Bad luck strikes hard!

Rampsy

Dominant
Society
AO
Rampsy
So I was having my mayhem run right on schedule, having the average/hour that I aimed for. But then a soc mate apparently had some good point drops, and I lost my dream of winning my cat. No worries I thought, there was still second place.

And yeah, I was heading for second place nicely, but points started to drop slightly less. Ok, no worries, with current point drop I would still make second place, allthough it would be close (like 100-200 points more I had figured)
But then... around 40 minutes before the end, suddenly, server lagged. I saw a few people disconnecting due to the server lag. I couldn't reconnect myself, because my boss was about to spawn, and I needed those 250 points. But my gun was refusing to shoot. So I could only hope that the game would respond again soon.

Ok, no worries, about 5 minutes later, suddenly it started working again, and the mob I was targetting died. I lost around 5 minutes, but ok... I thought by myself "I hope this won't make the difference between second or third". So I checked my points again, but I was like: ok, no I should be alright, I will still win the race for second place, allthough it will be getting really close now.

And then... 12 minutes without a single point, followed by 6 minutes with only 3 points... And that was starting to get me really nervous. It was getting extremely close now. Was i gonna get second or third?

Well...

endpoints.jpg

I was about to cry :( That freeze really did make the difference after all :mad: :( :( :(
But congratulations to Chong, you're still ahead of me :p
I doubt I'll ever see such a close photofinish ever again in this game :)

Last edited:
Funny addition: only a day ago, I was talking to a friend ingame about the score of Shilda, and said "imagine ending up this close to the one in front of you. He's only 34 points behind. I would be pissed if I'd lose by being this close behind the other 1".

I guess it was just destiny to end with these amount of points after saying that... :p

Ouch... That sucks.

Who knows, maybe Chong had similar issues… But that's a low comfort. Shit happens, I lost an easter egg and some data fragments during a defense event this way.

Who knows, maybe Chong had similar issues… But that's a low comfort. Shit happens, I lost an easter egg and some data fragments during a defense event this way.

Yeah, I know, it's possible :) I'm not mad or anything. A little dissapointed, yes, but that's part of the game :)

Hey Ramsy, I did miss one boss spawn due to disconnect but luckily it didn't cost me 2nd place....yet. I said yet because there is still time for others to overtake us as well as others that may have a higher place holding out until the last minute to complete the event.

Good luck. Let's hope we both finish at least in the top 3 and gratz to Duncan!

Back