
You are the man. have never seen such response from any MA Official regarding gameplay/bug issues as you've displayed here.

You are an excellent Ambassador for Entropia. Your setting the bar high for MA associates

I left many many different avatars crafting in the test server while standing still for like 70 hours straight without any of them being kicked (yes they do follow the normal rules for being/not being kicked), so I don't think this is an issue unless there's an aspect of it that I'm missing, more details could be helpful.
Well when this happened I was afk at the cyclops depths, then I looked at my monitor after a few hours, my avatar was being logged off for no reason. 20s left etc (this happened last night I think).

But in other places of the game, even outside instances my avatar gets logged out if I'm not doing anything in-game. I thought this was a "feature" added to prevent afk botters, so I didn't mind.

Still it is a bit annoying, especially if it happens when people craft. It may just be the test server is not the same as the live server. Only way for someone to test in live, go craft - don't interact with anything or touch anything in 10h or so. If they get kicked it's a bug.

Just today I was outside cyclops depth, then I decided to take a nap, 3 hours later (I overslept) I found out EU had shut off.
Afraid I don't have more details to give than that m8.

And this is what a HOF looked like:

Like I said this still not high on the list IMO just thought you might like to know.

You can still get that effect if you set your Camera Settings up in a certain way.

And this is the way I've got Entropia to work once again:

entropia_camera_settings_v16.3.jpg

Try it, I hope it makes Entropia work for you as it used to for me. :thumbup:

You can still get that effect if you set your Camera Settings up in a certain way.

Thanks Mega for the info. Those are some what different than mine and not sure if I would like them, picky you know, and as I said its not that big a deal, and thanks again for the help.

Just a side note:I really would like MA to fix the problem but afraid if they go too far it will screw everything up and I can live with it so lets just forget the whole thing.

THANK YOU !!! WORK PERFECT FOR ME :yay:

THANK YOU !!! WORK PERFECT FOR ME :yay:

Great! If I helped one person it was worth the post.

If Mindark could make it the default *cough* it would help many more....
:whistle:

crafting window is constantly closing all by itself...

We're aware of this issue and there will be a fix in the next patch.

Would you like to try putting the defaults on camera to the usable settings I had to manually change as above picture? (ie the ones we had up until VU 16.)

It shouldn't be down to players to make the game work, they should be set to optimum from Day One.

Would you like to try putting the defaults on camera to the usable settings I had to manually change as above picture? (ie the ones we had up until VU 16.)

It shouldn't be down to players to make the game work, they should be set to optimum from Day One.
Please don't. These settings makes the darn crosshair UI right on your avatar. It really makes it annoying and ugly when playing in third person mode.

Imo if they do this, they should add an option to turn off crosshair while in third person mode... Currently it does this automatically when you are in a relaxed state.

I have to turn up the far vertical offset by 85% in order to push the crosshair up, so it doesnt stay on my avatar (when you have the camera settings to middle of screen).

And even when you do this, if you zoom in too far the damn crosshair still shows on your avatar.

Last edited:
Please don't. These settings makes the darn crosshair UI right on your avatar. It really makes it annoying and ugly. Imo if they do this, they should add an option to turn off crosshair while in third person mode... I have to turn up the far vertical offset by 85% in order to push the crosshair up, so it doesnt stay on my avatar (when you have the camera settings to middle of screen).

Options / Interface /

Disable Crosshair Hitmarker *not ticked*
Hide Crosshair When Relaxed *tick*

options_interface_vu_16_3.jpg

Last edited:
Since the new camera system, the terminal closes when you move away. perhaps people are getting bumped out of range near crowded terminals ?

Same with trade windows, trading in a busy place, this new cam system was bad concept from the start... all this is cam problems cam problems cam problems, waiting for an avatars to load to trade, not streamline, just another awkward thing to wait for now....

Maybe mind ark can't find anything on the test server, because they don't have to deal, players moving, player bumping, no lag, no loading.... what about a player being bumped under lag while in trade?

I keep repeating the fact the cam is now tied into the code with no null return capture. This is forcing any attached procedure attached to camera to cause a error and cancel the procedure, like trying to trade:
1) activated trade command
2) activates move toward command
3) activate cam location (point of fail)
4) trade window pops up

God I hardly program and can tell this is obvious.

...Oh and health bars... < might just put that in my signigture

Last edited:
Options / Interface /

Disable Crosshair Hitmarker *not ticked*
Hide Crosshair When Relaxed *tick*
This doesn't solve the issue I'm describing. It's when you're in ready mode that causes the issue.

This doesn't solve the issue I'm describing. It's when you're in ready mode that causes the issue.

It might help if you upload a picture of the issue you are describing, I dont have a crosshair apart from when I'm shooting something, and I dont mind having that.

It might help if you upload a picture of the issue you are describing, I dont have a crosshair apart from when I'm shooting something, and I dont mind having that.

entropia_2019-05-01_22.40.28.jpg

Do you think this looks nice? I seriously don't.
Note: this is in ready mode.

entropia_2019-05-01_22.40.28.jpg

Do you think this looks nice? I seriously don't.

You haven't ticked Freelook but you play in OTS mode? I never liked that when it was introduced and so never used it.

I dont have that sight when I play but I'm zoomed further out.

hello_mr_snarg.jpg

That Snarg was in my 'sights' and could be fired upon.

The above picture wasn't possible to take with the previous camera system.

Last edited:

I have to agree with some of the other posters about not making your setting the norm. I like my setting like they are and having said that the ones that do want to change can use you SS as the blueprint.

I will say this one more time and I hope someone one hears me. EVERYTHING about this was fine, my cross hairs were not on my butt when shooting and globals and all were fine. Then the very next day MA did the little patch (like 2 megs) and for me all went south. I can stand it the way it is as I said in the beginning of this conversation so if MA can not fix it just stop trying and leave it alone. MA you have been doing good, real good IMO just don't screw this up were everything starts to get bad because everything is going south and we are right back where we were before the GOOD release.

