PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    cB Crimson Blades
    Images

Streamline Easter Mayhem Defense Instance (next year, not this year)

Good afternoon,

The current Easter Mayhem Defense mode instance is a lot of fun. It's challenging, engaging, requires skill, coordination, equipment, and tactics. I love it!

The issue?

It starts off far too easy.

The first 30-50 minutes or so are basically a complete waste of time. Every mob drops dead before it reaches the marker and with a ranged weapon you don't even need to move.

Why is this a problem?

Because it places a significant time constraint on people who cannot commit to two full hours of dedicated time on the chair. Real life circumstances, certain physical disabilities, or simply bladder capacity all inhibit players from participating who otherwise could give it a serious go.

Recommended course of action:

Forego all the mob waves of the first 30 minutes and start the instance at the same difficulty as if the first 30 minutes had already been done. This would require immediate hands on engagement and tactics from the beginning, and enable more people to participate in the instance.

Please note:

I am not saying this should be done this year (since players have already recorded scores), but rather a proposal to take onboard for next year.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Captain Jack; 04-25-2019 at 22:45.
    Hunt for Markup and skill Evader and Looter professions fast!
    Mutated Beladoth: 61.68 TT of Athletics (repeatable).
    Mutated Otorugi: 54.35 TT Alertness (repeatable).
    Both mobs available in good density at Songkra Valley. Damage: Cut/Stab/Impact.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sir Azzah Neu
    Society
    Agents of Entropy
    Images
    Last year the best time was 1:37 or so if I remember right. They made the mobs even easier for some reason when it was already an issue last year I felt too. Not so engaging for the first hour or so. Then 30 minutes of fun.
    Also not interesting to watch if players are streaming the first bit...

Agreed 100%. It was annoying to do a run, mess up, then have to wait 30mins to 'begin' again

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
    Society
    Agents of Entropy
    Images
    I completely agree, the scaling is crazy and should be faster at first but less exponential near the end. Also the goal should not be 'time survived' which just leaves people popping stims at the end and running in circles for 30 minutes, it should be total creatures killed, which forces people to actually fight and kill at the end instead.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    cB Crimson Blades
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijacker27 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I completely agree, the scaling is crazy and should be faster at first but less exponential near the end. Also the goal should not be 'time survived' which just leaves people popping stims at the end and running in circles for 30 minutes, it should be total creatures killed, which forces people to actually fight and kill at the end instead.
    Agreed, that would be great.

Side note, I should not be able to post on PCF with 32 minutes into the instance....

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    I don't know what category you're doing or what your setup is, but in Category 10 with my regular setup doing a casual eco hunt (by which I mean not bothering with enhancers, pills, high markup amps etc) I was stopping after wave 2 (20 mins) because I knew I wouldn't survive the next one.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Stoica Alina Alina
    Society
    freeeeee
    Images
    with all the drama over the time i think they have to do something with defense maybe even remove it add something new

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    don mitnick
    Society
    Misanthropy
    Images
    The reason is pretty damm easy, why they made it this way. As a lot of people have to do those waves longer, they have to kill more mobs which means more cash in da pocket for MA.

But i agree and hope they change it.

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Snake Slither Hellfire
    Society
    Dark Templar
    Images
    So you're saying the only people who should be allowed to participate are those with 500kped of gear and are willing to spend hundreds of peds on pills.

I know I can't get a score half that needed to get in top10 but I still enjoy the hunt.

Always Buying Rugaritz, PM me if you have any amount for sale

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    cB Crimson Blades
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slither View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you're saying the only people who should be allowed to participate are those with 500kped of gear and are willing to spend hundreds of peds on pills.

I know I can't get a score half that needed to get in top10 but I still enjoy the hunt.
    This is a separate issue - they also need to unlock practice instances for ALL categories to allow casual players to scale down to a lower category for a casual hunt.

But yes, the competitive mode should be geared toward those who have competitive setups.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast