Suggestion: a Custom Warning Message (set by the Player) as reminder to avoid Catastrophic Auction Mispricings

bigPaul

Dominant
Paul Ray Spinn
Hallo Friends :)

This time I am returning on one of the most upsetting, infamous -and yet unsolved- problems in Entropia Universe : Auction Mispricing , that is mostly due to stress, or disattention, or hurry, after a long -and likely hard- day.

The most "TRAGIC" expression of Auction Mispricing is in sales of Land Deeds, where a Player can lose thousands of peds : for example, just because of wrongly selling N Land Deeds at the price of 1 single Land Deed.

As I said, mostly stress/disattention/hurry, likely after a hard period, play a big part in these Auction Mispricings.

I already dealt with this problem in one of my past threads ("The Auction Emergency Countdown"), but the solution that I am now presenting is simpler -also in terms of code implementation- more elegant , and FAR more effective .

Preface :
As you know, currently when you sell an item by Auction, much below the current markup, a standard Warning Message appears (which approximately says "Warning, Player : The price that you have selected is much below the Current Average Market Price").

This is a standard message : sometimes useful, sometimes not ; and after some time the Player doesn't even take care of it.

The CUSTOM Message Set by the Player :

That said, now I am suggesting to let the Player face the problem of Auction Mispricing by creating an own CUSTOM Warning Message , that will be displayed before confirming any Auction Order .

To make this Custom Message more effective, it would be wise to let the Player select the Dimension and the Color of the Text displayed (and if You, MindArk, want to be even "more professional", You can add the possibility to make this Custom Warning Message flash : if the Player selects this option).

A Funny & Useful Example :
Let's suppose that I don't want to risk to sell 100 Calypso Land Deeds by a Mispriced Auction Order, due to stress/disattention/hurry.

I can create my own Custom Warning Message (of course also customizing it in my NATIVE language, whatever it is) , saying for example :

" Paul, before selling Calypso Land Deeds OR ANY OTHER Valuable items,
remember to check that the Price of the order is 100% correct.

--> BE CAREFUL , and Check that You are not selling N Land Deeds at the price of 1 single Land Deed ;
or similar CATASTROPHIC mistakes.

ONLY WHEN You are 100% sure then confirm the Auction Order.

--> It's BETTER to SPEND SOME MORE SECONDS to VERIFY YOUR AUCTION ORDER, THAN to WASTE MANY PEDS for AN AVOIDABLE MISTAKE . "

Then I will select the Dimension of the Text of this Custom Warning Message, and its Color , and -if I want- even make it flash .

This Custom Warning Message will be displayed before confirming any Auction Order .

So far, I have posted many ideas/solutions, now grouped and catalogued in my Blog :
many of them are financially valuable, both for MindArk and for the Players;
that said, now I am particularly proud of this "elementary" Solution,

because of its Simplicity, Effectiveness and Easyness of Implementation,
and because of the Positive Impact that it can have on Life and Mood of the Players,

also positively impacting on the Reputation of Entropia Universe , and therefore on its Success .

As I said in my other Thread (aka "The Auction Emergency Countdown") dedicated to this problem of Auction Mispricings :

"This is a recurrent, huge problem, that also may affect very badly the life of the Player involved :
It's not hard to imagine how a Player may feel after an unwanted money loss of that kind, caused by pure distraction/stress.

Also I easily guess that many Players have stopped playing for the extreme frustration and sadness caused by these errors.
"

That said, now MindArk has an EASY solution to let the Players face the risk of Auction Mispricings by their well, WISELY Customized Way .

I would kindly ask the MindArk Development Team to seriously consider this simple and effective proposal.

Enjoy :)

Paul

Last edited:
Back