Mega I did click the free look thing but this would hurt me hunting. I hunt one type of mob but there are others around and I use the F key for selection and then a quick double click to loot and select the next mob. If I happen to get one I don't want to kill selected I could quickly move the sight off and select another. With the free thing all I do is move my head but can not get off the mob. I really see no useful thing free look would be to hunting, at least for me.

I have found out something I think is interesting. If I hold down the scroll wheel on my mouse I can move the view any way I want and still keep shooting. I like to be above the target facing it when hunting but have not been able to since the little patch that MA release the next day after the VU that screwed my hunting up. However when selecting the next target with the F key my ava just turns but does not move to face the target. Sight stays above the target but like an OTS view if you know what I mean. I would like MA to pursue that so we can get back to the way it was before the patch, but that's just me.

I have found out something I think is interesting. If I hold down the scroll wheel on my mouse I can move the view any way I want and still keep shooting. I like to be above the target facing it when hunting but have not been able to since the little patch that MA release the next day after the VU that screwed my hunting up. However when selecting the next target with the F key my ava just turns but does not move to face the target. Sight stays above the target but like an OTS view if you know what I mean. I would like MA to pursue that so we can get back to the way it was before the patch, but that's just me.
agreed. It's weird if you get camera aimed in some oddball way that's disconnected with your avatar... makes it very hard to fight a mob if your camera is about 20 feet up from avatar in the sky facing the wrong direction.

I've put pictures of my Interface & Camera settings for those (like me) that hunted in 3rd person with healthbars as I did before VU 16.0.

If it helps, great, if not keep experimenting until you find something that suits your preference.

However, I dont want Mindark to change anything important.

Entropia VU 16.3.0 is now in a playable state. :thumbup:

It sounds like you might have just enabled "Unlock Freelook" while messing with your settings and then forgot you did that? I'm not entirely sure, nothing seems to have changed for me, but I could be mistaken.

Please don't change from the current settings , unless it is done as an option.

It sounds like you might have just enabled "Unlock Freelook" while messing with your settings and then forgot you did that? I'm not entirely sure, nothing seems to have changed for me, but I could be mistaken.

Yes this is the problem:

You either select unlock Freelock and then you can choose how you want to place the Camera BUT only for as long as you do not move the Avatar or select a new Target because when unlock Freelock is selected the camera is fixed to the world coordinate system so when your avatar selects a new target to the left of you the camera does not change whele the avatar turns to the left and shoots at that mobs which you cant see until you move the camera around into the new direction.
With unlock Freelock disabled the viewing direction is the crap point of view MA decided it wants you to have, the problem with hunting small/big mobs or hunting mobs above or below you where the camera does not see the mob but the ass of your avatar etc.

Before VU16 the View was that you could select the Position where the camera is placed and when your avatar turned around to face a new target the view also changed into that direction.

So it is like camera follows avatar with unlock Freelock disabled and you can select the point where your camera is placed like it would be with unlock Freelock enabled.

Or in another way with unlock Freelock enabled the camera Position is avatar bound, when Avatar looks in direction North the camera looks also in the northern direction, when you lock to another target and the avatar turns around into that direction the camera also turns into that direction. ATM it does not change the direction of the camera view when your avatar locks to another target which I think is bad.

I hope the explanation is understandable if not, only try it out with unlock Freelock enabled and mobs around you and using the lock target key to cycle trough the available mobs.

PS: this is all not if first person mode but in looking from behind

Last edited:

Nope still no check in the box. BTW you never did tell me what settings you wanted a Screen shot of so you could tell why my global swirls are screwed up. I saw Mega's solution but I don't my screen to look like his, no offense.

You did understand that holding the wheel on the mouse down I can hunt from above like before the little patch the day after the VU, right ? But as soon as I let up the sight goes back to my butt when shooting, NOT when I am just standing there.

Thanks for the reply.

I did find out something else, when holding down the mouse wheel it moves from target to target and stays with that position, when using FL it returns to the original position and THEN selects the next target. No big deal but it is a little different behavior.

agreed. It's weird if you get camera aimed in some oddball way that's disconnected with your avatar... makes it very hard to fight a mob if your camera is about 20 feet up from avatar in the sky facing the wrong direction.

when turrning your avatar your head position should default to forward looking in relation to body direction. not and lock on last position. and when dealing or talking the head should automatically turn and bring the body to face them. you know, like naturally.

on another note the game client should close gracefully. if i shut down my computer and the client is still running windows waits while entropia universe is unable to close itself. also ungraceful when the clientloader updates but cant close itself to start a reboot to continue the update.

Quick Bump on this...

So is there any updates with regards to the Company Share system that Mindark is gonna implement for EU?

How is it going to work/function?

So is there any updates with regards to the Company Share system that Mindark is gonna implement for EU?

How is it going to work/function?

My guess is it's already been fully released and no further functionality will be added. It was implemented exclusively for the purpose of the CP sale and will not be open to others for creating their own companies.

My guess is it's already been fully released and no further functionality will be added. It was implemented exclusively for the purpose of the CP sale and will not be open to others for creating their own companies.

I see. Well if it was only exclusively for that, then there's no need to worry too much about it I guess.

Cause I recently, while randomly surfing the net, stumbled upon some posts in another forum (dated 2016), talking about some "stock exchange system" in another game which resulted in quite a lot of people suffering losses after buying the stocks of some "companies".

It ended up in some legal dispute and the eventual closing of the said stock exchange system. So...whatever that Mindark is thinking about implementing...I really hope they do so with utmost precaution.

Back